FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Leatherworking Profession Guide

The guide states that at 700 LW, your Burnished Leather spell becomes a 3-charge cast. This is NOT true in two ways:

1. You can only create 1 Burnished Leather per day at level 700 LW.

2. You can only create 1 Burnished Leather per day at level 700 LW even after not creating any Burnished Leathers the day(s) before (i.e. it doesn't charge up to a maximum of 3 charges if you don't create one every day).

I read this guide and power leveled to 700 LW thinking that it would be of benefit, but alas it wasn't true. I just want to make sure no one else makes the same mistake.

Guest Stabbymcstab

I was just wondering if there is any new Armor enhancing kits in dreanor expansion.... cant seem to find any

The guide states that at 700 LW, your Burnished Leather spell becomes a 3-charge cast. This is NOT true in two ways:

1. You can only create 1 Burnished Leather per day at level 700 LW.

2. You can only create 1 Burnished Leather per day at level 700 LW even after not creating any Burnished Leathers the day(s) before (i.e. it doesn't charge up to a maximum of 3 charges if you don't create one every day).

I read this guide and power leveled to 700 LW thinking that it would be of benefit, but alas it wasn't true. I just want to make sure no one else makes the same mistake.

So many things change between beta and live that I find myself constantly updating these guides. I guess the 3-charge thingie didn't make it to live.

Guest Angelhearth

Only 50 raw hides? Only 50 raw hides? It will take you around 3-5 kills for 1 raw hide depending on your skinning lvl. At 3 gold per raw hide it will cost you 150 gold to make 1 item that gives you 5 skill! A total of around 18,000 gold to go from 1 to 600.

Only 50 raw hides? Only 50 raw hides? It will take you around 3-5 kills for 1 raw hide depending on your skinning lvl. At 3 gold per raw hide it will cost you 150 gold to make 1 item that gives you 5 skill! A total of around 18,000 gold to go from 1 to 600.

If you skin the low level beasts with a low skinning level, then yes, it will take a few to make 1 raw hide beast.  The beasts in nagrand can give 1-3 raw hides each with a decent skinning level.  Also, if you get the barn as your medium building and regularly do work orders there, you can easily make 30-40 raw hides a day, and 132 per day from 6 large work orders at level 3 with a follower.  There's also the daily cooldowns that give 11 skill per day (burnished leather and the secret).  If you're not planning on doing this all at once, then leveling a profession only costs you time and a bit of effort.

Guest Xerxes

The form Drums of Fury has been added.  This only takes 5 Raw Beast Hides and, at low leatherworking skills, gives 2 skill points.  This is by far the best leather-to-skill ratio, at 2.5 leather per point.

15 hours ago, Guest Xerxes said:

The form Drums of Fury has been added.  This only takes 5 Raw Beast Hides and, at low leatherworking skills, gives 2 skill points.  This is by far the best leather-to-skill ratio, at 2.5 leather per point.

Thanks for pointing this out. We'll get it updated! Does the recipe continue giving 2 skill points until 600+?