Garrison: Leveling Leatherworking In Warlords of Draenor (WoD 6.1.2)
Table of Contents
- 1. Why Level up Leatherworking to 700?
- 2. Learning Draenor Leatherworking
- +3. Leveling Leatherworking from 600 to 700
- +4. Leveling Leatherworking from 1 to 600
- 5. Changelog
Why Level up Leatherworking to 700?
All of the Draenor-specific Leatherworking recipes can be crafted with a skill of 1. So, reaching the maximum skill in Warlords of Draenor is not as important as it was in previous expansions. The only perk you get from leveling Leatherworking is that the yield of Burnished Leather slowly increases from 5 at Level 600 to 10 at Level 700, meaning that you can craft more bags, item level 640 armor, and item upgrades.
Learning Draenor Leatherworking
Leveling Leatherworking in Draenor requires you to first acquire Draenor Leatherworking, which teaches you how to craft Burnished Leather, Secrets of Draenor Leatherworking, and other Draenor recipes that you can use from Level 1.
You can acquire Draenor Leatherworking from the Leatherworking Patterns vendor in Ashran, from the Leatherworker at the The Tannery in your Garrison, or at the end of the quest line that allows you to unlock the Tannery before upgrading your Town Hall to Level 2.
Leveling Leatherworking from 600 to 700
The easiest way to level Leatherworking to 700 is to make Leather Refurbishing Kit. This recipe only consumes 10x Burnished Leathers and has a +3 skill up, which is the best ratio you can get. Burnished Inscription Bag, Burnished Leather Bag, and Burnished Mining Bag are the next best recipes with a +10 skill up for 50x Burnished Leathers consumed.
That said, the reason why you level up Leatherworking is to craft high-end armor and weapons, not to craft dozens of Leather Refurbishing Kits, so we believe that you should forsake leveling up Leatherworking as fast as possible. Instead, whenever you reach 100x Burnished Leather, you should craft a weapon or armor than you can use or make a lot of profit from:
- Leather Armor:
- Supple Boots, which creates Supple Boots;
- Supple Bracers, which creates Supple Bracers;
- Supple Gloves, which creates Supple Gloves;
- Supple Helm, which creates Supple Helm;
- Supple Leggings, which creates Supple Leggings;
- Supple Shoulderguards, which creates Supple Shoulderguards;
- Supple Vest, which creates Supple Vest;
- Supple Waistguard, which creates Supple Waistguard;
- Mail Armor:
- Wayfaring Belt, which creates Wayfaring Belt.
- Wayfaring Boots, which creates Wayfaring Boots;
- Wayfaring Bracers, which creates Wayfaring Bracers;
- Wayfaring Gloves, which creates Wayfaring Gloves;
- Wayfaring Helm, which creates Wayfaring Helm;
- Wayfaring Leggings, which creates Wayfaring Leggings;
- Wayfaring Shoulderguards, which creates Wayfaring Shoulderguards;
- Wayfaring Tunic, which creates Wayfaring Tunic.
Each of the recipes mentioned above cost 1x Secret of Draenor Leatherworking and can be bought from the Leatherworker at your Tannery. They all consume 100x Burnished Leathers and give you a +10 skill up.
Leveling to 700 is going to take about a month, because you are required to use Burnished Leathers, which you can make in limited quantities every day.
Burnished Leathers and Secrets of Draenor Leatherworking
Burnished Leather and Secrets of Draenor Leatherworking have a daily cooldown, which resets at the same time the daily quests do. You need to craft these two recipes every day, to maximize the speed at which you level up Leatherworking. Each of these recipes grants you a +1 skill up.
It is also important to place 6 Work Orders a day at your Tannery, otherwise, leveling up Leatherworking is going to take a lot longer than the month we announced.
Leveling Leatherworking from 1 to 600
You can craft any of the Warlords of Draenor recipes from Level 1. The best recipes for leveling up are:
- Journeying Helm;
- Journeying Robes;
- Journeying Slacks;
- Traveling Helm;
- Traveling Tunic;
- Traveling Leggings.
Below Level 600, Burnished Leather gives a +10 skill up, so making this recipe and Secrets of Draenor Leatherworking is already a +11 skill up every day, in case you cannot not afford to buy 6,000 hides.
There are 4 items that you can randomly loot from mobs in Draenor and that increase your Leatherworking skill by 5. Technically speaking, you need to combine these items with Draenor materials to create a new item and increase your Leatherworking skill by 5 in the process.
- Desiccated Leather Cloak must be combined with 4x Raw Beast Hide.
- Scorched Leather Cap must be combined with 4x Raw Beast Hide.
- Mangled Saddle Bag must be combined with 8x Raw Beast Hide.
- Cracked Hand Drum must be combined with 10x Raw Beast Hide.
- 07 Jan. 2015: Updated the cost of Journeying and Traveling items.
- 02 Dec. 2014: Amended the guide to reflect the fact that recipes can also be bought in Ashran.
- Shattered Helm of Domination Arrives to Collector
- Rogue Update in Patch 9.0.5
- Will Patch 9.0.5 Release on March 16?
- Undocumented Windwalker Monk Changes in Patch 9.0.5
- Castle Nathria Alliance Hall of Fame Complete, Cross-Realm Mythic Enabled Soon
- Night Fae Blood DK Finishes Keystone Master on Controller in PUGs
- World Boss for the Week of March 2nd - Mortanis
- EU Server Issues: No Servers Currently Available (March 2nd)
- Blacksmithing Guide
- Restoration Shaman Shadowlands
- Marksmanship Hunter Shadowlands
- Holy Priest Shadowlands
- Beast Mastery Hunter Shadowlands
- m+ DECLINES!
- Frost Mage Shadowlands
- Patch 9.0.5 Class Changes