FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Imperial Vizier Zor'lok

Hi, just an addition to your heroic section. During any Force and Verve cast by either the boss or his echo, 4 Noise-Cancelling zones ALWAYS spawn.

If BOTH the boss and an Echo are up during a Force and Verve cast, 2 zones are spawned at the boss and 2 are spawned at the Echo. As they are usually always tanked apart from each other, this explains why you're only seeing 2 nearby sometimes.

Thank you, sir. Updating the guide for this right now!

poster above me is right.

I have only done the 10m version of this encounter so I'll give you a rundown of this fight. however a few things of note.

1. there will away be 4 shields that spawn if there is no echo its near him, one under, one in melee range, one on the far right, and one on the far left.. They spawn in the same general location. when the echos spawns the echo will drop one under him and one in melee range, while the real boss will get on on the back right, and one in the front left. this are the general locations of the spawn points of the shields ( 130 wipes experience)

2. two "waves" of green orbs come out of the boss following the spiral, one that very fast and moves faster, and another one that moves slower. it is ideal to turn the boss towards the m/c platform, this is because we believe the orbs spawn based on his direction while the yellow balls spawn based on cardinal directions. stack in max melee and run in circles trying to stay closer to the inside wave than the out. sonic pulses hit you for 90% so the mixed wave of rings and pluses IS murder.

3. some classes will have to watch their cd's on annoying stuns incase they get m/ced. they need guess how much time is left to next exhale, an aoe fear or stun going off can easily wipe the raid.

4. finally for different phases its likely you'll need to go to a different shield, so remember which one you're going too.

5. the first attunation when the force and verve echo is alive will be "wonky" compared to others, send your best dodgers.

so, the fight starts off, 2 tanks, 2 healers, and 6 DPS type doesn't. all shields were pre-assiented for this platform, healer that will be jumping over to Attenuation with the boss uses his raid cool down for the first force. after first force the boss flys off leaving his echo, 1 healer, 1 high self healing tank, and 1 dps with passive heals. move over. rest of the raid burns echo. When the echo force and verves the TANK must stay out and eat it with cooldowns along with the other healers raid cooldowns. once dead, the raid goves over to the boss, faceing the boss towards m/c platform and stack at max melee, dodge balls until boss flys off.

tank an healer leave to m/c platform. burn echo until first attenuation where everyone but 1 tank, 1 healer, and 3 dps stay to kill the echo, while the rest leave (split up into two even groups.)

once echo is dead everyone goes m/c platform to finish the boss, bring the mc's down quick but don't overkill.

Phase two has many different stratigies

Hey, thanks for the awesome post. I just have one question regarding the Convert platform - if you send only two players to it until the Echo of Attenuation is killed, doesn't that cause problems when the first Conver goes off? Won't it just Convert the two players there and then the boss will start channeling Song of the Empress?

Guest mark

Thank you, sir. Updating the guide for this right now!

Hey, thanks for the awesome post. I just have one question regarding the Convert platform - if you send only two players to it until the Echo of Attenuation is killed, doesn't that cause problems when the first Conver goes off? Won't it just Convert the two players there and then the boss will start channeling Song of the Empress?

yes, however we have the other 2-3 dps come over as the echo is casting the first attenuation, in 100 attempts I have never seen the boss convert before the first attenuation, so the groups will be roughly evenly split by the time the convert is cast.

Also a side not, the convert does not seem to be on a fix timer, its extremely random to the point where it seems he skips the first one, however a rule of thumb is he does the first one around 6 seconds after the echo casts attenuation for the first time, and can take form 30 seconds to 50 to recast. however that is speculation and is what I reli on when timing my fears.

PS, I'm sorry about my horrific writing. I haven't slept for 40 hours :3

Guest Dagthul

Hello there,

I'd like to clarify something about the last phase on heroic (10-man), specifically dealing with the last Echo of Attenuation - contrary to what's mentioned in the guide, the Echo was completely immobile in all our attempts, once the boss spawned it (which normally happens after the first Force and Verve in phase 2 and occurs simultaneously with Convert), it stayed there until the end.

This may present an additional challenge if you decide not to kill the Echo: the tank has to make sure s/he is always close enough to it so it doesn't start channeling the Song of the Empress, and that may not be easy if the Force and Verve bubbles spawn in a bad spot or if the Echo spawns in an awkward position (e.g. very close to a wall) that makes avoiding its Attenuation more difficult. Divine Shield and BoP help a lot with this because they can negate both Attenuation and Force and Verve, but you probably need to make sure you burn the boss down before you run out of cooldowns.

On heroic, the shields reduce damage from Sonic Rings (the yellow ones) by 75 %, so you can pretty much ignore those when standing in the bubbles. This may help a bit during the double Attenuations followed by Force and Verve. Unfortunately they don't work against Sonic Pulses (the green ones) so you still have to avoid them.

The Echoes have 1/10 of the boss' health (21.8 M) and killing the last one is a viable strategy as well; it's what we had to do because people kept randomly dying during the double Attenuations.

On our first kill we had 3 minutes left until berserk when we killed the Echo, then two DPS managed to die somehow within the next 30 seconds and a third one when the boss had about 7 M left and we still killed him with about 5 seconds left until berserk, so with everybody alive the 11 min timer should be easy to beat Posted Image.

Also, the order in which the boss uses his abilities can be a bit random and probably depends on how fast you're pushing him out of the first 3 platforms, but in the vast majority of our attempts the last phase went like this: Boss Attenuation > Force and Verve > Convert + Echo Spawn > Boss Attenuation > Echo Attenuation > Force and Verve > Echo Attenuation > Boss Attenuation etc. We had a few attempts where he completely skipped that first Convert (which made killing the Echo significantly easier) or did an Attenuation before spawning the Echo (which was confusing), but we couldn't reproduce any of these situations reliably and most attempts followed the pattern above. It's likely that the boss is a bit bugged.

Guest Omnius

When Zor'lok casts Posted ImageForce and Verve, the tank and healer assigned to the Echo will have to either make their way to a protective shield (moving the Echo with them in the process), or attempt to survive through the use of cooldowns.

Confirming what was mentioned in one of the comments above - Echo is completely immobile on phase 2 and tank assigned to it should be meleing it at all times, except when echo is casting attenuation (which is not the case during force and verve). Also shields never spawn at melee range of the echo, so tank is basically forced to survive every Force and Verve on phase 2 starting from second under some cooldown or heavily healed.

Confirming what was mentioned in one of the comments above - Echo is completely immobile on phase 2 and tank assigned to it should be meleing it at all times, except when echo is casting attenuation (which is not the case during force and verve). Also shields never spawn at melee range of the echo, so tank is basically forced to survive every Force and Verve on phase 2 starting from second under some cooldown or heavily healed.

Since it is immobile, you can do what a Fatboss video suggested and place the boss in the corner you want the Echo in and when then Echo spawns you move the boss to the other side of the room.

Guest Guest

If you have elemental shaman in your raid, make sure to use Glyph of Thunderstorm. Our raid has two (sometimes 3!) ele shaman, who would frequently Thunderstorm when under Convert - annoying enough on its own, but lethal when mixed with a Force & Verve.

hey, on the guide for this fight can you please add the achievement part like all othger guides, only one i need to know how to get now, thx

Can anyone please tell me a better solution to deal with the discs he throws on the ground? I'm melee and i stand in the middle of him since he has a huge hitbox, but once in a while i hit the discs. Is there another way that I haven't done yet that is better? Also, thanks to DBM, I do know which way the discs are going

Thanks!

Edited by Auyssaelre

Guest Geodew

I notice in the Heroic section you mention moving the Echo of Attenuation several times in Phase 2...

Actually, it spawns a bit in front of the boss and it CANNOT BE MOVED from that spot. If there is no one in melee range, it casts Song of the Empress, wiping the raid.

Instead you must move the BOSS to the other corner of the room, and quickly before the double attenuation goes off shortly after the Echo drops.

In addition, Convert is cast once right as the Echo is summoned, which is extremely dangerous for the tank&healer group on the echo since they have very little DPS alone to break the converts. In fact, the healer assigned to heal the Echo tank can even be converted. This convert has been wiping me and my friends multiple times, and I was wondering if anyone had a strategy for it. I guess you must simply break converts immediately so the DPS can run away from the Echo. This is complicated by the fact that we were dropping the Echo in the back corner between platforms, and that pillar can cause LOS issues.

Also the tank&healer must be great Attenuation dodgers since you probably will not have enough room to spin around the boss 360 degrees. Make sure your tank is in range of the Echo when Attenuation is ending to avoid Song of the Empress.