FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Garalon

Guest Vanyalí

The link to Garalon's Fury buff actually links to one from Majordomo in Firelands Posted Image

Your guide implys that standing next to the leg only gives you a weak point buff for that specific leg. It was to my understanding that if you are near any leg you can do more damage to ANY OTHER leg as a range DPS.

Can anyone confirm or deny? I'm going back in tonight and will try to find out.

The first player who receives the debuff will be the player who engages Garalon, so you can easily control the succession of players who get the debuff.

I think pheremones is triggered more by proximity then engagement. We've had melee get the debuff before our tank when he initially pulled. Again, will try to confirm tonight.

Edited by krazyito65

Guest Gloostick

I think pheremones is triggered more by proximity then engagement. We've had melee get the debuff before our tank when he initially pulled. Again, will try to confirm tonight.

This is what we observed as well. Garalon seems to cast Pheromones on the closest target, regardless of who pulled.

Also, this boss seems to have a hard enrage at around 6 minutes after which he'll cast Massive Crash and wipe the raid.

The link to Garalon's Fury buff actually links to one from Majordomo in Firelands Posted Image

Fixed. Thanks!

Your guide implys that standing next to the leg only gives you a weak point buff for that specific leg. It was to my understanding that if you are near any leg you can do more damage to ANY OTHER leg as a range DPS.

Can anyone confirm or deny? I'm going back in tonight and will try to find out.

You are right on both counts. Thank you. I will update the guide accordingly.

This is what we observed as well. Garalon seems to cast Pheromones on the closest target, regardless of who pulled.

Also, this boss seems to have a hard enrage at around 6 minutes after which he'll cast Massive Crash and wipe the raid.

Yeah, it has a 6 minute hard enrage. It's mentioned in the guide now :)

You are right on both counts. Thank you. I will update the guide accordingly.

From what our raid could tell I was wrong about being able to do more damage to other legs from any "weak point" zone.

do you really need 2tanks? can't 2 plate melee users be able to take the hits? and then have 2extra dps to increase the dmg done on garalon? I don't really see fully why needing 2tanks, due he target's ppl who have the debuff and run behind them.

6 minute enrage is incorrect. Either they hotfixed it or something but we were able to get through the fight past 6 minutes one or two times.

7:22: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nmf511x8cyp0v94f/dashboard/?s=9219&e=9661

6:47: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nmf511x8cyp0v94f/dashboard/?s=11807&e=12214

Guest Magcmike

Fire mages are extremely powerful in this fight as dots can spread with Inferno Blast if the mage is focusing the boss and not the legs. Unsure if this will get nerfed in the future.

Guest huth

The information for Pungency is incorrect.

It increases damage done, not taken(i.e. the entire raid takes more damage as stacks increase), and the debuff lasts 4 minutes in all difficulties except LFR, which is 2 minutes.

The information for Pungency is incorrect.

It increases damage done, not taken(i.e. the entire raid takes more damage as stacks increase), and the debuff lasts 4 minutes in all difficulties except LFR, which is 2 minutes.

Regarding the duration, fair enough, this seems to have been changed.

But I don't understand what you mean about Pungency increasing damage done, not taken. It increases the damage that player takes from Pheromones, is this not the same as increasing the damage that Pheromones does to the player?

Guest Sixskins

Some loot still seems to be missing from your loot table above(unless Wowhead is wrong, more specifically the melee dps chestpiece I'm lusting after. Also, in your Imperial Vizier guide, the loot table is missing a melee dps belt (which I'm sure he drops because I was lucky enough to win it last night).

Also, in your Imperial Vizier guide, the loot table is missing a melee dps belt (which I'm sure he drops because I was lucky enough to win it last night).

If you haven't already, would you mind posting that in the relevant thread please? It makes it easier for reference when correcting the guides. Cheers!

I think he means that the pheromones do more damage with increasing stacks

To the entire raid? As in, that if a player with 2 stacks of Pungency is carrying Pheromones, the entire raid takes some small amount of damage, but that if a player with 6 stacks of Pungency is carrying Pheromones, the raid takes more damage than before?

Some loot still seems to be missing from your loot table above(unless Wowhead is wrong, more specifically the melee dps chestpiece I'm lusting after. Also, in your Imperial Vizier guide, the loot table is missing a melee dps belt (which I'm sure he drops because I was lucky enough to win it last night).

Thanks, we're on it!

Guest Oliria

The pheromones damage is indeed applied to the entire raid, not just the person being fixated. As so the Pungency debuff increased the damage the raid takes. This boss seems to be about striking a balance between damage from Pheromones and damage from crushes.

The pheromones damage is indeed applied to the entire raid, not just the person being fixated. As so the Pungency debuff increased the damage the raid takes. This boss seems to be about striking a balance between damage from Pheromones and damage from crushes.

Cheers!

I believe the poster was just stating that the wording in the guide was not technically correct (The debuff does more damage to the raid, not increase the raids damage taken) Which is essentially almost the same thing. Either way the raid takes more damage.

They receive a stacking debuff, called Pungency, which increases the damage they take from Pheromones by 10% per stack.

Here is the line he was talking about.

I've completed several updates to this guide but still waiting on a small technical snag before they go through.

That said, I'm not actually sure that Pungency lasts 4 minutes. The Dungeon Journal still lists it as 2 minutes (in all sizes/difficulties), and the most recent videos I could find have the same thing. Moreover, having it last 4 minutes would mean you'd need to rotated between 6 to 8 players, which in 10-man is pretty devastating, honestly.

I do admit that when it was first reported, I checked the DJ and it did say 4 minutes. Whether I was hallucinating, or there was some kind of glitch or something, I don't know.

If someone can positively confirm that it's 4 minutes (a video or screenshot would help) at the current moment (i.e.: not two nights ago), then I'm happy to update it to that.

Guest SenSayNyu

Killed this bug yesterday. In 25 man Pungency lasts exactly 4 minutes.

Killed this bug yesterday. In 25 man Pungency lasts exactly 4 minutes.

Thanks. Surely can't last the same amount of time in 10-man, though, or it would be nigh-impossible, and in any case super hard to do.

Guest Ravecreator

Been doing this and we had just 4 people rotating at 20 stacks, however, if some1 fails to pass it at 20 but doing it like 25 there might be some problems in rotating around as your debuff lasts longer aswell. So timing is indeed needed.

We do it with 2 tanks 2 healers swapping and when tank is having it, healer go soak with the other tank and heal himself up. This way you never lose any dps on legs wich you really need with the current enrage timer.

Seeing logs, a melee cleave would be an absolute +, seeing rogues being around the highest dps its really nice to have this in your team, ofc without is possible aswell, get some moonkins instead Posted Image found out that they are doing great damage to legs aswell.

Been doing this and we had just 4 people rotating at 20 stacks, however, if some1 fails to pass it at 20 but doing it like 25 there might be some problems in rotating around as your debuff lasts longer aswell. So timing is indeed needed.

We do it with 2 tanks 2 healers swapping and when tank is having it, healer go soak with the other tank and heal himself up. This way you never lose any dps on legs wich you really need with the current enrage timer.

Seeing logs, a melee cleave would be an absolute +, seeing rogues being around the highest dps its really nice to have this in your team, ofc without is possible aswell, get some moonkins instead Posted Image found out that they are doing great damage to legs aswell.

I'd like some clarification on this if possible. Are you talking about 10-man here (I assume so), and are you saying that the debuff duration (Pungency) was 2 minutes?

Thank you!

Guest Prozzo

Killed him in 10 man with 3 healers and 1 tank (and a dps DK soaking the shockwave with the tank).. the duration of (Pungency) is 2 minutes, we rotated 4 players around 20 stacks which is impossible if it was 4 minutes.

Important note is that every stack increases the AoE DoT taken by the whole raid on every tick.. which means if you let someone soak for more than 20 stacks your healers will have hard time healing the raid, so if you used 5 people to rotate the debuff at 15 stacks you can use 2 healers as raid damage taken will be less. (not sure if I saw this in your guide)

Killed him in 10 man with 3 healers and 1 tank (and a dps DK soaking the shockwave with the tank).. the duration of (Pungency) is 2 minutes, we rotated 4 players around 20 stacks which is impossible if it was 4 minutes.

Important note is that every stack increases the AoE DoT taken by the whole raid on every tick.. which means if you let someone soak for more than 20 stacks your healers will have hard time healing the raid, so if you used 5 people to rotate the debuff at 15 stacks you can use 2 healers as raid damage taken will be less. (not sure if I saw this in your guide)

Thanks. It was updated a day or two ago to reflect this, yes :)