FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sottle

The Rate/Improve my deck thread.

Hi everyone. I just recently made this deck with no real purpose other than for fun and surprisingly, it did really well on the ladder, even against those annoying Zoo Hunters and Handlocks. 4 straight wins; from rank 19 to 17-2 stars. Let me know what you think and if I could make any improvements that would allow this deck to be absolute boss mode. I have all vanilla cards, all BrM and Naxx cards, and most GvG cards. Thanks bunches happy.png

http://imgur.com/qAzt3RG

Okay, first off you have way too many secrets in the deck, Ice Barrier is a horrible card, and is really not worth it apart from in very specific decks that rely on heavily stalling games until they can gather combo pieces. Duplicate is ok in this deck since you have so many high value minions, but you also have a bunch of early game cards that you're going to want to play out, so if you pull a Duplicate off your turn 2 Scientist, you're going to be stuck Duplicating a pretty weak minion.

I would cut the 2 Ice Barrier, and play 2 Mirror Entity, 1 Duplicate. I'd also cut the Flamecannon and add in the 2nd Frostbolt and 2 Fireballs in these spots. I'd also cut the Gazlowe for a 2nd Goblin Blastmage.

Apart from that the deck is pretty solid, it's a neat Mech Mage/Tempo Mage hybrid, and I think overall you'd be better off going for one or the other, but if you're enjoying the deck, those changes might help you out.

Hey guys. Just started playing hearthstone about a month ago. Made it to rank 15 on the ladder for May and looking to hopefully improve that result for June. This is the current deck I am running:

Clockwork Gnome x2

Frostbolt x2

Annoy-o-Tron x2

Mechwarper x2

Snowchugger x2

Harvest Golem x2

Spider Tank x2

Tinkertown Technician x2

Fireball x1

Polymorph x2

Gnomish Inventor x1

Goblin Blastmage x2

Mechanical Yeti x1

Piloted Shredder x1

Azure Drake x1

Piloted Sky Golem x1

Flamestrike x2

Dr Boom x1

Sneed's Old Shredder x1

I haven't got Naxx yet so I don't have Loatheb or any other legendary's that might suit a fast deck. I do have Sylvanas Windrunner though and was running her until I got Sneed. I'm having trouble deciding whether to use Clockwork Gnomes or Cogmasters or one of each. Any and all tips would be appreciated!

Sylvanas is a better choice than Sneeds, Sneeds is pretty slow in a deck like this, 8 Mana for a 5 attack dude is not what you want in this deck.

Cut the Gnomish, the 2 Polymorph and add in a 2nd Fireball and 2 Cogmasters and really focus in on being aggressive.

You also absolutely should not be running Flamestrike in this deck, the goal is to be ahead on the board, not behind. You can keep one in if you like as an insurance policy against Grim Patrons, but 2 is serious overkill. Add in another Shredder/Yeti in their place.

Hi there, would appreciate if anyone could give advise to improve my deck, my deck is base on the rogue basic deck, but i can't climb above rank 19, stuck at rank 19 one star current level 42. My deck as below.

Backstab x 2

Deadly Poison x 2

Sap x 1

Shiv x 2

Acidic Swamp x 2

Faerie Dragon x 2

Kobold Geomancer x  1

Fan of Knives x 2

Headcrack x 1

Shattered Sun Cleric x 1

SI:7 Agent x 2

Chillwind Yeti x1

Gnomish Inventor x 2

Sen'jin Shieldmasta x 2

Assassin's Blade x 2

Assassinate x 2

Boulderfist Ogre x 1

Sprint x 1

I can be reached at [email protected]

Thanks

Headcrack is a horrible card, cut that immediately for just about anything, otherwise it's looking ok.

Hello, I’m a new player to hearthstone. I really need help with my Shaman and my Warlock deck, in particular the warlock. 

-Deck Image, or Decklist for Warlock:

2 corruption

1 power overwhelming

1 soulfire

1 abusive sergeant

1 blood imp

1 flame imp

1 young priestess

1 darkbomb

1 demonfire

1 amani berserker

1 drain life

1 sense demon

2 shadow bolt

1 earthen ring farseer

1 shattered sun cleric

2 hellfire

1 imp-losion

1 shadowflame

1 chillwind yeti

1 summoning portal

1 bane of doom

1 darkscale healer

1 doomguard

1 faceless manipulator

1 siphon soul

1 argent commander

1 sunwalker

Shaman:

2 ancestral healing

2 rockbiter weapon

1 ancestral spirit

1 windfury

1 acidic swamp ooze

1 bloodfen raptor

1 crazed alchemist

2 flametongue totem

1 novice engineer

2 hex

1 earthen ring farseer

1 emperor cobra

1 ironfur grizzly

1 mana tide totem

1 shattered sun cleric

1 gnomish inventor

1 windspeaker

1 doomhammer

1 bloodlust

1 booty bay bodyguard

1 darkscale healer

1 frostwolf warlord

1 stormpike commander

1 agent commander

1 fire elemental

1 sunwalker

-Available Cards (just a general idea is fine, "I have most Rares", "Good Vanilla Set, but few GvG cards" etc.

I have quite a few rares, all vanilla for shaman and very few GvG, if any. I have 1 legendary, but I hate playing him (Baron Geddon). Too much damage for warlock and can't really afford to keep him out for long.

- Do you have Naxxramas? No

- Your current rank on ladder.

My rank is 20. I have been stuck here playing either the warlock or shaman for days now. It seems like I just can’t get it to work. I would gain a star then lose it the next game. Vicious cycle. Please help. My email is [email protected].

Ok, immediate problem that comes up quite a lot, way too many single copies. Building decks like this is a trap that new players fall into often, but it makes your deck incredibly inconsistent. You are never going to have access to a specific card when you need it in this deck because you only play 1 copy of everything. The first thing you need to do is focus in on which cards are performing well for you and make them double copies in the deck in place of some of the other single copies. Once you've done this, you can post your decks again and I can give you more focused advice.

Hola. I just started strategic deck building recently before I just threw together cards I like and hoped for the best. My best deck was a Hunter deck which I was able to use multiple big minima and buffed small minions to overwhelm opponents. I only reached rank 16 at its peak. Im trying to figure what to fix/change about it and was wonder what possible total renovations could be made around the savannah highmanes or gahrzilla.

Here's eye deck:

Explosive trap Ironbeak owl

Scavenging hyena Nerubian egg

Animal companion x2 Ironfur grizzly

Deadly shot Questing adventurer

Kill command x2 Chillwind yeti

Unleash the hounds Defender of argus x2

Houndmaster Lost tallstrider

Tundra rhino Piloted shredder

Savannah highmane x2 Senjin shieldmaster

Gharzilla Antique healbot

Maexxna

Storm wind champion

Sea giant x2

Molten giant

Same as above, way too many single copies to be a consistent deck. And also really difficult to read, work out which cards are performing well, or which cards you find yourself wanting to draw often and make them double copies, then come back and repost the deck, and please format it so it's easier to read, or take a screenshot :)

Hi there, would appreciate if anyone could give advise to improve my deck, my deck is base on the rogue basic deck, but i can't climb above rank 19, stuck at rank 19 one star current level 42. My deck as below.

Backstab x 2

Deadly Poison x 2

Sap x 1

Shiv x 2

Acidic Swamp x 2

Faerie Dragon x 2

Kobold Geomancer x  1

Fan of Knives x 2

Headcrack x 1

Shattered Sun Cleric x 1

SI:7 Agent x 2

Chillwind Yeti x1

Gnomish Inventor x 2

Sen'jin Shieldmasta x 2

Assassin's Blade x 2

Assassinate x 2

Boulderfist Ogre x 1

Sprint x 1

I can be reached at [email protected]

Thanks

This seems like a midrangy minion based deck, thus to make it better i would cut the following cards: Headcrack(very bad value), 2xShiv(For this to be good you would have to run with 2xAzure or a lot of spell power in general), 1xOoze(But if you keep facing weapon classes and do not have Harisson Jones feel free to stick with 2) and i would cut 1 copy of Assasinate and 1 Blade for something like Farseer and Healbot. You may consider adding a copy of Defias Ringleader and 2xEviscerate. I hope that helped.

• Like 1

Sylvanas is a better choice than Sneeds, Sneeds is pretty slow in a deck like this, 8 Mana for a 5 attack dude is not what you want in this deck.

Cut the Gnomish, the 2 Polymorph and add in a 2nd Fireball and 2 Cogmasters and really focus in on being aggressive.

You also absolutely should not be running Flamestrike in this deck, the goal is to be ahead on the board, not behind. You can keep one in if you like as an insurance policy against Grim Patrons, but 2 is serious overkill. Add in another Shredder/Yeti in their place.

Thanks Sottle.

I've made some changes since I posted here:

Cogmaster x2

Clockwork Gnome x2

Frostbolt x2

Annoy-o-Tron x2

Mechwarper x2

Snowchugger x2

Harvest Golem x2

Spider Tank x2

Tinkertown Technician x2

Fireball x2

Goblin Blastmage x2

Mechanical Yeti x1

Piloted Shredder x2

Loatheb x1

Azure Drake x1

Piloted Sky Golem x1

Dr Boom x1

1x Pyroblast

Edit: 

I forgot I changed the flamestrike for a pyroblast. 

Basically just smashing them down to 15 or so health and then using Fireball/Pyro to finish. This got me down to rank 10 this season. Would I be better getting rid of Pyro and bringing in another Yeti?

Edited by Nicko

Thanks Sottle.

I've made some changes since I posted here:

Cogmaster x2

Clockwork Gnome x2

Frostbolt x2

Annoy-o-Tron x2

Mechwarper x2

Snowchugger x2

Harvest Golem x2

Spider Tank x2

Tinkertown Technician x2

Fireball x2

Goblin Blastmage x2

Mechanical Yeti x1

Piloted Shredder x2

Loatheb x1

Azure Drake x1

Piloted Sky Golem x1

Dr Boom x1

1x Pyroblast

Edit: 

I forgot I changed the flamestrike for a pyroblast. 

Basically just smashing them down to 15 or so health and then using Fireball/Pyro to finish. This got me down to rank 10 this season. Would I be better getting rid of Pyro and bringing in another Yeti?

Considering that you are playing with Clockwork Gnomes, Technicians and a Mech Yeti.  My suggestion would be to swap Pyro to Antonidas, if you have him. He is cheaper than Pyro, applies threat to the enemy, so he buys time for yourself, plus he would synergize very well with all those spare parts! smile.png    When it comes to adding another yeti... i feel like running 2xShredder, because of the fact that they are sticky and this list is lacking card draw, might be better than another Spare Part source.

Edited by Ottigan

Considering that you are playing with Clockwork Gnomes, Technicians and a Mech Yeti.  My suggestion would be to swap Pyro to Antonidas, if you have him. He is cheaper than Pyro, applies threat to the enemy, so he buys time for yourself, plus he would synergize very well with all those spare parts! smile.png    When it comes to adding another yeti... i feel like running 2xShredder, because of the fact that they are sticky and this list is lacking card draw, might be better than another Spare Part source.

Thanks Ottigan. 

I don't have Antonidas yet otherwise I probably would have done exactly what you've suggested! :p

The idea (as I'm sure you know) is to knock 'em out before card draw becomes a problem. It works, but can definitely fizzle if the right cards aren't drawn on the mulligan or if I accidentally play something in the wrong order.

He's already running double Shredder :P

Playing Pyro is fine as a budget alternative finisher, the deck is looking a lot better now.

He's already running double Shredder tongue.png

Playing Pyro is fine as a budget alternative finisher, the deck is looking a lot better now.

Ur right, mistakes were made! :D

Headcrack is a horrible card, cut that immediately for just about anything, otherwise it's looking ok.

Thanks, i am now trying to learn the cheap rogue deck.

Hi smile.png

I'm considering maining with Mage, since as a new player I do not have that many cards, and the direction of the card packs I've opened from Arena seem to push me in that direction.

Currently rank 19, using a cheap mech mage deck.

2x Frostbite

1x Acidic Swamp Ooze

1x Amani Berserker

1x Explosive Sheep

1x Knife Juggler

2x Mechwarper

2x Arcane Intellect

1x Harvest Golem

1x Razorfen Hunter

1x Scarlet Crusader

2x Shattered Sun Cleric

2x Fireball

2x Polymorph

1x Goblin Blastmage

1x Mechanical Yeti

2x Piloted Shredder

2x Water Elemental

1x Gurubashi Berserker

1x Boulderfist Ogre

1x Flamestrike

1x Stormwind Champion

No expansions unlocked.

While I am completely lacking in other cards, especially mechs, I am not averse to dust-ing some of my cards from other classes in order to build cards that I need, or grinding my way to expansions.

Edited by Chikorita

Hi smile.png

I'm considering maining with Mage, since as a new player I do not have that many cards, and the direction of the card packs I've opened from Arena seem to push me in that direction.

Currently rank 19, using a cheap mech mage deck.

2x Frostbite

1x Acidic Swamp Ooze

1x Amani Berserker

1x Explosive Sheep

1x Knife Juggler

2x Mechwarper

2x Arcane Intellect

1x Harvest Golem

1x Razorfen Hunter

1x Scarlet Crusader

2x Shattered Sun Cleric

2x Fireball

2x Polymorph

1x Goblin Blastmage

1x Mechanical Yeti

2x Piloted Shredder

2x Water Elemental

1x Gurubashi Berserker

1x Boulderfist Ogre

1x Flamestrike

1x Stormwind Champion

No expansions unlocked.

While I am completely lacking in other cards, especially mechs, I am not averse to dust-ing some of my cards from other classes in order to build cards that I need, or grinding my way to expansions.

The thing about Mech mage is that it`s essentially a Zoo archetype so it focuses on constant flow of minions to overwhelm the opponent and may opt for some burn(damaging spells) to close out the games even faster. And coming from what i just said certain cards in your list don`t make sense i.e.

Explosive Sheep is meant to stall by resetting the board state, but this archetype normally loses the second it has lost the board control.... so it`s like using a plaster on a gunshot wound. biggrin.png

Arcane Intellect a very nice card draw engine for slower decks, but in our case it doesn`t develop the board at all and that`s bad. But maybe 1 copy of it might stay.

Polymorph the same idea applies as it did with Explosive sheep, this deck archetype doesn`t try to deal with enemy threats, but bypass them and close out the game as fast as possible. Plus this removal card is quite expensive so that is a massive drawback.

Gurubashi, Boulderfist Ogre, Stormwind Champion, Flamestrike and probably 1 Water Elemental not that these cards are bad, but they are too expensive/slow.

Razorfen Hunter, Scarlet Crusader, Shattered Sun Cleric these cards are pretty good for a budget version, but as you get more cards you should try to replace these. Main reason being is lack of synergy with the deck.

You should certainly try to cut down on the cards i mentioned. Try to save up or add more 2 mana drops, 3 mana drops like - Annoy-o-tron, Cogmaster, Snowchugger, Spider Tank, Tinkertown Technician and try to save up for 2nd Goblin Blastmage because the value of that card is CRAZYYYYY good! smile.png

When it comes to adventures i would advise pushing for Naxxramas to get access to Mad Scientists(4th Wing). Naxxramas has higher quality of cards on average, especially for a new player.

Edited by Ottigan

Thanks for the advice!

I've modified my deck to become a low cost mage control mech deck with midgame facerush to finish the game off. So far it's doing fine, although I'm uncomfortable with my strategy being essentially to mulligan Mechwarper every start. Hopefully this deck makes more sense!

1x Arcane Missiles

2x Clockwork Gnome

2x Cogmaster

2x Frostbolt

1x Acidic Swamp Ooze

2x Annoy-o-tron

1x Knife Juggler

2x Mechwarper

1x Micro Machine

2x Snowchugger

1x Arcane Intellect

2x Spider Tank

2x Tinkertown Technician

2x Fireball

2x Goblin Blastmage

2x Mechanical Yeti

2x Piloted Shredder

1x Water Elemental

While it's been showing some pretty decent results on Ranked in the first few trial games I've went about with it, I feel like I'm particularly vulnerable to any reasonable board control with this deck: Mage seems to be able to hold off the worst of my pushes and after awhile it comes down to my topdeck luck, and more than once Consecration has pretty much blown my line up, especially after my higher hp minions have been trying to do favourable trades.

Also, would it be worthwhile to trade my 1x Water Elemental for 1x more Arcane Intellect? It feels like my drawing power is relatively weak and I'm forced to topdeck really early, especially after I successfully mulligan a Cogmaster.

If you are playing aggressively, arcane intellect might slow you down, since it doesnt put any pressure on your opponent. I found jeeves useful, if you often run out of cards. Acolyte of pain can also draw cards, but he is too slow. Your deck doesnt have many reactive cards so Jeeves is in my opinion the best card draw mechanic and he is also a mech.

You could add nerubian egg or a sky golem to counter board clears.

Edited by positiv2

Hey, thanks for the help! This thread is awesome. I have built all of my decks so far in my 3 month time playing HS so far around decks you have made, so having your direct help is awesome!

I have Naxx and BRM, have mostly been opening Classic packs. Have somewhere between 400-1000 dust I could probably get by disenchanting classes I have no intention on playing anytime soon. Only rank 17 right now, but I only started ranked games yesterday. Had been playing only casual up to this point, at a 70% ish win rate.

I find a lot of people become impatient with me playing this deck. But against some classes, especially druid and lock, they can get me to fati

Warrior (Controlish I guess?)

Execute x2

Elven Archer

Fiery War Axe x2

Cleave

Acidic Swamp Ooze x2

Haunted Creeper x2

River Croc x2

Razorfen Hunter

Shattered Sun Cleric x2

Deaths Bite x2

Chillwind Yeti x2

Gnomish Inventor x2

Kor'kron Elite

Sen'jin Shieldmasta

Arcanite Reaper x2

Boulderfist Ogre

Stormwind Champ

Alexstraza

Thanks for the input!

hey, I'm trying my best to make control rogue work, any suggestions? it has like a 30% winrate on ladder

I have hit legend with my control warrior, have my golden warrior portrait and 30 gold cards for my control warrior deck tongue.png i have access to every card

http://www.hearthhead.com/deck=118299/control-rogue

gang up is in there pretty much just for healbot vs face hunter and bgh vs handlock

Edited by nygax

So this is my Control/Combo Paladin deck I'm working on I am currently, I'm at rank 12 at the moment. I have Naxx, Blackrock, most rares and some other legendarys such as Sylvanas and Leeroy. I think the deck is solid but I would like a new set of eyes on it.

1 Humility

2 Equality

2 Knife Juggler

2 Shielded Minibot

2 Muster for Battle

2 Acolyte of Pain

2 Aldor Peacekeeper

2 Truesilver Champion

2 Consecration

1 Spell Breaker

1 Solemn Vigil

1 Harrison Jones

1 Quartermaster

1 Sludge Belcher

2 Stampeding Kodo

1 Emperor Thaurissan

1 Dr. Boom

1 Guardian of Kings

1 Lay of Hands

1 Kel'Thuzard

1 Tirion Fodring

So to Start off I call this deck a combo deck becuase of:

Humility/ Aldor Peacekeeper + Acolyte of Pain or Stampeding Kodo

Equality + Consercration or Knife Juggler and Hero Power

Knife Juggler + Muster for Battle or Dr. Boom

Muster for Battle + Quartermaster

Equality then trade off all minions then play Kel'Thuzard

Solemn Vigil combos with basically everthing

So when playing the deck I start off aggro (unless vsing an obvious face deck) since most of my early game plays are in the more aggressive Paladin decks, I try to make the opponent think i'm a aggro deck so they make the bad trades, then just win the long game.

I go fine vs most decks but I have had a lot of problems vs grim warrior decks, I bought a Harrison Jones and swapped it with a second Solemn Vigil but have not vsed many wars yet to tell if it is enough. I have tried many different combinations of healing cards and have come to this combination but am open to suggestions since I'm not happy with it.

Thanks for any help/suggestions you can give me and hope you try the deck out since it is a very fun but also a complicated deck which I find are the best.

,Nonpotble

So this is my Control/Combo Paladin deck I'm working on I am currently, I'm at rank 12 at the moment. I have Naxx, Blackrock, most rares and some other legendarys such as Sylvanas and Leeroy. I think the deck is solid but I would like a new set of eyes on it.

1 Humility

2 Equality

2 Knife Juggler

2 Shielded Minibot

2 Muster for Battle

2 Acolyte of Pain

2 Aldor Peacekeeper

2 Truesilver Champion

2 Consecration

1 Spell Breaker

1 Solemn Vigil

1 Harrison Jones

1 Quartermaster

1 Sludge Belcher

2 Stampeding Kodo

1 Emperor Thaurissan

1 Dr. Boom

1 Guardian of Kings

1 Lay of Hands

1 Kel'Thuzard

1 Tirion Fodring

So to Start off I call this deck a combo deck becuase of:

Humility/ Aldor Peacekeeper + Acolyte of Pain or Stampeding Kodo

Equality + Consercration or Knife Juggler and Hero Power

Knife Juggler + Muster for Battle or Dr. Boom

Muster for Battle + Quartermaster

Equality then trade off all minions then play Kel'Thuzard

Solemn Vigil combos with basically everthing

So when playing the deck I start off aggro (unless vsing an obvious face deck) since most of my early game plays are in the more aggressive Paladin decks, I try to make the opponent think i'm a aggro deck so they make the bad trades, then just win the long game.

I go fine vs most decks but I have had a lot of problems vs grim warrior decks, I bought a Harrison Jones and swapped it with a second Solemn Vigil but have not vsed many wars yet to tell if it is enough. I have tried many different combinations of healing cards and have come to this combination but am open to suggestions since I'm not happy with it.

Thanks for any help/suggestions you can give me and hope you try the deck out since it is a very fun but also a complicated deck which I find are the best.

,Nonpotble

After checking out the list it`s not bad, but it seems a bit off. Even tough you call this a Combo deck and given your examples you`re not wrong, personally, when it comes to Paladin i prefer breaking it down as Aggro/Midrange/Control.

And to be honest because of running 2xEQ, 2xAcolyte, 2xKodo, KT and Vigil it seems like you try to really dig for things and deal with enemy threats as your game plan. But at the same time your endgame isn`t that great - Boom is nice kinda staple so is Tirion, but your deck lacks silence targets.... there is only 1 Belcher no Shredders and no Sylvanas. Honestly the only real silence targets in this deck are Tirion and KT, to some extent, so it means that very rarely you`ll get the Tirion value.

Anyway the bottom line in my eyes is that your deck has too much draw and not enough actual threats for a Midrange deck while not enough endgame threats for a Control deck. You are having a hybrid of sorts.... 

So if we are trying to improve the list we have to make the choice  Midrange vs Control personally atleast atm i`d say that Midrange is better, but it could change with the next Blizzard announcement.

So the changes needed in my mind:

Midrange:

-2 Acolytes, +2 Shredders

-1 Spell Breaker, +1 Owl(cheaper-more flexible)

-1 Humility(value of this card by itself is bad) and atleast -1 Stampeding Kodo, because even though you can remove a threat the kodo in itself is kinda weak and this list has tooooo many removals, +2nd Belcher vs aggro OR +2nd Quartermaster vs Control and i would definitely add atleast +1 Zombie Chow, because it does wonders vs aggro

-1 Kel'Thuzard considering it`s way too slow for midrange and add something like Sylvanas which is superb vs Control, but if you are facing alot of aggro get that 2nd Belcher or maybe even 2nd Zombie Chow

-1 Guardian of Kings is not a bad card, but when it comes to a heal it is WAY too expensive for aggro matchups, personally i prefer +1 Healbot(minion body is not the best, but you are using it for the HEAL and for that it`s great)

-1 Equality if you are facing many Aggro decks running 2x is pure overkill unless you are facing Handlocks, Druids and Warriors all day.....

-1 Solemn Vigil for the same reason as Equality and if that`s the case you can add +1 Acolyte back.

+1 Big Game Hunter is a really nice Tech card that practically always gets value simply because how popular is Dr. Boom as an example.

+1 Blessing of Kings can be super nice if you can land it on something like minibot.

Control:

+ Sylvanas 100%

-1 Humility(value of this card by itself is bad) and atleast -1 Stampeding Kodo, because even though you can remove a threat the kodo in itself is kinda weak and this list has tooooo many removals, +1 Piloted Sky Golem a nasty annoying threat that most of the time requires a SILENCE!

-1 Guardian of Kings is not a bad card, but when it comes to a heal it is WAY too expensive for aggro matchups, personally i prefer +1 Healbot(minion body is not the best, but you are using it for the HEAL and for that it`s great)

-1 Acolyte for something like a single copy of Pyromancer for extra way to utilize Equalities or Senjin Shieldmaster or 2nd Belcher or 2nd Quartermaster

-1 Emperor even though there are combos in the deck it doesn`t seem worthwhile making them cheeper.....  +1 Sneeds`ol Shredder or 2nd Belcher or Quartermaster

+1 Big Game Hunter is a really nice Tech card that practically always gets value simply because how popular is Dr. Boom as an example.

Solemn Vigil can stay in the Control list simply because of having 2x Equality for a nice 0 mana cost draw combo smile.png

You might consider adding 1 copy of Mindcontrol Tech, a really nice 3 mana  card that has a pretty high potential value smile.png

The more i`m thinking the more complicated it becomes..... so in case you have any more questions feel free to PM me or just drop a response in this thread. And remember, the list you choose and the cards you pick it ALL comes down to your most frequent matchups! And when it comes to matchups and Patron Warrior specifically Paladin as a Class isn`t favored vs that deck in any way. Simply because of paladin aoe removal where they require 2 card combo to deal with the Patron wave and not something like Hellfire, Lightbomb, Flamestrike plus Paladin hero power is probably the worst vs Grim Patron.

Edited by Ottigan

Hearthstone%20Screenshot%2007-25-15%2022 I've been fiddling around with a deck focused around berserk creatures and minions that have +Spell Damage,with a few higher end minions if I need them. It seems to work reasonably well,but it could really use some improvement. My options are limited as I don't have many Legendary cards yet,or many GVG cards. I have a decent set of vanilla cards,as I see it,but even there I'm limited somewhat in my card choice.

Hi!

I've been playing Hearthstone for 4 months now and finally got a legendary (Archmage Antonidas). I've created the following mech deck with Antonidas as a finisher, but I am still stuck around Rank 18. Would like some help!

I don't have Naxx or BRM cards, have a lot of GvG. Antonidas is my only legendary. Epics are Enhanco, Faceless

2 Clockwork Gnome

2 Mana Wyrm

2 Frostbolt

1 Annoy-A-Tron

1 Ironbeak Ownl

2 Mechwarper

2 Snowchugger

2 Arcane Intellect

1 Ice Block

2 Harvest Golem

2 Tinkertown Techs

2 Fireballs

1 Polymorph

1 Arcane Nullifier

1 Goblin Blastmage

1 Mechanical Yeti

1 Azure Drake

1 Piloted Skygolem

1 Flamestrike

1 Archmage Antonidas

1 Pyroblast

Hi!

I've been playing Hearthstone for 4 months now and finally got a legendary (Archmage Antonidas). I've created the following mech deck with Antonidas as a finisher, but I am still stuck around Rank 18. Would like some help!

I don't have Naxx or BRM cards, have a lot of GvG. Antonidas is my only legendary. Epics are Enhanco, Faceless

2 Clockwork Gnome

2 Mana Wyrm

2 Frostbolt

1 Annoy-A-Tron

1 Ironbeak Ownl

2 Mechwarper

2 Snowchugger

2 Arcane Intellect

1 Ice Block

2 Harvest Golem

2 Tinkertown Techs

2 Fireballs

1 Polymorph

1 Arcane Nullifier

1 Goblin Blastmage

1 Mechanical Yeti

1 Azure Drake

1 Piloted Skygolem

1 Flamestrike

1 Archmage Antonidas

1 Pyroblast

To me this deck seems quite solid. I would cut the ice block, in your rather aggressive deck this will be useless quite often. I would add another mech yeti or blastmage, if you have them. Also, I would add some more useful cheap spells, like arcane missiles to make better use of Antonidas. Good luck

• Like 1

Last night I started toying around with a deck I named SD Mage. It's pretty much just a bunch of minions with spell damage.

To my surprise I went 10-2 with it so I think I'll keep it around. 

I'm pretty much just wondering what you guys think I should add/remove.

2x Arcane Missiles

2x Mirror Image

2x Arcane Explosion

2x Frostbolt

1x Unstable Portal

1x Bloodmage Thalnos

2x Kobold Geomancer

1x Arcane Intellect 

1x Acolyte of Pain

2x Soot Spewer 

2x Fireball

2x Polymorph

2x Mini Mage

2x Ogre Mage

1x Azure Drake

1x Archmage

1x Flamestrike

1x Dr. Boom

1x Pyroblast

Hi!

2 Clockwork Gnome

2 Mana Wyrm

2 Frostbolt

1 Annoy-A-Tron

1 Ironbeak Ownl

2 Mechwarper

2 Snowchugger

2 Arcane Intellect

1 Ice Block

2 Harvest Golem

2 Tinkertown Techs

2 Fireballs

1 Polymorph

1 Arcane Nullifier

1 Goblin Blastmage

1 Mechanical Yeti

1 Azure Drake

1 Piloted Skygolem

1 Flamestrike

1 Archmage Antonidas

1 Pyroblast

Hey man, lets begin! Mech Mage in itself is a very aggressive deck that tries to curve out in the early game by droppng minions that pose threat to the other player, because of their extra effects. E.G. Cogmaster, Mechwarper, Snowchugger. Forcing enemy to answer to those threats immediately or suffer the consequences, thus making them to do subpar plays at times. And finish the game with burn spells before the enemy has stabilized.

Based on what i just wrote certain cards don`t make any sense when it comes to your list: Ironbeak Owl, Arcane Intellect, Ice Block, Polymorph, Nullifier, Piloted Sky Golem, Flamestrike, Pyroblast.  I am keeping in mind that your only legendary atm is Antonidas so that means that your deck can`t go lategame and you can`t try go for some control tactics where you slow down to draw cards, clear with Flamestrike, wait for a target you want to Polymorph while losing a ton of tempo even though Polymorph, Flamestrike, Intellect, Pyro, Ice Block are good cards.... they are too SLOW, if your decks late game consists of 1 legendary card. When it comes to Owl it`s not the worst, but when i think about it, i hate all the scenarios when you don`t have a good silence target and you are stuck with it in your hand maybe even forced to play it as a tempo drop.

Before i give any suggestions on what to add to make the deck better, please try to unlock the first 4 wings of Naxxramas! There are many great cards in there and one of them is Mad Scientist - this card is AMAZING for the deck you are trying to play and any secret based decks!

Suggestions:

+2 Cogmaster - best 1drop for a mech based deck.

+1 Annoy-o-Tron - having this guy early game to protect your cogmasters or mechwarpers or snowchuggers is awesome!

-2 Harvest Golems, +2 Spider Tank - reason being is that even though Golems are sticky... they DON`t trade well while Tanks have nice 3 dmg and a body of 4 that avoids most single target removal like Quickshot, Dark Bomb, Frostbolt

+1 Goblin Blastmage - this is the craziest value card when it comes to Mech decks and one of the reasons Mage has the best Mech synergy!

+1 Azure Drake - having some cycle in your deck is always nice and compared to Arcane Intellect it doesn`t lose you tempo.... drakes body is not the best for a 5drop, but the extra spell power synergy is worth it.

-2 Mana Wyrm - Mech Mages don`t run that many spells thus it`s hard to buff them and if you are not buffing them they are really weak. Plus you want to save Spare Parts for Antonidas.

+2 Leper Gnomes - not an ideal card, but because we are lacking expensive end game or Mad Scientists for the Mirror Entity tempo plays they are OK.

-1 Mechanical Yeti - this card is really good because of the spare part synergy with Antonidas, but we can`t have too many expensive cards so he should be cut.

+2 Piloted Shredder - even though it`s another 4drop, but compared to Yeti this is way stickier with great stats thus poses a great threat for the enemy.

+2 Micro Machine - another subpar inclusion, but it`s not bad and having nice early curve is the MOST IMPORTANT thing for a mech mage.

+1 Acidic Swamp Ooze - a very useful minion vs all the weapon classes and even if you are not facing one it`s a good 3/2 body for 2 mana.

Here is a picture of the idea. And i hope that it is was helpful! smile.png

6wf2Lvv.png

Edited by Ottigan
  • Like 1