FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sottle

The Rate/Improve my deck thread.

Hello I would like some advice on this deck.. 

ZrUy46K.jpg

I would like to have blade fury for this, but being a ~month old FTP player (no clue I could unlock adventure with ingame gold until last week - I only just unlocked Naxx 1st wing, should get BRM 1st wing too sometime this week), my collection are pretty small. and my luck a opening deck is worse, so lots of useless common card.

Basic idea of the deck is simply treating the minions as nuke that leave out a tiny body on the board. Just go for face unless theres really a priority target like knife juggler. sap and owl are mostly for taunts. 

I am pretty new to hearthstone, but I'll give my 2 cents.  Rogues play much better as a tempo class than as a face class.  Their hero power and spells favor tempo highly.  Good face classes tend to be hunters and paladins, although I have seen some warrior face decks that work but just not as consistently as the other two.  My suggestion is look at some of sottle's guides on here and work towards one of those decks.  If you want to stick with rogue, oil is probably your best bet, if you want to stick with an aggro theme, you probably want to switch to hunter.  The only other piece of advice I have is that rogues tend to have a pretty steep learning curve, at least that's what I have found, they are a fairly unforgiving to play, one mistake and you end up behind, and that has a good chance of costing you the game unless you can capitalize on an opponents mistake.  That being said, I don't have much experience with other classes, but other similar decks, like tempo mage and mid range druid, seem much more forgiving, and also seem to have stronger more consistent ways of closing out the game from behind, like antonidas or savage roar + force of nature.

Edited by VaraTreledees

Here's my patron deck

I'm missing 2 slam and a frothing berserker and armorsmith.

2x Inner rage

2x Execte

2x Whirlwind

1x Fiery war axe

2x Battle rage

1x Bolster

2x cleave

1x armorsmith

1x cruel taskmaster

2x unstable ghoul

2x shield block

2x acolyte of pain

1x frothing berserker

2x warsong commander

2x death's bite

2x gnomish inventer

2x grim patron

1x emperor thaurissan

I'm mostly running a f2p account (with exceptions of adventure pack),and that I started 1~2 weeks ago. Therefore I do not have a lot of dust. Are there any ways to improve this deck? I'm having about 40~60% win rate with this deck

Here's my patron deck

I'm missing 2 slam and a frothing berserker and armorsmith.

2x Inner rage

2x Execte

2x Whirlwind

1x Fiery war axe

2x Battle rage

1x Bolster

2x cleave

1x armorsmith

1x cruel taskmaster

2x unstable ghoul

2x shield block

2x acolyte of pain

1x frothing berserker

2x warsong commander

2x death's bite

2x gnomish inventer

2x grim patron

1x emperor thaurissan

I'm mostly running a f2p account (with exceptions of adventure pack),and that I started 1~2 weeks ago. Therefore I do not have a lot of dust. Are there any ways to improve this deck? I'm having about 40~60% win rate with this deck

Remove that Bolster ASAP. Bolster is incredibly bad in patron, even when you have a taunt on the board. To make it worth it, you would have to have two Ghouls on the board and let's be honest, that is really improbable. 

Cleaves are very situational and only work against aggro. If you face 70%+ aggro, keep it. Otherwise remove. 

You miss 180 dust. I am pretty sure if you disenchant cards you don't need, you will have it immediately. 

Temporarily use: Bashes in place of Slams and a Dread Corsair in place of Frothing. While Bashes do one more damage and cost one more mana, they don't draw you a card. You really need to dig for your combo as fast as possible. Slams are crafting priority #2. Dread Corsair is sometimes used Patron (rarely, but still). You will need some proactive plays as you don't have the combo and need to deal damage by repetitive attack of minions. Frothing Berserker is Crafting Priority #1.

Without 2 Frothing Berserkers, this deck just won't work. Patron is a combo deck and when you don't have that combo, don't bother building it. 

Edited by positiv2

I've been climbing to rank 5-8 the last few seasons with this secret tempo deck I threw together making minor tweaks along the run... but just can't quite hit legendary. any suggestions to adjust to current meta for those lower ranks?  i'm seeing a lot of secret paladin and patron warrior which i have to race constantly.  Sometimes I feel like adding an extra mass burn to compete against these decks, but then sometimes it seems like too much.  I have all expansions/adventures unlocked, tons of rares/epics from all card sets(including TGT) and many of the neutral legendary creatures that you see in these type of mage decks.  Any feedback/suggestions would be much appreciated!

1x Mirror Image

2x Clockwork Gnome

1x Flame Cannon

2x Frostbolt

2x Unstable Portal

2x Mad Scientist

1x Sorcerer's Apprentice

1x Counterspell

1x Effigy

1x Ice Block

2x Mirror Entity

2x Flamewaker

1x Echo of Medivh

2x Fireball

1x Polymorph

1x Antique Healbot

1x Azure Drake

1x Emperor Thaurissan

1x Flamestrike

1x Archmage Antonidas

1x Rhonin

1x Alexstrasza

1x Pyroblast

glitchmob#1438

Edited by glitchm0b

Hi, so I'm mostly a Druid main and have been considering this deck for a while and been tweaking it every now and then and now im on the look for tips on what could make it better.

Basicly it's a Druid aggro/rush  deck and has got me to rank 14 and my friend to rank 10.

I currently have access to the first 2 wings of naxx, and brm as well as a significant amount of TgT and GvG

innervate x2

living roots x2

leper Gnome x2

power of the wild x1

wrath x2

darnassus aspirant x2

Druid of the saber x2

Savage roar x2

druid of the flame x2

Swipe x2

Keeper of the grove x2

piloted shredder x2

Savage Combatant x2

druid of the claw x2

force of nature x2

Dr. boom x1

The deck so far aims to get living roots in mulligan and normally use it to create 2 saplings followed on turn 2 by a druid of the saber or darnassus aspirant. This gets you a few minions on the board and also allows for a buff from power of the wild early on to create some more solid minions and increase your damage output. 

For card swaps I have considered swapping druid of the flame for shade of naxxramas, as this allows you to maintain board presence and if played early on can become a fairly large minion by the time your opponent starts to play their later game cards.

Hi, so I'm mostly a Druid main and have been considering this deck for a while and been tweaking it every now and then and now im on the look for tips on what could make it better.

Basicly it's a Druid aggro/rush  deck and has got me to rank 14 and my friend to rank 10.

I currently have access to the first 2 wings of naxx, and brm as well as a significant amount of TgT and GvG

innervate x2

living roots x2

leper Gnome x2

power of the wild x1

wrath x2

darnassus aspirant x2

Druid of the saber x2

Savage roar x2

druid of the flame x2

Swipe x2

Keeper of the grove x2

piloted shredder x2

Savage Combatant x2

druid of the claw x2

force of nature x2

Dr. boom x1

The deck so far aims to get living roots in mulligan and normally use it to create 2 saplings followed on turn 2 by a druid of the saber or darnassus aspirant. This gets you a few minions on the board and also allows for a buff from power of the wild early on to create some more solid minions and increase your damage output. 

For card swaps I have considered swapping druid of the flame for shade of naxxramas, as this allows you to maintain board presence and if played early on can become a fairly large minion by the time your opponent starts to play their later game cards.

You are basically couple of Fel Reavers away from the new aggro Druid deck posted on the site. 

So as you will probably be able to tell after viewing my deck, I have not made it past Rank 19. Please help!

Gadgetetzan Jouster

Frostbolt

2x Unstable Portal

Fallen Hero

Garrison Commander

Mad Scientist

Sorcerers Apprentice

Arcane Intellect

Duplicate

Ice Barrier

Mirror entity

Acolyte of Pain

Fencing Coach

Tauren Warrior

Fireball

Polymorph

Antique Healbot

Azure Drake

Mucklas Champion

Nexus-champion Saraad

Emperor Thaurissan

Justicar Trueheart

Kodorider

Master Jouster

Piloted Sky Golem

2x Flamestrike

Kel'thuzad

Rhonin

I also use my hero power liberally. Thanks for all the help!

So as you will probably be able to tell after viewing my deck, I have not made it past Rank 19. Please help!

Gadgetetzan Jouster

Frostbolt

2x Unstable Portal

Fallen Hero

Garrison Commander

Mad Scientist

Sorcerers Apprentice

Arcane Intellect

Duplicate

Ice Barrier

Mirror entity

Acolyte of Pain

Fencing Coach

Tauren Warrior

Fireball

Polymorph

Antique Healbot

Azure Drake

Mucklas Champion

Nexus-champion Saraad

Emperor Thaurissan

Justicar Trueheart

Kodorider

Master Jouster

Piloted Sky Golem

2x Flamestrike

Kel'thuzad

Rhonin

I also use my hero power liberally. Thanks for all the help!

You should definitely unify this deck. It looks like a deck made out of random cards that seem good. Sadly, they are mostly not. You should aim to make a specific deck. Tempo mage could be a good choice. There are definitely many ways to improve this deck, eg freeze mage as you have some of the needed cards, there, too.

Throw away Jouster. Even handlock or ramp druid win 60-70% of jousts and that is not enough. Add a Mana Wyrm as it is one of the best Tempo cards. One spell is enough to make it trade into a 2-drop. 

Remove fallen hero. You don't want to use hero power on turn 3. A second Mana Wyrm is a strong addition.

Remove Garrison Commander for the same reason. Add a second Sorcerer's Apprentice. It is great for Flamewaker/Mana Wyrm synergy and deserves to be included twice.

Arcane Intellect isn't used as there are better 3-drops wih the release of TGT, specifically Spellslinger.

Duplicate is a slow secret, you should use a faster secret such as Mirror Entity.

Ice Barrier doesn't do anything, it only delays your death. It is used in Freeze mage because you need to stall, but if you need to stall in Tempo mage, you can concede as well. Use an Effigy. Effigy is a great Tempo secret and fits the deck. 

Acolyte of Pain is too slow to be used a draw mechanic. Azure Drake is a draw mechanic that can be used instead of an Acolyte.

Fencing Coach has awful stats. Paying 3 mana for 2/2 is simply unacceptable. Add a second Scientist.

Tauren Warrior is a bad card. It gets destroyed by most of 2-drops and even if you activate it by your hero power, it still gets killed by a two-drop. Use Flamewaker, it is a core card of any Tempo mage. 

Polymorph is good, but Fireball is better. Polymorph can't be used as a finisher and is somewhat bad against aggro. 

Healbot gets removed for the same reason as Ice barrier. Use a second Flamewaker.

Mukla's champion has too bad stats to be included. Use Antonidas in its place. Antonidas serves as a great finisher. 

Saraad isn't that good. I expected it be a good card, but getting a random spell is often bad. You can often get weapon boost spell or completely useless spells that do nothing. Chance of getting a good spell is low. Include the famous Dr. Balanced.

Kodorider is too slow. 8 mana for 6/10 is acceptable, but simply not good enough. Loatheb is an all-round card that can be used in almost any deck. 

Master Jouster gets removed for the same reason as Gadgetzan Jouster. Piloted Shredder is basically a 6/5 for 4 mana and should be included.

Sky Golem is good, but I prefer Shredder in its place. Your choice.

1 Flamestrike should be enough and even 0 is an option, too. If the meta is really aggressive, use one. Patron will get "removed", making Flamestrike a meta addition.

Kel'Thuzad is my favourite legendary, but it doesn't fit the deck that much. It can be swapped for a Spellslinger.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/348296-unkillable-pressure

Please give me some feedback on my deck. Been developing my own decks since beta and feel like this one has actually some potential and uniqueness to it.
Maybe it doesn't appear so, but i've pulled off some amazing games with this deck. Its main strength is the constant health flotation, allied to it's "free draw" mechanic, effectively giving you free cards without fatigue. When well played it can win versus any control matchup. At the same time, the present Overhealing mechanic allows him to excel versus charge decks like Face Hunter or Secret Pala.

Improve my list:

Shaman

2 Lightning Bolt

2 Rockbiter Weapon

2 Acidic Swamp Ooze

2 Flametongue Totem

2 Haunted Creeper

2 Hex

2 Harvest Golem

2 Razorfen Hunter

2 Shattered Sun Cleric

2 Gnomish Inventor

1 Piloted Shredder

1 Senjin Shieldmasta

2 Bloodlust

2 Sludge Belcher

2 Fire Elemental

2 Stormwind Champion

My games with this list either start slow and end really strong, with a Bloodlust burst kill, or I just run out of card draw and slowly peter out.

Improve my list:

Shaman

2 Lightning Bolt

2 Rockbiter Weapon

2 Acidic Swamp Ooze

2 Flametongue Totem

2 Haunted Creeper

2 Hex

2 Harvest Golem

2 Razorfen Hunter

2 Shattered Sun Cleric

2 Gnomish Inventor

1 Piloted Shredder

1 Senjin Shieldmasta

2 Bloodlust

2 Sludge Belcher

2 Fire Elemental

2 Stormwind Champion

My games with this list either start slow and end really strong, with a Bloodlust burst kill, or I just run out of card draw and slowly peter out.

This decks seems pretty solid. I do not know your budget so I am going to assume you have all the needed cards to make a full budget deck.

Crackles are slightly better than Lightning Bolts. Although they cost one mana more, you get the same average of damage per mana with the advantage of trying your luck and Crackling a big target. 

Oozes are good if you face many weapon classes but with Patron warrior nerfed, it won't really be a problem any more (unless the meta is full of hunters). If you don't face hunter or Patron that often, definitely include Feral Spirits.

Harvest Golem is good, but I prefer Nerubian eggs in their place as you have enough activators already. Both Harvest golem and Nerubian are 4/4 (sort of) but you only have to play 2 mana for Nerubian.

Razorfen is a pretty bad card. It gets killed by a 2 drop and so does the Boar (but their 2-drop survives). If you didn't include Feral Spirits in place of Oozes, do so now. If you did, Storms should be included. Storms are generally a must-have for Shaman. You can also choose to run only one Storm if the meta is full of control. In that case 1 Storm and a second Shredder.

Shattered Sun Clerics are too slow and don't give you enough value. Defender of Argus odes basically the same but also gives you taunts.

Gnomish Inventors are good for a budget deck but you want to be using Azure Drakes. The extra 2 attack really make difference. 

Senjin is good in other classes is good, but you already run Defender of Argus and your hero power gives you taunt (sometimes). No need for extra taunt (unless you face huge amount of aggro). Fireguard Destroyers are a strong inclusion in almost any Shaman decks and deserve a spot, too. 

One Bloodlust could be enough because you should have enough proactive plays to win anyway. But of course, it is up to you. 

Sludge Belcher isn't really going to be vital in this deck because of the same reason as Senjin. However, if you do face a lot of aggro, Belcher is generally better than Senjin. You can include one Earth Shock to have a silence in case your opponent drops a taunt. The second card could be Mana Tide to have even more draw to make sure you get your Bloodlust.

Stormwind Champions aren't that good of a 7-drop. You can either keep one and use Dr. Boom in his place or keep none and add a Zombie chow to have a strong early game (because you rely on really strong early game to be able to drop lethal bloodlust on turn 5).

Improve my list:

Shaman

2 Lightning Bolt

2 Rockbiter Weapon

2 Acidic Swamp Ooze

2 Flametongue Totem

2 Haunted Creeper

2 Hex

2 Harvest Golem

2 Razorfen Hunter

2 Shattered Sun Cleric

2 Gnomish Inventor

1 Piloted Shredder

1 Senjin Shieldmasta

2 Bloodlust

2 Sludge Belcher

2 Fire Elemental

2 Stormwind Champion

This decks seems pretty solid. I do not know your budget so I am going to assume you have all the needed cards to make a full budget deck.

Crackles are slightly better than Lightning Bolts. Although they cost one mana more, you get the same average of damage per mana with the advantage of trying your luck and Crackling a big target. 

Oozes are good if you face many weapon classes but with Patron warrior nerfed, it won't really be a problem any more (unless the meta is full of hunters). If you don't face hunter or Patron that often, definitely include Feral Spirits.

Harvest Golem is good, but I prefer Nerubian eggs in their place as you have enough activators already. Both Harvest golem and Nerubian are 4/4 (sort of) but you only have to play 2 mana for Nerubian.

Razorfen is a pretty bad card. It gets killed by a 2 drop and so does the Boar (but their 2-drop survives). If you didn't include Feral Spirits in place of Oozes, do so now. If you did, Storms should be included. Storms are generally a must-have for Shaman. You can also choose to run only one Storm if the meta is full of control. In that case 1 Storm and a second Shredder.

Shattered Sun Clerics are too slow and don't give you enough value. Defender of Argus odes basically the same but also gives you taunts.

Gnomish Inventors are good for a budget deck but you want to be using Azure Drakes. The extra 2 attack really make difference. 

Senjin is good in other classes is good, but you already run Defender of Argus and your hero power gives you taunt (sometimes). No need for extra taunt (unless you face huge amount of aggro). Fireguard Destroyers are a strong inclusion in almost any Shaman decks and deserve a spot, too. 

One Bloodlust could be enough because you should have enough proactive plays to win anyway. But of course, it is up to you. 

Sludge Belcher isn't really going to be vital in this deck because of the same reason as Senjin. However, if you do face a lot of aggro, Belcher is generally better than Senjin. You can include one Earth Shock to have a silence in case your opponent drops a taunt. The second card could be Mana Tide to have even more draw to make sure you get your Bloodlust.

Stormwind Champions aren't that good of a 7-drop. You can either keep one and use Dr. Boom in his place or keep none and add a Zombie chow to have a strong early game (because you rely on really strong early game to be able to drop lethal bloodlust on turn 5).

Thanks for the critique. My budget right now is pretty much 0. I've only been playing for about two months, and I've spent about all I had crafting a Face Hunter list. That got boring fast.

Anyway, with the cards I have currently, I dropped the Lightning Bolts in favor of Crackles, dropped the Oozes for Nerubian Eggs, and dropped the Razorfens for Zombie Chows. We'll see how it goes.

okay so this deck is getting me creamed in ranked mode. and suggestions?

x2 mana wyrm

frostbolt

x2 unstable portal

x2 mad scientist 

x2 sorcerer apprentice

effigy

x2 mirror entity

x2 flamewalker

x2 spellslinger

fireball

polymorph

x2 azure drake

loatheb

emperor thaurissan

justicar trueheart

piloted sky golem

sylvanas windrunner

x2 flamestrike

dr boom

ragnaros the firelord

Improve my list:

Shaman

2 Lightning Bolt

2 Rockbiter Weapon

2 Acidic Swamp Ooze

2 Flametongue Totem

2 Haunted Creeper

2 Hex

2 Harvest Golem

2 Razorfen Hunter

2 Shattered Sun Cleric

2 Gnomish Inventor

1 Piloted Shredder

1 Senjin Shieldmasta

2 Bloodlust

2 Sludge Belcher

2 Fire Elemental

2 Stormwind Champion

Thanks for the critique. My budget right now is pretty much 0. I've only been playing for about two months, and I've spent about all I had crafting a Face Hunter list. That got boring fast.

Anyway, with the cards I have currently, I dropped the Lightning Bolts in favor of Crackles, dropped the Oozes for Nerubian Eggs, and dropped the Razorfens for Zombie Chows. We'll see how it goes.

What about putting in Baron Rivendare instead of the Senjin? That seems like a good deal with Nerubian Eggs, Sludge Belchers, Haunted Creepers, Harvest Golems, and Piloted Shredder. At first I thought it would be too situational, but seeing how many options there are, it seems pretty reliable that I would get some use out of the Baron.

okay so this deck is getting me creamed in ranked mode. and suggestions?

x2 mana wyrm

frostbolt

x2 unstable portal

x2 mad scientist 

x2 sorcerer apprentice

effigy

x2 mirror entity

x2 flamewalker

x2 spellslinger

fireball

polymorph

x2 azure drake

loatheb

emperor thaurissan

justicar trueheart

piloted sky golem

sylvanas windrunner

x2 flamestrike

dr boom

ragnaros the firelord

+ Frostbolt

+ Fireball

+ Mirror Image / Arcane Missiles

+ Flame Cannon

- Justicar

- Skygolem

- 1x Flamestrike

- Poly

What about putting in Baron Rivendare instead of the Senjin? That seems like a good deal with Nerubian Eggs, Sludge Belchers, Haunted Creepers, Harvest Golems, and Piloted Shredder. At first I thought it would be too situational, but seeing how many options there are, it seems pretty reliable that I would get some use out of the Baron.

Although the effect could come handy, he is bit too slow and his stats are really bad. On the other side, nobody expects Rivendare in Bloodlust, so the opponent usually uses silence on something else. It also depends a bit on the meta. It might be worth giving it a shot, but I wouldn't expect much from it.

Edited by positiv2

So i started playing hearthstone in the first week of September. I main shaman and got to rank 16 in the September's . However, this season [October], I am experiencing difficulty getting even past rank 17. Any help would be highly appreciated. 

2 earth shock

2 Rockbiter Weapon
2 totemic might
2 Flametongue Totem
2 totem golems
2 ancestral healing
2 Hex
1 healing wave
2 lightning storm
2 mana tide totem
2 tuskarr totemics
1 unbound elemental
1 Senjin Shieldmasta
2 dranei totemcarvers
1 earth elemental
2 thunder bluff valiant
2 Fire Elemental

I also own an azure draker, piloted shredder, doomhammer, and a defender of argus. My two legendaries at this point is ragnaros and harrison jones.

How this deck works is by trying to build a platform with cards like tuskarr totemic and totem golem. Cards like earth shock prevent any cards i cant deal with immediately from going out of control. around mid game, cards like dranei and senjin provde solid stats and board consolidation and the totems have protection. Around late game, fire elementals and thunder bluff valiant allow serious tempo and card advantage with their effects. If the plan doesn't go accordingly, lightning storm can provide some clear and hold off. Healing wave and earth elemental were put in to deal with agro decks.

Btw, i know a lot of shaman decks highly perfer azure drakes, piloted, and defender of argus, and i have tried that, but it doesnt seem to work. could someone explain why and give an example of its use?

Thanks to anyone willing to help.

I've been climbing to rank 5-8 the last few seasons with this secret tempo deck I threw together making minor tweaks along the run... but just can't quite hit legendary. any suggestions to adjust to current meta for those lower ranks?  i'm seeing a lot of secret paladin and patron warrior which i have to race constantly.  Sometimes I feel like adding an extra mass burn to compete against these decks, but then sometimes it seems like too much.  I have all expansions/adventures unlocked, tons of rares/epics from all card sets(including TGT) and many of the neutral legendary creatures that you see in these type of mage decks.  Any feedback/suggestions would be much appreciated!

1x Mirror Image

2x Clockwork Gnome

1x Flame Cannon

2x Frostbolt

2x Unstable Portal

2x Mad Scientist

1x Sorcerer's Apprentice

1x Counterspell

1x Effigy

1x Ice Block

2x Mirror Entity

2x Flamewaker

1x Echo of Medivh

2x Fireball

1x Polymorph

1x Antique Healbot

1x Azure Drake

1x Emperor Thaurissan

1x Flamestrike

1x Archmage Antonidas

1x Rhonin

1x Alexstrasza

1x Pyroblast

glitchmob#1438

You are actually favoured against Secret Paladin and somewhat favoured against Patron Warrior. The other choice would be Mech mage as it is even stronger against these two decks. Edit: btw this is by far my longest post on this forum (661 words), good luck reading it :D

Counterspell doesn't do really that much. It is a strong secret, but isn't that powerful, especially in the meta you described. If you cancel a draw or whirlwind effect when facing patron, he simply plays another one. You also pay 3 mana to cancel a 0-2 mana spell. Secret Paladin doesn't rely on spells - his win condition is Mysterious Challenger. A second Sorcerer's apprentice could be good to deal with an Acolyte of Pain and because you run Clockwork Gnomes, you shouldn't be worried about Noble Sacrifice.

Ice Block simply delays your death. It is OK against Patron warrior, but it is really bad against other classes because you don't run taunts and their hero power just kills you next turn. Even against Patron, you would have to draw into your Flamestrike and even then, you will probably have no or almost no board to fight the other incoming minions and of course, second death's bite. Also, if you get an Ice Block from Mad Scientist, it is really bad for your tempo. A Spellslinger is a great turn 3 play and should be included to strengthen your early game.

Echo of Medivh can't be played on the same turn as the other important cards (and you don't want to rely on drawing Thaurissan) and because of this, you don't really want to run it. It is also an anti tempo card because you pay 4 mana and it doesn't do anything immediately. Dr. Boom is one of the strongest cards in the game, if not the strongest and doesn't really need explanation.

If it's normal Polymorph, then remove it, You already run 2 Fireballs and they can deal with almost anything and also can go face. You can Fireball Mysterious Challenger and then run a small minion into it. You can Fireball Thaurissan and he doesn't even get a 1/1. If it is a Polymorph:Boar, keep it because of its flexibility to "go face" and paying 3 mana for 4 damage is good enough. Include a Piloted Shredder in place of normal Polymorph. Shredder is another tempo card. You can deal with a 4-drop and still have a 2-drop on your board.

Healbot also delays your death. If you need to drop it, you probably already lost. If the meta is strongly aggro, then it is somewhat acceptable. Healbot is an anti-tempo play because you pay 5 mana for a 3/3. I recommend using Kezan Mystic to deal with Secret Paladin or an Azure Drake to have more draw options. 

Thaurissan isn't needed in this deck. Tempo mage's main strength lies in early game and because early game doesn't rely need help from Thaurissan (as he is a 6-drop), you should remove it. Thaurissan is used to improve your win condition of Antonidas's Fireballs, but you win against Secret Pally by dealing with Mysterious Challenger and being able to keep the pressure on your opponent. You win against Patron by dealing with their Patron turn. If the meta changes, you can add the Emperor back. For now use Piloted shredder. 

Although Alexstrasza has synergy with Ice Block, the chance of drawing both cards or getting Ice Block from Mad Scientist and drawing Alex is low, it isn't strong enough. Alexstrasza can be used as a part of a finisher, but you probably lowered your opponent's health by turn 9, you probably lost already. Healing yourself with Alexstrasza is too slow. Include Mana Wyrm because it gives you really strong early game if you draw a turn 2 spell. 

Pyroblast is somewhat ok, but is too slow. It can serve as a alternative to Antonidas if you do not draw into him. You can keep it if you find the use for it often. If not, use a second Mana Wyrm. 

Edited by positiv2

I made a midrange hunter deck with the help of my friend. 

2x hunter's mark

2x webspinner

1x bear trap

2x explosive trap

1x freezing trap

2x quick shot

2x knife juggler

2x mad scientist

2x animal companion

2x kill command

1x unleash the hounds

1x chillwind yeti

2x hound master

2x piloted shredder

1x azure drake

1x lotheb

2x sludge belcher

1x emperor thaurissan

1x war golem

I win most of the casual games, but is unable to win a single ranked match. Dropped from 17 to 18. Are there cheap ways to improve this deck? I have a very low budget. Low enough that I can't even craft a single card. It would be good to know about some cheap replacements that are better so that I can focus on getting them

Edited by Ithilrandir

I made a midrange hunter deck with the help of my friend. 

2x hunter's mark

2x webspinner

1x bear trap

2x explosive trap

1x freezing trap

2x quick shot

2x knife juggler

2x mad scientist

2x animal companion

2x kill command

1x unleash the hounds

1x chillwind yeti

2x hound master

2x piloted shredder

1x azure drake

1x lotheb

2x sludge belcher

1x emperor thaurissan

1x war golem

I win most of the casual games, but is unable to win a single ranked match. Dropped from 17 to 18. Are there cheap ways to improve this deck? I have a very low budget. Low enough that I can't even craft a single card. It would be good to know about some cheap replacements that are better so that I can focus on getting them

Hunter's mark is a situational card. One should be enough. Use King's Elekk in its place. Elekk is a strong 2-drop and even if you lose the joust, you still have a 3/2 beast on the board.

Explosive/Freezing traps depend on meta. Aggro meta = explosive, Control meta = freezing. But I do not recommend a total of 3 of these traps. Remove one Explosive or Freezing trap and use a second Elekk.

Two Quickshots are too many. Eaglehorn does at the very least 2 times the damage.

Yeti is usually used for trading because it has more health than attack. Hunter simply doesn't trade that much to make Yeti a good inclusion. Yeti dies to one of the most popular cards: Loatheb. You should include Highmane because it has huge value and even the Hyenas it drops from deathrattle are beasts, giving you great beast synergy. 

Azure drake has too low minion value and the Spell Damage isn't useful very often anyway. Hunter is about finishing fast, because once you run out of cards, the opponent had enough time to stabilize and would probably win anyway. Add a second Highmane.

Belchers in aggro aren't really needed. The opponent should be defending, not you. You are the one to be aggressive and make your opponent drop taunts. Use one Owl to bypass the taunts and one Tiger to have another big beast that can wait stealthed.

Thaurissan in this deck is madness. You don't need to lower the cost of your minions because they are already cheap. Use a Glaivezooka to buff your minions' attack or a second Eaglehorn.

War Golem is a really bad card, especially in a meta full of Booms (such as current meta). Boom trades evenly, but has Boom bots left. Use Dr.Boom or a finisher in its place. However, don't go too far in mana for minions like Ysera, they are way too slow and big. Don't use 9-drops because you can't use hero power the turn you play them. 

These changes cost 460+ dust and I think that is cheap enough. If you think it is still too expensive or have any questions, PM me. Also, don't let your friend build decks for you anymore tongue.png

Edit: If you want to main Hunter, craft these cards (if you don't have them already) and save dust for Boom.

Edited by positiv2
  • Like 1

So i started playing hearthstone in the first week of September. I main shaman and got to rank 16 in the September's . However, this season [October], I am experiencing difficulty getting even past rank 17. Any help would be highly appreciated. 

2 earth shock

2 Rockbiter Weapon

2 totemic might

2 Flametongue Totem

2 totem golems

2 ancestral healing

2 Hex

1 healing wave

2 lightning storm

2 mana tide totem

2 tuskarr totemics

1 unbound elemental

1 Senjin Shieldmasta

2 dranei totemcarvers

1 earth elemental

2 thunder bluff valiant

2 Fire Elemental

I also own an azure drake, piloted shredder, doomhammer, and a defender of argus. My two legendaries at this point is ragnaros and harrison jones.

How this deck works is by trying to build a platform with cards like tuskarr totemic and totem golem. Cards like earth shock prevent any cards i cant deal with immediately from going out of control. around mid game, cards like dranei and senjin provde solid stats and board consolidation and the totems have protection. Around late game, fire elementals and thunder bluff valiant allow serious tempo and card advantage with their effects. If the plan doesn't go accordingly, lightning storm can provide some clear and hold off. Healing wave and earth elemental were put in to deal with agro decks. Opinions and comments on how to improve this shaman play style or suggesting a new one are also welcome.

Btw, i know a lot of shaman decks highly prefer azure drakes, piloted shredder, and defender of argus, and i have tried that, but it doesn't seem to work. could someone explain why and give an example of its use? 

My budget is around another 1000 dust worth's. However, I want to start investing in other decks. Depending on how good shaman goes, i might invest more. I also don't have access to to either of the solo adventures.

Edited by fuzzy

2 earth shock
2 Rockbiter Weapon
2 totemic might
2 Flametongue Totem
2 totem golems
2 ancestral healing
2 Hex
1 healing wave
2 lightning storm
2 mana tide totem
2 tuskarr totemics
1 unbound elemental
1 Senjin Shieldmasta
2 dranei totemcarvers
1 earth elemental
2 thunder bluff valiant
2 Fire Elemental

I also own an azure drake, piloted shredder, doomhammer, and a defender of argus. My two legendaries at this point is ragnaros and harrison jones.

How this deck works is by trying to build a platform with cards like tuskarr totemic and totem golem. Cards like earth shock prevent any cards i cant deal with immediately from going out of control. around mid game, cards like dranei and senjin provde solid stats and board consolidation and the totems have protection. Around late game, fire elementals and thunder bluff valiant allow serious tempo and card advantage with their effects. If the plan doesn't go accordingly, lightning storm can provide some clear and hold off. Healing wave and earth elemental were put in to deal with agro decks. Opinions and comments on how to improve this shaman play style or suggesting a new one are also welcome.

Btw, i know a lot of shaman decks highly prefer azure drakes, piloted shredder, and defender of argus, and i have tried that, but it doesn't seem to work. could someone explain why and give an example of its use? 

My budget is around another 1000 dust worth's. However, I want to start investing in other decks. Depending on how good shaman goes, i might invest more. I also don't have access to to either of the solo adventures.

Ancestral Healing is not good enough in this deck. You run only two minions that could use the taunt. This card takes place in your deck that can be used better and because shamans don't have a strong draw mechanic, you don't want to use a card that does almost nothing. Use 2 Whirling Zap-o-Matics to have a strong 2 drop before you get first Naxxramas and Haunted Creepers. Players at rank 17 usually think Zap-o-Matic is a huge threat and waste a strong removal on it (happened to me several times). Haunted Creeper is a sticky minions and is suitable for boosts like Rockbiter or Flametongue. 
Giving your totems 2 health is simply not good enough. As I said previously, you don't want to have a card that does almost nothing. If you want combo, use a damage combo such as Windfury+Bloodlust/Rockbiter, not combos that add health to you minions. Use 2x Defender of Argus. Defenders also give health, but not only to totems, but whatever minions you choose. They also add attack and taunt, giving you more options. 
Only one Mana Tide Totem is usually better. You want more things to protect your Mana Tide Totem. If your opponent dominates the board, having 2 Mana Tide Totems is really bad, because you would have to cycle them for 6 mana. If you really have problems with draw but you usually dominate the board, you can keep 2 of MTTs. Other wise add one Bloodlust to have a finisher. Another option is Ragnaros. You should choose accordingly to the meta.
Unbound Elemental is too slow and you also run only 2 cards with overload. You should use a strong proactive play such as Piloted Shredder.
Although Draeneis can grow pretty big, it can get silenced, BGHed and totems are easy to get rid of. This makes it a situational card. Use Azure Drakes to have non-situational draw. 
Earth Elemental is ok if you don't face many BGHs. If you do, add a second Shredder or maybe a Doomhammer to have another finisher, but I think shredder is better. Another option is Harrison if you face a lot of weapon classes.

Your play style seems ok to me. The most common mistakes are the small ones that add up to a loss.

Azure Drakes and Piloted Shredders are usually played on their respective turn. Just the general "when not to play a card" knowledge is usually enough (eg. opponent's mirror entity). Playing Argus is bit more complicated and really depends on current board state. I recommend watching streams or videos to see specific examples as I can't really come up with one tongue.png

First 2 Naxxes are pretty much a must-have. 4 Naxxes and 1 BrM are pretty good. 5 Naxxes and 2+ BrMs are for specific decks. I really recommend getting the first 2 Naxxes and then focus on a specific deck. I do not recommend shaman or rogue. Druid and Paladin are arguably the strongest classes out there, both of those classes have cheap decks and are easy-medium difficulty to play.
If anything is unclear, feel free to send me a PM :)
Edited by positiv2
  • Like 1

Guys, I love playing as Tempo Mage. It's by far the deck archetype I enjoyed the most since GvG came out, but since TGT I feel my deck is a little underpowered. I also feel I'm not very good playing with it as the quality of the overall playerbase got higher and I didn't quite accompany it. That being said, I wanted you to evaluate my deck and give me some advices as to how I could play it well. Not as a handbook, but as some tips that may have made you better.

Mage Specific

1x Arcane Missiles

1x Mirro Image

2x Mana Wyrm

1x Flamecannon

1x Frostbolt

2x Unstable Portal

2x Sorcerer's Apprentice

2x Arcane Intellect

1x Counter Spell

1x Duplicate

2x Mirror Entity

2x Flamewaker

2x Fireball

1x Polymorph

1x Flamestrike

1x Archmage Antonidas

General

1x Clockwork Gnome

2x Mad Scientist

2x Mechanical Yeti

1x Piloted Shredder

1x Azure Drake

Thanks in advance!

Guys, I love playing as Tempo Mage. It's by far the deck archetype I enjoyed the most since GvG came out, but since TGT I feel my deck is a little underpowered. I also feel I'm not very good playing with it as the quality of the overall playerbase got higher and I didn't quite accompany it. That being said, I wanted you to evaluate my deck and give me some advices as to how I could play it well. Not as a handbook, but as some tips that may have made you better.

Mage Specific

1x Arcane Missiles

1x Mirro Image

2x Mana Wyrm

1x Flamecannon

1x Frostbolt

2x Unstable Portal

2x Sorcerer's Apprentice

2x Arcane Intellect

1x Counter Spell

1x Duplicate

2x Mirror Entity

2x Flamewaker

2x Fireball

1x Polymorph

1x Flamestrike

1x Archmage Antonidas

General

1x Clockwork Gnome

2x Mad Scientist

2x Mechanical Yeti

1x Piloted Shredder

1x Azure Drake

Thanks in advance!

Arcane Missiles are too random. If you are often lucky and RNGesus stands on your side, keep them. If not, add Doctor Boom for his value.

Arcane Intellects are actually an anti-tempo card and was included to have some sort of a 3-drop and a spell altogether, but with the release of TGT, Spellslinger has become the card to included in place of it. Spellslinger gives you a spell to use with Antonidas or Flamewaker. Spellslinger is also a good minion with 3/4 for 3 mana. 

Counterspell isn't that strong. Keep it if you face a lot of Combo druid or other spell dependent combo decks. Otherwise use Effigy. It is a strong tempo secret, it makes your minions hard to remove and you even have a chance to get the same minion back. 

Duplicate is too slow and don't generate any tempo. You pay 3 mana for nothing. They kill your minion and you have to play him again. Rhonin is great in tempo mage, so I recommend adding him to your deck. You get 3 one mana spells that can activate Flamewaker, Antonidas or can be played as a finisher because they deal 9 damage for 3 mana.

Polymorph isn't that strong of a tempo card, you still leave him a 1/1 beast and it can sometimes make trouble. Polymorph:Boar does almost the same but you can use it as a finisher and it costs one mana less.

Flamestrike is a meta tech card. If the meta slows down (or is already slow), remove it and add a second Frostbolt.

Mechanical Yeti is simply not good enough. It generates only one spare part and gets destroyed by one of the most common cards in game: Loatheb. Add a second Shredder. Shredders are probably the best 4-drops and although they don't generate spare parts, they generate 2-drops. Also, if you didn't include Boom, include him now.

To get better with tempo mage, I recommend watching videos or streams. Trump made a video about it (but sadly this was pre-TGT)