FORUMS
Krazyito

Weak Auras - Ask here for help! Read first post: Discord channel

can you post a picture of what you're seeing?

I updated some libraries and it seems to have fixed the issue. I'll post pictures of it if it starts happening again. Thanks for your time!

Don't be afraid to think outside the box and ask for something crazy. We'll let you know if its too ridiculous or out of the way. Looking forward to the requests.

Hokay.... here we go, so Im looking for a weakaura that will give me a timer and calculates the estimated time to reach  20/40/60/80% target health based on the overall DPS of a group in the last 5-10 seconds.

Something similar to the deathclock addon, but from a weakaura. Any suggestions, if this is even possile with weakauras?

Don't be afraid to think outside the box and ask for something crazy. We'll let you know if its too ridiculous or out of the way. Looking forward to the requests.

Hokay.... here we go, so Im looking for a weakaura that will give me a timer and calculates the estimated time to reach  20/40/60/80% target health based on the overall DPS of a group in the last 5-10 seconds.

Something similar to the deathclock addon, but from a weakaura. Any suggestions, if this is even possile with weakauras?

I can probably modify the 'time to execute' aura I have (that uses a library from a different broker addon) but in my experience it hasn't been too reliable / accurate.  Let me know if you still want me to try.

Hello, I saw a post almost a year ago asking about this but haven't seen any followup.  I'm looking for a WA that points in the direction of the rooted player with Shared Fate during the Mythic Gorefiend encounter.  The rooting debuff is called "Shared Fate" Spellid 179909 and the other debuff which needs to run inside the rooting is called "Shared Fate" too but the Spellid is 179908.  I would like the aura on the player with the 179908 debuff to point to the direction of the player with the 179909 debuff.

I've seen references to the "Method" guild kill and video in which you can see this kind of aura and would like to duplicate it however cannot find the aura used posted anywhere.  The one posted by Krazyito65 on his pastebin site throws tons of LUA errors when I import that code. So there is something clearly wrong with it.

Are you able to help by posting code for this pretty please??

Thank you!

Berly

Touche!  I knew I was missing something obvious.  I'll give that a try during our attempts this week and get back to you.  We did actually get our first guild kill this week, yay!  I think the shared fate arrow will be extremely helpful for easier rekills though.  Thank you again for all your hard work!

Hello guys

After last update addo I have some trouble with WA radar, written by someone from Method(before they separated). They just no longer show Shackled Torment range(wrought chaos works well). Here is the code(if need) - http://pastebin.com/dLNAaUEb

I don't know why he broke I didn't change anything. I play in russian realm, thats why all ability names - in russian.

Also I found a relatively new version(v17) of this radar but it doesn't work(even radar don't display). I change all ability name from English to Russian - radar start displays when they needed but don't  display any abilities (chaos and torment). Display only gray ring. Here is code of this radar - http://pastebin.com/gAi55Pz0

I think they'll be working if change ability name to ability ID, but I forget how to do it(and a little scary change something in such a large amount of code).

Can someone helped? Explain why my radar broked or help  change ability name to ability ID.

With regards.

Hello guys

After last update addo I have some trouble with WA radar, written by someone from Method(before they separated). They just no longer show Shackled Torment range(wrought chaos works well). Here is the code(if need) - http://pastebin.com/dLNAaUEb

I don't know why he broke I didn't change anything. I play in russian realm, thats why all ability names - in russian.

Also I found a relatively new version(v17) of this radar but it doesn't work(even radar don't display). I change all ability name from English to Russian - radar start displays when they needed but don't  display any abilities (chaos and torment). Display only gray ring. Here is code of this radar - http://pastebin.com/gAi55Pz0

I think they'll be working if change ability name to ability ID, but I forget how to do it(and a little scary change something in such a large amount of code).

Can someone helped? Explain why my radar broked or help  change ability name to ability ID.

With regards.

Have you tried using Exoursus Raid Tools for this instead?  It works so much better than any custom weak aura would.

Yes, but WA radar seems more beautiful to me. 

Just interesting why its broke after update

UPD: problem has solved. Download latest alpha version of WA

Edited by Serafim1991

Hello! 

I tried looking for a Weak Aura string that does what I require but I haven't had any success so far, so here I am:

I need a W.A. that:

Shows a "Chimaera Shot" icon in the middle of my screen when both: Chimaera Shot is Off Cooldown and

I have over 35 Focus (Wich is required to cast it).

In other words I need a W.A. that reminds me to Cast Chimaera Shot on Cooldown to maximize my MM hunter dps.

Thanks for your time :)

• Like 1

Hello!

I tried looking for a Weak Aura string that does what I require but I haven't had any success so far, so here I am:

I need a W.A. that:

Shows a "Chimaera Shot" icon in the middle of my screen when both: Chimaera Shot is Off Cooldown and

In other words I need a W.A. that reminds me to Cast Chimaera Shot on Cooldown to maximize my MM hunter dps.

Thanks for your time :)

Trigger: status -> Action Usable.

Just got into work atm so I can't really get on my computer to make it but it's very simple.

• Like 1

Hello!

I need a W.A. that:

Thanks for your time smile.png

Trigger: status -> Action Usable.

Just got into work atm so I can't really get on my computer to make it but it's very simple.

Thanks I look into it, im a complete noob regarding weak auras, (I mostly only import them) I will see what I can do, thanks for your time!

So, I'm planning on remaking my UI, and in doing so I've run into an wall: custom endpoints for a progress texture.  Context:  I'm trying to replace my focus bar with a set of 10 textures where each one is "worth" 10% of the focus bar (10 focus for SV, 12 for BM and MM).  For example, if I have 44 focus as MM, the WA would show 3 full textures and one that is 2/3 full.  What I can't figure out is the "how" on how to do this.  Any and all help is appreciated.

Also, Oda87, if you don't figure it out by tonight, I can easily modify my CS WA to not show if you don't have the required focus.

Go look at boomkings youtube for legion boomkin aura and see if the 40/80 marker is what you're looking for.

As well as the CS aura shouldn't need a focus requirement because action usable accounts for that already.

So, I'm planning on remaking my UI, and in doing so I've run into an wall: custom endpoints for a progress texture.  Context:  I'm trying to replace my focus bar with a set of 10 textures where each one is "worth" 10% of the focus bar (10 focus for SV, 12 for BM and MM).  For example, if I have 44 focus as MM, the WA would show 3 full textures and one that is 2/3 full.  What I can't figure out is the "how" on how to do this.  Any and all help is appreciated.

Also, Oda87, if you don't figure it out by tonight, I can easily modify my CS WA to not show if you don't have the required focus.

Thanks I should be able to look into it once I arrive home, have a great day!

Orthios, I copied your Chimaera Shot W.A. String and I'm loving it, however, what should I change for it to only show during combat, and when I have enough focus to cast? :)

Go look at boomkings youtube for legion boomkin aura and see if the 40/80 marker is what you're looking for.

Mmmm, not quite.  I'm effectively trying to copy Blade and Soul's Chi bar (max of 10 Chi, one orb is filled for each Chi you have), and then incorporating the progression aspect of having in-between amounts of Focus.

Orthios, I copied your Chimaera Shot W.A. String and I'm loving it, however, what should I change for it to only show during combat, and when I have enough focus to cast? smile.png

I answered you in the PM, but will post it here as well for anyone else who want's to do the same:

To change the out of combat show/hide, go to the group settings (just click the group) > Load > In Combat check box.  

For the focus, there's a few ways to do this:

1)  Add a second Trigger (Trigger > Add Trigger) Type: Status > Status: Power > Power Type: Focus > Power >= 35.

2) Change the first Trigger from Status: Cooldown Progress (Spell) to Action Usable.

Either of these will work just fine.

Mmmm, not quite.  I'm effectively trying to copy Blade and Soul's Chi bar (max of 10 Chi, one orb is filled for each Chi you have), and then incorporating the progression aspect of having in-between amounts of Focus.

Orthios, I copied your Chimaera Shot W.A. String and I'm loving it, however, what should I change for it to only show during combat, and when I have enough focus to cast? smile.png

I answered you in the PM, but will post it here as well for anyone else who want's to do the same:

To change the out of combat show/hide, go to the group settings (just click the group) > Load > In Combat check box.  

For the focus, there's a few ways to do this:

1)  Add a second Trigger (Trigger > Add Trigger) Type: Status > Status: Power > Power Type: Focus > Power >= 35.

2) Change the first Trigger from Status: Cooldown Progress (Spell) to Action Usable.

Either of these will work just fine.

Thanks! Its perfect.

I think I see.  Its going to be a custom duration.  Can't really work on it today, but here is some documentation you can read that might help: http://www.voximmortalis.com/threads/4328-WeakAuras-Tutoring-Thread?p=28136&viewfull=1#post28136

The top part of that post explains how the custom duration works.  The custom trigger can just be set to true and set load conditions. Then you just need to duration to be return currFocus, maxFocus, true

but you'll have to segment max focus for 10, 20, 30, etc for each texture.

so more like:

return currfocus / 10, true

return currfocus/ 20, true

etc...  Though not entirely sure what happens when you try to go over threshold

Is it possible to make a WA that automatically confirms talent switches? I'm familiar with the addon QuickTalents but not interested in having an extra menu on my screen.

I found this comment about the subject but I don't know how to turn that into a Weak Aura

http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=206666/macro-to-change-talents#p3288674

I haven't been able to find any addons that does this yet. 

Is it possible to make a WA that automatically confirms talent switches? I'm familiar with the addon QuickTalents but not interested in having an extra menu on my screen.

I found this comment about the subject but I don't know how to turn that into a Weak Aura

http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=206666/macro-to-change-talents#p3288674

I haven't been able to find any addons that does this yet. 

What do you mean by 'confirm' ?  You can make specific auras only appear based on specific talents, which is in the GUI menus under 'load'

You know the confirmation menu that pops up when you try and switch a talent? An aura to automatically click yes on that one. I know it's very specific and weird.

You know the confirmation menu that pops up when you try and switch a talent? An aura to automatically click yes on that one. I know it's very specific and weird.

Oh.  Maybe?  I think the command for that is pretty generic and works for all pop up boxes... so have to figure out what event runs when it comes up.  I'll look into it.

Hello, I am trying to get an icon to show up when the debuff I have on my current target has certain time remaining. I want it to show when it reaches the value of the remaining time so I know I need to refresh it. 

Conditions:

Warlock

Affliction

Spell=Agony

Remaining time =7.2