FORUMS
Krazyito

Weak Auras - Ask here for help! Read first post: Discord channel

Well, the last person who posted, I accidently deleted it. Because for some reason mobile didn't give me a confirmation when I meant to quote. [edit: found out how to restore it]

Here is the quote

2fishbones (https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/user/28966-2fishbones/) has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Weak Auras - Ask here for help!".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi. I've been working hard, but I cannot for the life of me make this work!I'd like a WA that shows the distance to all Deathknights in my raid - either based on class og player names.Ideally I'd like it to show when im more than 20 yards away from them, also when not targeting them or having them focus target.Seperate WAs for each deathknight will do fine. Cheers! :)

My answer: I will try to work on this when I can. Currently just finished moving to a new place, can't get internet until (maybe) Tommorrow. If they can't fix it Tommorrow then I have to wait until Sunday for someone to come out.

Well, the last person who posted, I accidently deleted it. Because for some reason mobile didn't give me a confirmation when I meant to quote. [edit: found out how to restore it]

Here is the quote

2fishbones (https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/user/28966-2fishbones/) has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Weak Auras - Ask here for help!".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi. I've been working hard, but I cannot for the life of me make this work!I'd like a WA that shows the distance to all Deathknights in my raid - either based on class og player names.Ideally I'd like it to show when im more than 20 yards away from them, also when not targeting them or having them focus target.Seperate WAs for each deathknight will do fine. Cheers! smile.png

My answer: I will try to work on this when I can. Currently just finished moving to a new place, can't get internet until (maybe) Tommorrow. If they can't fix it Tommorrow then I have to wait until Sunday for someone to come out.

That's quite allright! In the meantime I have made it work - thanks a bunch for the reply!

Update, I have no Internet until Sunday the 13th. Sorry guys.

I'll try to make some dry code at some point when I'm done with this moving hassle.

Hey, would like to ask for some help a second time.

My question is specific to Xhul'horac, however I would really like to know if it were possible to make a weakaura that "counts" the number casts of a boss ability/event. My guild has a stun/grip rotation for the Imp adds that spawn, but it would be nice to have an aura to display whose turn it is out of the three groups we are using.

Ideally it would be like this

Imp Spawn #       Group #

1                          1

2                          2

3                          3

4                          1

5                          2

6                          3

7                          1

etc etc

A weakaura to handle this and display the group # when each event occurs would be great to know in general for the future.

Thanks for your time,

Bic

This isn't exactly what you asked for or perfect, but best i got. It shows which wave of imps has spawned.

dCe3oaGie0LqavJcr1PquEfvQmlIQUfrLDHqdtk5ysPwgvspJOKPrsCncv2gvIVHimoeOZHiQ1HakZJqk6EsX(iKkhKK0cre5HIeteLQlIszJes(ivQ6KekRKiZKOOBIaYoje)KkLgkrHLsLINkvtvexvK0wjKQ(kkjJLqk1Er1FLudgomLwmHQEmvmzu4YcBgf9zrQrJiDArTAcPKxtuQztIBlj7Mu)MIgoj1YPQNtW0r66sSDk8DeGXJsQZJsSEcPW(vZBZt49kENbVZGNW7mn10Ew0i4I4Qk8oJSGAflljbRP8oRSgbb2GaxG3zXTmzkeuUiYjU2UsSTkYQLlUOslxCvC8UpsNn1jSOo4DAWAkVBDOztTapH3Z6mLNW7mmRDkcuZkojX7ofbQzfVBlEBDOnisawJy0mATKT4T1H2GyUsTGQkzJy0mATKT4T1H2GinxfIY0lsWAkRSgXOz0AjBXBRdTbrfRaLvwJy0mATKT4T1H2Gi1BDKDwNE0myAvecoLt5Dw7wMmfckxuYrqxjijAtcc2sCUklzrcxCrfot5urfEVOP(C60HNNW7ofbQzfVZSODOztn5KT0ymg(Gw86HT4T1H2GyUsTGQkzJyiA2mAnm9d3h0KCvqozdr3GCBXBRdTbrfRaLvwJy4Ur7wKTuOzWP8ULbJmnBQTk1uFoD6WlWt4I0MNW7uFoD6WZt4DklQdE3PiqnR4DNIa1SQMYI6G3dJqt59Wi0uEpfsT0bbkeeSPdExOi(Wi0uz4dMzwZ7DzWMmLjV7ueOMv8oZI2HMn1KhgHMk)GirIKT0ymgzMJWi00rtZGq2ejf3MQijS5M6EIQUjHWbL0qV0ymgJXyylEBDOnisawJy0mAT0ymgJXyylEBDOniMRulOQs2ignJwlngJXymg2I3whAdIuV1r2zD6rZGPvriwAmgJqriYmhHrOPJMMbHPkIyj1DzWMmLzkQ2tQ7PMskSXg7SXoHdkPHEPXymgJXqX0XQmk6mD0misK4sJXymgJHIPJvziOouueJ9rZqiuchk5It(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(rT8JA5hozgYpC8HLMn1IptfgndbQxqTsMsoHYrO8J0LmJHPFqiHKT0ymgJXymgJXymgzMdklQJHvZyqoLf1XOPzqyk(Wsl(GWHPFqzrDmAAgek6dsZokbHdt)GYI6y00miugbLqYgusd9sJXymgJXymgJXymgJHpOfVEqn1LkXhEYDYmiBPXymgJXymgJXymcfHiZCqzrDmSAgdYPSOognndcLHILLWt4W0pOSOognndcfJgves2GsAOxAmgJXymgJXymgJXym8bT41dQPUuj(WtUAfllHNH4fJDYwAmgJXymgJXymgJqZyPXymgJXymgJXym8bT41JwlngJXymgJXyeAglngJXymgJXyS0ymgJXymgJXsJXymgJXymgkMowLrrNPUpvXyF0mecLWHsobLFqKirYwAmgJXymgJXiZC44dlT4dXyN8IotDFQIXozJMMbjRIRYQ9GsAOxAmgJXymgJXymgdBXBRdTbXCLAbvvYgXOzylEBDOniMRulOQs2igYnAV0ymgJXymgJrOzS0ymgJXyeAglngJrOzS0ymg(Gw86btRIqSuOzW7cfXhgHM2lmzMznVxNIQ9K6EIQUjH3dJqtf4D2ejf3MQijS5M6EIQUjr(uClbIKunPwMU191Sj6ztKK6ufruIjZe2CdBSlFQIiwsDxgSjtzMIQ9K6EQPKcBSXoBSZ7fDyeAkVBlutE3PiqnRQjnZi4DNIa1SIt59IM6ZPthEEcV7ueOMv8oZI2HMn1Kt2sJXy4dAXRhuFjwk0m4uoLt5DQpNoD45j8oLf1bV7ueOMv8UtrGAwvtzrDW7culTiW7ofbQzvNADKTaVZSODOztn5KT0ymg(Gw86HT4T1H2GibynILcndE3PiqnRyV4T0SPM3zw0o0SPMCYwAmgdFqlE9ODl5h2I3whAdIkwbkRSgXWDJ2Twk0m4DhsdhzZ7f1mS0G3DkcuZkENzr7qZMAYjBPXymYmh2I3whAdIuV1r2zD6bL0qV0ymgJXyOy6yvgofFsUkgnd3h0KCvqozlngJXymgzMdNIpjxfdrxZWw826qBqKMRcrz6fjynLvwJyqjn0lngJXymgJXyylEBDOnisZvHOm9IeSMYkRrmAgofFsUkgUB4Q4wAmgJXymgJXWw826qBquXkqzL1igndNIpjxflngJXymgJXyylEBDOnisawJy0mSfVTo0gejaRrmC3O9sJXymgJXymg2I3whAdI5k1cQQKnIrZWw826qBqmxPwqvLSrmC3qwlngJXymgJXy4dAXRhuFjwAmgJXymcnJLgJXi0mwAmgdFqlE9GPvriwk0m4DNIa1SQM0mJG3P5QGbNY7eqMbLuUOCXfzPcjCXL2IJeKqfxBrWwCMYPIl8UUuL4ZPthEbUiUY7Kg50Ks5IYfxKLkKGeKS4ibjlU2Qqqc2IZuoviiVZiliAv0o0SrWjjExX0YGNW7uRsOP8eEVQOqZ8eoLt59q7yw00WNzW7TjyRw8EriQdTJzrtdFMbNK4DgzMmZoffkl8eEVQOqZ8eoLt5DVPsWt49QIcnZt4uoL3zADOztnpH3Rkk0mpHt5uE3BDcEcVxvuOzEcNYPCkVNzW7jTj4qUHOnPfLHCdXQulWP8UaV7kX2eBrSnj4DdUiTvX12CkNd

Hi.

I've been working hard, but I cannot for the life of me make this work!
I'd like a WA that shows the distance to all Deathknights in my raid - either based on class og player names.
Ideally I'd like it to show when im more than 20 yards away from them, also when not targeting them or having them focus target.
Seperate WAs for each deathknight will do fine.

Cheers! smile.png

Think it was Krazyito who earlier made a distance to healer WA. This is the one.
I imagine you just change the range to 20 instead of 40 and the healer names to DK names.

dK0hoaGiHQlji1NajJcu5uGsRIur1RafLMfPs3cQDjOggH4yssTmjHNrQIPbsDnkfTnbj9nqrghOkNduyDKkq3tszFKkGbsQqDqHIwiPQEiLctusLlckQSrjjFKurCssvkRKKDcQQFsPKHsQqwQqHNsrtvaxLsPElPcAUKQuDxsfL9sL)kjAWOdlXIjKESqMmbxgyZuIptjnAb60e9AsvYSjLBdIDd53sz4uQwov9CPA6IUof2UKQ(UqPXliopHA9GIQEpOOy(csCFsfP9R2vTlGZeIZuWzk4c4mT0qPPeMh4GFfq7mfKD7AfXbaHKoZqh5mJm6zdsaqiPZ0IbkkLneCWUAoNtmgJXymgJXymgJXySTSNYgQJXymgJXymgJXymgJXymgJXy8Q5CoX4PitiGcQprTzutR5LiRRMZ5uRfv0MqKOyaeSrtR5N1MqlYQ5CoxnNZPwlQOnTRved8bkIQbM1MWmXHFbcWwiqCDNXHFbciqST46oJd)ceqGGEaiUUZ4WVabuvZWhxNUAoNtmgJXymgJXymgJXymgJXymgJXymgJXymgJXymgJXymgJXy8Q5CoxnNZPwlQOn9G0WJmtVezDwBgp(Q5CoxnNZPLMFwPUt7AfXa)uIMs7fPVdNDTIyGpqrunaStH2Q5CoNZ5C1CoNZ5CIX6eqofK9SGIatrbzSaaAkUzmliHzgemTRved8RMZ5CoNtTwurBki75S2Sy4lvcq1hUozplOiG(GmwaazBKm7Wf3UwrmWhx3PDTIyGh2vZ5CoNZ5Q5CoNZ5eJH58(MFAJGGi9sISUAoNZ5CoLwMcYEoRvBIKAZmianfK9CwBkYeGewnNZ5CoNRMZ5CoNtm2gnTMxISUAoNZ5CoLwMqKOyaeSrtR5Nhk1MImZGa0eJN6nltzoL9j8TvGPi6oZGa0mQP18HxnNZ5CoNZ5CkTmfK9CQduBcrIIbqWgnTMFMbbOjgR3SmZGGPGSNfueyk7tnqVpZGf0mdcMqKijediRMZ5CoNZ5CoNZ5uq2ZzTzp9sK1WwAEiLeU4HwiUUtbzpHDoX4y0mqcsK1z2MOgAkaIKqkAZcsyg1q1d85mBZE6LiRRMZ5CoNZ5CoNZ5uq2ZzTz8qjQQQQQkrererIhoSGSNHdhpu8XNySnAAn)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(zbjmZGGzgu6fM(IuycbaruGp8kmEwNSNfueqFqglaGSnsMD4GYxKc6bkyN4Pzbcyw6ZIOT6bt4eawkgA50ajZPSpHYUwrmWdfSHxHXZ6K9SGIa6dYybaKTrYSdhu(IuOAyO7ek7fFkgAOGDIN1j7zbfbMIcYyba00xKctiaiIc8tKebsaanliHPDTIyGhQ(0EXNINqaqef4NwAg(WRW4PouhBGKzm1zZE6LiRt8eoBzpLnurd2zvEjajOjEAGK5mMZSnJccI0RWZzDalfdTSpZ2ek7AfXapuHxHXtDOo2ajt91zZE6LiRt8eoBzpLnurd2zvEjajOjEAGK5u)z2Mrbbr6v45SoGLIHw2NzBcLDTIyGhQWRW4PhKgE0ezaruGFIN1j7zbfbMWjrtXfVqh2POGmwaanfTLbNgiz2dVQy4lvcq1hUozplOiG(GmwaazBKm7ZAtlgOOu2qWzGKzm1DAGKP(WUAoNtdKmJ5S20ajZyoB(ju21kIbEOwnNZPbsM6pRnnqYu)zZpHYUwrmWd1Q5Co1ArfTzjeDNfXZAtBJKPoQ1LPSHGZajZyc7Q5Co1ArfTPOHO7uuXZAtBJKPoQ1LPSHGZajt9HD1CoNslZsiZcsykAiZmiaTAoNZ5Co1ArfTPqiZAZsit8u0qwnNZ5CoNATOI2uq8S2SiEINIkE1CoNZ5C6bPHhnHtiKPoFkeYeMDkiEQZNcIHDUoDksyBUAoNtasy1CoNEqA4rtKuBfajSA1QvRwTA1QvRwTA1QvRCPlDMITLflDq6Qcdn80t1WaMGh0vOhBcVkGPkQWzbdTECMPxA1kW7c4mtX2boZEwsJUZ0OdQSOfBrCp9gaN(otdeOEakDMfJS5mb1dqPZ0gnKGmLnu3zA0bvAGKPtFNzuqqKE5mnSlusGZmYONnivMITdCM9SKgDNzKrpBqQmOua4mtjeGGlDMsbNzDYEwqrGz2MbbfnGV7mJvkKbDvfQvadBcn8GhmGjORagIadOH2zbdTnDMidib8sRwb(Ud(v7mdcKwdMUQGxfWqpqBtyan0viIiWtKqfANfm0HQZmeBzXshKUQWWdMePIQfb6QfXM6bE2egWqpolyOH2zQ1kcUaotJoOseOEG3PVZmlAau6c4mHyOLsxax6sNPG0IfzKHwk2fWzcXqlLUaU0LotFjc4c4mHyOLsxax6sNPLsukBixaNjedTu6c4sx6m9nnGlGZeIHwkDbCPlDPZSiiitzdv0Qm9sRwb(UlGlDPZS7mRiC1HfjC1WKZSEh8Rg6kQ2Loha
Edited by Woopza

Hi ^^,

I've been trying to make a WeakAura with a trigger custom for T18 4P (Gathering Vortex) bonus for Elemental Shaman, i'd like to display an icon when my Lightning Shield stacks are over 16, or when [Gathering Vortex's Stacks  + Lightning Shield Stacks>23 (or equal 24)].

From the test i've been doing, i've find a problem in the detection of Gathering Vortex, so i tried few algorithm (LUA) and the one that seems to be working the best is the one that look at all the buffes and compare them to chosen one.

If someone that knows how to correct/do this could help :)

Here's my own code (this one doesn't always appear at the right time and badly display off) :

function()
 buff1=false
 buff2=false
 wanted1 = "Lightning Shield"
 wanted2 = "Gathering Vortex"
 for i=1,40 do
 local spellID=UnitBuff("player",i)
 if spellID == wanted1 then
 buff1=true
 end
 if spellID == wanted2 then
 buff2=true
 end
 end
 if buff1==true and buff2==true then
 local name1,rank1,icon1,count1,etc1 = UnitBuff("player", "Lightning Shield")
 local name2,rank2,icon2,count2,etc2 = UnitBuff("player","Gathering Vortex")
 if count1+count2>23 or count1>16 then
 return true
 else
 return false
 end
 end
end

Or directly my WeakAura :

diufhaGiQKlPcvgfqYPuj1RuHQMLkyxQqzyOqhtuwgv0ZqrjtdfvTnukACOIADOOI5HIsDpq1(OsLdIkyHOstKkvDruQ6JOcnsuuPtQczLqAMuP0nrrr7ef5NaHHIsLwkkv8uvnvr1vrfzROuYxrPWzrrH5IsP2lYFrjdw6WkzXQepgIjJQUmLndYNvPgTk60I8AvsMTIUnOSBO(nGHdulxHNRutx46u12bI(oky8aPopvy9uPy)KPmkNEy0ZtppLtpIFhaWYnqh0luHsVhhJ09TnOC6r87aag9qEmsKaWG6AHQQQQoSWpWQ5dVjudZluHkuHkuHkukOpgP7BBq50hoaB0J43bam6r87aagRWbyJ(DSc)MEW2aXWXPTMXj9zmYi9ESbsdh0V8ba9(TXYJtbXLEe)oaGrpKhJejamOUwOQQQQx8qqzWHwZTjuvvv1lEiiNWHwZTjuvvvvgw4W4ZuHR6YTP7ZaNW3Q)zYM8UeQQQQkdlCy8ovHR6IJR40gj8TkBbmcd0UeQQQQkeWqnbp7aZZOkpGqvvvvvvvvNaiRP6gSnNh5E4CcNcUEiiq5c8C5WgUoKUwOQQQQQQQQji1nyBopY9QWHRYWchgFMQACAyHQQQQQQQQQQQQEXdbLbpgEtOQQQQQQQQgMxOQQQQQQQQji1nyBopY9QWHRYWchgVt140Wcvvvvvvvvvvvv9IhcYj8y4nHQQQQQQQQAyEHQQQQAyEHQQQQMGuV4HGYGdpgEtDH5vV4HGCchEm8MACAyHQQQQQQQQobqwtv8cMLDySWxLDiHaGZoGa4Xr2blqYuHRYjCk46HGaLlWZLdB46GQl3MUpdCcFR(NjBY76AHQQQQQQQQobqwtv8cM58WyHVY5Heca25beapoCEWceNQWv5eofC9qqGYf45YHnCDWfhxXPns4Bv2cyegODDTqvvvvvvvvtqQiaECKD8iaEC40DozwQadveapoYCxgBQgNgwOQQQQQQQQQQQQdl8dSAm8MqvvvvvvvvT52eQQQQQQQQQQQQ6Wc)aRcTMBtOQQQQQQQQgMxOQQQQgMxOgMxOcvO0BG0WXME21TCGzWE2Hf7cc2G9SJ7yKEKtd5k69G5xHrVFBSaBdedhN2AgNex6bBdedhN2AgNSaaBJvamONzdNEe)oaGX6mXB0hjygpf0FAP7ZGyIZms)eyXt5073gRDYngDHE)2yHnqAdIl9XAA4GYPhMFgjkNckOFd2qOC63j890iMYOG(bW0OC6H5NrIYPGc69BJfYCT3ex69BJLBaWgDH(XcXOC6H5NrIYPGc69BJ1gSHqCPhzU2BkN(DcFpn6FMlhyMCGjkO3VnwiaWUScIl98jiOeIFgoOC6H5NrIYPGc63j3yuo9W8Zir50dEnchex6HMgOtxMgXL(WWex6dgmC4akbsJ4sFWGHdhex6HagHdylmXLckOGE(0g8C54JfYvB6poe6h2DcaN7aSrFcbat)INpfja8AYkgP7BBSPCkOh0GacABbXugNzKEgs8XjXeNzK(fsKaWBkNEOeoTpPC65byDpbyGUq)9eGbwqJfmJE2WwxXb)yTzoCeeQS)PGc6DaciOTfetzCMr6XEy5J09Tn2etz0N4PNJGqL9p98Pn45YXriay6pch2aAHyS9ria4nB)GT5KftRWpmwCcpSPHJe((dGbmkOFtVZJLDmgpwgBspijMYyENzuqea

Satron

PS : Sorry for my possible english mistakes, that's not my native language

Des tests que j'ai pu faire, le problème vient de la détection des stacks de Gathering Vortex, et j'ai donc essayé plusieurs algorithme, celui qui avait l'air de marcher le mieux étant de parcourir tout les buffs juqu'à en trouver un adéquat.

Si quelqu'un connaissant bien les triggers custom (LUA) pourrait m'aider, soit sur ce forum soit directement en jeu :)

Voici mon code :

Hello

Want write a small fight timer with some features. That's why I have a few questions.

1. "PLAYER_ENTER_COMBAT" and "PLAYER_LEAVE_COMBAT" - it is event or subevent?(try to use it to start and stop timer, but it isn't work)

2. Is there a function that stops the timer when I'm out of the fight?(die, or defeat target)

3. How to make the timer is not reset immediately after the fight and reset only when it begins a new fight?(like ElvUI datatext). 

Also I think about announcing in "say" how long the fight lasted, but think can do it myself with a few examples I already have

Why is everyone wanting code when I have no Internet to test it. )=

I'll try to help late Sunday or Monday EST

Oh, I don't wait a code. You have so much help me and I don't want write in skype because feel uncomfortable(even when you say "feel free to ask whenever")

I want do it myself(without ready-made solution), but not understand a few moments, that I described in previous post. Will be enough a simple answer(yes/no or what I need search/read to get the right answer for my questions)

1: should be an event. If you look in my paste bin, there might be something called "encounter timer" as an example (warning it's old code and there is probably a better way to do it, but it works.)

2: you can use ENCOUNTER_END and ENCOUNTER_START, but that only works for raid bosses. Not out in the world. You have to figure out when you're out of. Combat to stop it otherwise.

3: simply save the current time in a temp variable to display outside of combat (if not combat show temp time)

• Like 1

Sorry if you did, but as my post needed an approval from a moderator, i think it might have been skiped (i'm not in an urge xD), so it's 5 answers before this one ^^ (Sorry if you did see it)

btw, isn't it strange that when a post need approval, and when it's finally approved it appears at the "original" place (where people could miss it), and not at the end of the topic :D

Sorry if you did, but as my post needed an approval from a moderator, i think it might have been skiped (i'm not in an urge xD), so it's 5 answers before this one ^^ (Sorry if you did see it)

btw, isn't it strange that when a post need approval, and when it's finally approved it appears at the "original" place (where people could miss it), and not at the end of the topic :D

We have the first post approval thing in place because a long time ago we had a HUGE influx of spammer and it was getting ridiculous to keep up. So we had mods approve the first post of an account before further posts could be made.

As for your aura, I can't really figure out what to do with it as I'm stuck on mobile until Comcast comes out to connect my internet Sunday

No problem, i've tried few solution but none worked, so the problem gotta be really dumb. Be brave without "real" internet connexion ;)

Krazy, I know you have no internet yet, but, are you aware of any glitches with WA and the latest patch? I had a WA string for disc priests with sounds for Solace and Penance - and, after the patch, they've gone silent. I've re-imported them twice and still nothing.

Appreciate the help :)

Ok, so I'm not sure what's going on for me, but I'm using Pottm's Wrought Chaos WA, and having imported it from 3 different sources, I'm getting the same error:  Sometimes (not always) when Shackled Torment goes out, my chat box will be spammed with an error message saying that coordinates are not saved for XXXX (the player with Shackled Torment) and no circles will appear in the radar to tell me if I'm in/out and how many players are in it's radius.

Source 1

Source 2

Source 3

I'm not in a huge rush to fix this, as we don't raid again until Tuesday, and likely won't see Mythic Archimonde again until Wednesday (pending we get a good rekill on Mannoroth), but I would like to have it working by then.

I can't actually fix your WA, but if you want you can try my WA for Archi mythic
Can't really who did it(i think it's also someone from method) but it works well(kill Archi mythic 1 day ago - at Thursday)

Tbh, ERT wrought chaos does the same and works better IMO

I'll have to look into both, but given I'm still a trial it's not likely that I'll actually be in for Archi this week.  I was in last night simply due to roster issues.  I'll be lucky to be in for Xhul tbh. 

I'll have to look into both, but given I'm still a trial it's not likely that I'll actually be in for Archi this week.  I was in last night simply due to roster issues.  I'll be lucky to be in for Xhul tbh.

Everyone should use Exoursus Raid Tools. It's pretty much the next big thing since DBM was introduced. It has a lot of fight specific boss mods for touchy abilities and even a note module like angry assignment (and a lot more, I make weak auras that utilize the arrow texture it makes for specific abilities)

Everyone should use Exoursus Raid Tools. It's pretty much the next big thing since DBM was introduced. It has a lot of fight specific boss mods for touchy abilities and even a note module like angry assignment (and a lot more, I make weak auras that utilize the arrow texture it makes for specific abilities)

Oh, I'm using ExRT, it's a damn good addon.  I'm just not using the Archimonde module it has right now, since I'm not entirely sure if I like it over a WA.

Oh, I'm using ExRT, it's a damn good addon.  I'm just not using the Archimonde module it has right now, since I'm not entirely sure if I like it over a WA.

I use this one: http://pastebin.com/dJ1mkx5Y

I had no errors so far. It's a hude code tho

I'm a bit stuck at the moment. My goal was to create a chi tracker in Weakauras that also had "shadows" representing the future income of chi. This took into account that you would get 2 chi with Power Strikes active. By default this actually worked marvelously, but I was a little annoyed with the bars always appearing, even outside of combat, but I also wanted to know how much chi I had the moment ANYBODY in my group entered combat. What I have should work (based on my new understanding of Lua and WoW API) but it doesn't, in fact NONE of the chi bars are appearing now, no matter what amount of chi that I have. I'm also unsure as how to check if I currently have "power strikes" on my character. The best way that I have found so far is comparing UnitBuff name output to the name of the buff provided in my chiCheck function.

I'm currently running code to functions in my own addon script to check if anybody is in combat and if there is enough chi. I did this mostly to save space and to make it easier to change the bulk of the code easily in the future.

Note: chiReq changes for each weakaura, but I leave it as 2 by default.

Anyways here are bits of my code:

AK = {};

function AK.groupCombatCheck()

local groupNum = GetNumGroupMembers();
local inCombat = UnitAffectingCombat("player");

if inCombat == 1 then
return true;
else
for i = 1, groupNum, 1 do
inCombat = UnitAffectingCombat(("party"..i) or ("raid"..i));
if inCombat == 1 then
return true;
end
end
end
return false;
end

function AK.chiCheck(chi, buff, chiReq, sChi)

local pBuff = "Power Strikes";
local pass = false;

if sChi then
if chi == chiReq - 1 then
return true;
elseif chi == chiReq - 2 then
if buff == pBuff then
return true;
end
end
else
if chi == chiReq then
return true;
end
end

return false;
end

This is my own custom script. The first function (groupCombatCheck) seems right, but I'm a little worried about the whole "party"..i and "raid"..i bit.

function()

local sChi = false;
    local chi = UnitPower("player",12) or 0;
    local pBuff = UnitBuff("player","power strikes");

local chiReq = 2;

if AK.groupCombatCheck() then
        if AK.chiCheck(chi, pBuff, chiReq, sChi) then
            return true;
        end
    end

return false;
end

This is my custom trigger in Weakauras for the solid (not "shadow") bars. sChi represents this fact and lets it evaluate the proper code in chiCheck in the previous code segment. 

function()

local sChi = false;
    local chi = UnitPower("player",12) or 0;
    local pBuff = UnitBuff("player","power strikes");

local chiReq = 2;

if not AK.groupCombatCheck() then
        return true;
    elseif not AK.chiCheck(chi, pBuff, chiReq, sChi) then
        return true;
    end

return false;
end

This is the untrigger for the above code.

The only difference between those two code segments and my shadow trigger and untrigger is that sChi is set equal to true at the beginning.

I hope this was formatted well enough and that anybody on Earth can understand what I did haha.

Hi again,

Not an expert in WA, but I do use and like it - however, my audibles in WA have gone silent after this last patch. Would it help if I were to post my thread here to see if I've messed anything up somehow?

Also, I have both ERT and WA - am I overlapping anything? Thanks

Hi again,

Not an expert in WA, but I do use and like it - however, my audibles in WA have gone silent after this last patch. Would it help if I were to post my thread here to see if I've messed anything up somehow?

Haven't had internet for a week, but I doubt a patch would cause your sound issues. Make a new sound aura you can test outside and see if it works.

Lastly, WA is much too general to know if you're "overlapping" only you know if you are or not. Just identify what your auras do and what things ERT does. (remember weak auras starts out empty so we have no idea what specific auras you have)

Hi again,

Haven't had internet for a week, but I doubt a patch would cause your sound issues. Make a new sound aura you can test outside and see if it works.

Lastly, WA is much too general to know if you're "overlapping" only you know if you are or not. Just identify what your auras do and what things ERT does. (remember weak auras starts out empty so we have no idea what specific auras you have)

Thanks Krazy - my sound effects wasn't enabled (?) in game - WA sound restored!

I'll have to explore ERT a bit more to see what it does that WA duplicates.

Edited by Maplefire