FORUMS
Krazyito

Weak Auras - Ask here for help! Read first post: Discord channel

Hello again smile.png

Looking for WA configuration for Mannoroth  like Fragnance have in this https://youtu.be/3ACk8B-ZMhw?t=240

Looking for fear(big green letter on the center), Imps lifetime.

Also on his stream I saw WA configuration for interrupt(who interrupt cast). Working like gorefiend grasp on this message https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/9948-weak-auras-ask-here-for-help/page-13#entry118267

Anyone know where I can find it?(asking in stream chat - have no answer)

UPD: find video about interrupt. http://www.twitch.tv/fragnance/v/21883610

First time its on 28:53 and the second  - on 29:57. Dont know exactly how it works, but think its configure for certain people separately

http://pastebin.com/GgzqjDLf#

I put all 3 requests in one group for you. 

Imp timer (this is only a 12s timer from when the imps were cast)

Mannoroth Fear timer (this is basically the bosses cast time)

Who interupted text.

• Like 1

Has anybody been able to set up a Weak Aura indicating the cooldown timer for Heroic Strike? I can make one for all other abilities, but for some reason the Heroic Strike cooldown does not seem to register with Weak Auras, instead it appears the info regarding the CD is not being passed from WOW to WA.

Here's another thread where being have expressed difficulty: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1685245-Is-Weak-Auras-broken-for-Heroic-Strike

Thanks.

this is tricky it seems.  I'm gonna have a talk with a friend of mine that has some sort of GCD based aura already to see if I can make it work correctly for heroic strike.

Has anybody been able to set up a Weak Aura indicating the cooldown timer for Heroic Strike? I can make one for all other abilities, but for some reason the Heroic Strike cooldown does not seem to register with Weak Auras, instead it appears the info regarding the CD is not being passed from WOW to WA.

Here's another thread where being have expressed difficulty: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1685245-Is-Weak-Auras-broken-for-Heroic-Strike

Thanks.

this is tricky it seems.  I'm gonna have a talk with a friend of mine that has some sort of GCD based aura already to see if I can make it work correctly for heroic strike.

I look forward to hearing from you, and just an additional note, Heroic Strike is off the GCD, and resets in 1.5 seconds.

http://pastebin.com/38PhVCxA

Here you go.  Basically, we needed to add a custom duration to the aura to account for the GCD and also test against the spell ID of the GCD.

I got most of the code from a friend who already did it for me, so I'm not ENTIRELY sure how it works, i just know it does now.

How can I get the distance between me and my healers? Example: https://youtu.be/Vx6ipbVOWvY?t=1m54s

http://pastebin.com/xsZvf4ts

Here you go.  Edit the 'Display' custom code and put the names of the people you want to track distance to.

This is great! Is it possible to displayed rounded values (45 instead of 45.21 for example) and possibly change color when the value is greater than a certain number such as 40 yards? Thank you for your help!

Yes. Give me specific options to start, then I'll try to make it generic enough for you to change as you wish.

It's 3am for me atm, I'll try tommorw or Monday.

Think, normal options will be:

1. Green when range <40

2. Red when range >40

I have a question about added third and fourth healer:

in Display I added only third healer like this

function()

-- Change name of healer you want to track here.
if aura_env.HealerOne == nil or aura_env.HealerTwo == nil or aura_env.HealerThree == nil then
  aura_env.HealerOne = "Хорошаяидея"
  aura_env.HealerTwo = "Квистя"
  aura_env.HealerThree = "Круська"
end

local healer1dist = aura_env.DistanceBetweenUnits("player", aura_env.HealerOne)
   local healer2dist = aura_env.DistanceBetweenUnits("player", aura_env.HealerTwo)
   local healer3dist = aura_env.DistanceBetweenUnits("player", aura_env.HealerThree)

if healer1dist == nil then healer1dist = 0 end
   if healer2dist == nil then healer2dist = 0 end
   if healer3dist == nil then healer3dist = 0 end

local returnString = string.format("%s: %.1f\n%s: %.1f\n%s: %.1f", aura_env.HealerOne, healer1dist, aura_env.HealerTwo, healer2dist, aura_env.HealerThree, healer3dist)

return returnString
end 

and in Actions

aura_env.DistanceBetweenUnits = function(unitA, unitB, unitC)
unitA = unitA or 'player'
unitB = unitB or 'player'
unitC = unitC or 'player'
local ax, ay = UnitPosition(unitA)
local bx, by = UnitPosition(unitB)
local cx, cy = UnitPosition(unitC)
if ax and bx and cx then
local dx = ax - bx
local dy = ay - by
return (dx * dx + dy * dy) ^ 0.5
end
return nil
end 

All code I added - red color

Try on random group in garrison - seems working, but i'm not sure about Actions section. Can you tell me where i make a mistake?

Think, normal options will be:

1. Green when range <40

2. Red when range >40

I have a question about added third and fourth healer:

in Display I added only third healer like this

function()

-- Change name of healer you want to track here.

if aura_env.HealerOne == nil or aura_env.HealerTwo == nil or aura_env.HealerThree == nil then

aura_env.HealerOne = "Хорошаяидея"

aura_env.HealerTwo = "Квистя"

aura_env.HealerThree = "Круська"

end

local healer1dist = aura_env.DistanceBetweenUnits("player", aura_env.HealerOne)

local healer2dist = aura_env.DistanceBetweenUnits("player", aura_env.HealerTwo)

local healer3dist = aura_env.DistanceBetweenUnits("player", aura_env.HealerThree)

if healer1dist == nil then healer1dist = 0 end

if healer2dist == nil then healer2dist = 0 end

if healer3dist == nil then healer3dist = 0 end

local returnString = string.format("%s: %.1f\n%s: %.1f\n%s: %.1f", aura_env.HealerOne, healer1dist, aura_env.HealerTwo, healer2dist, aura_env.HealerThree, healer3dist)

return returnString

end 

and in Actions

aura_env.DistanceBetweenUnits = function(unitA, unitB, unitC)

unitA = unitA or 'player'

unitB = unitB or 'player'

unitC = unitC or 'player'

local ax, ay = UnitPosition(unitA)

local bx, by = UnitPosition(unitB)

local cx, cy = UnitPosition(unitC)

if ax and bx and cx then

local dx = ax - bx

local dy = ay - by

return (dx * dx + dy * dy) ^ 0.5

end

return nil

end 

All code I added - red color

Try on random group in garrison - seems working, but i'm not sure about Actions section. Can you tell me where i make a mistake?

Do not edit actions.

• Like 1

How can I get the distance between me and my healers? Example: https://youtu.be/Vx6ipbVOWvY?t=1m54s

http://pastebin.com/xsZvf4ts

Here you go.  Edit the 'Display' custom code and put the names of the people you want to track distance to.

This is great! Is it possible to displayed rounded values (45 instead of 45.21 for example) and possibly change color when the value is greater than a certain number such as 40 yards? Thank you for your help!

Updated the original pastebin link. http://pastebin.com/xsZvf4ts

Right now it only turns from white to red when greater than 40, if you want something more specific let me know.

Ok I re did the aura a little i found i had a bug in the new one I made and decided to add support to EASILY add new people that you want to track.  Same pastebin link: http://pastebin.com/xsZvf4ts

Old code.  Updating it to be a loop of a table instead so oyu can add as many people as you want.

eds1yXc.png

New code:

o4ODsnm.png

• Like 1

Ok I re did the aura a little i found i had a bug in the new one I made and decided to add support to EASILY add new people that you want to track.  Same pastebin link: http://pastebin.com/xsZvf4ts

Old code.  Updating it to be a loop of a table instead so oyu can add as many people as you want.

eds1yXc.png

New code:

o4ODsnm.png

Just got home to test this out and it works perfectly!! Thank you so much!

I added a line to your Healers range WA, Krazyito, that colors distance number in green if it's < 40 yards. Many times you just check in (green) / out (red) of range rather than exact numbers.

--Coloring
        if minRedColor ~= 0 then -- If it is NOT 0, then color.
            if dist >= minRedColor then --If the distance is less than the minimum
                dist = string.format("%d", dist)  --Rounding to non decimal and convert to string
                dist = "|cFFFF0000"..dist.."|r" --Color the number
            else
                dist = string.format("%d", dist)  --Rounding to non decimal and convert to string
                dist = "|cFF00FF00"..dist.."|r" --Color the number if distance is less than 40 y
            end
        else

end 

• Like 1

http://pastebin.com/38PhVCxA

Here you go.  Basically, we needed to add a custom duration to the aura to account for the GCD and also test against the spell ID of the GCD.

I got most of the code from a friend who already did it for me, so I'm not ENTIRELY sure how it works, i just know it does now.

Thank you! This did work. Sorry I didn't get back to this thread until now, been kind of busy.

Yeah it's confusing I would be curious if anybody could explain if it is an inconsistency in Blizzard's programming or if it's working as intended.

Edited by Sambal

How to learn how to write a functions for weakauras? Uncomfortable have to ask other people to do something for me. In what direction I must go(manuals, guides, etc.)?

And second:  is it possible to choose only healers  with this function for this weakauras. Have a thought that is not haunted, is it possible to automatically choose healers in random raid and show the distance to them?

I would say it's working as intended, kinda. It's probably more a weak auras problem than a blizzard one, in the sense that weak auras wouldn't have expected to have to account for the global cooldown of a spell as its 'cooldown' (let alone one on its own seperate GCD).

The reason I say this is because they way we finally got it to work, we had to check the spell heroic strike against the 'cooldown' of the spellid for the GCD (if this makes sense).

But that doesn't really make weak auras actually do the animation, we technically coded the 'duration' of the GCD ourselves (using its spellid).

TL;DR: I don't think it's a 'bug' per se, more of a small feature overlooked by weak auras.

How to learn how to write a functions for weakauras? Uncomfortable have to ask other people to do something for me. In what direction I must go(manuals, guides, etc.)?

And second: is it possible to choose only healers with this function for this weakauras. Have a thought that is not haunted, is it possible to automatically choose healers in random raid and show the distance to them?

The problem with that function is that they have to be set as a healer in the raid frames / raid group. So they can be wrong sometimes.

But Yea, assuming it's correct you can incorporate that.

Sorry, I'm not home and it's hard for me to write full answers on my phone.

Basically, if you have some basic programming experience, I would be glad to show you a few things privately over Skype. I'd you don't have any experience, I could still help but it would be much slower. My Skype is in my profile if you want to take that up, but be warned, you're still going to be asking for help for a while, I still learn new techniques when reading other peoples code.

You could also learn some basic programming using the Python class on Code Academy. It can get you the basics on a scripting language like Lua, (though they are not the same language and you would have to learn the seperate quirks, which is easy with Google searches)

I really feeling quite uncomfortable and  don't really want to bother you with questions on Skype(know myself - it will be a lot of small and stupid question), so continue writting on the forum. If you want (or if you can) - you can help me. 

So, about UnitGroupRoleAssigned. Have 2 variants how to choose a healers  in random raid:

1. Use variant that you offered, but for playerTable use something like table.insert(looking LUA manuals, try it, but in WoW it doesn't work. I think, this function have a different name)

2. Use something like

local isTank, isHeal, isDPS = UnitGroupRolesAssigned("player")local groupSize = 40if isHeal then	    for i = 1, groupSize do	isTank, isHeal, isDPS = UnitGroupRolesAssigned("party" .. i)	    if isHeal then	    local dist = aura_env.DistanceBetweenUnits("player", player)            if dist == nil then dist = 0 end                if minRedColor ~= 0 then                 if dist >= minRedColor then                    dist = string.format("%d", dist)                     dist = "|cFFFF0000"..dist.."|r"                 else                   dist = string.format("%d", dist)                     dist = "|cFF00FF00"..dist.."|r"                 end            else               dist = string.format("%d", dist)            end    returnString = returnString .. string.format("%s: %s\n", player, dist)        return returnString       end    endend

It is don't work, just example what I'm talking about

I think that the first variants wiil be more easier than the second, but i don't know how added people with "healer" role in table "playerTable".

Can you help, i want to understand how it must be do?

Tbh Skype will be easier for small questions. I won't mind. And if I don't answer, I might eventually =P.

Currently at work, will respond to the rest later (about 2-3 hours). Feel free to add me on Skype still. (or let me know of another program you may use, maybe Google hangouts if that's easier)

I really feeling quite uncomfortable and  don't really want to bother you with questions on Skype(know myself - it will be a lot of small and stupid question), so continue writting on the forum. If you want (or if you can) - you can help me. 

So, about UnitGroupRoleAssigned. Have 2 variants how to choose a healers  in random raid:

1. Use variant that you offered, but for playerTable use something like table.insert(looking LUA manuals, try it, but in WoW it doesn't work. I think, this function have a different name)

2. Use something like

local isTank, isHeal, isDPS = UnitGroupRolesAssigned("player")local groupSize = 40if isHeal then	    for i = 1, groupSize do	isTank, isHeal, isDPS = UnitGroupRolesAssigned("party" .. i)	    if isHeal then	    local dist = aura_env.DistanceBetweenUnits("player", player)            if dist == nil then dist = 0 end                if minRedColor ~= 0 then                 if dist >= minRedColor then                    dist = string.format("%d", dist)                     dist = "|cFFFF0000"..dist.."|r"                 else                   dist = string.format("%d", dist)                     dist = "|cFF00FF00"..dist.."|r"                 end            else               dist = string.format("%d", dist)            end    returnString = returnString .. string.format("%s: %s\n", player, dist)        return returnString       end    endend

It is don't work, just example what I'm talking about

I think that the first variants wiil be more easier than the second, but i don't know how added people with "healer" role in table "playerTable".

Can you help, i want to understand how it must be do?

Ok so I implemented your 'auto add' feature using the function you found.  Normally, I would have been lasy and only asssumed that you would use this in a raid group, but in your 'example' code you mentioned party, so I kind of HAD to also include party checks.  Which made things a little bit difficult, luckily I had already done this code in the past so it was just a matter of finding it and then making sure I did my checks right.

I didn't change any of the code from the original pastebin, all I did was add checks for party and checks for if 'HEALER'.

qxTVIKL.png

New pastebin link: http://pastebin.com/RpUgWysE (I kept the old aura in a separate pastebin thats still on my account)

You can also easily edit out the part about "player" because that is only for yourself, and it would be kinda redundant to track distance to yourself.  I kinda just did it out of habit for checking for *everything*