Engineering Trade Skill Guide for New World
On this page, you will find our in-depth guide for the Engineering Trade Skill in New World, where we cover everything, including the best ways to level and how to craft 600 gear score items.
Overview of Engineering in New World
Engineering is one of the seven Crafting Trade Skills in New World. Engineering is primarily focused on creating Dexterity-scaling weapons, arrows, ammunition, and crafting tools, but can also craft other extremely useful items such as.
Engineering is performed at a Workshop or Forge in any settlement. Workshops and Forges have a tier level that varies from town to town, and a higher tier level workshop/forge will enable you to craft higher tier items such as, , , and .
Leveling Engineering in New World
Engineering is a fairly flexible crafting skill to level depending on what materials you prefer farming or what is cheap on your server. There are several ways to progress through Engineering with ease and maybe even make some gold in the process. The "best" choice will differ from server to server and person to person, so instead here are several fantastic methods that will level your Engineering to max quickly and easily.
- Spears — these are good because they are primarily wood-based, which can be easier and cheaper than Heavy Ore-based items. As a note, these are made at the forge, and you should make sure to set the metals and leathers required to the cheapest, as it is on highest by default which can be quite costly.
- Arrows/Ammunition — these are great if you are a Bow/Musket user, as making your own arrows/ammo can come in handy, especially if the trading post is disabled. They can also sell for quite a bit and are easy to make.
- Bows and Fishing Rods — these are great because they have no metal requirement, just cloth, leather, and wood, which can be much cheaper. They can also sell for quite a bit if you roll a good epic one.
- Proficiency Potions — these are great because they only use elemental motes, so if you are focused on leveling your Engineering you can get a lot of free experience by using spare motes. These are also extremely popular items, as every gatherer will want these.
- Tools — these are primarily metal-based, but can net you a huge profit with a bit of luck. Rolling the best perks on a gathering tool can be hard, but fun and extremely profitable.
Increasing the Gear Score of your Crafts
There are 6 ways to boost the gear score of your crafts. These bonuses can either increase the minimum and/or maximum gear score of your crafts. Below is a list of what you can do to improve the gear score of your crafts.
|Crafting Bonuses||Minimum Gear Score Increase||Maximum Gear Score Increase|
|Town Project Board||+5||0|
Gear Perks for Engineering
Engineering has a unique set of gear that can be equipped to increase the gear score of your crafts by +2 per item: these are the Engineer Gloves, Hat, Pants, Shirt, and Shoes. You can also acquire an earring with a crafting-related perk that grants a +5 gear score increase while crafting, which are not specific and can come on any earring. You can generally find these as drops or on the Trading Post, however some pieces can be much rarer than others and therefore more costly.
Trophies for Engineering
Trophies can be placed in each of your 3 houses that grant a +3/4/5 (Minor/Basic/Major) minimum gear score increase for all of your crafts related to that trade skill.
Crafting Food for Engineering
will increase the minimum and maximum gear score of your Engineering crafts by +15. It lasts 40 minutes, so try to have all of your materials prepared beforehand.
Town Project Bonuses
Each settlement will have different town projects working at any given time, and you can check what bonus perks are active by going to the to territory planning board in any settlement. As a note, you must own a house in the settlement to receive the town project bonus.
High Quality Materials and Crafting Skill
Most crafts will enable you to use materials that are higher than what is necessary to craft them to increase their gear score. When you are fishing for those amazing 600 gear score items to either use or sell, you will always want to use the highest materials possible. Your crafting skill also increases the gear score of items you can craft by up to +25 at maximum crafting level.
- 29 Nov. 2021: Guide added.
- New World Steam Free Weekend (April 7-11)
- Big New World Update: Heart of Madness Reveal and PTR Notes
- New World January Update: Mutators and a Lot More
- New World Patch 1.2.2 Notes
- New World January PTR Brings Mythic+ Expedition Feature and More
- New World December Team Update
- New World Patch 1.1.1 Notes
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway Ends Today!