TBC Classic Balance Druid Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities
On this page, you will learn how to optimize the rotation of your Balance Druid in both single-target and multiple-target PvE situations in TBC Classic. We also have advanced sections about cooldowns, procs, etc. in order to minmax your DPS.
In single-target you will look towards the following priority:
- Keep Faerie Fire on the target if raiding, for the Improved Faerie Fire debuff.
- Keep Moonfire active on the target, but always let it fully finish its current duration before refreshing.
- Use Force of Nature if the trees will stay alive for most of their duration.
- Spam Starfire until the target dies or you need to refresh your debuffs. If Mana is an issue, you will drop the damage over time applications and just spam Starfire.
- Use and refresh Insect Swarm only when moving, in order to minimize DPS downtime!
For area-of-effect damage you will slightly adjust your spells:
- Channel Hurricane if it will hit 3 targets or more for its whole duration.
- Use the single target rotation.
This is a simple rotation, but there is plenty of nuance on when to use your cooldowns, when to apply dots or skip them to save Mana on long fights, and in the positioning required.
TBCC Balance Druid Cooldown Usage
Your main DPS cooldown is Force of Nature. To get the maximum damage out of this talent, use it at times where there are no abilities going off that will kill your treants and against targets that will live through its 30 second duration. Hurricane is a minor cooldown which is used in area of effect situations.
Innervate is a great way to catch up on Mana, for yourself or Arcane Mages and healers in your group. Entangling Roots and Cyclone are sometimes needed for control, and Tranquility can be used in situations where your party needs healing quickly.
- 06 May 2022: Updated rotation.
- 27 May 2021: Guide added.
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Honor Decay Removed In Season of Discovery and Classic Era
- Season of Discovery Launch Times
- Season of Discovery Will Launch With Fewer Realms
- Icecrown Citadel Player Buff Coming Early December
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer
- WoW Classic Patch 1.15.0 Notes