TBC Classic Balance Druid Phase 3 / 4 Gear and Best in Slot
On this page, you will find the best PvE gear and best in slot items for your Balance Druid from TBC Classic Phases 3 and 4.
Balance Druid Phase 3/4 Best in Slot List
While a clear best in slot list is always available in TBC Classic, the items contained might be extremely hard or expensive to get. Thus, we will try to give at least one alternative for most slots in the list, so that you can pick where and how to farm them.
The list will focus on gathering the best stats for Balance, as described in our guide below. During Black Temple, you may also have need of additional gear devoted to maximizing your Shadow Resistance stat. Should this be the case, we recommend consulting our guide dedicated to acquiring pieces with this stat as necessary.
Other Balance Druid Best in Slot Lists
If you are starting out as a freshly-leveled Balance Druid, our pre-raid best in slot list is meant to give you an idea of non-raid items you can chase as a solo / pug player in preparation for raids.
To check out our recommended Pre-Raid best in slot gear, head over to its list below. If your character is still progressing through the content of older tiers, then you may wish to consult their best in slot lists instead, but keep in mind these older lists do not include Zul'Aman and new badge gear, both of which are often equivalent or even more powerful than Tier 5 gear!
TBC Tier 6 Balance Druid Tier Set
Balance Druid Tier 6, the Thunderheart Regalia, is obtained from the following bosses:
- Helm — Archimonde in Hyjal Summit
- Chest — Illidan Stormrage in Black Temple
- Legs — The Illidari Council in Black Temple
- Shoulders — Mother Shahraz in Black Temple
- Gloves — Azgalor in Hyjal Summit
Its set bonuses are:
- 2 pieces — increases the duration of Moonfire by 3 seconds. This is a minor damage upgrade that improves your rotation by allowing you to refresh Moonfire less often.
- 4 pieces — increases the critical strike chance of Starfire by 5%. As Starfire is the bulk of your damage, this bonus is close to a significant 5% damage increase.
It is important to note that, while Tier 6 is definitively an upgrade over Tier 5, its tier set bonus is not as strong, making it a small upgrade rather than a big one, especially when compared to what other classes get. Thus, while the BiS list will advocate using multiple Tier 6 pieces, you should only swap once you can get the 4-piece Tier 6 bonus and do not need to rush to obtain these pieces.
Phase 3/4 Best in Slot Table
At this point you can also safely drop Tailoring and Leatherworking (assuming you are not your group's drummer) in order to get Enchanting and Jewelcrafting or Engineering, which have better benefits.
Other Useful TBC Phase 3/4 Gear for Balance Druid
While the list above contains the absolute best gear setup, you are unlikely to quickly gather all of it. We provide more options below, some of which are very close to the best and some of which are just much easier to get!
Since weapons are such a broad topic, we have written a full guide about Druid weapons below:
If you have further questions about gemming and enchanting these items, our Balance Druid Enchants and Gems page below provides more information.
- 05 May 2022: Guide moved.
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer
- WoW Classic Patch 1.15.0 Notes
- Classic Era and Hardcore Patch 1.15.0 Known Issues List
- Mike Ybbara on Blizzard's Approach to Meeting Player Demands
- Classic Era Patch 1.15.0 PTR Notes
- Classic Account Suspensions for October 2023
- Icy Veins WoW Classic Interview: Discoveries and Runes, LFR, ICC Nerfs and Much More