TBC Classic Druid Weapons Guide
Weapons are important stat sources for Druids, especially once you reach TBC content, where the damage stats on weapons become massive and Feral-specific attack power bonuses are plentiful.
Druid Weapon Skills
Druids can use Daggers, Fist Weapons, Staves and Maces, as well as off-hands and idols in the ranged slot. While most classes swing their melee weapons in combat, dealing damage according to the DPS of the weapon itself, this is not the case for Feral Druids.
Cat Form and Bear Form have normalized auto-attacks, and scale only with attack power and other secondary stats, ignoring a weapon's damage range and speed. Ability damage is also calculated using these normalized values, making weapon damage meaningless. To compensate for this, some items have extra attack power that is only applied to Feral Druid forms in them, such as Staff of Natural Fury.
Druids know how to use one-handed maces (Tauren) or daggers (Night Elf) and staves when created, and learn how to use the rest of their potential weapons from the Weapon Masters around the world.
Alliance Weapon Masters
|Weapon Master location||Weapon Skills available|
|Darnassus (around 57,46)||Daggers, Fist Weapons, Staves|
|Ironforge (around 62,89)||Fist Weapons, Daggers, Maces|
|Stormwind (around 57,57)||Daggers, Staves|
|Exodar (around 53,86)||Daggers, Maces|
Horde Weapon Masters
|Weapon Master location||Weapon Skills available|
|Orgrimmar (around 81,19)||Staves, Daggers, Fist Weapons|
|Thunder Bluff (41,62)||Staves, Maces|
|Silvermoon City (90,38)||Daggers|
Staves for TBC Classic Druids
There are many great Druid staves in game. Exactly what kind of staff you are looking for, though, depends on your specialization. Feral Druids want form attack power and either offensive ( Staff of Natural Fury) or defensive stats ( Wildfury Greatstaff). Balance Druids want high spell power, hit and crit ( Battle Mage's Baton). Restoration Druids want high healing power, spirit and / or Mana per 5 seconds ( Nightstaff of the Everliving).
Daggers for TBC Classic Druids
Caster daggers ( Runesong Dagger) can occasionally be good for Balance Druids, but there are not many of them.
Maces for TBC Classic Druids
Maces tend to be great for healers ( Light's Justice), but also occasionally come with caster ( Amani Punisher) or Feral ( Earthwarden) stats, instead.
Fist Weapons for TBC Classic Druids
Druids can use fist weapons, but unfortunately there are next to no good ones, as these are one-handed and have Strength / Agility type stats, making them about half as powerful as using a two-handed weapon for Feral, and useless for Balance and Restoration.
Off-Hands for TBC Classic Druids
There are multiple great healing ( Tears of Heaven) and caster ( Talisman of Kalecgos) off-hands available for Druids, but no Feral off-hands of note.
Idols for TBC Classic Druids
Idols are only usable by Druids and are quite rare. These go in the ranged slot and give a small contribution to your throughput. There are idols for Feral ( Idol of the Wild), Balance ( Idol of the Moon) and Restoration ( Harold's Rejuvenating Broach) Druids.
Axes for TBC Classic Druids
Druids cannot use axes.
Wands for TBC Classic Druids
Druids cannot use Wands.
Swords for TBC Classic Druids
Druids cannot use Swords.
Polearms for TBC Classic Druids
Druids cannot use polearms.
Crossbows for TBC Classic Druids
Druids cannot use crossbows.
Bows for TBC Classic Druids
Druids cannot use bows.
Guns for TBC Classic Druids
Druids cannot use guns.
Thrown Weapons for TBC Classic Druids
Druids cannot use thrown weapons.
Shields for TBC Classic Druids
Druids cannot use shields.
Leveling Weapons for Druids in TBC Classic
Look for weapons that have good stats for your specialization: Agility and Strength for Feral, Spell/Nature/Arcane damage and Intellect for Balance, Healing, Intellect and Spirit for Restoration. You can often find weapons with good stats in the auction house, but remember to be conscious with your gold, as you will also want to be able to train skills and buy your riding skills and associated mounts as you level up.
We will list a few of the most notable weapons you can get while leveling below:
- Crescent Staff is a quest reward from Leaders of the Fang, which can be done in Wailing Caverns. Due to its very high stats, you will be able to use it for a long time;
- Manual Crowd Pummeler drops from Crowd Pummeler 9-60 in Gnomeregan and has great stats, as well as an amazing on-use effect;
- Viscous Hammer is a bind on equip world drop and has incredibly good stats for the level you can equip it at, you can easily use it until you reach TBC content!
- Illusionary Rod in Scarlet Monastery: Library and Mograine's Might from Scarlet Monastery: Cathedral are both very strong weapons for Balance and Feral Druids, respectively;
- Balance Druids will also enjoy Zum'rah's Vexing Cane from Zul'Farrak, which is usually quite easy to obtain!
- The Rockpounder is obtained in Uldaman and has great offensive stats for Feral, as does the Fist of Omokk, which you can obtain in Lower Blackrock Spire, just before heading into Outland;
- For Ferals, once you arrive at Hellfire Peninsula, you can get Agamaggan's Quill from one of the very first TBC quests. Upgrade it to Ursol's Claw in Hellfire Ramparts, and again to Staff of Beasts by doing the Ring of Blood questline in Nagrand at Level 65, which will last you until you are maximum level!
- Balance and Restoration Druids can progress similarly from The Staff of Twin Worlds into Crystalfire Staff and then Battle Mage's Baton (or Mogor's Anointing Club) until Level 70.
- Idols wise, Idol of the Wild comes from the Colossal Menace quest, which you can pick up at the Cenarion Post in Hellfire Peninsula, near the Zangarmarsh border. This is an exceptional Feral idol, especially for leveling!
For more leveling information, please refer to our leveling guide for Druids.
End-Game Weapons for Druids in TBC Classic
The ideal end game weapons for Druids depend on your specialization and the current phase of TBC Classic. We keep this information updated on our gearing guides listed down below:
- 15 Jun. 2021: Removed Corpsemaker reference.
- 01 Jun. 2021: Guide added.
- Infinite A'dal Vs. Terokk Fist Fight - Brilliant Bug Use
- Bans Going Out for Ogri'la Quest Exploit, Up to 6 Months + Hilarious Hotfix Consequences
- Tempest Keep Classic Cleared World First by Salad Bakers in a Little Over an Hour
- Serpentshrine Cavern Classic Cleared in Under an Hour World First by Progress
- Burning Crusade Classic: Overlords of Outland Is Now Live!
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 2 "Not a Bug" List
- BCC Phase 2: Overlords of Outland Launch Delayed
- Overlords of Outland Guides for Burning Crusade Classic
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- When will we see a pre-patch tbc page?
- Icecold (A) - Ashbringer EU
- Inner Circle Recruiting For TBC
- New onyxia kill time