TBC Classic Marksmanship Hunter Spec, Builds, and Talents
On this page, you will find out the best PvE talent choices and builds for your Marksmanship Hunter in TBC Classic.
Marksmanship Hunter Talent Builds for PvE
For Hunters, Marksmanship is the overall worst PvE spec. Beast Mastery and Survival will fair much better, as each raid will want a Survival Hunter for their unique debuff that they place on the target, Expose Weakness, and Beast Mastery Hunters do the most damage out of all Hunter specializations.
If you were looking for leveling builds, please refer to our leveling guide for Hunters.
Marksmanship Standard Raiding Talent Build
This is the standard talent build that you should take for raiding and dungeons as a Marksmanship Hunter. It is centered around going deep into the Marksmanship tree for the late-tier damage increases along with Trueshot Aura. Notably, this build skips over Silencing Shot as it is not generally useful in raids, but you could drop a point in Unleashed Fury to grab it if you wanted.
Most of the points in this tree are just taking the damage options down the tree. The optional points here are in Improved Hunter's Mark, as this build is assuming you are the Hunter that will use Hunter's Mark for the group. If you are not, swap them over to Efficiency instead.
After you take all of the points in the Marksmanship tree, you have some options. 3 points in either Monster Slaying or Humanoid Slaying depending on what you are fighting is going to be the best damage increase you can get, so these are certainly advisable. You can choose to pick up Hawk Eye for the extra range as well if you desire, but it is not required.
In the Beast Mastery tree, Improved Aspect of the Hawk and Focused Fire are the only hard requirements. Generally, the best way to dump the remainder of your points is to drop them into Unleashed Fury, but that is less set in stone. You could choose to do whatever you want with those final points.
- 25 May 2021: Guide added.
- What's Ahead for Wrath Classic (Developer Update)
- Faction and Transfer Restrictions Lifted in Burning Crusade Classic
- Dungeon XP and Mob Behavior Changes to Combat Boosting
- Joyous Journeys Summer XP Buff Coming to Burning Crusade Classic
- New Group Finder Details for Wrath of the Lich King Classic
- An Update on Wrath Classic Fresh Server Transfers
- Fresh Start Servers Coming with Wrath of the Lich King Classic Pre-Patch
- Upcoming Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation: August 10th
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank