TBC Classic Shaman Weapons Guide
Shaman Weapon Skills
Shamans can use Daggers, Axes, Fist Weapons, Staves and Maces, as well as off-hands and totems in the ranged slot.
Enhancement Shamans are very reliant on their weapon in order to deal damage, and slower weapons (such as Dragonmaw) are stronger because they hit harder when Stormstrike is used and can benefit longer from haste before going under 1.5 second swings, which will cause potential Windfury Weapon proc losses due to its 3-second internal cooldown.
For both Elemental and Restoration weapons are merely stat sticks, where you will want to find a large portion of your main stats: Spell Power for Elemental and Healing Power for Restoration.
Shamans know how to use one-handed maces and staves when created, and learn how to use the rest of their potential weapons from the Weapon Masters around the world.
Alliance Weapon Masters
|Weapon Master location||Weapon Skills available|
|Darnassus (around 57,46)||Daggers, Fist Weapons, Staves|
|Ironforge (around 62,89)||Axes, Fist Weapons, Daggers, Maces|
|Stormwind (around 57,57)||Daggers, Staves|
|Exodar (around 53,86)||Daggers, Maces|
Horde Weapon Masters
|Weapon Master location||Weapon Skills available|
|Orgrimmar (around 81,19)||Axes, Staves, Daggers, Fist Weapons|
|Thunder Bluff (41,62)||Staves, Maces|
|Silvermoon City (90,38)||Daggers|
Axes for TBC Classic Shamans
Axes, both one-handed ( The Decapitator) and two-handed ( Gorehowl), are great Enhancement weapons in TBC Classic, especially for Orc players, who get extra expertise with them from their racial, Axe Specialization. There are no notable caster or healer axes in TBC.
Maces for TBC Classic Shamans
Maces also make for great Shaman weapons. They come in caster ( Amani Punisher), healer ( Mogor's Anointing Club) and physical damage ( Dragonmaw) varieties.
Staves for TBC Classic Shamans
Staves are powerful two-handed weapons ( Crescent Staff) which you can use as soon as you create your character. This allows them to be the overall fastest leveling weapon option early on, although in the end game you will generally prefer to use a one-hander plus shield or off-hand, instead.
Daggers for TBC Classic Shamans
Caster daggers ( Runesong Dagger) can occasionally be good for Elemental Shamans, but there are not many of them. Physical damage daggers can be good for Enhancement, but are generally discouraged due to their fast speed, which can cause problems with Windfury Weapon as discussed in the first section of this guide.
Fist Weapons for TBC Classic Shamans
There are a few fist weapons Shamans can use in TBC Classic, but they are few and far between. If you get a good one, such as The Bladefist, feel free to use it!
Shields for TBC Classic Shamans
Using a shield will increase your survivability at virtually no cost to your throughput, depending on each shield's specifics stats. This makes them very useful for casters ( Dragonheart Flameshield) and healers ( Aegis of the Vindicator), especially in PvP ( Merciless Gladiator's Redoubt).
Off-Hands for TBC Classic Shamans
There are multiple great healing ( Tears of Heaven) and caster ( Khadgar's Knapsack) off-hands available for Shamans, but Enhancement Shamans will want to use actual weapons in their off-hand slot.
Totems for TBC Classic Shamans
Totems are only usable by Shamans and are quite rare. These go in the ranged slot and give a small contribution to your throughput. There are idols for Enhancement ( Totem of the Astral Winds), Elemental ( Totem of the Storm) and Restoration ( Totem of Healing Rains) Shamans. Totem of the Thunderhead is also worth mentioning, as it is great for soloing with any specialization.
Swords for TBC Classic Shamans
Shamans cannot use Swords.
Polearms for TBC Classic Shamans
Shamans cannot use Polearms.
Crossbows for TBC Classic Shamans
Shamans cannot use Crossbows.
Bows for TBC Classic Shamans
Shamans cannot use Bows.
Guns for TBC Classic Shamans
Shamans cannot use Guns.
Thrown Weapons for TBC Classic Shamans
Shamans cannot use Thrown Weapons.
Leveling Weapons for Shamans in TBC Classic
Look for weapons that have good stats for your specialization: Strength and Agility for Enhancement; Spell/Nature damage and Intellect for Elemental; Healing, Intellect and Mana per 5 for Restoration. You can often find weapons with good stats in the auction house, but remember to be cautious with your gold, as you will also want to be able to train skills and buy your riding skills and associated mounts as you level up.
- Your first blue weapon should be Crescent Staff, which is a quest reward from Leaders of the Fang, which can be done in Wailing Caverns. It has great damage for the level it can be obtained at, and you will be able to use it for a long time;
- Manual Crowd Pummeler drops from Crowd Pummeler 960 in Gnomeregan and has great stats, as well as an amazing on-use effect;
- Look for Corpsemaker in Razorfen Kraul, which is a relevant and somewhat early weapon you can obtain;
- Illusionary Rod in Scarlet Monastery: Library, Ravager in Scarlet Monastery: Armory and Mograine's Might at Scarlet Monastery: Cathedral are all very strong weapons which can be obtained in Scarlet Monastery. Ravager is especially relevant, as its proc causes huge area of effect damage when it activates;
- For caster Shamans, Zum'rah's Vexing Cane, from Zul'Farrak is a great staff, having all the stats you need while leveling up;
- The epic world drops, Flurry Axe and Axe of the Deep Woods, are amazing options that become available soon after you can dual-wield. Use green one-handed weapons with Strength on them until you can afford them!
- Maraudon has Gatorbite Axe and Princess Theradras' Scepter, both of which have good damage and are relatively easy to get. Also, you can get Resurgence Rod from the Corruption of Earth and Seed quest, which has no pre-requisites and only requires you to kill Princess Theradras;
- Rage Reaver can be obtained in one of the first quests you get once you enter the Dark Portal, in Hellfire Peninsula. While you will surely be itching to put Dual Wield to use at this point, if not before, none of the alternative quest rewards are very good for Enhancement and two-handed weapons are perfectly fine to level with, while giving more power per upgrade. You can get a direct upgrade by picking Honed Voidaxe as your Ring of Blood reward, but hopefully by this point you will have another good one-hand weapon you can pair with Mag'hari Fury Brand, instead!
- Elemental and Restoration Shamans can also quickly get The Staff of Twin Worlds from the TBC intro quest, upgrade it into Crystalfire Staff, and later get Battle Mage's Baton (or Mogor's Anointing Club) until Level 70;
- Totem-wise, Totem of Lightning comes from the Colossal Menace quest, which you can pick up at the Cenarion Post in Hellfire Peninsula, near the Zangarmarsh border, and is pretty good for leveling as Elemental. Totem of the Thunderhead can be obtained a bit later, in The Underbog, and might not even drop, but if you can get it, it is absolutely amazing for soloing for all specs!
For more leveling information, please refer to our leveling guide for Shamans.
End-Game Weapons for Shamans in TBC Classic
The ideal end game weapons for Shamans depend on your specialization and the current phase of TBC Classic. We keep this information updated on our gearing guides listed down below:
- 21 Jun. 2021: Added more weapons.
- 31 May 2021: Page added.
- Blizzard Working on an Unannounced Open-World RPG Shooter
- Season of Mastery Beta Update: October 13th
- The Return of Large Groups in Battlegrounds
- WoW Classic Season of Mastery Design Intentions and Details
- Global Battle.net Maintenance: October 6th
- WoW Classic Season of Mastery Beta Notes: October 5th
- Burning Crusade and WoW Classic Hotfixes: October 4th
- Brewfest Extended an Extra Day in Burning Crusade Classic
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- When will we see a pre-patch tbc page?
- Icecold (A) - Ashbringer EU
- Inner Circle Recruiting For TBC
- New onyxia kill time