TBC Classic Feral Druid DPS Guide
Welcome to our Feral Druid DPS guide for TBC Classic, tailored for PvE content. Here, you will learn how all you need to know to play Feral Druid DPS proficiently. Click the links below to navigate the guide or read this page for a short introduction.
While only tank is considered a top tier spec, Balance brings powerful buffs and debuffs to a raid, Restoration is the most mana-efficient healer and excellent in PvP and small groups, while melee DPS is the only spec in the game that can tank and DPS at maximum efficiency with the same talents.
Feral Druids are one of the worst DPS specializations in TBC Classic, but do bring strong utility for their party in Leader of the Pack, and can instantly swap into one of the best tanks while in combat by just going Dire Bear Form. They also bring multiple support spells which can be used during tanking downtime, such as Innervate and Rebirth, both of which are vital in most raid encounters.
In PvP, Feral Druids are strongest in world PvP, thanks to stealth, high burst and high mobility which prevents their targets from escaping. Barkskin, Travel Form and Dire Bear Form also make them exceptionally tough against gankers. Once they get a lot of Resilience, they are among the best flag carrier options in Warsong Gulch, and can dish out a lot of pain in Arenas as well!
If you would like to see where Feral Druids fall in the overall rankings among DPS specs for both PvE and PvP in TBC Classic, we have created pages dedicated to explaining what classes and specializations are the best of the best through multiple factors. However, ultimately, you should not let these lists dissuade you from playing what you enjoy.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Quick leveler and strong solo class, able to stealth, deal high burst damage and heal;
- Best tank / DPS hybrid class, as most talents, and even gear, can be shared between both roles;
- Great physical group support with Leader of the Pack and Improved Leader of the Pack.
- Defenses are gear dependent and surviving can be a struggle until good gear is attained;
- Weak scaling with gear due to reliance on feral attack power on weapons and dots / energy, which do not scale with secondary stats;
- High skill cap class, requiring good dot management, tanking know-how and the advanced powershifting technique for maximum DPS when not tanking.
Best Races for Feral Druids
Unlike other classes, Druids do not have a choice when it comes to race. If you want to go Alliance, you must be Night Elf. If you want to go Horde, you must be Tauren. Thus, your only choice is which faction you want to choose, which you should make based on your guild, friends, or cosmetic and lore preferences.
- Nature Resistance increases your Nature Resistance by 10.
- Quickness increases your Dodge Chance by 1%.
- Shadowmeld is an ability that allows you to become stealthed while standing still when used, on a 10-second cooldown. This cannot be used in combat.
- Wisp Spirit causes you to transform into a wisp upon death, increasing your movement speed by 50% while dead.
Shadowmeld is a powerful ability for PvP which allows you to stealth in a single spot, potentially giving you the opener if you can position yourself carefully. It also allows you to macro Shadowmeld together with your food and water to eat and drink while stealthed, which is especially powerful in the Arena.
- Cultivation increases your Herbalism skill by 15.
- Endurance increases your total health by 5%.
- Nature Resistance increases your Nature Resistance by 10.
- War Stomp is a 2-minute cooldown that stuns up to 5 enemies within 8 yards for 2 seconds, with a 0.5 second cast time.
War Stomp is quite reliable in PvP, often allowing for an emergency Regrowth cast, but has little PvE uses. The 5% increased health from Endurance is minor for DPSing. Finally, Taurens have a larger hitbox (especially males), which grants them a slightly increased casting range, but also makes them be hit by enemy abilities more easily.
Best Professions for Feral Druids
Engineering gives multiple useful bonuses for Feral DPS, such as the extra damage from Super Sapper Charge and Gnomish Flame Turret, the party haste buff from Gnomish Battle Chicken, and powerful stamina trinkets Goblin Rocket Launcher and Gnomish Poultryizer for occasional tanking.
Enchanting also has significant personal benefits due to exclusive ring enchants which will increase your throughput for all of TBC, especially once you can enchant stats on rings, but even striking will be strong early on.
Leatherworking is also a strong profession as it allows you to craft and use the Primal Intent set, which can be used to fill gear gaps early on. You will also get Drums of Battle, which are an important consumable only brought by Leatherworkers, although the early versions of drums are bad for your personal DPS.
Jewelcrafting has relatively weak personal benefits early on, but allows you to craft Hard Khorium Choker by Sunwell, which is more than worth picking the profession up for.
Finally, Alchemy is an excellent gold maker with its transmute recipes and the new elixir, potion, and transmute masteries making it a strong support profession for your alts.
If you would like to learn more about how your profession of choice can be used to supplement your goldmaking, along with a variety of other means to bolster your income, see our full goldmaking guide linked below:
Best Druid Macros and Addons
Using macros and addons makes your life significantly easier when playing TBC Classic, and they can improve your experience a lot, depending on how skilled you are at customizing them.
If you are interested in learning more about addons and macros suited to Feral Druids, check out our guides below:
- 19 Sep. 2021 (Phase 1 gear page): Page restored.
- 09 Sep. 2021 (pre-raid gear page): Added new Phase 2 gear options.
- 28 Aug. 2021 (stats page): Added a note on how Feral critical strikes are higher due to Predatory Instincts.
- 18 Aug. 2021 (gear page): Page added.
- 16 Aug. 2021 (stats page): Added a note on how sitting increases Spirit-based regeneration.
- 27 May 2021 (pre-raid gear page): Guide added.
- 27 May 2021 (enchants page): Guide added.
- 27 May 2021 (stats page): Guide added.
- 27 May 2021 (rotation page): Guide added.
- 27 May 2021 (talents page): Guide added.
- 27 May 2021 (spells page): Guide added.
- 27 May 2021 (this page): Guide added.
- The SEC Launches Activision Blizzard Investigation
- Infinite A'dal Vs. Terokk Fist Fight - Brilliant Bug Use
- Bans Going Out for Ogri'la Quest Exploit, Up to 6 Months + Hilarious Hotfix Consequences
- Tempest Keep Classic Cleared World First by Salad Bakers in a Little Over an Hour
- Serpentshrine Cavern Classic Cleared in Under an Hour World First by Progress
- Burning Crusade Classic: Overlords of Outland Is Now Live!
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 2 "Not a Bug" List
- BCC Phase 2: Overlords of Outland Launch Delayed