WotLK Classic Marksmanship Hunter Enchants and Consumables
On this page, we list the best enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Marksmanship Hunter in WotLK Classic for PvE content.
Wrath of the Lich King requires fewer consumables and enchants than Classic or The Burning Crusade, but each of them is extremely important to maximizing your damage output and survivability in any situation, but especially in Raids and dungeons. Below will be a list of the optimal consumables and enchants to help you get the most out of your Marksmanship Hunter.
Best PvE Enchants for Marksmanship Hunters
|Arcanum of Torment — Revered with Knights of the Ebon Blade.
|Greater Inscription of the Axe, — Exalted with Sons of Hodir
|Enchant Cloak - Major Agility
|Enchant Chest - Powerful Stats
|Enchant Bracers - Greater Assault
|Enchant Gloves - Major Agility
|Icescale Leg Armor
|Enchant Boots - Superior Agility
|Enchant Weapon - Superior Potency or Enchant 2H Weapon - Massacre
Best Gems for Marksmanship Hunters
Relentless Earthsiege Diamond is by far the best option for your Meta Gem, as it gives a considerable amount of crit, increases the damage dealt by your critical strikes by 3%, and is easily activated by Nightmare Tear.
Matching gem sockets is usually the correct strategy as many socket bonuses are geared towards stats that you want, but this will all depend on what the socket bonus actually is. In general, if the socket bonus is a DPS stat, it is worth getting. However, keeping your Meta Gem activated is by far the most important rule when deciding what gems to use. Below is a list of the best gems to use in each color socket.
- In Red Sockets, you will use Delicate Cardinal Ruby.
- In Yellow Sockets, depending on your need for hit you can gem for Glinting Ametrine or Rigid King's Amber. If the socket bonus does not matter and you do not need the yellow activation for your Meta Gem, just use Delicate Cardinal Ruby.
- One of your Blue Sockets should be dedicated to Nightmare Tear. If you need to fill in more Blue Sockets for the socket bonus, go with Shifting Dreadstone. Similarly, just default to Delicate Cardinal Ruby if you do not care about the socket bonus.
Best PvE Glyphs for Marksmanship Hunter
Glyph of Steady Shot, Glyph of Serpent Sting, and Glyph of Explosive Trap are going to be your best choices by far for normal use. If you wanted to optimize for the encounters where you cannot use Explosive Trap, you would replace it with Glyph of Chimera Shot.
Best Consumables for Marksmanship Hunters
Flask of Endless Rage is the best choice by far. It is weighted to be significantly better than other elixir options.
Potion of Speed greatly increases your haste for a short period. Use this both pre-pull and again when it is off cooldown for a considerable DPS increase.
If you are an engineer, you should always make use of the free extra damage that comes from Global Thermal Sapper Charge and Saronite Bomb. These can also be added into macros for easier usage during encounters.
Our Macros guide gives you more information on how to write macros:
- 08 Oct. 2023: Reviewed for Phase 4.
- 30 Jul. 2023: Minor style updates.
- 21 May 2023: Updated for Phase 3 ahead of ToGC raid release.
- 18 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 01 Sep. 2022: Page added.
- Season of Discovery XP Buff Is Live Now!
- WoW Classic Era Maintenance Notes: February 6th
- Blizzard Teases Cozy Sleeping Bag for SoD Phase 2
- Timeline of Blizzard Presidents
- New World Buff Coming in Season of Discovery Phase 2
- A List of All Runes Coming in Season of Discovery Phase 2
- Blizzard Bans GDKP Runs in Season of Discovery Starting February 8
- NO GDKP Runs in Season of Discovery Phase 2