TBC Classic Goldmaking: Using the Zapthrottle Mote Extractor
The Zapthrottle Mote Extractor a powerful tool that allows anyone with Engineering to harvest motes throughout Outland. Motes can be turned into Primals for crafting all kinds of end game items and can fetch a high price on the Auction House.
Zapthrottle Mote Extractor Mote Farming
The Zapthrottle Mote Extractor is a unique tool added in The Burning Crusade expansion and requires 305 Engineering to use, but allows you to harvest motes from gas clouds all throughout Outland. 10 of each mote can be turned into a primal of the same element. You can read more about Motes and Primals in our Alchemy guide.
- Arcane Vortexes in Netherstorm produce Mote of Mana.
- Swamp Gas in Zangarmarsh produce Mote of Water.
- Felmist in Shadowmoon Valley produce Mote of Shadow.
- Windy Clouds in Nagrand produce Mote of Air.
The schematic to craft the Mote Extractor comes from a quest in Zangarmarsh named The Zapthrottle Mote Extractor! (The Zapthrottle Mote Extractor! / The Zapthrottle Mote Extractor!), with the reward coming from K. Lee Smallfry in Telredor for Alliance players and Mack Diver in Zabra'jin for Horde players.
- 03 Jun. 2021: Guide created.
- Wrath Classic Phase 2 Launching on January 17th
- Naxxramas Achievement Rewards to Remain Available Throughout Wrath Classic
- Patch 3.4.1 PTR Development Notes: January 6th
- Summon Gargoyle Changes on the Wrath Classic PTR
- Ahead of the Curve and Cutting Edge Achievements Coming to Wrath Classic
- No Changes Planned for Ulduar Tier Sets Beyond 6 Item Level Bump
- Wrath Classic Season 1 Ends January 9th
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update