The Aldor Reputation and Rewards Guide
The Aldor is a Shattrath City-based faction in TBC. Most of the reputation with them is obtained by doing quests and through repeatable turn-ins.
The Aldor offers a variety of powerful pre-raid items, as well as many profession patterns and several different shoulder enchantments.
The Aldor is a faction made up almost exclusively of Draenei, located in Shattrath City and Shadowmoon Valley. The Aldor reputation offers some of the game's best Shoulder enchantments, as well as extremely useful and unique profession patterns.
Choosing the Aldor
The Aldor reputation is somewhat special in that it is sort of mutually exclusive with the Scryers reputation. Initially, you will have to choose which of the two reputations you wish to progress, and upon choosing the Aldor, you will become Hostile with the Scryers and Friendly with the Aldor, and vice-versa. Moreover, reputation you gain with one of these two factions causes you to lose the same amount plus an additional 10% reputation with the other.
This choice is not permanent, but will take a considerable amount of time and effort to reverse as you will have to farm reputation all the way back up from Hostile.
To begin your reputation with the Aldor you must first complete the A'dal quest, offered by Haggard War Veteran, an NPC who can be found roaming around Shattrath City. This will then unlock the City of Light quest, which will then allow you to choose between the Scryers and Aldor.
Draenei characters will start out with Friendly reputation, while Blood Elves begin at Unfriendly. This does not mean Blood Elf characters cannot gain reputation with the Aldor, just that it takes longer.
Note that you cannot gain reputation from quests or turn-ins with the Aldor until you choose them as described above.
There are several ways of gaining reputation with the Aldor, mainly by turning in items that grant reputation, but there are also some quests in Outland that grant reputation with this faction.
Mark of Kil'jaeden
Mark of Kil'jaeden are the most common of the items you will find that you are able to turn in for reputation with the Aldor. These Marks drop from Cabal mobs in the Bone Wastes of Terokkar Forest and Kil'sorrow mobs in Kil'sorrow Fortress in Nagrand.
You are able to turn in Marks of Kil'jaeden to Adyen the Lightwarden until you reach Honored. This NPC offers the following quests related to the Marks of Kil'jaeden.
- Marks of Kil'jaeden is a one-time quest that will unlock two
repeatable quests once first completed. It requires 10 Marks of Kil'jaeden,
and completion of this quest
will grant you 250 Reputation with the Aldor and unlock these two repeatable
- More Marks of Kil'jaeden grants you 250 reputation in exchange for 10 Mark of Kil'jaeden.
- Single Mark of Kil'jaeden grants you 25 reputation in exchange for 1 Mark of Kil'jaeden.
Mark of Sargeras
Mark of Sargeras is another item that can be turned in to Adyen the Lightwarden, but these can be turned in all the way to Exalted level. They come from higher level members of the Burning Legion throughout Outland, and can be more difficult to acquire than Mark of Kil'jaeden, so saving them until you are no longer able to turn in Marks of Kil'jaeden is recommended. The following quests are offered by Adyen in relation to the Marks of Sargeras.
- Marks of Sargeras is a one-time quest that will unlock two
repeatable quests once first completed. It requires 10 Marks of Sargeras,
and completion of this quest will grant you 250 Reputation with the Aldor and
unlock these two repeatable quests.
- More Marks of Sargeras grants you 250 reputation in exchange for 10 Mark of Sargeras.
- Single Mark of Sargeras grants you 25 reputation in exchange for 1 Mark of Sargeras.
Fel Armament is another item that can be turned in repeatedly in exchange for reputation; this item is turned in to Ishanah, who is located on the Aldor Rise in Shattrath City. Like the Mark of Sargeras, Fel Armaments can be turned in until you reach Exalted reputation with the Aldor.
The Fel Armament is a rare drop that can come from any mobs that are able to drop either Marks of Kil'jaeden or Sargeras.
A Cleansing Light is a one-time quest that turns into a repeatable version of itself (called Fel Armaments) upon completion. Both versions of the quest require 1 Fel Armament in exchange for 350 reputation with the Aldor and 1 Holy Dust.
There are a few quests throughout Outland that give reputation with the Aldor. It is important to note that you must align yourself with the Aldor before completing any of these quests, as you will not gain any reputation from completing them if you did not previously choose Aldor in Shattrath.
- Assist Exarch Orelis (10 reputation)
- Outside Assistance (25 reputation)
- Naaru Technology (75 reputation)
- B'naar Console Transcription (75 reputation)
- Ishanah's Help (150 reputation)
- Aldor No More (150 reputation)
- Distraction at Manaforge B'naar (250 reputation)
- Measuring Warp Energies (250 reputation)
- Shutting Down Manaforge B'naar (250 reputation)
- Attack on Manaforge Coruu (250 reputation)
- Shutting Down Manaforge Coruu (250 reputation)
- Shutting Down Manaforge Duro (250 reputation)
- Sunfury Briefings (250 reputation)
- Shutting Down Manaforge Ara (250 reputation)
- A Dark Pact (250 reputation)
- Socrethar's Shadow (350 reputation)
- Deathblow to the Legion (1000 reputation
- Altruis (75 reputation)
- The Warden's Cage (75 reputation)
- The Ashtongue Corruptors (250 reputation)
- Oronu the Elder (250 reputation)
- Tablets of Baa'ri (250 reputation)
- Reclaiming Holy Grounds (250 reputation)
- The Ashtongue Tribe (250 reputation)
- A Necessary Distraction (250 reputation)
- Karabor Training Grounds (250 reputation)
- Return to the Aldor (75 reputation)
- Varedis Must Be Stopped (1000 Reputation)
There are two different reputation reward vendors for the Aldor, one offering Shoulder enchants and one offering all the other reputation reward items.
Shoulder enchants are purchased from Inscriber Saalyn, who is located in the Aldor bank in Shattrath. Aldor Shoulder enchants are purchased with Holy Dust instead of Gold. Holy Dust is only obtainable by turning in Fel Armaments to Ishanah.
|Honored||Inscription of Discipline||2 Holy Dust|
|Honored||Inscription of Faith||2 Holy Dust|
|Honored||Inscription of Vengeance||2 Holy Dust|
|Honored||Inscription of Warding||2 Holy Dust|
|Exalted||Greater Inscription of Discipline||8 Holy Dust|
|Exalted||Greater Inscription of Faith||8 Holy Dust|
|Exalted||Greater Inscription of Vengeance||8 Holy Dust|
|Exalted||Greater Inscription of Warding||8 Holy Dust|
Aldor Item Rewards
Quartermaster Endarin is the quartermaster for the Aldor and he can also be found in the Aldor bank in Shattrath City.
|Friendly||Design: Smooth Golden Draenite||5|
|Friendly||Pattern: Flameheart Bracers||6 ;|
|Friendly||Plans: Flamebane Bracers||6|
|Honored||Design: Royal Shadow Draenite||5|
|Honored||Pattern: Flameheart Gloves||8|
|Honored||Pattern: Flamescale Belt||8|
|Honored||Plans: Flamebane Gloves||6|
|Honored||Pattern: Silver Spellthread||6|
|Revered||Design: Pendant of Shadow's End||12|
|Revered||Pattern: Blastguard Boots||8|
|Revered||Pattern: Flamescale Boots||8|
|Revered||Pattern: Vindicator's Armor Kit||5|
|Exalted||Medallion of the Lightbearer||79|
|Exalted||Pattern: Flameheart Vest||10|
|Exalted||Pattern: Blastguard Pants||8|
|Exalted||Pattern: Flamescale Leggings||8|
|Exalted||Plans: Flamebane Helm||6|
|Exalted||Pattern: Golden Spellthread||36|
- 26 May 2021: Guide added.
- Announcements We Can Expect this Week? (Speculation Post)
- Hardcore One-Life Ragnaros (and Rest of Molten Core)
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: January 21st
- A Message from Mike Ybarra
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 3, Patch 2.5.3 Notes
- An Excerpt from Bobby Kotick's Email to Staff
- Official Microsoft and Activision Blizzard Announcements on Acquisition
- Microsoft Nears Deal to Buy Activision Blizzard for Nearly $70 Billion
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?