Kurenai Reputation and Rewards Guide
The Kurenai is a Nagrand-based faction in TBC. Most of the reputation with them is obtained by killing Ogres in Nagrand, as well as by doing quests and through repeatable turn-ins.
The Kurenai offers a variety of powerful pre-raid items, as well as many profession patterns, and a desirable talbuk mount.
The Kurenai is a group of broken Draenei that can be found in both Zangarmarsh and Nagrand. Gaining reputation with the Kurenai is exclusive to the Alliance, and doing so will allow you access to the unique Talbuk mounts and some useful Leatherworking and Alchemy recipes.
Alliance players will begin at Unfriendly and the only way to gain reputation initially is to complete the quests at Orebor Harborage, located in Zangarmarsh. Once you complete these quests and achieve Neutral standing, more quests will become available in both Zangarmarsh and Nagrand.
Quests are not the only way to gain reputation, however. Once you have achieved Neutral standing, you will be able to kill Ogres and Kil'sorrow mobs in Nagrand all the way to Exalted. Warbeads can be turned in repeatedly as well, all the way to Exalted, as explained in the sub-section below.
The following quests are available at Unfriendly.
- Ango'rosh Encroachment (500 reputation)
- Overlord Gorefist (500 reputation)
- Daggerfen Deviance (500 reputation)
- Wanted: Chieftain Mummaki (500 reputation)
Once you have achieved Neutral standing, the following quests will become available.
- Lines of Communication (500 reputation)
- Natural Armor (500 reputation)
- Maktu's Revenge (500 reputation)
- Stinger Venom (500 reputation)
- The Terror of Marshlight Lake (500 reputation)
All Kurenai NPCs located in Nagrand require you to be Neutral reputation with the faction in order to interact with them. They offer the following quests.
- Ruthless Cunning (no reputation gain)
- Armaments for Deception (no reputation gain)
- Mo'mor the Breaker (20 reputation)
- Diplomatic Measures (300 reputation)
- Do My Eyes Deceive Me (500 reputation)
- The Ruins of Burning Blade (500 reputation)
- HELP! (500 reputation)
- Corki's Ransom (500 reputation)
- Corki's Gone Missing Again! (500 reputation)
- Fierce Enemies (500 reputation)
- More Obsidian Warbeads (500 reputation)
- Wanted: Giselda the Crone (500 reputation)
- Wanted: Zorbo the Advisor (500 reputation)
- The Ravaged Caravan (500 reputation)
- Solving the Problem (500 reputation)
- Stopping the Spread (500 reputation)
- Message to Telaar (700 reputation)
- Cho'war the Pillager (700 reputation)
- Wanted: Durn the Hungerer (700 reputation)
- The Totem of Kar'dash (700 reputation)
- Not On My Watch! (1000 reputation)
Mobs and Warbeads
In order to reach Exalted with the Kurenai you will be tasked with killing Ogres, Kil'sorrow agents, and turning in Warbeads, since the quests listed above will only get you roughly to Revered. Ogres throughout the zone can all drop Warbeads, while Kil'sorrow NPCs cannot.
- Murkblood Scavengers at Sunspring Post give 2 reputation per kill.
- Murkblood Brutes, Murkblood Putrifiers, and Murkblood Raiders at Sunspring Post give 10 reputation per kill.
- Boulderfist Crushers, Boulderfist Mystics, Boulderfist Mages, and Boulderfist Warriors all grant 10 reputation each and can be found at The Burning Blade Ruins and the North and Southwind Clefts.
- Warmaul Reavers and Warmaul Shamans are located in the Laughing Skull Ruins and give 10 reputation per kill.
- Warmaul Brutes and Warmaul Warlocks can be found at Warmaul Hill and give 10 reputation per kill.
Upon reaching Friendly standing with the Kurenai, Obsidian Warbeads can be turned in to Warden Moi'bff Jill to complete the Fierce Enemies quest, which then turns into a repeatable version of itself (More Warbeads). 10 Warbeads are required for each turn in, and this rewards you with 500 reputation.
Note that these same Warbeads can be turned in for reputation with The Consortium.
Trader Narasu is the Kurenai Quarter Master and can be found inside Telaar's inn.
|Friendly||Pattern: Netherfury Belt||12|
|Honored||Worg Hide Quiver||10|
|Honored||Pattern: Netherfury Leggings||12|
|Honored||Pattern: Drums of Restoration||16|
|Honored||Pattern: Drums of Speed||16|
|Honored||Pattern: Reinforced Mining Bag||5|
|Revered||Band of Elemental Spirits||18|
|Revered||Blackened Leather Spaulders||17|
|Revered||Pattern: Netherfury Boots||12|
|Revered||Recipe: Transmute Primal Fire to Earth||8|
|Exalted||Cloak of the Ancient Spirits||13|
|Exalted||Far Seer's Helm||21|
|Exalted||Reins of the Cobalt Riding Talbuk||70|
|Exalted||Reins of the Silver Riding Talbuk||70|
|Exalted||Reins of the Tan Riding Talbuk||70|
|Exalted||Reins of the White Riding Talbuk||70|
|Exalted||Reins of the Cobalt War Talbuk||100|
|Exalted||Reins of the Silver War Talbuk||100|
|Exalted||Reins of the Tan War Talbuk||100|
|Exalted||Reins of the White War Talbuk||100|
- 27 May 2021: Guide created.
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Wrath Classic Class Vs. Spec Balance, Featuring Retribution Paladins
- Wrath Classic 3.4.1 PTR: Titan Rune Dungeons, Argent Tournament
- Official Controller Support Coming to Wrath Classic in the Ulduar Patch
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: November 18th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Gold Cap Will Not Be Increased in Wrath Classic