Noth the Plaguebringer Encounter Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Noth the Plaguebringer is the first boss of The Plague Quarter in Wrath of the Lich King Classic's version of the Naxxramas Raid and is commonly the fourth encounter of the instance as a whole. Do not forget to be aware of the various Raid Buffs and Debuffs as you work to optimize your Raid Composition for this encounter's mechanics!
Overview of Noth the Plaguebringer in Wrath of the Lich King Classic's Naxxramas
Noth the Plaguebringer is the first boss of The Plague Quarter that you will encounter in Naxxramas, and can be thought of as a reversal of the Heigan the Unclean fight. Rather than waiting for the boss to engage you while summoning adds, you will instead attack Noth before he attempts to retreat to safety and summon reinforcements of his own.
Role-Specific Tips for Noth the Plaguebringer
- Consider pausing your damage-dealing for a moment every time Noth casts Blink, as this ability resets his threat table.
- This fight features many opportunities to deal AoE damage against the multiple minions being summoned.
- Be ready to quickly dispel any Cripple debuffs applied to players, as well as the Curse of the Plaguebringer.
- In addition to needing to gain threat on multiple adds being summoned throughout this encounter, you must be ready to quickly regain threat on Noth himself whenever he casts Blink.
Noth the Plaguebringer Abilities
- Curse of the Plaguebringer — Noth will place this Curse debuff on multiple players. If it is not dispelled in time, it will erupt, turning into Wrath of the Plaguebringer and becoming far more deadly. If this debuff is ever allowed to erupt, it can quickly wipe your raid.
- Cripple — This is another Magic debuff that Noth will frequently apply, sharply reducing any melee player's performance while also snaring them if not dispelled.
- Blink — Periodically, Noth will teleport a short distance while also resetting his threat table.
- Summon Plagued Warrior — Plagued Warriors will occasionally be summoned by Noth from the piles of bones around the room. These enemies can Cleave, but are otherwise weak.
- Teleport — After 1:30 has passed in the encounter, Noth will
teleport to a balcony, gaining immunity. For another 75 seconds he will remain
on this balcony, summoning additional enemies
- Plagued Champion — These skeletal minions are capable of using Mortal Strike on players while also inflicting Shadow damage to all nearby raiders with Shadow Shock.
- Plagued Guardian — This skeletal force is only summoned after Noth has retreated to his balcony for a second time, and is capable of casting Arcane Explosion, hitting all players within 30 yards with Arcane damage.
Strategy for Noth the Plaguebringer
The encounter with Noth the Plaguebringer can be started from realistically anywhere in his room. As you go through this initial phase on the ground, be especially ready to dispel any Curse of the Plaguebringer debuffs that are applied to players, in addition to any Cripple debuffs. Remember that Noth will also reset his threat with every cast of Blink, so give the tanks time to regain his attention.
Once Noth retreats to his balcony, you should focus fully on defeating the skeletal minions that spawn. In particular, you will want to prioritize any Plagued Champions due to their dangerous Shadow Shock. When Noth returns, go back to attacking him until the encounter is finished.
Noth the Plaguebringer Loot
|Dark Shroud of the Scourge
|Ring of the Fated
|Robes of Hoarse Breaths
|Spaulders of Resumed Battle
|Handgrips of the Foredoomed
|Chestplate of the Risen Soldier
|Chains of Adoration
|Libram of Radiance
|Robes of Mutation
|Gloves of the Fallen Wizard
|Bands of Impurity
|Belt of Potent Chanting
|Tunic of Masked Suffering
|Legguards of the Undisturbed
|Gauntlets of the Disobedient
|Shoulderguards of Opportunity
Noth the Plaguebringer is just one of the 15 encounters present in the Naxxramas raid of Wrath of the Lich King Classic. If you would like to learn more about the others, or would like to see the loot tables of every boss at the same time, please see our other pages for the raid below.
- 27 Sep. 2022: Page added
- Season of Discovery XP Buff Is Live Now!
- WoW Classic Era Maintenance Notes: February 6th
- Blizzard Teases Cozy Sleeping Bag for SoD Phase 2
- Timeline of Blizzard Presidents
- New World Buff Coming in Season of Discovery Phase 2
- A List of All Runes Coming in Season of Discovery Phase 2
- Blizzard Bans GDKP Runs in Season of Discovery Starting February 8
- NO GDKP Runs in Season of Discovery Phase 2