Restoration Druid Leveling Guide From 1 to 80 for WotLK Classic
Level by Level Rotation, Talents, and Trainer Skills
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Leveling Talent Tree & Build
Your first talent unlocks at Level 10.
These talents will allow you to be as good of a healer as possible, with safe group play in mind. We recommend the use of a different specialization if you intend to solo level or speed level, as leveling dungeons are easy enough to be healed by a Druid DPS specialization.
In Wrath you will be able to unlock Glyphs that improve your abilities at the following levels:
- Level 15 unlocks your first Major and Minor Glyphs;
- Level 30 unlocks your second Major Glyph;
- Level 50 unlocks your second Minor Glyph;
- Level 70 unlocks your third Minor Glyph;
- Level 80 unlocks your third Major Glyph.
As a Restoration Druid you will want to be using Glyph of Swiftmend and Glyph of Rapid Rejuvenation whenever they become available, with Glyph of Regrowth being a nice alternative early on. In the pre-patch these are not available, and thus you can use Glyph of Rejuvenation and Glyph of Rebirth. The final major glyph is only unlocked at Level 80, at which point you should swap to an end-game build.
Unlike the other specializations, Restoration is meant to be played in a group setting, typically while leveling through dungeons. The rotation below is made with that in mind and details your healing rotation at any given level, which you can adjust with the level slider at the start of the guide.
- Make sure Mark of the Wild is active on you and any party members at all times.
- Make sure Mark of the Wild and Thorns are active on you and any party members at all times.
- Make sure Mark of the Wild and Thorns are active on you and any party members at all times. Melee enemies in between heals when possible for extra Omen of Clarity procs.
- Be in Tree of Life whenever possible for the healing increase and Mana reduction.
- Keep a triple stack of Lifebloom active on the tank if they are taking significant damage.
- Use Wild Growth on cooldown if three or more players are taking damage.
- Keep Rejuvenation active on players taking damage.
- Keep Rejuvenation and Regrowth active on players taking damage.
- Keep Rejuvenation and Regrowth active on players taking damage. Use Swiftmend on players with your heal-over-time effects for extra burst healing if the target is taking heavy damage.
- Heal large amounts of single-target damage with Regrowth spam.
List of Trainer Skills to Buy
Buying everything is, essentially, the way to go, as spell costs are quite low and all of them have uses, even if small ones.
If you are doing a completely new character and want to save as much gold as you can for your mounts, you can opt to buy only the recommended skills for the rotation in the section above.
Restoration Druid Macros and Addons
By setting yourself up with an upgraded user interface and macros from the get-go, you will make your leveling process much easier. Check out our Restoration Druid Macros and Addons guides in the links below for the full list.
Restoration Druid Quests and Weapons
When leveling, stay alert for weapon upgrades you might encounter, as these will improve your experience significantly. You will also need to complete various class quests in order to be able to use your animal forms.
These quests can be different for Horde and Alliance Druids, and the early quests also have differences between Horde races. To help you with both weapons and quests, we have made two dedicated guides:
Playing a Restoration Druid beyond Level 80
Once you reach maximum level, we recommend you dive into our Restoration Druid Guide, which covers everything you need to know about playing Restoration in the end game.
We especially recommend reading through these pages:
- Our Restoration Druid Talent builds guide contains the PvE-oriented builds for Restoration Druids;
- The Restoration Druid Rotation guide contains details on how to perform your rotation optimally in raids;
- Browse the Restoration Druid Stats guide to learn about your stat priority as an Restoration Druid and how they contribute to your performance at maximum level;
- The Gear guide for Restoration Druids contains the best gear pieces to look for at Level 80 in order to maximize your damage;
- 31 Aug. 2022: Page added.
- Season of Discovery XP Buff Is Live Now!
- WoW Classic Era Maintenance Notes: February 6th
- Blizzard Teases Cozy Sleeping Bag for SoD Phase 2
- Timeline of Blizzard Presidents
- New World Buff Coming in Season of Discovery Phase 2
- A List of All Runes Coming in Season of Discovery Phase 2
- Blizzard Bans GDKP Runs in Season of Discovery Starting February 8
- NO GDKP Runs in Season of Discovery Phase 2