Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L0rinda

hearthstone Blizzard Introduces a Welcome Bundle for Hearthstone

23 posts in this topic

UodiVj8.jpg

Blizzard have introduced a $5 Welcome Bundle for Hearthstone.

A common complaint from new players is that it is hard to catch up with people who have been playing for a long time. The new Welcome Bundle is another step, alongside friend quests, and Tavern Brawls, towards closing that gap. 

The bundle will contain a free class Legendary, and ten packs. All players will be able to get the deal once per account. I believe that it is particularly good for new players though, as they are the ones who can get the best use out of the commons provided. I also like the idea of giving a class legendary and giving new players some direction to focus on. Overall, I think that this a great idea from Blizzard.

The full article can be found here.

Do other people feel as good as me about this? Feel free to comment below on whether you'll be buying the Welcome Bundle or not.

4 people like this

That's a really good deal, though it's still spending money on imaginary cards.But hey, I spent over 800 hours on the game, so maybe the 5 bucks are fine compared to that. Maybe my main account won't be a F2P account anymore.
I think it's worth noting that the class legendary is from Classic set as well, which means I won't get Anomalus for the third time (inb4 Dank Kush).

1 person likes this

that included legendary is a very nice bonus. i didn't craft much so it took months before my first legendary dropped. especially cool if they get an enigmatic one like Garrosh or Ragnaros. Maybe not 100% competitive in decks but would be fun for a new comer to get :D

That is a great deal for beginners.  Five bucks is a small concession to abate the horrible card curve you have to surmount as a new player.

In honesty, anything that helps new players is good IMO. Glad to see Blizzard actively trying to help out those that don't have the cards to play or the money to spend.

2 people like this

Just another example of Blizzard being awesome. Super cheap and automatic legendary. Most classic class legendaries are still really critical cards too, or at worst are viable tech cards.

16 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

Being forced to play Novice Engineer

Forced?

I play it in every deck, it's my MVP!

2 people like this

Solid deal! Now I can get a free Antonidas (always lucky), and still get those value common cards like wisp!

This is a good idea. A continuation of the "get C'Thun and 2 minions for free" along with your first WotOG pack as a push in the back just to get people started. Even a single Legendary like Grommash Hellscream or Tirion Fordring would tremendously boost a beginner's deck.

Normally, I'm adamant on NEVER forking out a single cent on F2P games and drudging through as a matter of principle (why pay if you can get it for free?), but for the first time I'm considering breaking that rule. It's really nice to see Blizzard pay attention to their community. Helping beginners, trying to rebalance Arena... As much as I sometimes vent about them, this time they deserve the double thumbs-up!

1 hour ago, Keizoku said:

Normally, I'm adamant on NEVER forking out a single cent on F2P games and drudging through as a matter of principle (why pay if you can get it for free?), but for the first time I'm considering breaking that rule. It's really nice to see Blizzard pay attention to their community. Helping beginners, trying to rebalance Arena... As much as I sometimes vent about them, this time they deserve the double thumbs-up!

I'm sure you're not alone in this and I'm even more sure that Blizzard knows that :p It's an awesome idea anyway.

Sounds like a good deal to me!

I have been playing HS since the start though, and have a lot of legendaries already, not nearly all of them though (looking at you antonidas!).

Will the system give me any random legendary, or is there a failsafe of not getting one you already have?

2 hours ago, Tectonn said:

Sounds like a good deal to me!

I have been playing HS since the start though, and have a lot of legendaries already, not nearly all of them though (looking at you antonidas!).

Will the system give me any random legendary, or is there a failsafe of not getting one you already have?

Doesn't seem to be anything about duplicates in the main post, unless I'm missing something obvious. Regardless of which one I get, it'll be dust anyway. Just nice to have the extra dust for future launches!

Welp, I crafted an Antonidas and opened a Velen, so... I promise I won't be sad if I get King Krush or Al'Akir, just don't give me a dup please!

(Of course if I could get Grom or Tirion or Edwin that would be really awesome.)

2 hours ago, mgoetze said:

Welp, I crafted an Antonidas and opened a Velen, so... I promise I won't be sad if I get King Krush or Al'Akir, just don't give me a dup please!

(Of course if I could get Grom or Tirion or Edwin that would be really awesome.)

Tirion is such a game changer tbh. Would be awesome to open for F2P players. Same goes for Antonidas

14 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

How and where do we get this and is it obtainable through google play store?

It hasn't released yet I don't think, I believe it's meant to be the next patch which is technically today? Guess we'll find out!

I might actually put the 5 dollars into this if old accounts are allowed to purchase it.

30 minutes ago, SithLordOfSnark said:

I might actually put the 5 dollars into this if old accounts are allowed to purchase it.

It should be possible for older accounts to purchase this bundle. The only limitation I am aware of is that you can purchase it only once. 

11 hours ago, positiv2 said:

It should be possible for older accounts to purchase this bundle. The only limitation I am aware of is that you can purchase it only once. 

You are correct, any account can buy it once.

On 9/13/2016 at 6:42 PM, mgoetze said:

Welp, I crafted an Antonidas and opened a Velen, so...

...obviously I got an Antonidas. :((

9 hours ago, mgoetze said:

...obviously I got an Antonidas. :((

You shouldn't have said anything :( Jinxed it