Jump to content
FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
L0rinda

Blizzard Introduces a Welcome Bundle for Hearthstone

Recommended Posts

UodiVj8.jpg

Blizzard have introduced a $5 Welcome Bundle for Hearthstone.

A common complaint from new players is that it is hard to catch up with people who have been playing for a long time. The new Welcome Bundle is another step, alongside friend quests, and Tavern Brawls, towards closing that gap. 

The bundle will contain a free class Legendary, and ten packs. All players will be able to get the deal once per account. I believe that it is particularly good for new players though, as they are the ones who can get the best use out of the commons provided. I also like the idea of giving a class legendary and giving new players some direction to focus on. Overall, I think that this a great idea from Blizzard.

The full article can be found here.

Do other people feel as good as me about this? Feel free to comment below on whether you'll be buying the Welcome Bundle or not.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a really good deal, though it's still spending money on imaginary cards.But hey, I spent over 800 hours on the game, so maybe the 5 bucks are fine compared to that. Maybe my main account won't be a F2P account anymore.
I think it's worth noting that the class legendary is from Classic set as well, which means I won't get Anomalus for the third time (inb4 Dank Kush).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that included legendary is a very nice bonus. i didn't craft much so it took months before my first legendary dropped. especially cool if they get an enigmatic one like Garrosh or Ragnaros. Maybe not 100% competitive in decks but would be fun for a new comer to get :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In honesty, anything that helps new players is good IMO. Glad to see Blizzard actively trying to help out those that don't have the cards to play or the money to spend.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@demonardvarkSadly, Ragnaros the Firelord is a neutral legendary and therefore is not obtainable from the bundle (unless opened in a pack).

@Darkjester79The curve is okay, but the value, that is something really bad. Being forced to play Novice Engineer or Razorfen Hunter is nothing that I would want to go through again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just another example of Blizzard being awesome. Super cheap and automatic legendary. Most classic class legendaries are still really critical cards too, or at worst are viable tech cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a good idea. A continuation of the "get C'Thun and 2 minions for free" along with your first WotOG pack as a push in the back just to get people started. Even a single Legendary like Grommash Hellscream or Tirion Fordring would tremendously boost a beginner's deck.

Normally, I'm adamant on NEVER forking out a single cent on F2P games and drudging through as a matter of principle (why pay if you can get it for free?), but for the first time I'm considering breaking that rule. It's really nice to see Blizzard pay attention to their community. Helping beginners, trying to rebalance Arena... As much as I sometimes vent about them, this time they deserve the double thumbs-up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keizoku said:

Normally, I'm adamant on NEVER forking out a single cent on F2P games and drudging through as a matter of principle (why pay if you can get it for free?), but for the first time I'm considering breaking that rule. It's really nice to see Blizzard pay attention to their community. Helping beginners, trying to rebalance Arena... As much as I sometimes vent about them, this time they deserve the double thumbs-up!

I'm sure you're not alone in this and I'm even more sure that Blizzard knows that :p It's an awesome idea anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a good deal to me!

I have been playing HS since the start though, and have a lot of legendaries already, not nearly all of them though (looking at you antonidas!).

Will the system give me any random legendary, or is there a failsafe of not getting one you already have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tectonn said:

Sounds like a good deal to me!

I have been playing HS since the start though, and have a lot of legendaries already, not nearly all of them though (looking at you antonidas!).

Will the system give me any random legendary, or is there a failsafe of not getting one you already have?

Doesn't seem to be anything about duplicates in the main post, unless I'm missing something obvious. Regardless of which one I get, it'll be dust anyway. Just nice to have the extra dust for future launches!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp, I crafted an Antonidas and opened a Velen, so... I promise I won't be sad if I get King Krush or Al'Akir, just don't give me a dup please!

(Of course if I could get Grom or Tirion or Edwin that would be really awesome.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mgoetze said:

Welp, I crafted an Antonidas and opened a Velen, so... I promise I won't be sad if I get King Krush or Al'Akir, just don't give me a dup please!

(Of course if I could get Grom or Tirion or Edwin that would be really awesome.)

Tirion is such a game changer tbh. Would be awesome to open for F2P players. Same goes for Antonidas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

How and where do we get this and is it obtainable through google play store?

It hasn't released yet I don't think, I believe it's meant to be the next patch which is technically today? Guess we'll find out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SithLordOfSnark said:

I might actually put the 5 dollars into this if old accounts are allowed to purchase it.

It should be possible for older accounts to purchase this bundle. The only limitation I am aware of is that you can purchase it only once. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, positiv2 said:

It should be possible for older accounts to purchase this bundle. The only limitation I am aware of is that you can purchase it only once. 

You are correct, any account can buy it once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...