Grommash Hellscream — Warrior Card
Table of Contents
Grommash Hellscream is a Warrior-only minion. This card can be obtained from expert packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Grommash Hellscream is an interesting card. On raw stats and ability alone, it seems as though it should be used as a removal spell. Warrior has plenty of better options for this though, and it is actually the synergy with Warrior's Whirlwind style effects that makes Grommash playable. When combined with any of these effects Grommash becomes a 10/8 Charge minion, which is often more than enough to close out a game.
2. Constructed Play
When Grommash is included in Constructed decks, it is usually as a closer. The ability to do 10 points of Charge damage is a strong one, but it does need to be backed up with damage from other sources. Alexstrasza is usually a good synergy choice in your deck when playing Grommash. Since the release of Dead Man's Hand in the Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion, Warrior Control decks have concentrated more on shutting the opponent out of the game, and less on having specific closing cards. This has lowered the number of uses for Grommash in Constructed, as Dead Man's Hand is usually more efficient and less reliant on combining with other cards.
In Arena, Grommash is usually going to be drafted as a removal card. This can make it seem expensive for what it does, but it will also hang around as a must-kill minion with a relatively high health total even after it has removed an enemy minion. This makes Grommash a very strong pick in Arena.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Wild Dragon Warrior Deck
- Control Warrior Deck
- Fatigue Control Warrior Deck
- Wild Fatigue Control Warrior Deck
- Wild N'Zoth Control Warrior Deck
- Tempo Warrior Deck
- Theo's Top 20 Legend Deathknight Tempo Warrior Deck
- Aojiru's Tempo Warrior Deck
- Fibonacci Spring Prelim Control Warrior Deck
- Grim Patron Warrior Wild Un'Goro Deck
- Arcane Giant Grim Patron Warrior Wild Un'Goro Deck
- Midrange Tempo Warrior Wild Un'Goro Deck
- Did Seeping Oozeling Just Receive A Post-Spoiler Buff?
- Silver Vanguard Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Lone Champion Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Seeping Oozeling Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Spiteful Summoner Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Black Friday Sales For Various Blizzard Games
- Zola the Gorgon Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Rummaging Kobold Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs
- Something stupid like ...
- Aggro Paladin Deck List
- Toxin Cards
- Aggro Rogue Deck List
- Deck Request Thread
- Make it cheap #2 Budget Cannibal Warlock
- The Lich King
- Make it cheap #1 Budget Aggro Priest