Damien

Midrange Shaman Gadgetzan Wild

10 posts in this topic

A VERY effective deck.
Should I replace Bloodmage Thalnos with Kobold Geomancer?

Until now that workes well, but I see why Thalnos would be a better card.
Mid / Lategame the 2/2 compared to 1/1 doesnt do a lot, but the card draw is quite good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WedgeAntilles said:

A VERY effective deck.
Should I replace Bloodmage Thalnos with Kobold Geomancer?

Until now that workes well, but I see why Thalnos would be a better card.
Mid / Lategame the 2/2 compared to 1/1 doesnt do a lot, but the card draw is quite good.

The card draw in comparison to lower stats is just too good to pass.
General tips: Unlike rogue, you should almost never play Bloodmage Thalnos in early game to cycle or to have some kind of board presence. You don't need to protect the Bloodmage Thalnos at all cost (which a lot of players do). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just realized that I misphrased my posting. Sorry.
I don't have Thalnos and the best replacement I could think off was Kobold Geomancer.
Or is there a better replacement?

I totally agree that Thalnos is the better solution, and I hope I'll be able to craft him soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

I just realized that I misphrased my posting. Sorry.
I don't have Thalnos and the best replacement I could think off was Kobold Geomancer.
Or is there a better replacement?

I totally agree that Thalnos is the better solution, and I hope I'll be able to craft him soon.

Sorry. Kobold Geomancer is the card to go since the release of Spirit Claws and Maelstrom Portal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Guest AsdABűvössárkány said:

WHERE IS 4 MANA 7/7

Shaman in wild has so many more options that 4 mana 7/7 is just not good enough anymore. This deck also runs only one Tunnel Trogg, so the Flamewreathed Faceless synergy is reduced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WedgeAntilles said:

What do u think of Healing Wave instead of Jinyu Waterspeaker?

Vs aggrodecks, chances aren't bad for 14 heal - which is huge for 3 mana.

And I guess Jinyu Waterspeaker has been included mostly because of the new aggrodecks.

Jinyu Waterspeaker is, unlike Healing Wave, fine against control and midrange decks - reno decks and dragon priest. If you face simply way too many aggro decks, you can do the swap. So, Jinyu Waterspeaker is the step between no tech and tech all the way (which is the Healing Wave).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/12/2016 at 4:17 AM, positiv2 said:

Jinyu Waterspeaker is, unlike Healing Wave, fine against control and midrange decks - reno decks and dragon priest. If you face simply way too many aggro decks, you can do the swap. So, Jinyu Waterspeaker is the step between no tech and tech all the way (which is the Healing Wave).

Jinyu is also a body which can contest the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Value Reno Mage Gadgetzan Standard deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Burn Reno Mage Gadgetzan Standard deck.
    • By Zadina
      We have a new Tavern Brawl this week! Its name is Spellbook Duel.
      For this Brawl, you choose your class and then you pick 10 different cards to fill your deck. Instead of drawing cards each turn, you Discover a copy of a card from your deck. If you use card drawing mechanics, like Arcane Intellect, you don't actually draw from your deck. You will, in fact, get a 1-mana spell called Peruse, which again allows you to Discover a copy of a card from your deck.
      Obviously, there are a lot of possible deck combinations you can use to tackle this new Tavern Brawl. The first things that pop into mind are anything that contains Reno Jackson and Kazakus, as well as Jade Druid to extend the possibility of getting these precious Jade Idols. Once again, Mage is the clear winner of this Brawl with cards like Sorcerer's Apprentice, Arcane Intellect and Flamewaker.
      Bear in mind that some cards are not recommended, since they remove cards from your Discover pool. Examples are Fel Reaver and Tracking. Moreover, cards that put another card directly into play, like Mysterious Challenger and Mad Scientist, will also make your Discover pool smaller. Lastly, according to a Reddit user, Renounce Darkness won't deduct 1 mana from the cards you discover throughout the game.
      There are already a lot of disgusting decks for Spellbook Duel out there. We are waiting for your suggestions and any other useful info in the comments!