Samurai Job Changes in Endwalker Patch 6.0
This page includes all of the changes that were made to the Samurai job in the release patch of Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker, Patch 6.0.
Samurai Action Changes in Patch 6.0
In Endwalker, Samurai has been streamlined. Its damage and haste buffs have been renamed, and are now granted when using a combo ender during Meikyo Shisui. Its capstone ability is a devastating conal attack and a follow up, both among the hardest hitting skills in the game at 800 and 1200 potency respectively.
Samurai Weaponskill Changes in Patch 6.0
Changes to Samurai Weaponskills
- Hakaze potency changed from 200 to 150.
- Jinpu combo potency changed from 320 to 250. The combo bonus was also updated, as the Jinpu buff was renamed to Fugetsu.
- Enpi range changed from 15 yalms to 20 yalms. The Enhanced Enpi bonus potency changed from 320 to 260.
- Shifu combo potency changed from 320 to 250. The combo bonus was also updated, as the Shifu buff was renamed to Fuka.
- Fuga potency changed from 100 to 90.
- Gekko now delivers an attack with a potency of 100, 150 potency when executed from the target's rear. The combo potency is 320, 370 potency when executed from the target's rear. It increases the Kenki Gauge by 10, and grants Getsu, one of the three Sens.
- Mangetsu combo potency changed from 160 to 110. The combo bonus was also updated, and now grants the Fugetsu buff.
- Kasha now delivers an attack with a potency of 100, 150 potency when executed from the target's flank. The combo potency is 320, 370 potency when executed from the target's flank. It increases the Kenki Gauge by 10, and grants Ka, one of the three Sens.
- Mangetsu combo potency changed from 160 to 110. The combo bonus was also updated, and now grants the Fuka buff.
- Yukikaze combo potency changed from 360 to 280.
New Samurai Weaponskills
- Fuko delivers an attack with a potency to 100 to all nearby enemies. It also increases the Kenki Gauge by 10, and is upgraded from Fuga.
- Ogi Namikiri delivers an attack to all enemies in a cone before you with a potency of 800 for the first enemy and 75% less for all remaining enemies. Grants a stack of Meditation, up to a maximum of 3. Can only be executed under the effect of Ogi Namikiri Ready. This action will change to Kaeshi: Namikiri upon execution.
Samurai Ability Changes in Patch 6.0
Changes to Samurai Abilities
- Third Eye no longer grants Open Eyes when hit. Instead, it it increases Kenki Gauge by 10 when hit.
- Meikyo Shisui now grants Fugetsu when landing Gekko and Fuka when landing Kasha. It does not affect Iaijutsu as well as Ogi Namikiri. It now allows for the accumulation of two charges.
- Hissatsu: Shinten potency changed from 320 to 270.
- Hissatsu: Kyuten potency changed from 150 to 110.
- Ikishoten now grants Ogi Namikiri Ready for a duration of 30 seconds. The recast time changed from 60 seconds to 120 seconds.
- Hissatsu: Guren potency changed from 850 to 500. It now deals 50% less potency for all remaining enemies, and the cost was changed from 50 Kenki Gauge to 25 Kenki Gauge.
- Hissatsu: Senei potency changed from 1100 to 800. The cost was changed from 50 Kenki Gauge to 25 Kenki Gauge.
- Tsubame-gaeshi now allows for the accumulation of two charges.
- Shoha potency changed from 400 to 580.
- Tsubame-gaeshi now no longer grants stacks of Meditate, but Ogi Namikiri does. It shares a recast timer with Shoha II.
New Samurai Abilities
- Shoha II delivers an attack with a potency of 200 to all nearby enemies. It can only be executed after accumulating three stacks of Meditation by executing Iaijutsu, Meditate, or Ogi Namikiri while in combat. Meditation effect fades upon execution. Shares a recast timer with Shoha.
- Kaeshi: Namikiri delivers an attack to all enemies in a cone before you with a potency of 1200 for the first enemy and 75% less for all remaining enemies. Triggers the cooldown of weaponskills upon execution, and cannot be executed during the cooldown of weaponskills.
Changes to Samurai Iaijutsu
- Higanbana potency changed from 250 to 200. Potency for damage over time changed from 40 to 30.
- Tenka Goken potency changed from 360 to 280.
- Midare Setsugekka potency changed from 800 to 660.
- Kaeshi: Higanbana potency changed from 375 to 300. Potency for damage over time changed from 60 to 35. No longer grants a stack of Meditation.
- Kaeshi: Goken potency changed from 540 to 420. No longer grants a stack of Meditation.
- Kaeshi: Setsugekka potency changed from 1200 to 990. No longer grants a stack of Meditation.
Removed Samurai Actions
Merciful Eyes and Hissatsu: Seigan were both removed. Third Eye now directly grants Kenki when the barrier breaks.
Samurai Trait Changes in Patch 6.0
Changes to Samurai Traits
- Kenki Mastery has been updated to reflect the Third Eye change.
- Enhanced Fugetsu and Fuka have mentioned that Jinpu and Shifu are renamed to Fugetsu and Fuka.
New Samurai Traits
- Enhanced Tsubame-gaeshi allows the accumulation of two charges for consecutive usages of Tsubame-gaeshi.
- Fuga Mastery upgrades Fuga to Fuko.
- Enhanced Meikyo Shisui allows the accumulation of two charges for consecutive usages of Meikyo Shisui.
- Enhanced Ikishoten grants Ogi Namakiri Ready upon successfully landing Ikishoten for a duration of 30 seconds.
- 19 Dec. 2021: Page added.
More FFXIV Content
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- FFXIV PLL #76 Recap - 6.4 Live Letter Part 1
- FFXIV PLL #75 Recap - 6.3 Live Letter Part 2
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- FFXIV PLL #74 Recap - 6.3 Live Letter Part 1
- Final Fantasy XIV will be in AGDQ2023 on Friday, January 13th
- FFXIV Announces Return to PAX AUS
- "Tales from the Dawn": Final Story Released