The Dead Ends Full Dungeon Guide
Welcome to our guide to The Dead Ends, the sixth dungeon of Endwalker. This guide aims to prepare players for the dungeon so they will know what to expect, with simple mechanic instructions and notes on what to watch out for.
Here, at the edge of the universe, await as many stories as there are stars in its sea. Of rises and falls, of beginnings and ends...of a little bird who left home with hope, yet nested in sorrow. Hearken unto these tales to be told...
Unlocking The Dead Ends
The Dead Ends can be unlocked at level 90 during the main scenario quest "Endwalker." It is the final main scenario dungeon players will encounter in Endwalker and is located in Ultima Thule. There is a minimum item level restriction of 540 to enter.
Full Dungeon Guide for The Dead Ends
First Boss Trash Mobs
- Warped Flesh (Pudding)
- Terminal Bloom is an AoE.
None of the trash mobs are threatening besides heavier auto-attack damage compared to previous dungeons. Standing in the poison pools will do damage over time, so be sure to avoid them.
- Pox Flail is a tank buster.
- Blighted Water is a stack.
- Befoulment are marked AoEs on all players.
- A wind will blow from the north or from the south at the beginning of the fight.
- Miasmata will deal raidwide damage and summon orbs that pulse point-blank AoEs. They will be moved in the direction the wind is blowing.
- Cough Up will place AoEs under players and inflict players with Craven Companionship. Players need to stack with each other to avoid being inflicted with Hysteria.
- Wave of Nausea is a donut. If players got Hysteria, they will likely randomly move out.
- Players inflicted with Necrosis must be cleansed or they will die when the debuff expires.
- Subsequent Miasmata will be accompanied with a Wave of Nausea, so stay inside and then dodge the AoEs.
Second Boss Trash Mobs
- Airborne Freedom Fighter
- Air Blast is a line AoE.
- Landed Freedom Fighter
- Photon Burst is a circular AoE.
None of the trash mobs are threatening besides heavier auto-attack damage compared to previous dungeons. There will be AoEs on the ground, but none of them will cover the main path after mobs are pulled.
- Decimation deals raidwide damage.
- A ring of fire will appear around the arena after the first time this is cast, inflicting a fire DoT to any player who stands inside of it.
- Electromagnetic Repellant is an AoE that leaves behind a static field, inflicting a DoT to players standing inside.
- The Peacekeeper will deploy cannons and fire line AoEs with Order to Fire . There will be marked AoEs on players during this point.
- No Future will fire many AoEs. Players need to spread out and dodge, as there will also be marked AoEs on players during this phase.
- Peacefire fires rotating AoEs around the arena. This is accompanied by Electromagnetic Repellant and Order to Fire. Players have to rotate around the arena and then spread out.
- Eclipsing Exhaust is a knockback. There will be AoEs at the edge of the arena with a few safe spots - either use knockback prevention abilities or get knocked back into a safe spot.
- Elimination is a tank buster.
Final Boss Trash Mobs
- Revelation is a circular AoE.
- Creeping Hush is a conal AoE on a random party member.
None of the trash mobs are threatening besides heavier auto-attack damage compared to previous dungeons due to the scaling.
- Warm Glow deals moderate raidwide damage.
- Pity is a tank buster.
- Ra-la will cast Prance, jumping around the room and leaving circles. The circles will explode in an AoE in the order that the boss pranced on top of them.
- Ra-la will then jump the edge of the arena and cast Lifesbreath, a line AoE. Butterflies will spawn from it, which do a line AoE in the direction they are pointing.
- If players are hit, they will be inflicted with Doom. This can only be cleansed if the player is fully healed.
- Benevolence is a stack marker.
- Loving Embrace is a half-room cleave, the side of which depends on which wing is glowing.
- Still Embrace marks all party members with AoEs.
- The second time Lifesbreath is cast, it will be accompanied with a Loving Embrace. Dodge the butterfly AoEs on the correct side of the arena.
This dungeon, along with the other two endgame dungeons, drop item level 560 The Last accessories.
- 10 Dec. 2021: Guide added.
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- FFXIV - Fan Festival 2024 in Tokyo: How to Watch It Live Online!
- FFXIV - Hairstyle Contest Winners Announced! See The Amazing Designs Here!
- FFXIV - Get The Collectors Edition For Half The Price!
- FFXIV - Cloud Data Center Stress Test
- FFXIV - Fan Festival: Third Round of Merchandise Available for Pre-Order
- FFXIV - Endwalker EP5: A Mini-Album of Epic Music
- FFXIV - Callback Campaign: Invite Your Friends and Get Rewards