FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S19 Hearthstone Warrior Cheap Grim Patron OTK BrM

Guest LordIG

Hi Sottle,

I watched you coaching this deck yesterday and I tried to play it again. I don't understand what goes wrong: I l've got a win rate of 25% only. There are many control decks in the ladder and almost every time I don't have anything in my hand in the end: Frothing Berserker is no win condition if there're two or more taunts on the board ... Against rush decks I lose because of too low defense. The earlier version with Dread Corsair and one more War Axe seemed to work better for me; but, don't know, it was before TGT. But probably it's only lack of skill sad.png

Guest Green

Hi Sottle,

I watched you coaching this deck yesterday and I tried to play it again. I don't understand what goes wrong: I l've got a win rate of 25% only. There are many control decks in the ladder and almost every time I don't have anything in my hand in the end: Frothing Berserker is no win condition if there're two or more taunts on the board ... Against rush decks I lose because of too low defense. The earlier version with Dread Corsair and one more War Axe seemed to work better for me; but, don't know, it was before TGT. But probably it's only lack of skill sad.png

I have the same problem. Against most fast decks, I am dead or overrun before I can even think of combo's.

Guest Greenie

The biggest problem with this deck?

The animations in Hearthstone (mainly the stat-changing of minions) are simply too slow to finish my big combo turns. 

(Sottle is free to correct me on this,I'm a pretty average PW player)

I think one of the things you need to learn with this deck is to recognise what your win condition is against each type of deck. I base this off my own gameplay experience and watching players like Sottle play the deck.

Against things like face hunter, aggro pally,zoo and probably most aggro decks, along with druid(which doesn't have many ways to aoe clear a board of patrons) simply surviving until you can get 4-5 patrons on the board(even without warsong) is usually enough to win, because they don't have removal for this kind of board and you will eventually simply kill every threat they play with your patrons and win with repetitive minion damage. This also means that playing one frothing out early as a tempo play if you have nothing better to do is usually fine. You should also try to maximize the amount of armor you get over the course of the game off armorsmiths/hero power.

Now, against control decks like priest you can't often win like this,because they play AoE in their decks and they will simply destroy your patron board after your turn. However, against these decks you can also afford to be a lot more greedy with your combo pieces(due to them taking longer to kill you), which means you can just try to proc thaurissan on a hand like frothing, warsong, patron and one or two whirlwind effect cards. After you accomplish this, you can just kill them in one turn.

Handlock specifically is a tough match up, but the best thing you can do is to try to bypass their taunted giants with execute and not put them into molten range until you can set up your lethal turn.

Lastly, drawing cards correctly is one of the most important aspects of playing this deck. You should try to get used to recognising when and how to use your card draw mechanics, which will greatly improve the consistency of your gameplay. A seemingly simple thing like playing acolyte out,inner raging it, and using battle rage can often be enough to make the difference between winning and losing the game later on. However, there will be desperate times when you actually need to battle rage for a single card, and you just need to accept it rather than trying to get greedy.

Yeah, like Sottle said this deck isn't exactly pick up and play.

Edited by batanete

Guest Guest

Are there any tips for this deck? I'm having about40~50% win-rate for this deck in ranked. When I lose, it is usually when both me and the enemy are on very low health, and I've reached fatique(There are even occasions where I completely do not have any cards left).

Winning with this deck feel very satisfying when I attack the enemy hero with my 5 patron and a 10+ frothing.biggrin.png

Guest truxon

Would it be a good idea to put Sylvanas in this deck?

Would it be a good idea to put Sylvanas in this deck?

You won't find the place. Patron is a combo deck and you don't really need that many proactive plays to win. You just need armour to survive till turn 8-10 and then play your combo. Missing one combo piece can lose you the game and losing is simply worse than winning, isn't it? So no, don't include her.

Guest Guest

Just tried this and I destroyed a priest so hard I felt really bad about it cause I remember being in the same situation.

I love that this forum has reached the point where there are kind members who answer questions for me with enough knowledge that I don't even have to follow up. Keep it up guys :)

• Like 2

Guest sedivine

is this deck about to die with the upcoming warsong changes? will grim patron even still be used by warriors? curious because i was about to buy the first wing of blackrock mountain. 

I love that this forum has reached the point where there are kind members who answer questions for me with enough knowledge that I don't even have to follow up. Keep it up guys smile.png

(I know the post wasn't directed at me,but i also try my best to help out people who post here)

Even if doing this if your job,you put the time and effort to entertain us with your stream(and your frequent rages make me laugh) as well as provide us with the decks on the website,so i think it's the least we could do,

Also just so you know,you will be my very first subscription on twitch as soon as i get a chance to do it.

Guest 88Pong

I love Patron Warrior, it is cheap, strong and versatile. Blizzard in my opinion doesn't think Patron is healthy to the meta and competitive play as well as their business. It is a very cheap deck (yes it is required 3500 gold to get Death's bite, Patron and Emperor Thaurrisian). Cheap deck with this kind of power will definitely destroyed Blizzard business model. Why? Because once everyone understand the way it plays and collect the required cards, most player will climbed with it. Less people will buy more packs or adventure since they can get Legend top 10 with it. Since Patron warrior destroys anything and any class (yes including Chillmaw that Ben Brode himself said it supposed to be the counter to patron), it is not healthy to Blizzard banking future. In the past they had nerf the same deck archetype, cheap and notorius. Why not nerf expensive and notorius deck? Because it's good for Blizzard's business. Expensive and notorius requires more packs with random cards in it and more expansion and more dust. It does make sense though, expensive means they have more answers and stay longer at late game situation. Why hunter still live? well they are required to keep the new player/casual around and the only way to stop rexxar is to take away his bow which Blizzard will never able to. That's why they add more and more taunt to stop Hunter. But taunt can't stop Patron Warrior, by turn 10 it's apocalypse.

I love Patron Warrior, it is cheap, strong and versatile. Blizzard in my opinion doesn't think Patron is healthy to the meta and competitive play as well as their business. It is a very cheap deck (yes it is required 3500 gold to get Death's bite, Patron and Emperor Thaurrisian). Cheap deck with this kind of power will definitely destroyed Blizzard business model. Why? Because once everyone understand the way it plays and collect the required cards, most player will climbed with it. Less people will buy more packs or adventure since they can get Legend top 10 with it. Since Patron warrior destroys anything and any class (yes including Chillmaw that Ben Brode himself said it supposed to be the counter to patron), it is not healthy to Blizzard banking future. In the past they had nerf the same deck archetype, cheap and notorius. Why not nerf expensive and notorius deck? Because it's good for Blizzard's business. Expensive and notorius requires more packs with random cards in it and more expansion and more dust. It does make sense though, expensive means they have more answers and stay longer at late game situation. Why hunter still live? well they are required to keep the new player/casual around and the only way to stop rexxar is to take away his bow which Blizzard will never able to. That's why they add more and more taunt to stop Hunter. But taunt can't stop Patron Warrior, by turn 10 it's apocalypse.

There are plenty of other legend viable decks that don't have any legendaries or epics. I'm pretty sure that had nothing to do with the nerf,whether you agree that it was right or not.

Guest Marcostark

What do I do with this deck now? I worked so hard to build it and now they changed the power of the warsong comander and with it the entire deck :/ such a shame. 

Sign in to follow this