FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Pandacho

ElvUI: a Comprehensive Guide

11 hours ago, AbuHansi said:

I love the ElvUI but I'd like to change, that i cant see the rarity of mobs. Where do I set that? I have the same grey box for every enemy and I cant help myself haha.

Hello,

There is an addon that was actually showing the textures for Rare/Boss/Elite mobs in ElvUI but it wasn't updated for about a year now so I don't know whether it still works.

ElvUI itself doesn't have a build-in texture for Rare mobs but there are still ways to see the difference.

Go to UnitFrames-> Target Frame-> choose Health in the dropdown menu.

Add [shortclassification] to the Text Format line to see letter "R" after the name of mob or add [classification] there to see the full word "Rare".

Here's a screenshot showing it: 

yT3Hauu.png 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Katamarii said:

Is there a way to create a non-backround for the raid-frame?

I've only found the different colores... :(

I think that you have to install ElvUI Shadow & Light Edit  in addition to regular ElvUI to be able to work with the backgrounds,

My button "C" doesnt appear on my screen.I already have tried everything

My minimap was not appear correctly

what i do??

Edited by Hugorpc

1. What Orthios said: commands are /ec or /elvui

2. Give the addon a couple of days to update properly :) There are always issues with addons after big patches, just a bit of patience and it will be resolved.

3. Regarding this specific problem you posted, here's the creators answer:

Please have a look at this Link: http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=36289

You just updated your ElvUI too early. As the Pre Patch is not Live yet! ElvUI v10.01 is for Legion (pre Patch)

So roll back your ElvUI using the link from the quote.

Great guide for a new convert like myself. I think I only have one issue however....how do i get rid of the blizz graphic around the main action bar? I cant seem to find any setting that will get rid of it. 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks. 

Edited by illgrace

47 minutes ago, illgrace said:

Great guide for a new convert like myself. I think I only have one issue however....how do i get rid of the blizz graphic around the main action bar? I cant seem to find any setting that will get rid of it. 

You shouldn't see any Blizzard frames or graphic with ElvUI enabled. If you still do, check whether you are on the right version of ElvUI and whether you don't have any other addons that change action bars (like Bartender) enabled.

Question. I downloaded the add on skins pack so I can try and intergrate Skada into the chat window. For some reason it shows its on there but when I open Elvui and go to add ons there is no drop down like there should be to show the ones I installed. Anyone else having this problem or know what is causing it

Is anyone else having problems with the keybinding mode button not doing anything?

very frustrating as i cannot set up any buttons. Also the C is missing on mine too. 

6 hours ago, kodge1 said:

I don't see the elv ui download link ^^

1 hour ago, maglorsmith said:

Is anyone else having problems with the keybinding mode button not doing anything?

very frustrating as i cannot set up any buttons. Also the C is missing on mine too. 

Guys, it's a start of new expansion - addons have a lot of bugs that are being addressed but it takes some time :).

Check for the last version of ElvUI here (right side), it's being updated every day.

Trying to setup tank frames, is there any way to get a target of targets target with the tanks in the same way you can have it on the target frame or is this not possible with the tank frame?

3 hours ago, Malduin said:

Trying to setup tank frames, is there any way to get a target of targets target with the tanks in the same way you can have it on the target frame or is this not possible with the tank frame?

Tank Frames in ElvUI have only their target. There was a request about a year ago to write an addition (e.g. target of target for tank frames) but the addon creators gave it very low profile in "to do things".

I believe you can just use a Focus frame for the tank and see target of target there.

I'm a returning player and have DL'd this interface. It's pretty awesome lol.

The problem I'm encountering so far is my repair indicator is inside my mini-map. Where is the option to move it around located? I've searched everywhere!

3 hours ago, Misohi said:

I'm a returning player and have DL'd this interface. It's pretty awesome lol.

The problem I'm encountering so far is my repair indicator is inside my mini-map. Where is the option to move it around located? I've searched everywhere!

Can you post 2 screenshots please - one normal and the other one in Toggle Anchors mode? Repair indicator is a part of Data Texts that can be attached to minimap, chat and action bars so I think you somehow added Repairs to minimap data but I rather see the screenshots :)

1 hour ago, hak62tr said:

i did what ever you sad but when i log in wow there is no addons button there is menu button what i have to do pls help

I'm not sure what are you talking about?

'Addons' button is on the Character selection screen - before you log in with specific character.

If you are looking for the 'C' button, it was removed in pre-patch. ElvUI config now can be reached from the Main Menu (in game press Esc button-> press ElvUI button) or by typing /ec in chat.

i downlouded ElvUI extracted  in addons folder loged in wow when apears character window under the shop icon which is in left bottom corner there is no addons button in mine there is menu button 

and when i log in game there is no c in mini map or when i tape /ec nothing happens ,when i click escape becomes game menu windows which there are no any addons options eather 

is this such a program that i have buy or somthing i dont know can you pls help me i want to use these addons and macros but dont know how

1 hour ago, hak62tr said:

i downlouded ElvUI extracted  in addons folder loged in wow when apears character window under the shop icon which is in left bottom corner there is no addons button in mine there is menu button 

and when i log in game there is no c in mini map or when i tape /ec nothing happens ,when i click escape becomes game menu windows which there are no any addons options eather 

is this such a program that i have buy or somthing i dont know can you pls help me i want to use these addons and macros but dont know how

If you have the 'addons' folder, you should see the button. Please check that you really have it: the standard path to the folder will be "...Program Files( x86) > World of Warcraft > interface > addons.

Inside this folder you should have a lot of subfolders including two folders of ElvUI: ElvUI and ElvUI Config:

elv.png

I really like ElvUI, but there are certain things that really annoy me.  

1)   I cant seem to figure out how to add the time stamp to my chat windows, and 2)  I cant seem to figure out how to change the health/mana in the nameplates, target plates.. ie.  my health says it is 361k, but I want to see 361,400 instead and a percentage of health remaining right next to it.  And I want to change the font/colors.  3) As was posted above, I would really like to see the sliver dragon or gold dragon for elite mobs to be able to differentiate.