FORUMS
Pandacho

ElvUI: a Comprehensive Guide

11 hours ago, AbuHansi said:

I love the ElvUI but I'd like to change, that i cant see the rarity of mobs. Where do I set that? I have the same grey box for every enemy and I cant help myself haha.

Hello,

There is an addon that was actually showing the textures for Rare/Boss/Elite mobs in ElvUI but it wasn't updated for about a year now so I don't know whether it still works.

ElvUI itself doesn't have a build-in texture for Rare mobs but there are still ways to see the difference.

Go to UnitFrames-> Target Frame-> choose Health in the dropdown menu.

Add [shortclassification] to the Text Format line to see letter "R" after the name of mob or add [classification] there to see the full word "Rare".

Here's a screenshot showing it: 

yT3Hauu.png 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Katamarii said:

Is there a way to create a non-backround for the raid-frame?

I've only found the different colores... :(

I think that you have to install ElvUI Shadow & Light Edit  in addition to regular ElvUI to be able to work with the backgrounds,

My button "C" doesnt appear on my screen.I already have tried everything

My minimap was not appear correctly

what i do??

Edited by Hugorpc

1. What Orthios said: commands are /ec or /elvui

2. Give the addon a couple of days to update properly :) There are always issues with addons after big patches, just a bit of patience and it will be resolved.

3. Regarding this specific problem you posted, here's the creators answer:

Please have a look at this Link: http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=36289

You just updated your ElvUI too early. As the Pre Patch is not Live yet! ElvUI v10.01 is for Legion (pre Patch)

So roll back your ElvUI using the link from the quote.

Great guide for a new convert like myself. I think I only have one issue however....how do i get rid of the blizz graphic around the main action bar? I cant seem to find any setting that will get rid of it. 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks. 

Edited by illgrace

47 minutes ago, illgrace said:

Great guide for a new convert like myself. I think I only have one issue however....how do i get rid of the blizz graphic around the main action bar? I cant seem to find any setting that will get rid of it. 

You shouldn't see any Blizzard frames or graphic with ElvUI enabled. If you still do, check whether you are on the right version of ElvUI and whether you don't have any other addons that change action bars (like Bartender) enabled.

Question. I downloaded the add on skins pack so I can try and intergrate Skada into the chat window. For some reason it shows its on there but when I open Elvui and go to add ons there is no drop down like there should be to show the ones I installed. Anyone else having this problem or know what is causing it

Is anyone else having problems with the keybinding mode button not doing anything?

very frustrating as i cannot set up any buttons. Also the C is missing on mine too. 

6 hours ago, kodge1 said:

I don't see the elv ui download link ^^

1 hour ago, maglorsmith said:

Is anyone else having problems with the keybinding mode button not doing anything?

very frustrating as i cannot set up any buttons. Also the C is missing on mine too. 

Guys, it's a start of new expansion - addons have a lot of bugs that are being addressed but it takes some time :).

Check for the last version of ElvUI here (right side), it's being updated every day.

Trying to setup tank frames, is there any way to get a target of targets target with the tanks in the same way you can have it on the target frame or is this not possible with the tank frame?

3 hours ago, Malduin said:

Trying to setup tank frames, is there any way to get a target of targets target with the tanks in the same way you can have it on the target frame or is this not possible with the tank frame?

Tank Frames in ElvUI have only their target. There was a request about a year ago to write an addition (e.g. target of target for tank frames) but the addon creators gave it very low profile in "to do things".

I believe you can just use a Focus frame for the tank and see target of target there.

I'm a returning player and have DL'd this interface. It's pretty awesome lol.

The problem I'm encountering so far is my repair indicator is inside my mini-map. Where is the option to move it around located? I've searched everywhere!

3 hours ago, Misohi said:

I'm a returning player and have DL'd this interface. It's pretty awesome lol.

The problem I'm encountering so far is my repair indicator is inside my mini-map. Where is the option to move it around located? I've searched everywhere!

Can you post 2 screenshots please - one normal and the other one in Toggle Anchors mode? Repair indicator is a part of Data Texts that can be attached to minimap, chat and action bars so I think you somehow added Repairs to minimap data but I rather see the screenshots :)

1 hour ago, hak62tr said:

i did what ever you sad but when i log in wow there is no addons button there is menu button what i have to do pls help

I'm not sure what are you talking about?

'Addons' button is on the Character selection screen - before you log in with specific character.

If you are looking for the 'C' button, it was removed in pre-patch. ElvUI config now can be reached from the Main Menu (in game press Esc button-> press ElvUI button) or by typing /ec in chat.

i downlouded ElvUI extracted  in addons folder loged in wow when apears character window under the shop icon which is in left bottom corner there is no addons button in mine there is menu button 

and when i log in game there is no c in mini map or when i tape /ec nothing happens ,when i click escape becomes game menu windows which there are no any addons options eather 

is this such a program that i have buy or somthing i dont know can you pls help me i want to use these addons and macros but dont know how

1 hour ago, hak62tr said:

i downlouded ElvUI extracted  in addons folder loged in wow when apears character window under the shop icon which is in left bottom corner there is no addons button in mine there is menu button 

and when i log in game there is no c in mini map or when i tape /ec nothing happens ,when i click escape becomes game menu windows which there are no any addons options eather 

is this such a program that i have buy or somthing i dont know can you pls help me i want to use these addons and macros but dont know how

If you have the 'addons' folder, you should see the button. Please check that you really have it: the standard path to the folder will be "...Program Files( x86) > World of Warcraft > interface > addons.

Inside this folder you should have a lot of subfolders including two folders of ElvUI: ElvUI and ElvUI Config:

elv.png

I really like ElvUI, but there are certain things that really annoy me.  

1)   I cant seem to figure out how to add the time stamp to my chat windows, and 2)  I cant seem to figure out how to change the health/mana in the nameplates, target plates.. ie.  my health says it is 361k, but I want to see 361,400 instead and a percentage of health remaining right next to it.  And I want to change the font/colors.  3) As was posted above, I would really like to see the sliver dragon or gold dragon for elite mobs to be able to differentiate.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Staff
      Ash'adar, Harbinger of Dawn previously available in the Trading Post, is now available for purchase through the in-game shop for $25.
      (Source)
      Herald in the heavens astride the ethereal, color-shifting Ash'adar, Harbinger of the Dawn* now available for a limited time** through the in-game shop.
      Add Ash'adar, Harbinger of the Dawn, to your collection of mounts before it leaves for otherworldly adventures on March 31. And, for the fashion-forward, this mount also pairs well with the color-shifting Burden of Unrelenting Justice Transmog Set.
    • By Staff
      The Dreadlord's Regalia Pack is now available for purchase in the store for $20.
      The pack contains two sets Dreadlord's Venombane Set and Dreadlord's Shadowbane Set.

Click here to buy the Dreadlord's Regalia Pack.
    • By Staff
      Community Manager Kaivax from Blizzard has confirmed that upcoming content (most likely Patch 10.2.6) will be revealed in the coming weeks, along with the reopening of the Public Test Realms.
      In a post on the Community Council forum, Kaivax shared insights into how new council members are chosen. However, the highlight is that we're about to get more details on upcoming content, which is most likely Patch 10.2.6. 
      Blizzard confirmed a while ago the patch would go live some time in March, so this isn't too surprising. On top of that, we also learned that Public Test Realms will re-open for Season 4 testing.
      We're excited to see what Patch 10.2.6 has to offer, and even more for War Within Alpha!
      (Source)
      Yes! Very much so.
      This week, we happen to be in what looks like a lull, because so much focus is on behind-the-scenes work. We’re spinning up the next round of new invites to the Council, which means we’ve been cataloguing and vetting and sorting through the thousands of applications. That also means that players who joined the Council in the first couple of months of 2023 will depart, and that’s a different set of behind-the-scenes work.
      For the devs, there’s currently a lot of focus on upcoming content that is not yet being publicly examined. That will shift in the coming weeks, as we reveal some things and re-open our public test realms and then commit to the exchange of details and feedback that come with it.
    • By Stan
      Lozy, the Guild Master and Founder of Big Dumb Guild (BDG), announced the guild is disbanding after a little over 9 years.
      Pointing to a decline in leadership, the departure of core players, and the loss of sponsorship as the primary reasons for the guild's dissolution, Lozy, the Guild Master of Big Dumb Guild, shared the following thoughts on the guild's website:
      As some of you may have noticed, we haven't really done anything since our kill 2 months ago. Some of this time has been for a break, some for considering which direction to go in the future, and some of it has just been me dragging my feet. After a putting a little over 9 years of my life into running this guild (first raid Oct 28, 2014), I'm announcing the disbanding of BDG as a hardcore/RWF guild.
      A couple of the bigger reasons for this that all kinda work together:
       Decline in leadership, both in quality and quantity. This has mostly been a recent problem, but I definitely don't feel the same level of desire I did back in the Castle/Sanctum days when I was excited to do work. It’s not fair to say raiding became an obligation for me, but the passion and desire was gone. I could have done better. Couple that with having to change out basically my entire officer team twice in the past year, business partners stepping away, and high amounts of stress/anxiety I've been feeling since Castle, I'm left with little motivation to continue this other than inertia. It doesn't feel right for me to give my guys anything short of my best.  Losing core players each tier either to retirement/burnout or taking offers from the top 3 (as they should). Regardless of the quality of their replacements, the process slowed us down and created a sense of a perpetual rebuild that gave the guild something of an identity crisis. Anyone who has been here for even a year knows what I mean, and it sucks. This just isn't something most core raiders on roster want to do again for the 3rd time.  Loss of sponsorship has a lot to do with the above points as well. This mostly ties into the first point of us not doing enough internally to secure our future, but pretty obviously the scene requires money that doesn't exist here anymore. Makes it hard for anyone to justify the time commitment outside of extreme passion, which frankly speaking, most people lose in about two tiers. As for what happened this tier, I think we always knew a rebuild tier was gonna be rough. I thought Aberrus was going to be a rough rebuilding tier with all the stuff we endured post Vault (key players retiring, new officers, handful of people leaving a month before the tier), but we somehow pulled a W4th out of that. It seemed like it was feasible to match that performance, or at least get close, so that's where the expectation got set. After we realized we were not playing up to this standard (early Smolderon), that kinda set us on a path that spiraled down into poor play and attitudes we had to fight through primarily, rather than just fighting the mechanics. I am proud we stuck it out through all that though and finished the tier, as I think it would've felt significantly worse to end halfway through, which looked like a real possibility at one point.  
      I do want to express my sincerest gratitude for everyone who has been through this guild, all 295 of you. If I've learned anything in the past 2 months of not really playing WoW, it's the people that I miss the most, more so than the game. Ultimately, you all are what made this special. Feel free to DM me if you want to talk about the old days, high points, or low points. Anything from the US200 days in early WoD, or one of our INSANE world firsts (Vectis or Desolate Host or Fated Sire woooo), fun games of League or Tabletop, or any of the RWFs we took part in, or just to catch up! I'd be happy to talk to all of you, and wish you great success in life.
      I'd also like to shout out all the officers and leadership that have been in this project with me. I think you all are some of the best gaming friends I've made, and a lot of you have challenged me and pushed me to be a better person and a better leader, and I'll always be thankful for that. There's gonna be a few too many people to list here, but from the early days of US 200th with Glade, Dhaubbs, Comfy, and Bubba, to our nightly era with Maevey, Witts, Cherryvodka, and Darkbard, to our most recent era with Dbzy, Darkfurion, Shampy, Impakt, Hyper, Sloot, Maple, Ftm, Crystal, Wolf, Zoey, and Flawless - I want to thank all of you for the work and sacrifices you put into making this guild a place I will never forget.
      I also want to extend a huge thank you to all the people we worked with at Golden Guardians: Hunter, Spellsy, Danan, and Johnny to name a few. You all truly enabled my dream of participating in the RWF, and I'm not sure how to ever properly thank you all for that.
      To my analyst team this tier - Choice, Doro, John, and Permok: I very much appreciate all the work you did behind the scenes, prepping, and after/before hours to keep me in the raid. Scared to think where we would've been without the instant WA support, or all the late-night Aug TCing, datamining, or anything and everything else. I hope you all can find another home in the scene if you want. Don't be strangers.
      Lastly, I want to thank everyone in the community, in particular the people that tuned into our streams, helped us with crafting, splits, participated in our charity events, or just had fun interactions with our members. You all are the single most important aspect of WoW, and your support meant the world to us. May all your journeys be filled with success and adventure!
      As for myself, I haven't committed to a future direction yet, in game or out of game. I still think there's a lot of passion in me for this game and this community, I just need a few months off to figure it all out after redlining it for 3 years straight. Maybe I'll be a part of the RWF elsewhere, maybe I'll reform with a some friends as a chill(er) nighttime guild for the new expansion (any ex-raiders that made it this far hit me up).

With heartfelt thanks and best wishes,
      Lozy
      GM/Founder of BDG

• By Stan
      A Warlock managed to get their hands on Fyr'alath, yet, puzzlingly, their Felguard can't use it even with the Glyph of Felguard.
      The Glyph of Felguard is supposed to let the Felguard wield any random two-handed axe, mace, sword, or polearm from the Warlock's inventory. But for some reason, it just won't work with Fyr'alath the Dreamrender, as you can see in the screenshot below.

You're probably wondering how the Warlock even looted Fyr'alath the Dreamrender in the first place, right? You can roll for the item when it drops on Mythic Difficulty as opposed to other difficulties where it drops as personal loot.
      Source: Reddit