FORUMS
Pandacho

ElvUI: a Comprehensive Guide

15 hours ago, Terraforce said:

OK..I have a problem with chat. It over laps with duration, orders and the rest... i will link the image 

Do you have the latest version? Or some form of other chat addon interfering with it?

On 11/8/2016 at 5:17 PM, Simeion said:

I just downloaded the elvui and I have the blizzard action bars in the middle of the screen how to install remove those?

Do you have another addon that is interfering with it? Also, have you tried reinstalling?

21 hours ago, Terraforce said:

OK..I have a problem with chat. It over laps with duration, orders and the rest... i will link the image 

needs fixing.png

Unlock the Chat (right click on the 'General' > Unlock) and you'll be able to resize and move it to your chat window position. Then lock it back.

Hey Dude,

thank you very much for this.

Today i install the ui and want to use your heal ui

But i can´t see any groupframes as you on your pic(in the middle)

Could you please help me out? what is my issue?

Many thanks and best regards,

Zeso

WoWScrnShot_111216_111538.jpg

2 hours ago, Zeso said:

Hey Dude,

thank you very much for this.

Today i install the ui and want to use your heal ui

But i can´t see any groupframes as you on your pic(in the middle)

Could you please help me out? what is my issue?

Many thanks and best regards,

Zeso

I don't use ElvUI to heal. My healing frames are VuhDo ones, you can find them here.

Yo so i copied your profile and tweak it to my own personal liking but really helped to have that base set already the only thing i cant figure out how to change is to add mounts back to my target frame, i don't want them on every frame only when i target someone and see their buffs. Thx for the great guide.

10 hours ago, Dookydooky said:

I have installed ElvUI, I now cannot access pet spells tab... anyone have any ideas

Is your Pet Bar enabled? ActionBars > Pet Bar

Hey, love your set up.  I've copied imported your setup but I"m having one problem.  I have spells keybound with the clique addon.  However I cannot get Healing Wave to work on my self frame.  It will work If I target myself.  All other spells work but healing wave is the only spell I can't cast doing a mouseover myself using clique.  any ideas?

2 hours ago, adobo said:

Hey, love your set up.  I've copied imported your setup but I"m having one problem.  I have spells keybound with the clique addon.  However I cannot get Healing Wave to work on my self frame.  It will work If I target myself.  All other spells work but healing wave is the only spell I can't cast doing a mouseover myself using clique.  any ideas?

Do you mean the Player frame or your frame in ElvUI raid frames?

Frankly, I remember every time I had this kind of problem, I found that it was wrong macro/ability spelling or a Player Frame defined as not-clickable for Clique (to be able to reach game menu on the mouse right click) or something like that. I'm not aware of any recent bug involving ElvUI, Clique and selfhealing.

Hi , im having issues trying to right click and target other players when in chat.

Right clicking a players name to target them if they are near your position.

For some reason Shadow & Light disables this feature.

Would be nice to enable this option, anyone know how?

( Look in the right bottom corner where the option to target a player in chat by right click is gone. )

WoWScrnShot_120216_103136.jpg

On 28-10-2015 at 5:38 PM, Pandacho said:

A small explanation for those who want to add Group Number to the Raid Frames:

Open ElvUI Configuration, go to 'Raid Frames'. In 'Custom Texts' line type 'Group' and press 'Okay'.

MHj9Gwk.jpg

Open the dropdown list and select the line 'Group' that should appear there:

sOCUk4O.jpg

Type [group] in the 'Text Format' line and adjust its positioning to whatever feels good for you. I used 'Left' in 'Justify' because of 'Role Icon' that I have on the right side.

Hidden Content

This is what you'll see in your Raid Frames now:

4GHjQgq.jpg

First of all, thank you for making this guide, but i got one problem, i did what you said as in the guide to add Group Numbers to the Raid Frame, but it didn't work for me when i tried to do it. :/

As far as UI addons i use, it is only ElvUI that i currently use, no any other sub-addons for ElvUI.

Thanks for the guide. Do you know how can i re-activate my combat text? After disabling my MIK addon i cannot see my default combat texts.

edit: i found it :)  /console floatingCombatTextCombatDamage 1 

Edited by mrregya

On 12/14/2016 at 7:02 AM, Uzimaki said:

First of all, thank you for making this guide, but i got one problem, i did what you said as in the guide to add Group Numbers to the Raid Frame, but it didn't work for me when i tried to do it. :/

As far as UI addons i use, it is only ElvUI that i currently use, no any other sub-addons for ElvUI.

It doesn't show outside the raid.

I just checked in LFR and it worked.

Hi

i downloaded the addon, now when i enter world there is no /ec working

both ElvUi and ElvUi Conf. is enable and also nothing as Elf... appears in Esc Menu

I wanna use this addon for the LK patch

Ty

22 hours ago, Kkr1211 said:

Hi

i downloaded the addon, now when i enter world there is no /ec working

both ElvUi and ElvUi Conf. is enable and also nothing as Elf... appears in Esc Menu

I wanna use this addon for the LK patch

Ty

Hi, what is LK patch exactly?

6 hours ago, hlgraves said:

When I enter the world, it says SpellD not valid, please check for an updated version. If none exists, report to the author. So, what do I do now?

1. Check for an updated version here.

2. If doesn't exist, report to the author here.

Hey there! I followed the step by step installation, but the UI doesn't appear in the "Addons" screen when I log in. I have the game in spanish, could it be because of that? Thank you!

On 2/9/2017 at 10:30 PM, SentientDreamer said:

You need to amend your setup guide. There's no General tab anymore. I cannot for the life of my figure out how to config this.

I'm not sure what do you mean really.

20.png

Hello, I just installed this UI and really like it.  But I have a couple of questions.  

1.  I have some non-combat items in the last hot bar and wanted to know how I can configure that bar to open upon a click in stead of showing constantly on my screen.  For instance, I thought to put it behind another bar and arrange it so that a small section showed to the side with something like a < to click on which would slide the bar outwards for use and can be stowed when done by clicking that same < to collapse it.

I was reading through all the configuration screens but was unable to find anything related to this type of action.

2.  Also is there some way to put the mini-map icons in a row below the mini map instead of all over the place on the mini-map?  I use the small data text row under the mini-map for time and guild members but did not see anything in the menu showing the icons.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks  :D

Hi,

Sorry for my bad english and olso for my bad folder.

I got a problem, when i'm in combat, i'have thise cadre that pop and i don't know how to remove it.

It is there since the 7.2 cause I have to reinstal my interface due to a probleme IG and i forgot to save my profil...

Thanks for your helpDoc1-page-001.thumb.jpg.9ac653f7a0e896547e2de34ee60e0419.jpg

Hi i recently installed ElvUI and i find it amazing. i got it set up from scratch and i couldn't ask for something better. All that is bugging me and i can't find myself is how to turn the health in the frames to lets say 3000k instead of 3m and have like the bar go for exampel 2700/3000 as my health drops down
Thanks for the help rly appreciated