FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Pandacho

ElvUI: a Comprehensive Guide

Trying to change my default max camera distance.  It sets it to max when I log in, but I prefer it to be set to 50%.  How do I keep it from reverting back to max and needing to change it everytime I log in?  

On 9/2/2016 at 8:38 AM, Flo said:

How did you get the black panel at the bottom, where you placed your chats, action bars and so on?

Black panel is an addon kgPanels and yes, it covers a part of your screen. I don't use it anymore and changed my UI heavily in Legion (still use ElvUI though).

On 9/7/2016 at 5:28 AM, Edzilla said:

Trying to change my default max camera distance.  It sets it to max when I log in, but I prefer it to be set to 50%.  How do I keep it from reverting back to max and needing to change it everytime I log in?  

I think you should sort your camera distance options in WoW Interface options rather than in ElvUI.

7 hours ago, Vitus said:

how can I have the picture of the character and his target?

This should be in the Unit Frames section. There should be an option to enable "portraits"

Panda and Krazy,

Thanks so much for this guide! I scanned the posts, but didn't see my issue come up yet - I'm a healer and used the keybind feature for my heals, but, with clique, I could mouseover the raid frames. Seems I can't do that with elvui. I've disabled clique - would vuhdo be my answer?

Thanks in advance!

7 hours ago, Maplefire said:

Panda and Krazy,

Thanks so much for this guide! I scanned the posts, but didn't see my issue come up yet - I'm a healer and used the keybind feature for my heals, but, with clique, I could mouseover the raid frames. Seems I can't do that with elvui. I've disabled clique - would vuhdo be my answer?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

you definitely can use Clique with ElvUI raid frames - if you have a problem here, it's not something addon restricted.

But I personally use VuhDo frames as my raid frames (I'm a healer) - I find it much more healer friendly, comfortable and with this mouseover+Clique function build-in.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pandacho said:

Hello,

you definitely can use Clique with ElvUI raid frames - if you have a problem here, it's not something addon restricted.

But I personally use VuhDo frames as my raid frames (I'm a healer) - I find it much more healer friendly, comfortable and with this mouseover+Clique function build-in.

Thanks Panda - downloading VuhDo now! :P

Edited by Maplefire

Hi there. Could you help me with my question?

i'm wondering if its possible to set that when mobs attacking me, their nameplate is blue (or any other color), and when they dont is red. Also im used on this style while im tanking, im using for now tiddy plates or something like that. I can't remember exactly addon im using. I know that i can set on their nameplate and healtbar to see my dots...

ty in advance. 

Btw, guide is excellent. 5+

10 hours ago, Aquillies said:

Hi there. Could you help me with my question?

i'm wondering if its possible to set that when mobs attacking me, their nameplate is blue (or any other color), and when they dont is red. Also im used on this style while im tanking, im using for now tiddy plates or something like that. I can't remember exactly addon im using. I know that i can set on their nameplate and healtbar to see my dots...

ty in advance. 

Btw, guide is excellent. 5+

The DoTs part on a Target frame should be turned on by default so it's a bit weird for me that you can't see them. But in this case: UnitFrames-> Target Frame-> dropdown menu in the right side window->Debuffs. Scroll a bit down and you can config there what exactly you want to see: your DoTs only or all the debuffs on target, etc. Check Debuffs section in NamePlates->Enemy NPC Frames too.

Regarding color change, I know what you are talking about - it's a TidyPlates feature. There's no same thing in ElvUI but you can try to play with options in two places: NamePlates->Enemy NPC Frames / Enemy Player Frames and in UnitFrames->right side window-> Threat Display Mode dropdown menu.

• Like 1

Hi - Does anyone know what this (circled) frame is called, and how I get rid of it? I thought it was from another addon, but I've removed everything but ElvUI and ElvUi Config in my Addons list. There's nothing in that location when I toggle anchors. It's driving me nuts! Any help appreciated. 

elvuicrop.jpg

2 hours ago, Rotwang said:

Hi - Does anyone know what this (circled) frame is called, and how I get rid of it? I thought it was from another addon, but I've removed everything but ElvUI and ElvUi Config in my Addons list. There's nothing in that location when I toggle anchors. It's driving me nuts! Any help appreciated. 

elvuicrop.jpg

It's not an addon but a new part of improved Blizzard interface (added in Legion) :)

37 minutes ago, Pandacho said:

It's not an addon but a new part of improved Blizzard interface (added in Legion) :)

Ah, thanks. I hate it! Any way to disable it?  

Edited by Rotwang

13 minutes ago, Rotwang said:

Ah, thanks. I hate it! Any way to disable it?  

I figured it out: ElvUI > Nameplates > Player Frame > Disable (top left) - Thanks! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rotwang said:

I figured it out: ElvUI > Nameplates > Player Frame > Disable (top left) - Thanks! 

Thanks for sharing that once you found it!

Hello

Great guide! However I have a problem, or rather two problems.

One of them might not be elvui related.

First, the most important one, is there a way to change how elvui tells me that there are a dispellable debuff on my party/raid member?
The default blue color filter over the party frames have too much color in them so it makes it hard for me to see how much HP people have underneath the blue color indicator. I sure hope there is a way to change this, have been going through the options ten times but I cant seem to find any option for this. I hope I'm just blind.

Second, is there an option in elvui to automatically change your spec some how if you enter a BG as a healer but press the button to join while you are in dps spec? Because if there is, this option is bugging out on me changing my spec left and right without reason and I want to disable it.

15 hours ago, Larre said:

Second, is there an option in elvui to automatically change your spec some how if you enter a BG as a healer but press the button to join while you are in dps spec? Because if there is, this option is bugging out on me changing my spec left and right without reason and I want to disable it.

I don't think this is ElvUI, I think Blizzard does it to stop people queuing as roles they can't fill.

On 9/19/2016 at 2:31 PM, Larre said:

First, the most important one, is there a way to change how elvui tells me that there are a dispellable debuff on my party/raid member?
The default blue color filter over the party frames have too much color in them so it makes it hard for me to see how much HP people have underneath the blue color indicator. I sure hope there is a way to change this, have been going through the options ten times but I cant seem to find any option for this. I hope I'm just blind.

UnitFrames->General (don't go into specific frames)->Debuff Highlighting dropdown menu -> change it from 'Full' to some other option.

Trying out Elvui for like the 5th time, maybe this time I'll stick with it. I know there's a way to get recount to be dual embed so I can show damage and healing in the chat panel, but when I do the dual, I can still only ever get it to move to 1 side or the other, not have both windows open? Know the way to fix this?

4 hours ago, Razma said:

Trying out Elvui for like the 5th time, maybe this time I'll stick with it. I know there's a way to get recount to be dual embed so I can show damage and healing in the chat panel, but when I do the dual, I can still only ever get it to move to 1 side or the other, not have both windows open? Know the way to fix this?

You have to have 2 separate recount Windows made.  Or are you trying to put one window in left chat and the other in the right chat?  That I don't think is possible, and if it is you'd have to modify the elvui code somehow I imagine.

10 hours ago, Razma said:

You can do this in one chat window, splitting it in 2 parts. I was using this for some time in WoD.

To do this in dual, you have first to sort both healing and damage windows exactly how you want them to appear and check that there's no 'Hide' or 'Lock' option is ticked for one of them.

It is a bit tricky, took me some time and a bunch of /reloadui to get it sorted.

I have a dumb question ... I can't for the life of me figure out how to get a tracked reputation bar to show up anywhere.  I have honor and artifact power next to the right chat box, but can't find any options to show a rep bar.  Anyone know?

21 hours ago, Cloud4567 said:

I have a dumb question ... I can't for the life of me figure out how to get a tracked reputation bar to show up anywhere.  I have honor and artifact power next to the right chat box, but can't find any options to show a rep bar.  Anyone know?

Do you have it enabled in the Blizzard interface to show as an experience bar?

On 9/23/2016 at 5:35 PM, Cloud4567 said:

It is weird because the Rep bar tab options are just in the same window in Config where the Honor and Artifact bars are.

Do you have the bar enabled in Options but can't find it on your screen or you can't find where to enable it in the Config mode?