Jump to content
FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Pandacho

ElvUI: a Comprehensive Guide

Recommended Posts

Trying to change my default max camera distance.  It sets it to max when I log in, but I prefer it to be set to 50%.  How do I keep it from reverting back to max and needing to change it everytime I log in?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2016 at 8:38 AM, Flo said:

How did you get the black panel at the bottom, where you placed your chats, action bars and so on?

Black panel is an addon kgPanels and yes, it covers a part of your screen. I don't use it anymore and changed my UI heavily in Legion (still use ElvUI though).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2016 at 5:28 AM, Edzilla said:

Trying to change my default max camera distance.  It sets it to max when I log in, but I prefer it to be set to 50%.  How do I keep it from reverting back to max and needing to change it everytime I log in?  

I think you should sort your camera distance options in WoW Interface options rather than in ElvUI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vitus said:
how can I have the picture of the character and his target?

This should be in the Unit Frames section. There should be an option to enable "portraits"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Panda and Krazy,

Thanks so much for this guide! I scanned the posts, but didn't see my issue come up yet - I'm a healer and used the keybind feature for my heals, but, with clique, I could mouseover the raid frames. Seems I can't do that with elvui. I've disabled clique - would vuhdo be my answer?

Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Maplefire said:

Panda and Krazy,

Thanks so much for this guide! I scanned the posts, but didn't see my issue come up yet - I'm a healer and used the keybind feature for my heals, but, with clique, I could mouseover the raid frames. Seems I can't do that with elvui. I've disabled clique - would vuhdo be my answer?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

you definitely can use Clique with ElvUI raid frames - if you have a problem here, it's not something addon restricted.

But I personally use VuhDo frames as my raid frames (I'm a healer) - I find it much more healer friendly, comfortable and with this mouseover+Clique function build-in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Pandacho said:

Hello,

you definitely can use Clique with ElvUI raid frames - if you have a problem here, it's not something addon restricted.

But I personally use VuhDo frames as my raid frames (I'm a healer) - I find it much more healer friendly, comfortable and with this mouseover+Clique function build-in.

Thanks Panda - downloading VuhDo now! :P

Edited by Maplefire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there. Could you help me with my question?

i'm wondering if its possible to set that when mobs attacking me, their nameplate is blue (or any other color), and when they dont is red. Also im used on this style while im tanking, im using for now tiddy plates or something like that. I can't remember exactly addon im using. I know that i can set on their nameplate and healtbar to see my dots...

 

ty in advance. 

Btw, guide is excellent. 5+

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Aquillies said:

Hi there. Could you help me with my question?

i'm wondering if its possible to set that when mobs attacking me, their nameplate is blue (or any other color), and when they dont is red. Also im used on this style while im tanking, im using for now tiddy plates or something like that. I can't remember exactly addon im using. I know that i can set on their nameplate and healtbar to see my dots...

ty in advance. 

Btw, guide is excellent. 5+

The DoTs part on a Target frame should be turned on by default so it's a bit weird for me that you can't see them. But in this case: UnitFrames-> Target Frame-> dropdown menu in the right side window->Debuffs. Scroll a bit down and you can config there what exactly you want to see: your DoTs only or all the debuffs on target, etc. Check Debuffs section in NamePlates->Enemy NPC Frames too.

Regarding color change, I know what you are talking about - it's a TidyPlates feature. There's no same thing in ElvUI but you can try to play with options in two places: NamePlates->Enemy NPC Frames / Enemy Player Frames and in UnitFrames->right side window-> Threat Display Mode dropdown menu.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi - Does anyone know what this (circled) frame is called, and how I get rid of it? I thought it was from another addon, but I've removed everything but ElvUI and ElvUi Config in my Addons list. There's nothing in that location when I toggle anchors. It's driving me nuts! Any help appreciated. 

elvuicrop.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rotwang said:

Hi - Does anyone know what this (circled) frame is called, and how I get rid of it? I thought it was from another addon, but I've removed everything but ElvUI and ElvUi Config in my Addons list. There's nothing in that location when I toggle anchors. It's driving me nuts! Any help appreciated. 

elvuicrop.jpg

It's not an addon but a new part of improved Blizzard interface (added in Legion) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Pandacho said:

It's not an addon but a new part of improved Blizzard interface (added in Legion) :)

Ah, thanks. I hate it! Any way to disable it?  

Edited by Rotwang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Rotwang said:

Ah, thanks. I hate it! Any way to disable it?  

I figured it out: ElvUI > Nameplates > Player Frame > Disable (top left) - Thanks! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rotwang said:

I figured it out: ElvUI > Nameplates > Player Frame > Disable (top left) - Thanks! 

Thanks for sharing that once you found it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello

Great guide! However I have a problem, or rather two problems.

One of them might not be elvui related.

First, the most important one, is there a way to change how elvui tells me that there are a dispellable debuff on my party/raid member?
The default blue color filter over the party frames have too much color in them so it makes it hard for me to see how much HP people have underneath the blue color indicator. I sure hope there is a way to change this, have been going through the options ten times but I cant seem to find any option for this. I hope I'm just blind.

Second, is there an option in elvui to automatically change your spec some how if you enter a BG as a healer but press the button to join while you are in dps spec? Because if there is, this option is bugging out on me changing my spec left and right without reason and I want to disable it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Larre said:

Second, is there an option in elvui to automatically change your spec some how if you enter a BG as a healer but press the button to join while you are in dps spec? Because if there is, this option is bugging out on me changing my spec left and right without reason and I want to disable it.

I don't think this is ElvUI, I think Blizzard does it to stop people queuing as roles they can't fill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2016 at 2:31 PM, Larre said:

First, the most important one, is there a way to change how elvui tells me that there are a dispellable debuff on my party/raid member?
The default blue color filter over the party frames have too much color in them so it makes it hard for me to see how much HP people have underneath the blue color indicator. I sure hope there is a way to change this, have been going through the options ten times but I cant seem to find any option for this. I hope I'm just blind.

 UnitFrames->General (don't go into specific frames)->Debuff Highlighting dropdown menu -> change it from 'Full' to some other option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying out Elvui for like the 5th time, maybe this time I'll stick with it. I know there's a way to get recount to be dual embed so I can show damage and healing in the chat panel, but when I do the dual, I can still only ever get it to move to 1 side or the other, not have both windows open? Know the way to fix this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Razma said:

Trying out Elvui for like the 5th time, maybe this time I'll stick with it. I know there's a way to get recount to be dual embed so I can show damage and healing in the chat panel, but when I do the dual, I can still only ever get it to move to 1 side or the other, not have both windows open? Know the way to fix this?

You have to have 2 separate recount Windows made.  Or are you trying to put one window in left chat and the other in the right chat?  That I don't think is possible, and if it is you'd have to modify the elvui code somehow I imagine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Razma said:

Trying out Elvui for like the 5th time, maybe this time I'll stick with it. I know there's a way to get recount to be dual embed so I can show damage and healing in the chat panel, but when I do the dual, I can still only ever get it to move to 1 side or the other, not have both windows open? Know the way to fix this?

You can do this in one chat window, splitting it in 2 parts. I was using this for some time in WoD.

To do this in dual, you have first to sort both healing and damage windows exactly how you want them to appear and check that there's no 'Hide' or 'Lock' option is ticked for one of them.

It is a bit tricky, took me some time and a bunch of /reloadui to get it sorted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a dumb question ... I can't for the life of me figure out how to get a tracked reputation bar to show up anywhere.  I have honor and artifact power next to the right chat box, but can't find any options to show a rep bar.  Anyone know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Cloud4567 said:

I have a dumb question ... I can't for the life of me figure out how to get a tracked reputation bar to show up anywhere.  I have honor and artifact power next to the right chat box, but can't find any options to show a rep bar.  Anyone know?

Do you have it enabled in the Blizzard interface to show as an experience bar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2016 at 5:35 PM, Cloud4567 said:

I have a dumb question ... I can't for the life of me figure out how to get a tracked reputation bar to show up anywhere.  I have honor and artifact power next to the right chat box, but can't find any options to show a rep bar.  Anyone know?

It is weird because the Rep bar tab options are just in the same window in Config where the Honor and Artifact bars are.

Do you have the bar enabled in Options but can't find it on your screen or you can't find where to enable it in the Config mode?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Staff
      In AWC Circuit, the top 8 Arena World Championship teams from Europe and North America compete in a four-week long, round-robin style circuit for one of four invitations per region to the AWC Grand Finals. The event begins on May 28 on YouTube.
      (Source)
      The top eight Arena World Championship (AWC) teams from EU and NA compete in a four-week long, round-robin style circuit for one of four invitations per region to the AWC Grand Finals! Catch the action beginning May 28, only on YouTube!
      What/Where/When to Watch the AWC Circuit
      Broadcast Dates:  May 28 - 29 June 4 - 5 June 11 - 12 June 18 - 19 Broadcast Start Time:  EU Matches 10:00 AM PT / 7:00 PM CEST, followed by NA Matches Format:  Round Robin over four weeks Top 4 teams in each region qualify to AWC Grand Finals & Cross-Region Tournament Language Streams on YouTube: EN DE Prize Pool:  Circuit: $320k ($160k per region) Finals: $300k ($150k per region) Other AWC Key Dates & Info
      AWC Grand Finals Broadcast July 16 - 17, 2022 AWC Cross-Region Tournament July 23 - 24, 2022
      Casters
      Gillian “Eiya” Long
      Sid “Supatease” Compston
      Elliott “Venruki” Venczel
      Mohamed “Ziqo” Beshir
      Stay Connected
      Stay up to date on everything WoW® Esports by subscribing on YouTube. For updates, memes, and more, follow the WoW Esports Twitter account. We’ll see you in the Arena!
    • By Stan
      Blizzard has changed the eye color of Dark Ranger Captain Delaryn Summermoon in Patch 9.2.5. Delaryn was raised by Sylvanas during the Battle for Darkshore. In this post, we speculate about the eye change in more detail.
      Delaryn Summermoon was the captain of the Darnassian City Guard and a commander of the night elven forces who fought during the War of Thorns. She was raised into undeath as a dark ranger of the Forsaken during the Battle for Darkshore. She along with other undead night elves sought Calia Menethil to help them.
      Source: Wowpedia
      Delaryn's eyes currently have a red/blueish Death Knight glow on live servers and they gave her proper red eyes in Patch 9.2.5. The customization option exists in the game files for a while now and isn't exactly new. Below you can see her updated eyes in mode detail. Thanks to simaia and MrGM for spotting the change.
      Placeholder for tweet 1528735870441771011 What could the new eye color mean? For one, we have rumors circulating about a potential Dragonflight pre-order Allied Race. We also know that something's brewing in Lordaeron with updates to Brill and Calia Menethil. Do you think Calia might end up leading the fallen Night Elves that have been raised by Sylvanas (dark rangers) or could this be a Hunter customization option like the Night Warrior? Let us know down in the comments!
      Keep in mind that nothing has been confirmed by Blizzard yet and we'll need to wait until the update goes live.
    • By Stan
      Grimrail Depot will be added to the Mythic+ pool of dungeons in Shadowlands Season 4. Here's a sample +10 run of the Warlords of Draenor dungeon from the Patch 9.2.5 PTR.
      The sample run includes testing of the new Season 4 Affix called Shrouded. Thanks to MrGM for the video.
      Blizzard added a new accessibility option for players that hides moving environment pieces in Maw of Souls and Grimrail Depot. You can buy the elixir from an NPC at the beginning of both dungeons.
    • By Stan
      Heartbond Lupine received a new flying animation in Patch 9.2.5. In this post, we compare the old and new animations in more detail.
      Heartbond Lupine is a mount added in Patch 9.2 that comes from Protoform Synthesis. Its current flying animation makes it look as if the mount was swimming in the air. 

      In Patch 9.2.5 the flying run animation has been updated as you can see below. The mount no longer swims but walks in the air.

      Which animation do you prefer? Let us know in the comments!
    • By Starym
      We have a pretty great new Easter egg coming with patch 9.2.5, featuring all the Windrunner siblings, a musical scene, and some props! As spotted by The Lost Codex, Windrunner Spire is getting a reference to the recent Sylvanas book in the form of 4 items scattered around the statue (with the bow actually being related to Sylvanas, not the arrow as noted later):
      Some theorized that the order in which the characters disappear after the scene ends had some meaning, but it seems to be random, and sometimes they stick around for quite a while longer as well:
       
×
×
  • Create New...