FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Pandacho

ElvUI: a Comprehensive Guide

Hi, i just started to use elvui and im wondering how can i customize my nameplates to show my runes in bar instead of icon and the unit frame to display buff/debuff bars without the icon. _20171101_090348.thumb.JPG.6e19130201c9ea8cae9b747fa287a553.JPG_20171101_090421.thumb.JPG.d9bfb0c6bd3d099effddfe0ef39781b2.JPG Something like this

Edited: managed to find the option to disable the buff icons

Edited by Shadowtears

On 11/1/2017 at 1:08 AM, Shadowtears said:

Edited: managed to find the option to disable the buff icons

Did you find a solution for rune icons?

Hello!

I was wondering how I can change the colours when you're killing a mob/whatever. I'm talking about this;

http://prntscr.com/hi4upa
Also where can I change the colours for the cooldown text on spells? Here:

http://prntscr.com/hi4vjd

And where can I change this colour of orange from the targettarget frame?

http://prntscr.com/hi5fo0

Thank you!

Edited by Trixiaa

On 12/2/2017 at 3:55 PM, Trixiaa said:

Hello!

This should be in the respective areas of each frame - Unit Frame, target, etc.

There should also be custom text options in each section.

My nameplates appear weird when entering groups(dungeon finder, raids etc), they turn from no healthbar or anything to name+healthbar, I am pretty sure I have all options disabled for healthbar in group. Its for both player and npc. Outside of groups im fine, but when i join they switch over to something else that i dont want.

Edited by giggles123

I've recently installed Elv UI but on my mythic dungeon tab, the affixes for the current and upcoming weeks aren't showing?

22 hours ago, Jadir said:

I've recently installed Elv UI but on my mythic dungeon tab, the affixes for the current and upcoming weeks aren't showing?

Is that through a separate addon or?

Hi! Thanks alot for this guide. It's really good!

Since I have Elvui, i can't click on quest items. I only can used them by the bag, wich is really annoying if I get in fight or anything. Can you help me?

Thanks!

So i'm a first time attempted user of this add-on, however i cannot seem to install it at all, it asks me to choose the directory where WoW is installed, but the site only allows me to install Tukui's client, but i cannot find the ElvUi as portrayed in one of the earlier pictures, am i missing something?

Just had a question about Friendly Player Frames. Beginning of BFA I had it set  to only show player names in their class colors above their heads except for healers. Healers had class color player name and the mana bar. Now it's either name and no power bar or name and power bar for all classes. Is there a way to change it so I can only see healer mana bars again?

I am using AdiBags and I have Elvui bags disabled and the bag bar enabled. I see all the bags, but is there any way I could just see one bag (the main bag)? 

bags.PNG

On 6/2/2019 at 4:37 PM, Beachboy said:

where is the toy box and mounts I can not find them

You have to enable the micro bar, if you haven't ?

Your blog on this topic should show a screen shot of what it looks like in game play.  The gridded screen shot with the dark background and a bunch of blocks everywhere and a big ol' boss button in the middle is not at all convincing that I should download this UI and use it.  I just see a giant cluttered mess that I won't want to look at.  Much less, I won't want to download this and go through all of these steps to be bothered enough to see if I want to try it out.  I'm not a keybinder in the first place - I'm a clicker.  I know... the horror, right?  But I'm a touch typist and the last thing I need to do is learn how to keybind all of my spells on top of the few keybind short cuts I already know.   I'd much rather learn how to combine several spells as a rotation into a macro so I'm only clicking 3 times instead of 7.  

Also... the macros you are publishing are completely useless.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      We've already seen Project: Grunt in action with the insanely impressive gates of Orgrimmar video, showcasing the potential of an Unreal Engine 5 WoW, but work on it continues as AXCEL has further improved it and recently added some new combat features (and we get a glimpse of a Nagrand-like zone)! In case you aren't familiar with the project, it's not an actual game but rather a fan-project just to see what can be done in UE5.
      And here are some previous videos:

You can also support the project and its creator over on their Patreon page , which actually has some work in progress stuff, including the Dark Portal, so we have a lot to look forward to! 
    • By Starym
      Xirev is back (but not alone this time) and has managed to fill out ALL those achievement progress bars... again! After finishing up everything that came with patch 9.2, the thrill and sense of accomplishment was a brief one, as he realized those almost 38 thousand points will only be enough to be considered complete for 5 more days!
      9.2.5 is just around the corner and brings one of the worst possible scenarios for an achievement hunter, as the Season 4 achievements will be in the game but unobtainable until it starts later this summer!
      Updated text to clarify rankings:
      He wasn't the first to accomplish this, however, as there are two players over on Data for Azeroth that got the same amount of achievement points earlier (with Midzòr on May 3rd and Billym on the 15th), but Xirev does show at the very top of that leaderboard for some reason. It all boiled down to who was in a better/more active guild and getting benched on certain bosses, so the correct order should be Midzòr > Billym > Xirev, based on when they got that final Mythic raid achievement.

In any case, here's the fateful moment for Xirev, with Mythic Anduin having been the final hurdle (due to some unfortunate benching happening during the guild's first kill, making Anduin the final boss of the Shadowlands, which seems oddly appropriate):

We wish him and everyone else luck with the new achievements once 9.2.5 and Season 4 arrive, which should close out all of Shadowlands and afford them a break longer than 5 days!
      Of course, this isn't Xirev's first rodeo, as he's gotten to 100% complete at the end of BfA and Legion, and if you want some more info, we actually interviewed him post-BfA and got all the details on how this all started, his motivation and more. And for even more insights into what makes these extremely hardcore collectors and achievement hunters tick, we also talked to Haru, who had 99.46% of everything (according to the All the Things addon), and you can read that interview here.
    • By Starym
      We are going on a bit of a trek through time today, as hirumaredx takes a look at all the changes that have come (and gone) to Stormwind and Orgrimmar from Vanilla to today, and a tiny bit into the future as well!
      From the obvious ones like the Onyxia and Nefarian heads appearing, to pre-patch events, zeppelin tower and port changes, the massive Cataclysm revamp, the most commonly asked question on r/wow about the Dragonwrath quest and the big dragon that sometimes appears above Stormwind, the Siege raid, Stormwind post-Deathwing fixes, Allied Race sections, leading all the way up to the latest weather effects and upcoming 9.2.5 additions and a lot more, let's take a look.

And, while they're not actual changes and not even in the game, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the recent spectacular Orgrimmar gates Unreal Engine 5 remake you can check out here.
    • By Staff
      Blizzard is improving player reporting and implementing a new Social Contract in Patch 9.2.5 as a part of their ongoing efforts to foster a fun, fair, and safe game environment.
      (Source)
      As a part of our ongoing efforts to foster a fun, fair, and safe game environment for our community, we’re implementing some improvements to the system with the 9.2.5 update. We know how important it is for our players to be a part of a safe and supportive community, and we want to help foster that by providing you with tools and information you can use to help promote and create it alongside us.
      Just the Start
      Creating a positive experience in World of Warcraft is important to the entire team. As a part of helping drive that focus, we’ve pulled together a multi-disciplinary team to look at varying aspects of what we can do to help make things better. The 9.1.5 content update allowed us to provide additional updates to our reporting system that enable more visibility to player reporting by sending thank you messages to players who reported others for violating our code of conduct. Additionally, most players who are close to being actioned within the game are now receiving a warning message. This is only the start of what we have in store, and the 9.2.5 content update provides some further improvements to the system.
      New Social Contract
      When players first log in to World of Warcraft after the 9.2.5 content update goes live, they will be greeted by the new Social Contract. This contract will need to be read and accepted before a player can continue into the world of Azeroth. The contract outlines behavior that will help make your experiences more positive and provides an outline of behaviors that are not acceptable within the game.  While you should only need to accept it once, there may be a future point where you’ll need to reaccept the contract to continue playing.
      Reporting Player Behavior
      We’ve modernized how reporting works in-game, making it even easier to report disruptive or poor player behavior.
      Right-click the player's name in chat or other applicable area. Click 'Report Player'. This will open a popup allowing you to select the appropriate reason for the report as well as allow you to add additional details. Click ‘report’. You’ll receive a notice acknowledging your report and thanking you for your help in making Azeroth a better place to be. Should action be taken against the reported player, you’ll receive an additional thank you message in the weeks following your original report.
      Streamlining the System
      We’ve also taken some time to further streamline our system and penalties, allowing us to act more quickly, accurately, and (if necessary) more severely depending on the in-game violation.
      Looking Forward
      These updates are merely the beginning of our efforts to provide a better place to spend your time. We know that Azeroth is special to many of you, and we want to make sure it continues to be a place you want to call home.
    • By Staff
      With the introduction of cross-faction instances in Patch 9.2.5, Blizzard is rolling out cross-realm Mythic Sepulcher with the update, even though just 18 Alliance guilds so far downed Mythic Jailer.
      The Horde Mythic Hall of Fame closed with the weekly maintenance on May 17.
      So far, only 18 Alliance guilds have killed Mythic Jailer. However, Blizzard decided to enable cross-realm Mythic Sepulcher with the Patch 9.2.5 update.

You will find more information in the blog post below.
      (Source)
      DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
      SEPULCHER OF THE FIRST ONES Cross-Realm raiding is now available on Mythic difficulty. MYTHIC+ With Cross-Faction Instances becoming available, the Cryptic Hero: Shadowlands Season 3 achievement now requires a Mythic+ Rating in the top 0.1% of all players in your region.