FORUMS
Damien

Heroes of the Storm Thrall

Guest Almerz

need to fix Worldbreaker (20 level) talent disscusion. It's old

9 minutes ago, Guest Almerz said:

need to fix Worldbreaker (20 level) talent disscusion. It's old

This was pointed out one comment above yours. An update should come today.

Guest haouman88

hi there i think the ultra at lv 20 needs some fix cuz it has abig value

1 hour ago, Guest haouman88 said:

hi there i think the ultra at lv 20 needs some fix cuz it has abig value

Not sure what you're referring to. Could you please specify?

I am a high-level Thrall with a 60%+ winrate.

After playing several games, I like to point some things out.

Crash Lightning is not a bad talent. You pick it in a lane with multiple heroes and use it when the minions are cleared. This allows quick stacks of Crash Lightning, making it a powerful talent since it triples its damage, dealing ~1200 damage at level 20. Personally, it's a situational talent for its strength and difficulty.

Rolling Thunder is probably the best solo laning talent in the game. It's extended range and 1 additional bounce allows you poke from afar and guarantee a heal. The mana return is also amazing. Instead of Mana Tide making this talent redundant, Rolling Thunder makes Mana Tide a redundant talent. If you ever need mana and faster heals, use Rolling Thunder on a lane. In teamfights, this talent's range also has its uses; it deals more damage, procs Frostwolf resilience more, and at a safer distance. It's also the only talent that makes Thunderstorm a viable talent. This is a recommended talent.

Now on to something controversial; Frostwolf Pack should be a situational talent. No matter how good you are, the chances of failing the talent against certain comps are too high to justify picking this talent. There were so many games where this talent made or break me. If you say that Crash Lightning is unreliable, this talent is even worse at times. Personally, I generally have success with this talent but not reliably enough to say that this is recommended to most players.

Edited by Trensicourt

I feel like it's worth noting that Frostwolf's Grace acts as an ability proc when you use it, which means it procs Follow Through, so with that talent it can be used to finish off a foe after all other abilities have been used. Just wondering if that could be added into the talent's description, Follow Through's description, or at least in the Standard Sundering Build guide.

Just want to point out something about the talents:

Rolling Thunder is still weaker than Echoes of the Elements, especially late game. It provides no offensive bonus and less defensive bonus than the second charge of Chain Lightning. That being said, it's better during early game as it doesn't need to be stacked. So it's a situational talent that should be taken when you ABSOLUTELY need to win lane early game. (cough cough Braxis Holdout)

Feral Resilience is not a bad talent. You get 2 block stacks for each hero you root, and the stacks last until you cast the next root. It's a very powerful talent against heavy AA damage, like Greymane and Butcher. 

Grace of Air should only be taken with Tempest Fury. Otherwise, it's much weaker then Frostwolf Grace. 

Thunderstrom is so good that you shouldn't take anything else in the current state. The 25% damage increase is good, but the main reason it's so damn good is the 48% slow. It allows you to stick on your target very easily, or to retreat safely. Having an additional CC in your kit is just so good. 

Guest OhhhCanada

Let me criticize a few things here. Your criticism of Feral Resilience at 4 makes no sense. If you can’t land a W in high ELO, you shouldn’t be playing thrall. Plus, the three stacks of FWR and two stacks of Feral Resilence are extremely valuable if you get caught out and need to heal up to get back into the fight. Not to mention the 50 armor is extremely useful when solo laning early against melee. It’s by far one of the best options, if not the best option at that level and you need to fix it. I agree with Frostwolf Pack being a decent talent choice there, but Mana Tide? Come on. Secondly, Maelstrom Weapon all the way. This meta has high HP tanks and assassina that you can easily acquire stacks on if you’re smart with your team. It doesn’t take long to get the 40, and the bonuses are far worth it. Especially when you know what you’re doing. You can literally melt squishy assassins late game having this talent and catch them. I don’t understand your reasoning for “X”ing it completely. Everything else I agree with in some way as it is situational. But you’re missing out on my two critiques. To anyone reading this: try this out. If you’re confident in your play. Echo<Feral<Maelstrom<Earthquake<Frostwolf<Temptest<Earthen Shields. I strongly believe this is the best thrall build for defense, engage, utility, self-heal, damage, etc., and it can be used in most matchups.