Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Heroes of the Storm Greymane

15 posts in this topic

Nice guide.

One question though: Where is the Lost Vikings Guide????

Its not here or i finally just went blind

Unfettered assault is a defensive talent and a guaranteed get out of jail free card as opposed to on the prowl

Unfettered assault is a defensive talent and a guaranteed get out of jail free card as opposed to on the prowl

Not really, movement speed is always strong either defensive and offensive, keeping up the attack speed to get the movement speed is not that hard and you get more benefit

The fact that you are using that as an escape mechanism instead of the damage it provides, then pretty much you are wasting time, and 1 sec is A LOT in a moba, a lot of things can happen so its really subpar

It reminds me the evasive fire on sylv,

Not really, movement speed is always strong either defensive and offensive, keeping up the attack speed to get the movement speed is not that hard and you get more benefit

The fact that you are using that as an escape mechanism instead of the damage it provides, then pretty much you are wasting time, and 1 sec is A LOT in a moba, a lot of things can happen so its really subpar

You are incorrect. The cast time of the skill is faster than the 30% you can get from on the prowl as it is available IMMEDIATELY after casting Darkflight, possibly making it the one real escape talent available to Greymane at his most vunerable time (don't say anything about Eyes in the Dark, if you're not taking thick skin you are very confused) . As a matter of fact, the increased range gives the ability the same range as his Darkflight. With 10 stacks of Wizened Duelist your auto attack significantly outperforms Razor Claw in damage, so by this point it has already become more of a positioning tool rather than for damage. I also didn't say that I use it EXCLUSIVELY as an escape mechanism, it is equally good at clawing PAST heroes you're chasing down, thus securing your kills. Relying on anything for inner beast even with Wolfheart is too risky considering his lack of sustain, especially with stacks to protect

Oh and by the way, evasive fire on sylv is embarrassing. If you're not paralysis/overwhelming stop playing the character shes not for you

You are incorrect. The cast time of the skill is faster than the 30% you can get from on the prowl as it is available IMMEDIATELY after casting Darkflight, possibly making it the one real escape talent available to Greymane at his most vunerable time (don't say anything about Eyes in the Dark, if you're not taking thick skin you are very confused) . As a matter of fact, the increased range gives the ability the same range as his Darkflight. With 10 stacks of Wizened Duelist your auto attack significantly outperforms Razor Claw in damage, so by this point it has already become more of a positioning tool rather than for damage. I also didn't say that I use it EXCLUSIVELY as an escape mechanism, it is equally good at clawing PAST heroes you're chasing down, thus securing your kills. Relying on anything for inner beast even with Wolfheart is too risky considering his lack of sustain, especially with stacks to protect

Oh and by the way, evasive fire on sylv is embarrassing. If you're not paralysis/overwhelming stop playing the character shes not for you

First the reason i said the escape mechanism is because im not you, i dont know how you play it, in that regard im in fault too because i said it reminds me the evasive fire but i didnt said i play it and that it is the way to go bla bla, so dont put the a-hole note "dont play it".

Second, is a matter of preference, i like more a passive than to depend on a cooldown, probably the reason why this is suggested instead of a range ability

This guys arent that bad in the game to just put this and said it without testing, i think everyone is at least rank 1 and is not that easy to get there

Great guide, thank you.  While this is probably rarely an issue in competitive play, I find that Marked for the Kill is a viable ult in PUGs against very tanky teams when you don't have a strong front line.  I typically use it as the turning point to a kite engagement to melt down some of the beefier warriors en route to a counter-push.

Great guide, thank you.  While this is probably rarely an issue in competitive play, I find that Marked for the Kill is a viable ult in PUGs against very tanky teams when you don't have a strong front line.  I typically use it as the turning point to a kite engagement to melt down some of the beefier warriors en route to a counter-push.

I've had a friend make similar claim. However, that's a pretty narrow use for a Heroic, especially when there are other sources of vulnerability around. Good insight.

On 25/01/2016 at 5:58 AM, Guest Kroshak said:

One question though: Where is the Lost Vikings Guide????

They won't be lost anymore if they have a guide.

1 person likes this

On 10/17/2016 at 10:04 PM, GalloViking said:

They won't be lost anymore if they have a guide.

They must've found their way now, because I can see them there on the guides page! Hype!

Hey guys! This might belong somewhere else, but I'm just wondering if anyone has good tip/tricks for beginning on Greymane or maybe a good gameplay video. I've tried him before and find I have a hard time keeping Inner BeastInner Beast going in team fights because neither team was really going in hard. Also, I'm not to sure how much damage his burst can do, it might be nice to see a really good Greymane player just to get a feel for what he can and can't pull off. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Niteshadow said:

Thanks!

I think one of the most important things to remember in the situation you describe is how the reset can actually work. If a team fight is occuring, make sure that you're not pushing in with Worgen form and then finding yourself stranded and getting kited. Play smart and make sure that, when there are those moments of down time in which nobody is pushing in after an initial conflict begins, use your surroundings to reset. Anything that you can grab, whether it might be a minion, structure, enemy hero or whatever, can be a potential reset for you.

44 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Play smart and make sure that, when there are those moments of down time in which nobody is pushing in after an initial conflict begins, use your surroundings to reset.

Alright, I'll try to be a bit more cautious with how I utilize Worgen from now on. Just as an example, I might be at an alter for ToD and both teams are backing up, but a good bit of poking was going on. I popped my Inner BeastInner Beast, expecting to keep it alive (in human form) with all the poking happening, but both teams are backing up, and I'm too far from a lane to reset off a minion or structure and going in against the enemy would be unwise as my team wouldn't follow. I think the solution here is to wait until a big team fight happens, but still it would be nice to keep it alive during a skirmish to get that extra bit of damage.

19 minutes ago, Niteshadow said:

I think the solution here is to wait until a big team fight happens, but still it would be nice to keep it alive during a skirmish to get that extra bit of damage.

Pretty much this. This is the key difference between a decent Greymane and an excellent one. Timing is everything and if you can read a fight properly to know when you can or can't push in, you'll be devastating in team fights. It's fair to say that this is MUCH easier if you are playing in a group where you can communicate over voice, but using pings to your advantage can sometimes be enough of a push to force people in from your team.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0