FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Warlock (Intellect) Trinkets

Hi, at the moment I have Wushoolay's (536), Purified Bindings (561) and Kardris' (567). I use Wushoolay's and Kardris' for Affli, because I thought / have read somewhere that Purified Bindings isn't that good until hc gear. Is it correct or should I use another combination? And which trinket should I use when I finally have luck and get Black Blood of Y?

Because the proc on PBI lines up so well with DS (most of the time) you'll always want to use it regardless of your current ilvl.

If you're remaining Affliction, I would use BBoY along with PBI if you acquire it and are efficient at getting the most out of the proc.

I thought / have read somewhere that Purified Bindings isn't that good until hc gear.

You didn't read that here.  You likely read that it is BEST-IN-SLOT at higher levels of gear somewhere else.  For Warlocks, with a 2 minute cooldown, it is your BiS regardless of item level.

• Like 1

You didn't read that here.  You likely read that it is BEST-IN-SLOT at higher levels of gear somewhere else.  For Warlocks, with a 2 minute cooldown, it is your BiS regardless of item level.

I remember at the start of 5.4 a lot of people said that PBoI was not BIS until higher gear levels to scale it.  But I don't really think it really that accurate of a statement.  I also feel it was more specific to Affliction which at the time was the op spec and pre-destro buff, since the crit multiplier on the trinket was not as stupid op as it is for Destro.

So I ran flex again yesterday to try and get PBoI before normal raid, still no luck**.  I found it funny that the group leader stated before we queued "To any of the casters who are here just for the Immerseus trinket, just drop group now, because that's a bullshit move"  I didn't realize it was such an epidemic haha. 

**God/Blizzard/RNG gods are just trolling me now... I got the hood on the regular loot drop.. then I coined, saw the word loot, got super excited, until the cloak showed up.  Just give me the @#$@$ing trinket!!!

If it makes you feel any better Demyndra, I've coined the Cloak twice off immerseus... one heroic, the other a heroic warforged :(. Le sigh.

Finally!  PBI is mine!!  My guild felt so bad for me and my bad luck that the RL had us do an alt run of Immerseus just for me :)  I told them not worry about, that I had given up hope on ever getting it... yeah they didn't believe me. After we killed him and I coined PBI, the mains came back and we extended our previous lockout.  More time on Garrosh!

Very nice...I got the HWF version last night...many cheers to be heard.  Congrats.

• Like 2

Just how good is PBI? I find myself in a constant discussion on how good PBI is over other trinket combos. I have WF PBI and WF CFR, my lock partner has BBoy and KTT. On a fight like Iron Jug, my trinket can't cleave where his Multistrike is about 16k dps on the fight. How much dps could one estimate on the static increase of stats from PBI?

Just how good is PBI? I find myself in a constant discussion on how good PBI is over other trinket combos. I have WF PBI and WF CFR, my lock partner has BBoy and KTT. On a fight like Iron Jug, my trinket can't cleave where his Multistrike is about 16k dps on the fight. How much dps could one estimate on the static increase of stats from PBI?

PBI is better then all the other trinkets. Anyone who says other wise is a moron.

Why the fuck is he using a CLEAVE trinket on Iron Jug? There is nothing TO cleave. 

Wait, you don't mean cleave. BBoY and KTT arent the cleaving trinkets at all. KTT is a ST multistrick trinket.

Now I have no idea what you're talking about. You shouldn't be using CFR like...ever. Its a really shity trinket. 

PBI is best-in-slot, period.  There's no need to compare it to anything on a numerical scale like you are asking.  It's good.  The how good part is irrelevant because it's the best.

Replacing LFR Wush with CFR is barely ok.  You really want to consider all things with the passive and active component of the trinket.  As long as you're utilizing the Intellect proc of CFR perfectly, then it shouldn't be an issue, but replace it ASAP.

• Like 1

I am using cleave trinket because BBoY and KTT won't drop or coin. I took CFR to replace a LFR Wush trinket.

We both know PBI is good, but how good.

I'm coming down with the flu and read everything wrong, I get it now.

That's really sad nothing better has dropped for you. If you have the time I'd start running reg or H ToT to try and get a Breath or a Wush if you don't get useful from SoO that week.

Hard to say "This trinket is worth X amount of DPS" because trinkets don't scale like that. A weapon for a warrior scales a little more like that, nice and flat. A trinket for a caster not so much. PBI is worth an extra 5-9% of your stats, so if you have a 496 ilvl then 5-9% of your stats isn't worth that much. If you're in full HWF then 5-9% of your stats is AMAZING. 

Look at your toon without the trinket on, add 5-9% depending on your trinket, it's worth that much in raw stats + a very strong Int proc that lines up with DS making it amazing-er, also has the 5-9% crit DAMAGE that is rather tasty.

Here's all you need to know about trinkets:

1) Get PBI, any version, and equip it.  Upgrade it with better versions if possible.

2) Get KTT or BBoY.  Both are applicable and very good.

3) Get any Heroic ToT trinket such as Cha-Ye's or Breath.  Avoid Wush and UVLS.

You're using the word 'subpar' a bit harshly.  The difference between BBoY and KTT is subjective and will fluxuate with parses due to RNG.  Optimally, you want a 580 PBI and a 580 KTT.  To your argument, anything less than that is subpar.  In reality, you're limited to the best options available, which you have no control over.  What you do have control over is improving your play, so focus on that until the trinkets cometh.

• Like 1

Just got heroic PBI last night, and I know that trink is good, but wow it scales like a beast.

Although, that could be the slight adjustment in playstyle too (making *sure* I have 4 embers to drop on CB with a havoc when PBI pops)

Although, I still need to work out my opener, very weak.... usually last in DPS untll 30 seonds in.... :/

Edited by Zilthy

Just got heroic PBI last night, and I know that trink is good, but wow it scales like a beast.

Although, that could be the slight adjustment in playstyle too (making *sure* I have 4 embers to drop on CB with a havoc when PBI pops)

Although, I still need to work out my opener, very weak.... usually last in DPS untll 30 seonds in.... :/

Are you playing Destruction I take it?

If so this is quite strange as the Destruction opener is pretty solid. You will likely get out bursted by Boomkins for a few seconds but they fall off pretty hard whilst you still retain a higher average dps.

If you want here's my opener for you to try out for yourself and see if you like it. The premise is basically to get off 2 chaos bolts and a fully charged Immolate before 4 set/metagem/KTT procs fall off.

At 3 seconds before pull I prepot and cast incinerate, after this I hit dark soul and immolate, at which point the boss is pulled and I double conflagrate. Follow up with 3 incinerates (usually everything has procced and you have built up to 2 embers, proccing 4 set) and then chaos bolt x2. After this I re-apply immolate just before all my buffs have fallen off and proceed as normal. Trying to get off at least 2 more chaos bolts before dark soul/PBI falls off.