FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Warlock (Intellect) Trinkets

FCR is garbage.  If you're even asking if you should use Bindings, you ain't been around here much, boy.

Thanks.  Yeah, I knew about Bindings, just wasn't sure FCR was SO bad to be worse than a 502 Wush.  

I am one of those unlucky ones who just could not get his hands on KTT or Bindings for weeks. Just this week finally I got LFR version of Bindings (528).

I  currently use Wush 530 & Hydra 536. I am currently debating if I should upgrade Bindings to 536 and replace hydra. I play both affliction and destro, here is my toon.

So, I am looking for ideas on a couple of things....

1) As I am playing both destro (gosac) and affliction, I thought it would be a good idea to stop haste at 9778 and go mastery after that instead of going all haste. Was that a good idea?

2) I also have 540 frenzy but it did not seem to do shit for me. Do people use that on any of these specs?

3) I am guessing that upgrading Bindings to 536 could help just tiny bit with destro, but I would lose on haste (was set to 9778 before rest reforged to Mastery)... Am I right on this?

thanks!

I am one of those unlucky ones who just could not get his hands on KTT or Bindings for weeks. Just this week finally I got LFR version of Bindings (528).

I  currently use Wush 530 & Hydra 536. I am currently debating if I should upgrade Bindings to 536 and replace hydra.

The answer is yes.

1) As I am playing both destro (gosac) and affliction, I thought it would be a good idea to stop haste at 9778 and go mastery after that instead of going all haste. Was that a good idea?

2) I also have 540 frenzy but it did not seem to do shit for me. Do people use that on any of these specs?

3) I am guessing that upgrading Bindings to 536 could help just tiny bit with destro, but I would lose on haste (was set to 9778 before rest reforged to Mastery)... Am I right on this?

1) You should be going full Mastery and getting 9778 Haste passively, not the other way around.  You should have Mastery on every piece of gear.  Just use AMR to find the best reforging option with the 9778 breakpoint. 

2) It doesn't do shit for anyone.  It's a shitty trinket.  Perhaps when they see no one using it, they'll consider allowing that proc to hit the primary target making it not completely worthless.

3) Upgrading Bindings isn't going to give you a whole lot.  I think your Amplification will go up 0.4% which is rather small in terms of what you're looking for.  Again, just use AMR to set up your reforge.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I don't see Blizz changing the Crystal.  Their reasoning would be:

1.  It's a cleave trinket

2.  Your spell proc'd cleave

3.  Your spell cleaves and you benefit in AoE situations

4.  When a cleave occurs, why would it hit your current target again?

It's still kewl for charging through old raids/dungeons I guess, lol

I think when I first saw it, I go 'that's a good trinket for trash!'  I was right.  It MIGHT have some fun situations.  Like if I acquire it, I might slap it on and go do Wind Lord on heroic and just not have anyone else AoE.  Imagine that trinket with PBI, all cooldowns with the boss taking 600% increased damage.  MMHM, yeah, that good.  Unfortunately, it has no relevance this tier because you can't stack Protectors up, only useful part of Galakras fight is the easy phase (same with Garrosh), and Spoils is too inconsistent with spawns to have relevancy.  I'm pretty sure the proc range is rubbish, too.  I'm glad we haven't seen that thing drop.

• Like 1

I think when I first saw it, I go 'that's a good trinket for trash!'  I was right.  It MIGHT have some fun situations.  Like if I acquire it, I might slap it on and go do Wind Lord on heroic and just not have anyone else AoE.  Imagine that trinket with PBI, all cooldowns with the boss taking 600% increased damage.  MMHM, yeah, that good.  Unfortunately, it has no relevance this tier because you can't stack Protectors up, only useful part of Galakras fight is the easy phase (same with Garrosh), and Spoils is too inconsistent with spawns to have relevancy.  I'm pretty sure the proc range is rubbish, too.  I'm glad we haven't seen that thing drop.

Well, one unintended consequence is that it can pull stuff when you solo.  That's happened to me a couple times.  It's going in the bank.

Edited by bangorme

Trinkets such as KTT have rppm that scale with item level? Are you sure about that? I was under the impression that only the proc strength gets stronger. Even when you hover over normal version of the trinket vs heroic version, rppm stays the same. Only trinket that has had rppm scale with item level was UVLS.

Positive.  Exactly laid out with the formula I listed.  And you're very wrong about UVLS being the only trinket that had its RPPM value scale with item level.  They all did.  And they all still do.

• Like 1

When Zagam said "you're very wrong about..." I think he actually meant, "Thanks for inquiring and welcome first time poster..."

Senior blunt pants, haha.

I can see where the confusion is though.  All the ilvl's on WoWhead for KTT show 0.92.

• Like 1

Fixed the RPPM values and Intellect proc of Black Blood. 

And yeah, I came off stern but it was more casual like 'hey man, you're totally wrong there.'  Blizz doesn't announce lots of little quirks.  Wouldn't surprise me to see Haste have a further effect on the RPPM values like they did before.  They released this list of equations early on 'for theorycrafters' which didn't really make a ton of sense. 

• Like 1

Fixed the RPPM values and Intellect proc of Black Blood. 

And yeah, I came off stern but it was more casual like 'hey man, you're totally wrong there.'  Blizz doesn't announce lots of little quirks.  Wouldn't surprise me to see Haste have a further effect on the RPPM values like they did before.  They released this list of equations early on 'for theorycrafters' which didn't really make a ton of sense. 

They aren't really theorycrafters, they are just statisticians analyzing data after they make changes to try and get the end result they're looking for.

What it feels like:

"What does the average person dps when we do....this?"

"Ok that was too much. How about this...?"

"Now they're kinda behind, let's try...nope, now they are getting massive Imp armies."

"One last...yep, that's what we wanted. Let's publish that change."

"UVLS nerfed by 40% for Warlocks and Imp damage reduced by 30%."

Isn't playing the world wide market one of the bigger theorycrafting undertakings out there?  :D

They're probably a little *too* in tune with such things.  For instance, the reason I don't think they've released new player models yet is because they're afraid they'll drive people crazy who are really "connected" to their characters.  You don't want to be responsible for driving thousands of people crazy simultaneously.

That's a little bit off-topic just to say that I think they theorycraft, but dammit I find it interesting.

Yeah could be why, Omaric, but ya know they've driven thousands (millions?) of us nuts with a zillion other changes to the game. Not sure that one more like player model updates is gonna make a diff when some of us are already all the way crazy.

wacko.png

Edited by Caolela

Unfortunately I don't see Blizz changing the Crystal.  Their reasoning would be:

1.  It's a cleave trinket

2.  Your spell proc'd cleave

3.  Your spell cleaves and you benefit in AoE situations

4.  When a cleave occurs, why would it hit your current target again?

It's still kewl for charging through old raids/dungeons I guess, lol

Blizzard should just change this trinket to "cunning of the cruel 2.0" with thhe exact same effect, i can guarantee it will not be BiS....And as a warlock ,who would not love shadowbolt volley...

I also feel sorry for PBI, it was much more interesting in  5.4 beta, but because of PvP....Oh well

Trinkets are getting pretty boring now, it's just increase "primary stat" by "X" amount for "Y" seconds, and i really think it's a shame...Same as weapons, no proc weapons this tier( yeah i know , the legendary -_-)...

Finally got my KTT HC WF, should I start using Grim of Sac for Destro?

Are you trolling?  I can't tell...

• Like 2

Finally got my KTT HC WF, should I start using Grim of Sac for Destro?

Even without the trinket probably with PBI and higher ilvl the Gosac worth it but I don't have any math to prove it.

But I'm totally sure that with KTT Gosac it's way to go even in ST fights.

Unfortunately, it has no relevance this tier because you can't stack Protectors up, only useful part of Galakras fight is the easy phase (same with Garrosh), and Spoils is too inconsistent with spawns to have relevancy.  I'm pretty sure the proc range is rubbish, too.  I'm glad we haven't seen that thing drop.

It was actually pretty damn good on Galakras (25hc) yesterday when farming. Did about 10% damage for a fellow lock and an ele shammy who both have it. Wouldn't use it for other fights though. Not that I'd go for it for 1 fight out of 14, but for that it can be usefull.

p.s. wtb any (other) soo trinket. Makes me sad that my alt mage has flex bindings and bboy when I'm stuck with flex ktt and basic hc wush :(

It was actually pretty damn good on Galakras (25hc) yesterday when farming. Did about 10% damage for a fellow lock and an ele shammy who both have it. Wouldn't use it for other fights though. Not that I'd go for it for 1 fight out of 14, but for that it can be usefull.

p.s. wtb any (other) soo trinket. Makes me sad that my alt mage has flex bindings and bboy when I'm stuck with flex ktt and basic hc wush sad.png

Do you really have issues murdering the adds that it's needed?  I mean, the trinket is absolute garbage in P2.  LIke.... the proc is useless there.

I had to ask our Ele shaman to unequip it on Garrosh last night because it only really does anything in P1.  Again, absolutely useless in the last phase unless you get *really* lucky with clumped up MC's?  That trinket is just lame this tier.

absolutely useless in the last phase unless you get *really* lucky with clumped up MC's? 

Relevant for 25 only.  We have 2 MCs in 10 man.

• Like 1

Relevant for 25 only.  We have 2 MCs in 10 man.

And even for 25, I couldn't see it being any useful. 

That trinket is pure useless shit, even for Galakras, the most important thing for Galakras is killing shamans fast, not AoEing the entire groups, that's the easy part.

Edited by Ilion

If you stack your raid, there is no luck involved in getting MC's close together on Garrosh.

Siegecrafter heroic and on mine duty (although Affliction tunneling boss and cleaving adds might be interesting) or Spoils (on Mogu or if your tank chain pulls on Klaxxi) are the only fights I see that -MIGHT- be viable for that trinket.

RP trinket. Save your DKP and your free-roll coin.

If anyone is using their coin for the Crystal I'm going to wind up my backhand.