FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Warlock (Intellect) Trinkets

KTT Heroic WF dropped for me today *__*

I'm on fire!!!!1

But dunno if i'll switch BBOY 561 for the KTT 580, maybe BBOY well used it's just too strong.

For those who have black blood of yshaar'j: how do you manage to get the maximum benefits of this trinket in destro?

Is it better casting the maximum of chaos bolts (usual) just after it procs (ignoring everthing else because 10 sec is really short)?

Is it better waiting about 6 second before the buff drops in order to cast 2 cast bolt then refresh immo with max buffs(9 or 10 stacks)?

Is it better to refresh immo when there is 6 seconds left then cast 2 chaos bolt in order to have the last bolt at 9 or 10 stacks?

Usually i always have 2 embers in stocks (saving  for trinkets procs) because as soon as i reach 3 embers i cast chaos bolt under 4P buff (even if i have no other proc to avoid embers cap) or i wait until the cap if no buff and no 4P proc (because of his icd) then cast 2 chaos bolt under 4P buff.

First, don't ever cap yourself on embers. 

Second, BBoY works best if you wait until about 4 and start casting CB>Immo>CB. Casting three during makes the first one hardly worth anything.

i got huge issues with PBI not proccing at pull. i feel like a gm is trolling me all day long since i can set my alarm clock to get a proc AFTER dark soul potion ofc berserking and everything else went down...

this is really frustrating since my dps lacks really hard... btw its not like this happens 1 in a million times. no, its rather the other way around... just never ever procs...

anyone else noticed this - any ideas how to fix this ?

regards

Make sure you're delivering as many spell hits off the bat as possible.  It has a 15% chance to proc on spell damage, so make sure your first spell is Conflagrate followed by another Conflagrate and then Immolate when you have Tempus Repit up.  Curse of Elements can also proc the trinket, so be sure to use that in there as well.  You'll still face some bad RNG occasionally, but more often than not, my trinket is up within the first 5 seconds.

• Like 1

thanks.

does RoF affect this trinket aswell in terms of proc chance?

Easy way to test it yourself. Go to a dummy and spam RoF (make sure to unequip your Legendary cape if you have one). Trinket procs, yes. If trinket doesn't proc, no.

I will say, even when we pop hero immediately and I have a fast Immo going and everything off the start, I find I have one of two occurrences. Either I get my PBI to proc within 2 seconds, or I get it to proc at 10 seconds as KTT is falling off.

^ Same here. More often than not, PBI doesn't proc until KTT and other procs are winding down or gone. That's with pre-pot Incin - CoE - DS - Immo - Conflag x2 - Incin, etc.

Edited by Caolela
  • Like 1

Hello guys i need some help from u regarding trinkets as destro, these are what i got atm:

KTT flex 0/2

PBI normal 2/2

BBoY normal 0/2

PBI is ofc already set but which should i use BBoY norm or KTT flex?

Going Mastery > crit > haste atm.

KTT

Interesting.... that is good to know.  I was not sure if I was going to continue working on acquiring a flex version of that trinket (In addition to normal/heroic)

Interesting.... that is good to know.  I was not sure if I was going to continue working on acquiring a flex version of that trinket (In addition to normal/heroic)

Yeah KTT is amazing for Destruction.  It's always nice seeing it proc for 400k off of a CB.

I've been wondering about trinkets lately. I'm a destro warlock currently using a 561 KTT and a 536 PBoI (nothing else has dropped for me =/). So, my first question: is the 548 Flex BBoY better than the the 536 PBoI?

My next question: Let's assume I get a normal (561) BBoY and a heroic (574) PBoI in the coming weeks... which of the 3 trinkets should I use? I saw it recommended that someone use a flex KTT over a normal BBoY, so is it correct to go with the PBoI and the KTT?

Final question: Let's say I miss a raid day and have to settle for a chance at the normal PBoI -- where would it stack up in this list?

TL;DR: Is 548 BBoY better than 536 PBoI when paired with a 561 KTT? If I find myself with a 561 KTT, 561 BBoY, and 561/574 PBoI, which two should I use?

For Destro:

LFR PBI and reg KTT over Flex BBoY.

Reg PBI & KTT over BBoY.

PBI, even lfr upgraded, is very strong, and continually gets stronger as gear goes up since it continues to add more secondary stat rating.

PBI is a staple.  Don't replace it.  Your current trinkets are perfect for Destruction.

As far as BBoY, it really depends how comfortable you are with using the proc to its fullest potential.  I prefer KTT because it's equip/forget.  Throw out spells when it procs without worrying about what time period within the proc I'm dealing with.

PBI is a staple.  Don't replace it.  Your current trinkets are perfect for Destruction.

As far as BBoY, it really depends how comfortable you are with using the proc to its fullest potential.  I prefer KTT because it's equip/forget.  Throw out spells when it procs without worrying about what time period within the proc I'm dealing with.

Yeah, Basically BBoY has the higher int proc potential to scale Chaos Bolt, but you have half the time per proc to use it in order for it to be better... 

I know you guys are loving KTT over BBoY for Destro despite BBoY simming just the tiniest of bits more, since KTT is so much easier to use. But I got KTT and wf BBoY, and I'm wondering how many of you would go for the wf BBoY. Both normal quality. I'm guessing the wf BBoY will be better dps as long as I use the proc well. I had Wush's last tier, and I liked it. But I'm curious how many of you would be willing to switch over to the wf BBoY.

For Destruction, I don't care what sims say.  BBoY requires perfect utilization at its maximum power for it to come close to barely tipping over KTT.  This is, at best, a dream because of all the movement, weirdness, and mechanics of each fight.  Try timing a 10 stack Chaos Bolt only to be knocked up in the air on Malkorok or get targeted by a Sawblade on Siegecrafter.  This alone is reason enough to avoid BBoY for Destruction.

Passives: 2200 Haste vs Multistrike: no contest here.  Multistrike adds 5-6% to your total damage.  Haste can be reforged into Mastery, but meh.

Procs: 14000 Intellect for 10 seconds vs 14000+ Intellect for 5 seconds.  The thing with BBoY is you aren't going to be tossing CBs as soon as it procs.  You're at best going to get two in those last 5 seconds IF no mechanics hinder you.  With KTT's proc, you get a solid Intellect proc for 10 seconds making any timing with CB or SB easily accounted for.

Some may be 'willing' to go to BBoY, but I argue that's a mistake for the above mentioned reasons.

• Like 1

I'd say KTT is probably still better than BBoY a tier above it. Perfect, stand-still sims where everything aligns and BBoY can maybe slightly beat it.

But there's always going to be something that screws you out of the 10 stack chaos bolt every once in a while. KTT is reliable, you should always be able to fit in a couple of big chaos bolts with it, and its baseline of multi-strike is far superior to BBoY's haste.

In my experience BBoY also seems to proc back-to-back more often than KTT does, which isn't a good thing. That's probably just skewed by my limited use of it though.

edit: or what zagam said. Man, you're everywhere

Edited by Oldtrout

edit: or what zagam said. Man, you're everywhere

Two equal opinions: great minds think alike.  Unfortunately, you just put Michelle Branch's "Everywhere" lyrics in my head.  Sometimes, I hate my brain.

• Like 1

oh yes, we're coming from the same place, but who's gonna bother listening a smelly little fish when the Sha of Fel Magic is preaching next door

Try timing a 10 stack Chaos Bolt only to be knocked up in the air on Malkorok or get targeted by a Sawblade on Siegecrafter.  

And as if the annoying mechanics aren't enough, I raid with two life-grip happy priests who don't like how near I stand to nasty shit

Edited by Oldtrout

So I got my normal BBoY last night, was wondering what people who run destro/aff do when they have both KTT and BBoY in terms of haste.

I'm still going to use my PBI + KTT on destro obviously, but plan on switching to PBI + BBoY on Affliction.

Right now I run the 10124 haste BP, do people just take the extra haste when switching to Aff (obviously reforging some haste to mastery), or drop back down to 9778 as Aff with the trinket and just don't bother about the 10124 bp on destro anymore? Not even sure if it's possible at 566 ilvl, haven't checked if I can hit the lower bp yet with it since I'm at work.

Edited by Strife

For trinket choices, read above.

You can play with any set up and do well, but most of us are totally forgoing haste as Destro and largely ignoring Affliction. If I wanted to keep a gear setup for both and have some haste as Destro, I'd keep it at the point that equipping BBoY put me at 9778 for Affliction.