FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Destruction Tips and Quirks

When we discust abou CB and SB on a target bellow 20%health and very prbly that target will die we have to consider that SB gives you 2 embers bck , so embers reg is another reason to SB , if it crits is a bonus if not thx for my 2 embers

I'm talking about a boss tho.

My team finally down Garrosh this Thursday it was a good feeling to have Garrosh on normal beating finally, starting Tuesday we going to work on Heroics

On Garrosh I would Havoc Weapon + Boss, or Boss + 3SB on adds - should I always be using SB when they hit under 20% even if they will not die? I try to follow the CB rule for SB as I only use it with procs, greater than 3.5embers. Expect with I use Havoc I will spam 3 SB quickly (am I doing this right)

My team finally down Garrosh this Thursday it was a good feeling to have Garrosh on normal beating finally, starting Tuesday we going to work on Heroics

On Garrosh I would Havoc Weapon + Boss, or Boss + 3SB on adds - should I always be using SB when they hit under 20% even if they will not die? I try to follow the CB rule for SB as I only use it with procs, greater than 3.5embers. Expect with I use Havoc I will spam 3 SB quickly (am I doing this right)

First, grats!

Second, time the SB appropriately so when you do, you get 3 in and the add dies. Personally, because I'm so familiar with the fight I can tell how my raid DPS is going to kill the adds. Since I have this knowledge I can effectively "spread" SB around. This means: I have 3ish embers so I use 2 on one target and immediately switch to another and blow 2 more (by the time the first one is dead I get my embers back to full). With this technique I can properly spread the SB herpes and effecitly do good Destro numbers.

Depending on your assignment you might be able to cleave off of the weapon. MOST 10 mans have the warlock solo'ing the weapon since CB does so much damage. If you're not assigned to it then put up Immo and go to town on Garrosh since boss damage is most important. Burn, burn, burn those embers with FnB on the adds then SB your heart out.

There is a setting in TidyPlates that increases the Healthbar by X% when an add is at Y% if you use this add on. I find it very helpful for Destro. Good luck!

First, grats!

Second, time the SB appropriately so when you do, you get 3 in and the add dies. Personally, because I'm so familiar with the fight I can tell how my raid DPS is going to kill the adds. Since I have this knowledge I can effectively "spread" SB around. This means: I have 3ish embers so I use 2 on one target and immediately switch to another and blow 2 more (by the time the first one is dead I get my embers back to full). With this technique I can properly spread the SB herpes and effecitly do good Destro numbers.

Depending on your assignment you might be able to cleave off of the weapon. MOST 10 mans have the warlock solo'ing the weapon since CB does so much damage. If you're not assigned to it then put up Immo and go to town on Garrosh since boss damage is most important. Burn, burn, burn those embers with FnB on the adds then SB your heart out.

There is a setting in TidyPlates that increases the Healthbar by X% when an add is at Y% if you use this add on. I find it very helpful for Destro. Good luck!

No one is assigned to weapon I just do it, team is me, hunter, shadow priest and elem shammy so we just throw a dot on weapon (SS, Immolate, etc,,) and I will mouseover incinerate and Havoc it with GoSac.

What do you mean with the tidyPlates? I have ElvUI and if it just so you know they at 20% and under than I good as I can tell at a glace, but if you talking about  knowing something different like under 10 or 5% no I do not have something like that set up.

P1: FNB+ Immolate + ROF -> CB spamming as long as time I finish the cast I already or will have the ember I about to use refilled. If I cast a CB and didn't get the ember back by the time I finish than I go back to normal rotation until new adds come and than I repeat what I was doing.

P2-P3 - normal rotation following the CB rule

Discovered a bug on wed night during Garrosh progress. Had me stumped for a few days but managed to find it in recordings in the end.

I had 4 full embers and was casting an incinerate with FnB toggled on due to just aoeing the shit out of some adds. Mid incinerate cast I realised FnB was turned on so hit the hotkey to disable it. This usually just turns it off at the end of the cast. My incinerate still went off, but I ended up losing all 4 embers instead of just 3.

Only had this happen to me in Garrosh 2nd transition, but it happened at least 2 or 3 times on wednesday. Just a PSA to let you guys know about it, and wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

That's weird.  Whenever I'm casting Incinerate or Immolate and toggle F&B midcast, it will stop my cast before it completes.

Yes, most of the time this is what happens. It's weird because it happened a few times but only in that exact situation (engaging the boss in second transition).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oElo4V4q1SA

Above is the youtube clip I made of the effect occuring. The incinerate still goes off and I lose all 4 embers, gaining a few back from the incinerate and subsequent conflag.

Really odd.

• Like 1

Havoc glyphed at Paragons H just make our opening AMAZING.

Love this semi-padding/mega-bursted havoc baby.

Just as long as you remember only damage done to Skeer really matters.  Having big numbers here only looks impressive if it's helping you kill Skeer first.  Using Havoc to pad here may make you look good to some scrubs, but the real raiders will be able to find out if you're making your numbers artificially larger.

Just as long as you remember only damage done to Skeer really matters.  Having big numbers here only looks impressive if it's helping you kill Skeer first.  Using Havoc to pad here may make you look good to some scrubs, but the real raiders will be able to find out if you're making your numbers artificially larger.

No, damage on both of the opening bosses matter. Most guilds I've seen lately cheese the bloods by opening on one of the other two bugs for the first 3-5 seconds so that the bloods on cast on him then switching and burning Skeer before the second round of bloods comes out or if the second set of bloods does come out Skeer is at less then 15% Hp and the bloods can be stunned once and ignored.

In ten man with two warlocks both using glyphed Havoc we had issues with to much damage being done to Skeer and thus setting the bloods on him, but that's easy fixed. 25m even with three warlocks running glyph of Havoc and using a double opener my kills didn't have issues.

I know, havoc in opening it's used to generate more embers, it's not about the dmg done overall but the dmg done at Skeer, u can easily pull out 4 CB when double-incinerate/conflagrate/immolate 2 boss in same time.

No, damage on both of the opening bosses matter. Most guilds I've seen lately cheese the bloods by opening on one of the other two bugs for the first 3-5 seconds so that the bloods on cast on him then switching and burning Skeer before the second round of bloods comes out or if the second set of bloods does come out Skeer is at less then 15% Hp and the bloods can be stunned once and ignored.

In ten man with two warlocks both using glyphed Havoc we had issues with to much damage being done to Skeer and thus setting the bloods on him, but that's easy fixed. 25m even with three warlocks running glyph of Havoc and using a double opener my kills didn't have issues.

You guys are doing it wrong.  Best way to do this is have two people who don't have burst CDs or trinkets attack Rikkal while everyone else waits the 2.5 seconds it takes for him to cast Bloodletting.  As soon as the Bloods spawn, EVERYONE hard switches to Skeer.  If you do 0.5% of Rikkal's HP pool and don't do shit to Skeer, bloods go right for Rikkal.  This way you don't collectively waste 3 seconds of 10 second trinket procs.  Using Havoc to shift this isn't going to overcompensate for simply waiting 3 seconds.  Doing it this way allows us to not even see the 2nd spawning of the Bloods.

I think we let our worst DPS attack Rikkal while everyone else waits for the Bloods to come out.  I still pre-pot and get 15 seconds of it with Skeer.  I just watch my DBM timer for Bloodletting and AS SOON as they spawn, I apply Havoc to Rikkal, pop CoE (glyphed to hit all 3), then open a can of whoopass on Skeer so that 100% of my KTT proc (and all other procs) is spent doing effective damage.

Best way to do this is have two people who don't have burst CDs or trinkets attack Rikkal

25m is like herding cats, most cases it's easier to say "you 20 do this and then this" then it is to say "you two do this, you three do that, you 17 wait here and then do this after that happens"

It was pretty easy to convince everyone to not attack at all when I mentioned they were losing 20-30% of their trinket burst on a target where damage didn't matter.  I just said 'how about we don't attack Rikkal and let the tanks do that.'  You could literally hear the lightbulbs dinging over Mumble.

Went from 'fuck, shit, CC those bloods!' on the 2nd set to 'did he even spawn the 2nd set of bloods?'  Made it so people could focus on dancing better.  Yay dancing.  Boo me not seeing this boss again until 2014.

Yes, most of the time this is what happens. It's weird because it happened a few times but only in that exact situation (engaging the boss in second transition).

Above is the youtube clip I made of the effect occuring. The incinerate still goes off and I lose all 4 embers, gaining a few back from the incinerate and subsequent conflag.

Really odd.

i just had this exact bug happen to me twice.

The first time, I was at 3 embers. It was during empowered mines on heroic blackfuse so I was using FNB. I noticed the mines died and stopped spawning so in the middle of FNB-incinerate, I pressed FNB again to disable it. Usually this just cancels the FNB cast, but for some reason it kept going. At the end of the cast, I lost all my embers. Can't remember if the cast actually went off or anything like that.

The second time it happened at 4 embers. I was casting a FNB-incinerate again, toggled FNB, noticed it didn't cancel the cast, so I started hitting FNB toggle like 5 times. The cast did not cancel, but at the end I didn't lose embers or shoot any projectile. Super weird bug.

May be worth noting I was using KJC

FnB is definitely clunky that's for sure.

I hate turning it on, quickly realising I don't need it, and then having to faff with it to turn it off.

It's unresponsive when you want to turn it off. You seem to have to wait a few seconds, and in this time I often end up not only turning it off, but also back on again. Grr.

Weird, I usually have trouble turning it on, but no problems turning it off.

It's better than the old version though, where you had to spam it to use it for every spell during AOE -_-

Edited by mediocregatsby

I've had no issues with FnB.  When I turn it off, it cancels the cast which is exactly what I want.  The previous version was a nightmare.

I made a stopcasting macro for mine so that I could toggle it on and off easier, but it still triggers an internal cooldown to prevent quickly turning it off if you accidentally put it up, as LS mentioned above.

So I finally got my 4set bonus for normal

When it procs and 15% crit buff up do I drop everything and try to get 1-2 cb off during that time or what?

Also anyone know the id for the spell so I can add it to my extraCD 

So I finally got my 4set bonus for normal

When it procs and 15% crit buff up do I drop everything and try to get 1-2 cb off during that time or what?

Also anyone know the id for the spell so I can add it to my extraCD 

No, it's nice when it happens and IF you can line it AND another proc up you should, but by itself it isnt worth CBing.

I normally use the proc the most when Im filling embers, when I know that Im outside the ICD of the 4pc proc and Im at ~29 embers I start a CB so that I get the proc with my CB, this is in place of waiting until ~35 embers to fire a CB to prevent capping

• Like 1

My procs and buffs are:

-purified bindings of immerseus 12k inte

-KTT 12k inte

-lightweave (tailor)  2k inte

-4P  T16   (15%crit)

-jade spirit

-dark soul (30%inte)

-potion (4k inte)

-2P T16 (5%crit)

I only cast chaos bolt and shadowburn during trinkets procs (dark soul used when pbi proc);4P T16 when reaching 3 embers.I use potion pre pull and during bloodlust.

I totally ignore lightweave; jade spirit and 2P T16; considering them as passive abilities.

Does i miss something; is there better use of chaos bolt?

PS: i cast chaos bolt and shadowburn when reaching 3.5 embers even with no buff to avaoid cap.

No, it's nice when it happens and IF you can line it AND another proc up you should, but by itself it isnt worth CBing.

I normally use the proc the most when Im filling embers, when I know that Im outside the ICD of the 4pc proc and Im at ~29 embers I start a CB so that I get the proc with my CB, this is in place of waiting until ~35 embers to fire a CB to prevent capping

OK cool, I can use it that way

Found the ID, is there still a 10 sec or so icd or has that been removed?