FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Destruction Tips and Quirks

OK cool, I can use it that way

Found the ID, is there still a 10 sec or so icd or has that been removed?

Destro 4pc still has a hidden 10 second ICD

Soo Heroic Dou Dou Shoulders or Rime-Rift from norushen? 

Or it really doesnt fricken matter? 100 more mastery on dou dou but lose 1100 crit. 

2 quick questions.

#1.  I was lucky enough to get heroic, warforged PBI :).  I know it has a 2 min ICD, should I wait to cast DS until it procs, or should I just use DS on CD?

#2.  I know it's a very very minor difference but for 25 man raiding is it    Mastery > Crit > Haste(Haste is shit)  or Mastery > Crit = Haste?

#1.  I was lucky enough to get heroic, warforged PBI smile.png.  

go to hell.

I know it has a 2 min ICD, should I wait to cast DS until it procs, or should I just use DS on CD?

It has a 115 second ICD, DS is 120second. When at all possible you should hold DS so that you use it with a PBI proc, but warned though that PBI can screw you and not proc FOR-BLEEDING-EVER, don't hold DS for more then ~10 seconds.

#2.  I know it's a very very minor difference but for 25 man raiding is it    Mastery > Crit > Haste(Haste is shit)  or Mastery > Crit = Haste?

Doesn't matter. To much haste and you'll run in to GCD capping problems, there is nothing wrong with zero haste builds so I normally go that route. The DPS between the two is very small.

You can go Mastery > Haste > Crit, or you can go Mastery > Crit > Haste. or even Mastery > Haste = Crit.

You won't see any real tangible difference. Depends what you prefer.

I go Mastery > Haste (10.4k) > Crit.

I like haste as it feels smooth, and I can handle being occasionally GCD capped. If you don't like it then go heavier crit. Haste is still good even if you get GCD sometimes. Still affects all your other spells.

go to hell.

It has a 115 second ICD, DS is 120second. When at all possible you should hold DS so that you use it with a PBI proc, but warned though that PBI can screw you and not proc FOR-BLEEDING-EVER, don't hold DS for more then ~10 seconds.

Doesn't matter. To much haste and you'll run in to GCD capping problems, there is nothing wrong with zero haste builds so I normally go that route. The DPS between the two is very small.

Do you know the name of the PBI buff?

Hey guys  - I took a rest from wow...am creeping back in now.  My lock is like 540, Destruction.  Is Destruction still the way to go?

Regarding empowering CB...

Is the damage calculated from the start of the cast or when the cast completes?  Meaning if I start casting CB with 1.5 seconds left on a proc, will it be get the proc bonus additional damage?

End of cast. When it leaves your hand is when it is snap shotted.

*Normally* if it is snap shoting a BUFF on YOU then it is snapped at the moment it leaves your hand (Such as trinket buffs, weapon proc, etc). If it is doing more damage due to a DEBUFF on the TARGET then it is snapped when the cast LANDS on the target (Such as Horradon after a door when he gets a stack of damage taken).  

• Like 3

That makes complete sense.  However, I now realize I have been mismanaging my CB usage during those procs as I was under the assumption that it calculated from the start of the cast.

Thanks for the clarification!

Edited by McLouvre

That makes complete sense.  However, I now realize I have been mismanaging my CB usage during those procs as I was under the assumption that it calculated from the start of the cast.

Thanks for the clarification!

I did this all through t14 and half way through t15 so don't worry about it :p

I glanced through several pages and didn't see this question answered so I apologize in advance if this has been addressed.

Recommended Opener:

CoE -> DS -> immolate -> 2xconflag -> 4xincin -> 2xCB if you have Garrosh trinket.  

What's the thought process behind 2xconflags?  I feel it leaves you vulnerable to wasting 3xbackdrafts with a CB.  And if you get a trinket proc off the CoE but no meta proc you will struggle to get that last CB out under trinket effects.

I've been using:

CoE -> DS -> immolate -> conflag ->2-3 incin (depending on haste procs) -> 2xCB.

If I get a meta proc I'll throw up RoF before CB spamming.  

I've also looked through this guide, the guide on Noxxic, and on mmo-champion and can't find information about this haste soft cap everyone is referring to.  What's the all about?

Consuming backdraft in your opener (or at any time for that matter) matters a lot less than getting a super-buffed chaos bolt away in time. You're much more liable to lose one or more of your big opening procs if a) you haven't conflagrated twice in the opener (much faster ember generation than incinerate) or b ) you use an extra GCD AND lose that big cast-time reduction on your first chaos bolt. I know that most of the time I'd miss out on KTT and ember master for my 2nd CB if I didn't consume a backdraft in my opener.

The "never ever consume backdraft for chaos bolt" rule only really applies unequivocally to those periods of filler with no procs. There are situations where it's okay to do it, and the opener is definitely one.

Edited by Oldtrout
  • Like 1

Makes a lot of sense, 

Basically being out of backdrafts for incinerate is a lot less problematic than missing one of those huge 1.5-2 mil CBs.

What are warlocks doing when out of conflags and no backdraft procs?  I'm talking about 20-30 sec in on a pull.  You have an empowered immolate up so no reason to refresh.  If you already have RoF down do you incinerate w/o backdraft or fel flame 1-2 times till conflag back up?

Edit:  Also still looking into this haste soft cap business.  I see that extra immolate tick is ~10.1k haste but who cares.  Most of the time you are aiming to refresh immolate w/ meta proc which gives you a 10437 haste point.

At what value of haste will incinerate reach 1 sec cast time under backdraft?

Edited by Cardio33

Especially if you stack crit over haste after maxing your mastery, races without broken haste racials need to use 3 backdraft charges to get two CB out during the 5 second 4p proc.  The 4pc proc with all those int procs is one of the main contributors to the awesome scaling of those first two CB.

Conflags are also instant with no cast time which is an inportant contributor to building that first Ember early enough to catch your 10 second int proc and prepot.

What are warlocks doing when out of conflags and no backdraft procs?  I'm talking about 20-30 sec in on a pull.  You have an empowered immolate up so no reason to refresh.  If you already have RoF down do you incinerate w/o backdraft or fel flame 1-2 times till conflag back up?

Edit:  Also still looking into this haste soft cap business.  I see that extra immolate tick is ~10.1k haste but who cares.  Most of the time you are aiming to refresh immolate w/ meta proc which gives you a 10437 haste point.

Dont use RoF single target.  Just cast incin.  

Dont try to focus on recasting Immo with meta proc, focus on refreshing with 4pc proc. 

Do not worry about Immo haste breakpoint unless you are going Mastery > Haste > Crit.  If you have chosen to build around crit after mastery there are no breakpoints to worry about.  

Edited by Soulzar

At what value of haste will incinerate reach 1 sec cast time under backdraft?

Value is in the chart on the Destro guide.

• Like 1

Value is in the chart on the Destro guide.

Every time I dig into the details about my gameplay I am learning how big of a scrub I am.

Just learned I should never cast incinerate under a backdraft proc when meta or BL is up.  

Thanks for all the help.  +rep, +likes

Especially if you stack crit over haste after maxing your mastery, races without broken haste racials need to use 3 backdraft charges to get two CB out during the 5 second 4p proc.  The 4pc proc with all those int procs is one of the main contributors to the awesome scaling of those first two CB.

Conflags are also instant with no cast time which is an inportant contributor to building that first Ember early enough to catch your 10 second int proc and prepot.

Dont use RoF single target.  Just cast incin.  

Dont try to focus on recasting Immo with meta proc, focus on refreshing with 4pc proc. 

Do not worry about Immo haste breakpoint unless you are going Mastery > Haste > Crit.  If you have chosen to build around crit after mastery there are no breakpoints to worry about.  

I was under the impression that we were supposed to use RoF single-target when we had haste procs/cooldowns up (so, meta or heroism). Is this not the case?

I was under the impression that we were supposed to use RoF single-target when we had haste procs/cooldowns up (so, meta or heroism). Is this not the case?

You are correct, my understanding is that this is just for the opener and with Garrosh trinket which only has a 10 sec proc.

Rain of Fire is a SMALL benefit to use with Haste procs up, not Intellect procs.  You're not fishing for extra damage - you're fishing for more Embers.  The Rain of Fire use has to generate at least 3 Ember bits to be more valuable than a potential Incinerate since it has a chance to crit.  If it hits more than 1 target, then it has a higher priority than Incinerate.  Keep this in mind - but remember it has a small effect one way or another.

I think the RoF single target is just hassle so I don't bother - yeah it might be a very small gain like Zagam said, but dealing with the reticule and what not is just bothersome.