FORUMS
Damien

Discipline Priest 7.3

14 hours ago, Guest Rakuum said:

I know there's a lot here, and I'm sorry for that, but I think this should be considered for a viable, less stressful build for a Discipline Priest.  I know that since I've started using it, I've started healing for more, and running low on mana much later in encounters so I encourage you to try it out for yourselves, and see how it does.

While I do have some ideas/comments, I'm going to just pass this on to the writer/reviewer and see if we can get a response there instead - it will likely be much more reliable and accurate than my ramblings!

Thank you for putting so much time into your comment though - I'll make sure that any changes that need to be made are, and any comments on your suggestions and relayed back. Thanks again!

Guest Azarie-Frostwhisper

Great disc guide!
Under gear I can recommend "Whispers in the Dark" for a trinket slot (I have Valens in first slot), but "Whispers" do make a noticeable increase in both damage and healing, great for burst encounters when lots of healing is required and the debuff (although noticeable ofc) is manageable with a bit of practice :)

• Like 1

On 5/9/2017 at 9:22 AM, Guest Azarie-Frostwhisper said:

Great disc guide!

Glad to hear that you liked it! Thanks for stopping by to let us know your recommendation on the trinkets :)

No one has mentioned this, but the ring legendary is horrible compared to even the shoulders legendary -- mostly because a legendary ring doesn't increase stats (especially intellect) as much as a legendary shoulders.  The ring ability is not even close to good enough to make up the difference.  Legendary rankings should consider the amount added to the stats, especially intellect.

On 1/24/2017 at 3:59 PM, holysister said:

I got this recently and just do not like it, N'ero band of promises .  At least the 910 was freq useful but considering the cooldown of PW Barrier being 3min and almost all raid bosses now require constant movement - the chance to make this useful is rare.  

Can anyone else suggest a tactic to increase the proficiency/usefulness of this item.  I been trying to get 2 Penances off before the shield goes down but no luck. I usually try to drop it just before large raid wide dmg, so if I penance right after the heal may just be overheal, and if I wait for dmg, I can only get one penance off. 

I probably am just not using it right,  any suggestions?? or did Disc Priests get another Blood-totem saddle blanket, middle finger.  

I agree totally...Nero is an awful legendary.

Guest Gonger

Question

I just got the Dehja legendary chestpiece yesterday and was looking over the changes for 7.2.5 where plea won't have its mana cost increased by the number of atonements active. While the 2-charge system for PWR will definitely limit raidwide atonement spread, will these changes ultimately increase the usefulness of this legendary or will it still be undesirable/less effective than others? It sounds like it'll become quite easy to maintain at least 20% haste buff for a raid while not spending absurd amounts of mana if the legendary stays the way it is.

On 5/24/2017 at 4:06 AM, Salthegrey said:

I agree totally...Nero is an awful legendary.

I know I'm slightly late responding to this (Sorry!), but there should be a re-evaluation of everything in the rankings when we update for 7.2.5 - the release should be coming soon, so the updates will launch with it :)

On 5/25/2017 at 5:33 PM, Guest Gonger said:

Question

I just got the Dehja legendary chestpiece yesterday and was looking over the changes for 7.2.5 where plea won't have its mana cost increased by the number of atonements active. While the 2-charge system for PWR will definitely limit raidwide atonement spread, will these changes ultimately increase the usefulness of this legendary or will it still be undesirable/less effective than others? It sounds like it'll become quite easy to maintain at least 20% haste buff for a raid while not spending absurd amounts of mana if the legendary stays the way it is.

It depends on where they decide to leave the mana cost - from what I remember, it's been increased from something absolutely miniscule (0.3% or something) to 2%. Will most likely require excellent judgement on when to use it, when to conserve etc.

This is probably going to be a "wait and see" sort of thing. I don't think you can speculate the use of it with increased base cost until we see it in practice!

We are currently in the process of updating our guides in preparation for the release of 7.2.5 - all questions about "What is better for 7.2.5, X or Y?" will be answered in our guide updates. Thanks for your patience while we get everything completed and good luck in the new patch!

Guest Bryani

I skipped quite a few pages of comments so I sincerely apologize if this question has already been asked.

I was curious. The way I would want to play my disc priest is as dps with support heals. However, I can't find anything anywhere which provides information on how the stat priority might change for better mana management or higher dps.

I am well aware that I can not expect to pull the same dps as normal deeps would do, however, I have seen many instances where just a bit more dps is needed, but another healer would have to be tossed into the mix to counter that extra body.

So. Is it possible to have a disc priest more dps focused? And what would that look like?

7 hours ago, Guest Bryani said:

So. Is it possible to have a disc priest more dps focused? And what would that look like?

Take a look at Mileycyrus from Dun Modr - they top nearly every single Mythic ranking for NH (or are in top 3) and run essentially the exact same gear setup as normal. The stat priority would still push for Haste as your primary stat, followed by Crit. You would take Vers > Mastery if you wanted additional damage, but M > V if you want more healing.

Power Infusion is key on the Level 75 talents, as is PtW on level 100.

The talents in game do not align with this guide, I'm very confused. I've logged in and out and it's still the same in game. For example, the lvl 75 talents in game (fully patched of course) show the choices to be Sanctuary, Clarity of Will and Shadow Covenant, the guide shows Contrition, Power Infusion and ToF...what gives?

anyone?

Edited by gonlaz

1 hour ago, gonlaz said:

The talents in game do not align with this guide, I'm very confused. I've logged in and out and it's still the same in game. For example, the lvl 75 talents in game (fully patched of course) show the choices to be Sanctuary, Clarity of Will and Shadow Covenant, the guide shows Contrition, Power Infusion and ToF...what gives?The talents in game do not align with this guide, I'm very confused. I've logged in and out and it's still the same in game. For example, the lvl 75 talents in game (fully patched of course) show the choices to be Sanctuary, Clarity of Will and Shadow Covenant, the guide shows Contrition, Power Infusion and ToF...what gives?

The guide is written for 7.2. We are currently on 7.2.5.

The site has not had a chance to update the guide yet

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gonlaz said:

anyone?

Just confirming what Xynas has said above :) The guide has not been updated for 7.2.5 yet - we are still working on getting everything completed ASAP!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xynas said:

The guide is written for 7.2. We are currently on 7.2.5.

The site has not had a chance to update the guide yet

Thanks for answering :)

• Like 1

Guest update?
2 hours ago, Blainie said:

Just confirming what Xynas has said above :) The guide has not been updated for 7.2.5 yet - we are still working on getting everything completed ASAP!

is there an update on when it will be up?

14 hours ago, Guest update? said:

is there an update on when it will be up?

I believe the pages are now all up-to-date. They had been added to our version of the site, but not yet uploaded to the public version. Sorry for the delay and good luck with 7.2.5! :)

15 hours ago, gonlaz said:

oh heck, sorry about that - thank you!!

No problem and sorry for the delay :)

Guest Altrag

Definitely not updated fully yet:  The spell summary page is missing the fact that Penance can be cast on allies again, and PW:R now affects +4 nearby players rather than +2, and an 18sec CD (though with two charges.)  Plea also no longer appears to have the scaling mana cost.  There may be more changes (I don't main priest) but that's just what I noticed running a single heroic dungeon.

The only significant change in playstyle, at least at my level of play, is that you need to plan your PW:R a bit better if you're trying to stack atonements for a stronger Light's Wrath burst.  I imagine there will be some larger adjustments in higher level play though.

7 hours ago, Guest Altrag said:

Definitely not updated fully yet:  The spell summary page is missing the fact that Penance can be cast on allies again, and PW:R now affects +4 nearby players rather than +2, and an 18sec CD (though with two charges.)  Plea also no longer appears to have the scaling mana cost.  There may be more changes (I don't main priest) but that's just what I noticed running a single heroic dungeon.

The only significant change in playstyle, at least at my level of play, is that you need to plan your PW:R a bit better if you're trying to stack atonements for a stronger Light's Wrath burst.  I imagine there will be some larger adjustments in higher level play though.

Passing all of this on - you are correct though, there is very little change in the actual playstyle of the spec. The rotation section is up-to-date, I believe the writer just missed updating things in the summary section.

Guest Altrag

I suspect there will still need to be some updating done.  In particular, I don't see any mention of the fact that PW:R only applies 9s (60%) of atonement now, nor that Penance is now a choice between a very strong single-target heal (if you target a player) vs a fairly strong atonement heal (if you target a mob, since only 40% gets transferred to each atonement target.)  I'm not sure how relevant the PW:R bit is for basic rotations (though maybe a note in the "Mastering" section is warranted?)  The Penance change will definitely matter in some situations though, such as when the tank takes a large damage spike (especially in a M+ where you're the only healer and can't just leave the tank to the holy pallys.)

On 6/15/2017 at 10:31 PM, Guest Altrag said:

I suspect there will still need to be some updating done. 

I'll pass all of this on and see what the writer says :)

Guest Nokturn

Your guide lists Amalgam's Seventh Spine as being the best mana regen trinket, but sims show Darkmoon Deck: Promises as easily pulling ahead.

17 hours ago, Guest Nokturn said:

Your guide lists Amalgam's Seventh Spine as being the best mana regen trinket, but sims show Darkmoon Deck: Promises as easily pulling ahead.

Do you by any chance have a link to these sims? I'd like to take a look before passing this on.