Jump to content
FORUMS
Damien

Discipline Priest 7.3

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, Blainie said:

There are currently no changes to disc in this week's "class tuning" update. The comment was put in the thread prior to all the changes being released, just in case Disc did receive any alterations. The only changes for Disc seems to be in PvP.

You don't understand. When the guide is updated there is no mention of what actually has been changed in the changelog. It would be nice to know in the future what has been altered in the guide so that readers can jump right into the details instead of reading the whole guide again in search of the alterations.

 

Example:

Last updated on Sep 22, 2016 at 22:07 by Vlad

 

Changelog

  • 29 Aug. 2016: Updated for Legion's launch.
  • 07 Aug. 2016: Updated the intro text slightly.
  • 18 Jul. 2016: Updated for the Legion pre-patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Guest Random Disc Priest said:

What's the role of a disc priest in a raid? I was thinking that their absorption spells could make them good tank healers and generally smoothing out the raid's damage intake, while reducing the dps loss of having an extra healer instead of a pure dps.

In general, Disc priests are the support/hybrid class in a raid that brings damage comparable to a tank and supply decent heals through atonement. We don't excell in single or in aoe healing, though we arguably have the best single target heal in Shadow Mend, but casting this frivolously will result in mana problems. I'd also recommend taking the talent Grace for to buff this skill. In dungeons this talent is mandatory.

What are we not? Reactionhealers. What do we do? We anticipate incoming damage and preemptively put Atonements on selected members so that when the damage comes in we can start dpsing heavily for heals.

We're no longer the shield healing class like in WoD. But it is still important to use Power Word: Shield on cooldown and use Rapture as a tool to shield people from incoming damage.

So the name of our game is Atonement. Since it takes global cooldowns to buff people, it is best to limit yourself with a handful of raidmembers. Keep in mind that the duration of each buff is short so keep track of it and don't overextend since it will drain your mana and you also need to start dpsing in order to heal the ones you buffed with atonement. An exception is when a raidwide aoe damage is incoming and you have the mana or when you get free mana usage from other healers (holy priest, resto druid). In that case you can use radiance to buff as many people as possible and start dpsing to undo the damage of heavy aoe.

There are more than one playstyles. But one constant factor remains: Anticipation. You must familiarize yourself with each raidencounter so that you know when damage is incoming.  Also, when damage is low, feel free to go into 'economic mode'. As in atone the tanks and use your standard dps rotation to preserve mana. We're not expected to top the meters so don't try to compete. It will only make you oom faster. As you grow more familiar with the class you will be more competitive, but for now it is best to get used to this super fun healing class.

Edited by Ladyoftheforest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ladyoftheforest said:

You don't understand. When the guide is updated there is no mention of what actually has been changed in the changelog. It would be nice to know in the future what has been altered in the guide so that readers can jump right into the details instead of reading the whole guide again in search of the alterations.

The most recent changes are always automatically added here:

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/changelog

The changelog listed in the guide is normally used to inform people of changes on that specific page.

You can find the exact details in the changelog page (https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/changelog) as to what has actually changed across the guide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blainie said:

The most recent changes are always automatically added here:

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/changelog

The changelog listed in the guide is normally used to inform people of changes on that specific page.

You can find the exact details in the changelog page (https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/changelog) as to what has actually changed across the guide.

This is helpful and have bookmarked that page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ladyoftheforest said:

This is helpful and have bookmarked that page.

Glad I could be of assistance! If you have any other questions, just ask :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Benjignome
4 hours ago, Ladyoftheforest said:

In general, Disc priests are the support/hybrid class in a raid that brings damage comparable to a tank and supply decent heals through atonement. We don't excell in single or in aoe healing, though we arguably have the best single target heal in Shadow Mend, but casting this frivolously will result in mana problems. I'd also recommend taking the talent Grace for to buff this skill. In dungeons this talent is mandatory.

What are we not? Reactionhealers. What do we do? We anticipate incoming damage and preemptively put Atonements on selected members so that when the damage comes in we can start dpsing heavily for heals.

We're no longer the shield healing class like in WoD. But it is still important to use Power Word: Shield on cooldown and use Rapture as a tool to shield people from incoming damage.

So the name of our game is Atonement. Since it takes global cooldowns to buff people, it is best to limit yourself with a handful of raidmembers. Keep in mind that the duration of each buff is short so keep track of it and don't overextend since it will drain your mana and you also need to start dpsing in order to heal the ones you buffed with atonement. An exception is when a raidwide aoe damage is incoming and you have the mana or when you get free mana usage from other healers (holy priest, resto druid). In that case you can use radiance to buff as many people as possible and start dpsing to undo the damage of heavy aoe.

There are more than one playstyles. But one constant factor remains: Anticipation. You must familiarize yourself with each raidencounter so that you know when damage is incoming.  Also, when damage is low, feel free to go into 'economic mode'. As in atone the tanks and use your standard dps rotation to preserve mana. We're not expected to top the meters so don't try to compete. It will only make you oom faster. As you grow more familiar with the class you will be more competitive, but for now it is best to get used to this super fun healing class.

I actually think our current itteration is an extremely strong single target healer who has to rely on atonement for spread damage and in this area we aren't as well equipped for rapid spread damage as say a holy priest. I've healed both raid and tanks but honestly our tank healing with grace + shadow mend along with shields is fantastic. We completed normal dream last night and I was top healing and lowest overhealing through the overall raid. Did heroic ursoc last week and also felt to be in a great spot.

Radiance is an absolute waste of mana and almost all of your atonements should be applied by shadow mend and PWS. I agree anticipation of raid wide damage mechanics is very useful for atonement spreading but I continue to disagree with people thinking that disc has a niche role. Our overall gameplay is vastly different than other healers but our output is fantastic. On initially gearing I had far too much mastery but as I've reoriented myself towards haste and crit my ability to pump out spot heals is nigh unparalleled with the boost grace gives and shields to buy us time to pump out additional hps. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a friendly fyi for people, for raiding tellmewhen and clique are invaluable addons. Setting up the party profile to show as raid frames displays atonements and makes clique healing an absolute breeze. 

For raiding, plea and radiance are rarely used (in my experience anyways). If someone needs healing applying plea then penance etc is much less effective than a shadowmend then penance. Learning to manage mana as disc is vital and both plea and radiance in raids will destroy your mana pool. Also radiance doesn't apply 'smart' atonements so its use outside of 5 man groups is very limited imho. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for both of those comments Benji. Just to add to it, WeakAuras2 is always worth looking into as well. Absolutely love the addon and use it on every class I play.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guest Benjignome said:

I actually think our current itteration is an extremely strong single target healer who has to rely on atonement for spread damage and in this area we aren't as well equipped for rapid spread damage as say a holy priest. I've healed both raid and tanks but honestly our tank healing with grace + shadow mend along with shields is fantastic. We completed normal dream last night and I was top healing and lowest overhealing through the overall raid. Did heroic ursoc last week and also felt to be in a great spot.

Radiance is an absolute waste of mana and almost all of your atonements should be applied by shadow mend and PWS. I agree anticipation of raid wide damage mechanics is very useful for atonement spreading but I continue to disagree with people thinking that disc has a niche role. Our overall gameplay is vastly different than other healers but our output is fantastic. On initially gearing I had far too much mastery but as I've reoriented myself towards haste and crit my ability to pump out spot heals is nigh unparalleled with the boost grace gives and shields to buy us time to pump out additional hps. 

 

We certainly are not the worst tank healers, but I wouldn't go as far and proclaim us tank healers. That vocation is best left for holy paladins, it's their specialty. Our shields still have a cooldown and shadowmend is a relatively long cast. On the move this becomes useless. Ursoc is where Discs shine due to the predictibility of the incoming damage, aswell as dividing the group hence giving a bigger window to blanket the group with atonement.

Outside of the free-spell buffs offered by co healers I dont use radiance. But it has a place and together with lights wrath+ overheating proc it can be super amazing. A normal lights wrath with mindbender is also not bad. By being a hybrid spec we already qualify forfilling a niche roll. It doesn't mean that it puts us in a bad spot. We have to accept that we have limitations and are by no means fullfledged healers in the sense that we can supply the same raid wide healing like other classes can. That is not our job, we are a support class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Benjignome said:

As a friendly fyi for people, for raiding tellmewhen and clique are invaluable addons. Setting up the party profile to show as raid frames displays atonements and makes clique healing an absolute breeze. 

For raiding, plea and radiance are rarely used (in my experience anyways). If someone needs healing applying plea then penance etc is much less effective than a shadowmend then penance. Learning to manage mana as disc is vital and both plea and radiance in raids will destroy your mana pool. Also radiance doesn't apply 'smart' atonements so its use outside of 5 man groups is very limited imho. 

 

It comes down to playstyle since both plea usage and shadowmend can be viable. There is no good or bad. It's also not about topping the meters, it's about judgement, the choice you make between one hard heal or a smaller one that targets multiple people. Interchange is key. Also plea synergizes well with twist of fate.

A very handy addon is Enemy Grid for targeting mobs by healthpool instead of clicking on the mob itself. And Vuhdo is an excellent addon for tracking durations of atonements. For restoration druids it's godly and works just as well for Disc priests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The discussion is very interesting, so keep at it if you wish since it might help others reading through this thread. Thanks to both of you for contributing :) Just make sure it stays on topic with Disc!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ladyoftheforest said:

It comes down to playstyle since both plea usage and shadowmend can be viable. There is no good or bad. It's also not about topping the meters, it's about judgement, the choice you make between one hard heal or a smaller one that targets multiple people. Interchange is key. Also plea synergizes well with twist of fate.

A very handy addon is Enemy Grid for targeting mobs by healthpool instead of clicking on the mob itself. And Vuhdo is an excellent addon for tracking durations of atonements. For restoration druids it's godly and works just as well for Disc priests.

You're right that topping the charts isn't everything but staying competitive with low overhealing is something all healers should be aiming for.

I don't quite understand your logic about shadowmend vs plea. One significant heal that applies atonement vs one instant insignificant heal that applies atonement and whose mana cost quickly becomes out of control in a raid setting. The only time I would ever plea is during movement before casting penance if PWS is down tbh. Radiance is not a reliable atonement application spell as it has no smart targeting mechanics (it falls off quickly with anything larger than a 5 man group). It's a gamble every time with a high mana cost to boot. 

If you're using plea on someone who's in twist of fate proccing range then in all likelyhood that person is dead on heroic if no one else beats you to the punch to top them up. 

I've thus far found power infusion to be excellent in combination with mind bender to give yourself some mana back  while also being able to pump out emergency heals. I've not tested twisted fate extensively, I'll give it a shot on Monday for our next raid.

I'll have to get enemy grid but I personally like monitoring atonement durations on raid frames over vuhdo. I'm a bit of a minimalist though ;). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ladyoftheforest said:

We certainly are not the worst tank healers, but I wouldn't go as far and proclaim us tank healers. That vocation is best left for holy paladins, it's their specialty. Our shields still have a cooldown and shadowmend is a relatively long cast. On the move this becomes useless. Ursoc is where Discs shine due to the predictibility of the incoming damage, aswell as dividing the group hence giving a bigger window to blanket the group with atonement.

Outside of the free-spell buffs offered by co healers I dont use radiance. But it has a place and together with lights wrath+ overheating proc it can be super amazing. A normal lights wrath with mindbender is also not bad. By being a hybrid spec we already qualify forfilling a niche roll. It doesn't mean that it puts us in a bad spot. We have to accept that we have limitations and are by no means fullfledged healers in the sense that we can supply the same raid wide healing like other classes can. That is not our job, we are a support class.

I'm not in higher content (aka mythic) but I did play the role of tank healer tonight in heroics and I fared quite well. We don't have a pally healer so I can't speak to that :( I still think our single target sustain is good, not the best, but quite acceptable. 

With enough haste shadowmend is just fine. There's no fights where I've found myself with such a long period of movement where I'm unable to cast move cast move and it's panned out just fine. Popping shields and rapture if more movement is required also works.

RE lights wrath. If you're spamming radiance to get out atonements for a juicy heating up procs your overall mana use would be quite high in relation to the targets that actually benefitting from the spike healing. Why not shadowmend critical targets to stabilize them and top them up along with tanks who almost always have atonement on them?

I'm not saying we don't have limitations, every class does. I'm saying I don't agree with how people perceive disc as a 'support class'. We don't have to be able to blanket hot the raid or tranq a raid to be considered a full fledged healer. We have our own tools for healing and mitigation that combined with other healers make for an effective combo. It's the combined strength of multiple healer types that enables a successful raid. If I was pulling 50/50 dmg and healing I'd agree, yup, we're support but that's far from the reality. In higher content you can't sit back and rely on atonement healing as your #1 source. Shadowmend is our bread and butter with a healthy portion of atonement healing to complete the ensemble. 

Edited by Benjignome
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Random Disc Priest

Very educational conversation but it seems your different roles in your raid group are the main source of your apparent disagreement. Give a spin to what the other says, it might prove to be a valuable experience.

I always approach healer classes thinking "what can you do that none of the others can and how valuable is it". Based on that, I think we have a shot at being an alternative to paladins as tank healers because we can put a bubble on the tanks and keep them alive with Clarity of Will, Grace, Shadow Mend, Smite's mitigation, and our Atonement healing, while offering higher dps. I admit that my experience with holy paladins is limited to pugs as our guild has none of them, so I could easily be wrong here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To comment on the build guide, I'm not sure why Purge the Wicked would be valued over Grace in raid healing. Grace is a straight up 30% boost (to my understanding) for shields and direct heals on targets with atonement. How does a longer duration dot that passes to one extra target once per penance >= grace? To me purge is a convenience talent that is vastly overshadowed by the throughput that grace provides. Very interested in the rationale for this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guest Random Disc Priest said:

Very educational conversation but it seems your different roles in your raid group are the main source of your apparent disagreement. Give a spin to what the other says, it might prove to be a valuable experience.

It does seem that way doesn't it? I'm glad that people are learning from it, so I'm happy to leave it in this thread for now. If it continues to grow, I might put it in its own thread in the Priest forum, we'll see!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Benjignome said:

To comment on the build guide, I'm not sure why Purge the Wicked would be valued over Grace in raid healing. Grace is a straight up 30% boost (to my understanding) for shields and direct heals on targets with atonement. How does a longer duration dot that passes to one extra target once per penance >= grace? To me purge is a convenience talent that is vastly overshadowed by the throughput that grace provides. Very interested in the rationale for this!

From my understanding of when the guide was written, I believe PtW is taken because it, when compared to SW:P:

  • Does more damage.
  • Costs less mana.
  • Spreads after Penance.
  • Maintains a raid-friendly playstyle.

Grace is only good if you're using non-Atonement heals on people that have Atonement already, which seems fairly counter-intuitive. To me, at least, a Disc really starts pumping out healing when they start doing damage. Grace seems to be the opposite of that. I believe that evaluation here is looking more at the fact that Grace changes your playstyle to something that functions amazingly well in 5-mans, but not so much in larger raids.

Hope this clears up some of the confusion! If it doesn't, just let me know and I'll try again :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blainie said:

From my understanding of when the guide was written, I believe PtW is taken because it, when compared to SW:P:

  • Does more damage.
  • Costs less mana.
  • Spreads after Penance.
  • Maintains a raid-friendly playstyle.

Grace is only good if you're using non-Atonement heals on people that have Atonement already, which seems fairly counter-intuitive. To me, at least, a Disc really starts pumping out healing when they start doing damage. Grace seems to be the opposite of that. I believe that evaluation here is looking more at the fact that Grace changes your playstyle to something that functions amazingly well in 5-mans, but not so much in larger raids.

Hope this clears up some of the confusion! If it doesn't, just let me know and I'll try again :D

I'd like to counter that to say that for the first two points, the damage boost and mana cost are fairly negligible, it spreads to one other target on penance but doesn't refresh duration on the original target, and the majority of times (aside from trash) mobs aren't close enough to see the benefit of it. In a raid setting where the majority of our healing is coming from shadowmend (and atonement coming in 2nd), you're severely handicapping your ability to single target heal.

The reality of raiding is when people take damage it's not atonement and move on, it's shield to stabilize, shadowmendX whatever amount is needed (now boosted by grace) and THEN damage to proc atonement heals when people are stabilized and not in any imminent threat from dying. Atonement healing is not responsive enough (I'm talking pure healing numbers/time when looking at one health bar) unless you have a boosted penance or a heated up light's wrath. The first scenario seems to have a 45s-1min internal cd and heated seems few and far between. By not taking grace you're handicapping your SM and PWS. In comparison to grace, PtW really does then seem like a convenience spell and the weighting should be shifted considerably imo. 

From logs for the first 3 bosses in heroic dream shadowmend was over 50% of my healing with atonement sitting around 25%. Why on earth would I handicap the majority of my healing for convenience? THAT seems counter-intuitive.

Edited by Benjignome
clarity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Benjignome said:

 In a raid setting where the majority of our healing is coming from shadowmend (and atonement coming in 2nd), you're severely handicapping your ability to single target heal.

I think something is majorly wrong here.

Let's take a look at every disc healer that has reached top 10 on healing for the first 3 Heroic bosses.

Nythendra - 2 Discs

Elerethe

Ursoc - 1 Disc

I think you really need to check how you're playing your disc if you are doing 50% of your healing with Shadow Mend in a Heroic raid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps I need to go back to the drawing board then... I was on tank healing duty so the single target healing would naturally be higher. With what you linked that data would then devalue grace (much fewer shadowmends). 

In some of those scenarios the priests are casting radiance more than even PWS. I'm a bit stumped...

Edited by Benjignome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Benjignome said:

You're right that topping the charts isn't everything but staying competitive with low overhealing is something all healers should be aiming for.

I don't quite understand your logic about shadowmend vs plea. One significant heal that applies atonement vs one instant insignificant heal that applies atonement and whose mana cost quickly becomes out of control in a raid setting. The only time I would ever plea is during movement before casting penance if PWS is down tbh. Radiance is not a reliable atonement application spell as it has no smart targeting mechanics (it falls off quickly with anything larger than a 5 man group). It's a gamble every time with a high mana cost to boot. 

If you're using plea on someone who's in twist of fate proccing range then in all likelyhood that person is dead on heroic if no one else beats you to the punch to top them up. 

I've thus far found power infusion to be excellent in combination with mind bender to give yourself some mana back  while also being able to pump out emergency heals. I've not tested twisted fate extensively, I'll give it a shot on Monday for our next raid.

I'll have to get enemy grid but I personally like monitoring atonement durations on raid frames over vuhdo. I'm a bit of a minimalist though ;). 

No. Our aim as healers is to try to keep everyone alive untill the boss is dead. Competition is not an objective, it's a desire. Nothing wrong with that desire since I feel the same, but doing my job takes precedent over personal glory. The person I was retorting to had questions about the role of the disc priest. I supplied him with the basics without dismissing any playstayle. That is up to him. If you feel I misguided him in any way, feel free to point them out to me. Again, it was not about being the best healer in the raid. But it was about sharing the basics of the disc priest.

You don't understand my logic? That's what tunnelvision does to you. I spoke of Shadowmend being arguably the best single target heal among healers. One can draw conclusions from that. I then moved on to plea to show it's merit. I'd suggest you look up the talent twist of fate, how it works and hopefully you'd understand that using shadowmend to heal a low hp raidmember is not as efficient (and might be ineffective since that person might get healed above 35% when you're still casting shadowmend) as using an instant plea.

I'd rather not see this fun and challening spec be dumbed down as a 'one button class' where shadowmend is the new Powerd Word: Shield (pre Legion). Flintoid made a good point when he compared his style with a different kind of style where Healingspikes came in periods, rather than his steady heal. Radiance was used by the compared healer and he topped Flintoid. What does this mean? It means that Disc priest has more than one way of healing. Your way is not the only way and the whole point I made to the original poster was to give an idea what the disc is capable of and find his own way to heal. Im not here to say to anyone how to heal since I respect personal preference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Benjignome said:

I'm not in higher content (aka mythic) but I did play the role of tank healer tonight in heroics and I fared quite well. We don't have a pally healer so I can't speak to that :( I still think our single target sustain is good, not the best, but quite acceptable. 

With enough haste shadowmend is just fine. There's no fights where I've found myself with such a long period of movement where I'm unable to cast move cast move and it's panned out just fine. Popping shields and rapture if more movement is required also works.

RE lights wrath. If you're spamming radiance to get out atonements for a juicy heating up procs your overall mana use would be quite high in relation to the targets that actually benefitting from the spike healing. Why not shadowmend critical targets to stabilize them and top them up along with tanks who almost always have atonement on them?

I'm not saying we don't have limitations, every class does. I'm saying I don't agree with how people perceive disc as a 'support class'. We don't have to be able to blanket hot the raid or tranq a raid to be considered a full fledged healer. We have our own tools for healing and mitigation that combined with other healers make for an effective combo. It's the combined strength of multiple healer types that enables a successful raid. If I was pulling 50/50 dmg and healing I'd agree, yup, we're support but that's far from the reality. In higher content you can't sit back and rely on atonement healing as your #1 source. Shadowmend is our bread and butter with a healthy portion of atonement healing to complete the ensemble. 

You can not sustain Shadowmend the whole raidfight, it is too expensive for that. It is however a powerful single target heal so must be used wisely and not frivolously. You should not use yourself as THE example of healer since a novice asked about the spec, so Im looking from his/her perspective.

Clearly I said that spamming radiance would be done when you have the mana or when you get the free spell usage buff provided by other healers. You then have 10 seconds of spamming any spell you like. This is not always a possibility, but it is an option. Yes, you can single target heal and treat your shadowmend as if it's a godly gift, but it's not the only way to properly heal. Especially since it can give mana issues in most cases.

We are a support class, period. There is nothing disgusting about the word support since we bring dps value to the raid outside our heals. If we were to be full healers with the capacity to dps, why wouldn't every raid be filled with discs only? And why would the disc be an unpopular spec among guilds that are recruiting for healers? They all see the value of the Disc priest, but it's not good to have too many of them sine we're.. a support class. This is very evident when you look at the beta period where Discs were having trouble pushing beyond Mythic+10. It puts the Disc in a position that is unique in regard to it's specialization or lack there of. People are free to spam shadowmend and feel good about themselves but I bet Blizzard did not have the intention to make Disc priest a one button spam robot again.

Edited by Ladyoftheforest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ladyoftheforest said:

No. Our aim as healers is to try to keep everyone alive untill the boss is dead. Competition is not an objective, it's a desire. Nothing wrong with that desire since I feel the same, but doing my job takes precedent over personal glory. The person I was retorting to had questions about the role of the disc priest. I supplied him with the basics without dismissing any playstayle. That is up to him. If you feel I misguided him in any way, feel free to point them out to me. Again, it was not about being the best healer in the raid. But it was about sharing the basics of the disc priest.

You don't understand my logic? That's what tunnelvision does to you. I spoke of Shadowmend being arguably the best single target heal among healers. One can draw conclusions from that. I then moved on to plea to show it's merit. I'd suggest you look up the talent twist of fate, how it works and hopefully you'd understand that using shadowmend to heal a low hp raidmember is not as efficient (and might be ineffective since that person might get healed above 35% when you're still casting shadowmend) as using an instant plea.

I'd rather not see this fun and challening spec be dumbed down as a 'one button class' where shadowmend is the new Powerd Word: Shield (pre Legion). Flintoid made a good point when he compared his style with a different kind of style where Healingspikes came in periods, rather than his steady heal. Radiance was used by the compared healer and he topped Flintoid. What does this mean? It means that Disc priest has more than one way of healing. Your way is not the only way and the whole point I made to the original poster was to give an idea what the disc is capable of and find his own way to heal. Im not here to say to anyone how to heal since I respect personal preference.

Disc does seem to allow for multiple playstyles at this point in time. I agree with that. It can be catered to atonement heals or SM and have good outcomes in both respects. 

I see your point in regards utilizing plea to 'proc' twisted fate. When I see bars at sub 35% I generally desire to get them back up as the next spike could kill them. That's my impulse and maybe I need to rely on others to more effectively fill that role. Your tone is generally fairly condescending around this point and I think you need to take your ego out of the equation. I'm commenting on this guide for clarity, to better myself and my capacity to excel in the raiding environment. To be flatly honest I'm on a brand new character with no prior raid healing experience (on any class). I am open to constructive criticism and in fact greatly desire it to better myself.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Benjignome said:

Disc does seem to allow for multiple playstyles at this point in time. I agree with that. It can be catered to atonement heals or SM and have good outcomes in both respects. 

I see your point in regards utilizing plea to 'proc' twisted fate. When I see bars at sub 35% I generally desire to get them back up as the next spike could kill them. That's my impulse and maybe I need to rely on others to more effectively fill that role. Your tone is generally fairly condescending around this point and I think you need to take your ego out of the equation. I'm commenting on this guide for clarity, to better myself and my capacity to excel in the raiding environment. To be flatly honest I'm on a brand new character with no prior raid healing experience (on any class). I am open to constructive criticism and in fact greatly desire it to better myself.

 

I find your post ironic since my ego is nowhere near any of my posts while you were a bit selfcentered and dismissing other viable ways to heal. On top of that I gave a general idea of the class to a newcomer since I respect personal preference. How does my ego fit into this? I don't have anything against you, but it might be prudent for you to read posts more closely. See for who it is intended, instead of telling people how it's done and how they are wrong. Input is always welcomed and I hope to see more posts of your own experiences without binning other peoples views.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ladyoftheforest said:

I find your post ironic since my ego is nowhere near any of my posts while you were a bit selfcentered and dismissing other viable ways to heal. On top of that I gave a general idea of the class to a newcomer since I respect personal preference. How does my ego fit into this? I don't have anything against you, but it might be prudent for you to read posts more closely. See for who it is intended, instead of telling people how it's done and how they are wrong. Input is always welcomed and I hope to see more posts of your own experiences without binning other peoples views.

Never once said anyone was right or wrong, simply put forth a counter that you've obviously been offended by. You're not insightful to your tone, apparently. Feel free to get back on topic instead of starting a pissing contest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Stan
      Blizzard today outlined changes coming to Fire Mages in the near future on Shadowlands Alpha to give players more agency over spreading Ignite.
      The devs want to give Fire Mages more agency over spreading Ignite. At first, they wanted to make Fire Blast spread it, but the spell is used for Hot Streak, so they will make Phoenix's Flames baseline for Fire Mages, giving players more choice over when to spread Ignite. A replacement talent for Phoenix's Flames will be added in future builds.
      (Source)
      We want to make Ignite spread something the player has agency over, and first experimented with the past system of making Fire Blast spread it. However, because of the importance of using Fire Blast for Hot Streak very frequently, we’ve seen feedback that this creates a lot of tension and still makes it difficult to control when you and don’t want Ignite to spread.
      In the next alpha build, we’re going to try letting Phoenix's Flames fill this role, as a baseline spell for Fire Mages. This gives Phoenix's Flames a unique function and identity as a core spell, as well as allowing for more choice over when to spread Ignite. If we continue with the change, we’ll look into a new talent to replace Phoenix's Flames in upcoming builds.
    • By Stan
      Blizzard has posted the official preview of Ardenweald and the Night Fae Covenant, meaning the zone will likely be enabled for testing in this week's Shadowlands Alpha Build.
      The Night Fae Covenant grants players the Soulshape Signature ability which transforms you into various creatures, increasing Movement Speed by 30%. You can read more about all Signature and Covenant Abilities in our guide.
      You can also find the Mists of Tirna Scithe dungeon in Ardenweald. The story of the zone revolves around the Winter Queen. You can read more spoilers in the datamined broadcast text.
      (Source)
      A twilight-tinged afterlife for those closely connected to the wild, Ardenweald is a domain of restoration tended by the mystic night fae. Within this eternal forest, massive dream trees draw in precious anima—the essence of souls that flows through the Shadowlands—to feed the spirits of nature awaiting rebirth into the cycle.
      WELCOME TO ARDENWEALD
      The ethereal umbral forests of Ardenweald are where wild spirits return after their time on the mortal plane come to an end so that they can again be reborn. However, this lush afterlife paradise has suffered greatly from the mysterious anima drought plaguing the Shadowlands. Everything that grows here has begun to wither, and the cycle of reincarnation is in peril unless things change—and swiftly.
      First things first, you must seek out the Winter Queen—ruler of Ardenweald and the Night Fae Covenant—to deliver urgent news.
      ARDENWEALD’S INHABITANTS
      Meet the denizens of Ardenweald.
      FAERIES
      Mischievous tricksters of the woods, the mercurial faeries of Ardenweald use a mix of theatrical talents and cunning to care for rejuvenating spirits. Faeries use song to soothe away the pain of the great, resting spirits and snatch up lesser creatures lured by their eerie melodies, grinding them up into poultices. Faeries are just as easy to appease as they are to offend, so be wary of your actions.
      VORKAI
      The fierce and daring vorkai are the protectors and guardians of Ardenweald.

      Vorkai make up the bulk of the Winter Queen’s Wild Hunt, who safeguard the domain against those seeking to bring imbalance. During the anima drought, it has fallen on them to enact the Winter Queen’s decrees of which groves flourish or are left to wither.
      SYLVAR
      Loyal, polite, and graceful, the sylvar are crafters and enchanters who create tools, foci, and magical objects to maintain the ebb and flow of existence in Ardenweald.

      Recently, some groves in Ardenweald have been decreed to let their nurtured souls perish, so that others may survive the drought.
      TIRNENN
      Calm, patient, and enigmatic even to others in the Shadowlands, the tirnenn are slow to action as well as anger. They are the eldest of the Fae Court—quiet and thoughtful, and generally friendly unless you threaten their groves.

      While slow to enrage, they are terrible to behold in battle, capable of shaping the land and flora around their enemies with frightening speed.
      WINTER QUEEN
      Leader of Ardenweald, the ethereal Winter Queen is charged with the sacred task of maintaining the great cycle of rebirth: restoring perished loa, Wild Gods, Ancients, and other nature spirits and returning them to the mortal plane.

      She and the land are one; as the land thrives, so does she. But recently the land has grown sick, and this has taken a bitter toll on her. The anima drought has forced her to make hard choices over which groves to save and which to let go—losing beloved nature spirits in the process.
      DRUST
      With the drought weakening the guardians of Ardenweald, the ancient Drust have seized the opportunity to invade from their nightmarish realm of Thros. Using their twisted form of druidism to feed upon the dying groves, the Drust grow stronger with every wildseed that perishes. Though relatively few in number, the Drust are using dark rituals to pull the native fae into their forces.
      SPRIGGAN
      Spriggan are small, malicious creatures native to Ardenweald who live to create chaos. Some have heard the whispers of the death loa Mueh'zala, and gleefully carry out his plans. Others follow no ruler, simply reveling in the wanton mischief and destruction they unleash upon the inhabitants of Ardenweald.
      MORTAL SOULS
      In addition to the native fae creatures that the forest calls forth to nurture the wildseeds, Ardenweald serves as an afterlife for mortal souls who shared a special bond with the natural cycle. Druids, hunters, and others who tended the land may be judged worthy of an eternity spent caring for the wilds. Upon arrival, these souls can choose an animal form infused with the celestial magic of Ardenweald.
      These are but a few of the entities you’ll encounter in Ardenweald. While adventuring, it's best to stay vigilant—you might even cross paths with long-passed heroes of Azeroth who now wander this world.
      NIGHT FAE COVENANT
      When players reach maximum level and have explored the first four zones, they’ll be able to pledge themselves to a Covenant, like the Night Fae. Each Covenant offers its champions abilities, along with other powers and cosmetic rewards that can be unlocked through a Covenant Campaign—an epic storyline unique to the faction. This alliance also gives the player access to a Covenant Sanctum, a hall only open to players who have forged a pact with its rulers.
      Power of the Night Fae
      If you choose to join the Night Fae Covenant, you’ll gain two unique abilities—one class ability used in combat, as well as a signature ability to explore the world in a new way.
      Here is the signature ability that the Night Fae bestow upon their champions:
      To give you an idea of what to expect, you can view a list of the Covenant signature and class abilities Please keep in mind that all these are a work in progress and may have additional changes during the course of development and testing, so all abilities shown are subject to change.
      Soulbinding
      When you join a Covenant, you’ll be able to undergo an ancient rite to bind your soul to some of its most powerful members. By doing so, your character harnesses their power, gaining access to powerful bonuses. Over time, you can unlock new tiers of power and even switch Soulbinds when strategy demands it.
      Night Fae Covenant Spoils
      For your contributions to the Night Fae Covenant’s cause, you’ll be rewarded with several cosmetic rewards including: a mount, a pet, Night Fae-forged armor, and back attachments that will capture the Night Fae's attention.
      Armor Up
      Don specially crafted armor forged within the heart of Ardenweald.
      Pictured: cloth (left), plate (center), and leather gear (right).
      Mists of Tirna Scithe Dungeon and Story Spoilers Inside! We look forward to sharing more information as development continues, and we hope this preview prepares you for Ardenweald and perhaps selecting the Night Fae Covenant!
      Will you be joining the Night Fae Covenant? Join the discussion on the forums.
      Rewards and abilities are still in development and subject to change, so be sure check back for periodic updates on worldofwarcraft.com as we approach the release of Shadowlands.
    • By Stan
      Rextroy just released a new video where he one-shotted Dresta'gath with Stormstrike for 39 million damage.
      It's important to note that Rextroy reported the game-breaking bug to the developers first before releasing this video so that no one could abuse it.
      The method revolves around the Enhancement Shaman's Crash Lightning (AoE) ability that didn't have a cap on its damage boost to Stormstrike, so to one-shot Dresta'gath, Rextroy needed like a 30,000% damage boost, which corresponds to approximately 6,000 adds without any boosts.
      Here's the whole thing in more detail taken from the video description:
      Dresta'gath One-Shot Video
    • By Starym
      We have two Corruption fixes today, as the Gushing Wound nerf has finally arrived! There's also a fix for Ineffable Corruption and its effect on lockout times for interrupted spell schools.
      June 2 (source)
      Items and Rewards
      Corrupted Items Gushing Wound (Corruption Effect) damage over time effect has been reduced by 35%. Developer’s note: While we try to avoid changes like this outside of regular balance patch intervals, the changes we've made to the Corruption system to make Corruption more targetable and attainable risks turning a rare but powerful Corruption into the optimal choice in nearly every situation. With this reduction in damage, Gushing Wound will remain reasonably powerful in all situations, but will no longer be the most efficient source of damage per Corruption in all situations. Fixed a bug that caused the lockout time of interrupted spell schools to increase when the Ineffable Truth Corruption effect ends.
    • By Stan
      On Shadowlands Alpha, you can customize crafted items using up to three Optional Crafting Reagents. There have been some updates to the system in recent builds, so we're looking at the updated version in more detail.
      Optional Crafting Reagents in Shadowlands
      Optional Crafting Reagents allow you to customize the final output of an item craft. Up to three Optional Crafting Reagent slots are available. You do not need to fill all slots to craft an item. Green crafted items have two slots while rare and above have all three.
      Each slot enhances your item in a different way:
      Slot 1 increases the item level of a crafted item; Slot 2 specifies a secondary stat of a crafted item; Slot 3 adds a bonus effect to a crafted item. Slot 1: Increase Item Level
      These Optional Crafting Reagents increase the item level of the crafted item.
      Word of Power I - An Optional Crafting Reagent to increase the Item Level of the crafted piece of armor. +5 Item Level Word of Power II - An Optional Crafting Reagent that can be used to increase the Item Level of the crafted item by 10. +10 Item Level Word of Power III - An Optional Crafting Reagent to increase the Item Level of the crafted piece of armor. +15 Item Level Word of Power IV - An Optional Crafting Reagent to increase the Item Level of the crafted piece of armor. +20 Item Level Slot 2: Specify a Secondary Stat
      Optional Crafting Reagents guarantee secondary stats and allow for sockets on crafted items.
      Deadly Jewel Cluster - Can be placed in a socket or used as an Optional Crafting Reagent to guarantee Critical Strike as a secondary stat on the crafted item. Guarantee Critical Strike Quick Jewel Cluster - Can be placed in a socket or used as an Optional Crafting Reagent to guarantee Haste as a secondary stat on the crafted item. Guarantee Haste Versatile Jewel Cluster - Can be placed in a socket or used as an Optional Crafting Reagent to guarantee Versatility as a secondary stat on the crafted item. Guarantee Versatility Masterful Jewel Cluster - Can be placed in a socket or used as an Optional Crafting Reagent to guarantee Mastery as a secondary stat on the crafted item. Guarantee Mastery Elethium Setting - An Optional Crafting Reagent that, when crafted into armor, adds a socket. Add a socket Slot #3: Bonus Effect
      Add various bonus effects to crafted gear through this slot.
      Alchemist's Pouch - An Optional Crafting Reagent that can be crafted into a piece of armor, increasing the duration of Flask effects. Flask effects last twice as long. Reinforced Girdle - An Optional Crafting Reagent that can be crafted into a piece of armor, allowing the wearer to retain their Well Fed buff when slain in an Arena or Battleground. Retain Well Fed effects when slain in Arenas or Battlegrounds. Laestrite Plates - An Optional Crafting Reagent that can be crafted into a piece of armor, increasing the armor of the piece. Loosened Belt - An Optional Crafting Reagent that can be crafted into a piece of armor, increasing the duration of Well Fed effects. Well Fed effects last twice as long. Luxurious Feather - An Optional Reagent that can be crafted into a piece of armor, greatly reduces the damage the wearer takes from falling. Reduces falling damage. Necrostatic Micro Capacitor - An Optional Crafting Reagent that, when crafted into a piece of armor, increases the wearer's Primary Stat for completing World Quests. Completing a World Quest increases Primary Stat by 5 or 15 minutes, stacking up to 5 times. Hydrodynamic Accelerators - An Optional Crafting Reagent that makes the crafted armor increase the wearer's swim speed. Increase swim speed. Can only benefit from one Hydrodynamic Accelerator. Craftman's Pouch - An Optional Crafting Reagent that makes the crafted armor have a chance to give an additional skill point when crafting items from the Shadowlands. Chance to get extra skill up when crafting Shadowlands recipes. Shadowy Rabbit's Foot - An Optional Reagent that can be crafted into a piece of armor, slightly increasing the wearer's run speed. Slightly increase run speed. The following Optional Crafting Reagents currently have no slot associated:
      Relic of the Past I - An Optional Crafting Reagent to set the Required Level and Item Level of the crafted piece of armor. Relic of the Past II - An Optional Crafting Reagent to set the Required Level and Item Level of the crafted piece of armor. Relic of the Past III - An Optional Crafting Reagent to set the Required Level and Item Level of the crafted piece of armor. Relic of the Past IV - An Optional Crafting Reagent to set the Required Level and Item Level of the crafted piece of armor. Relic of the Past V - An Optional Crafting Reagent to set the Required Level and Item Level of the crafted piece of armor. What do you think of the system so far?
×
×
  • Create New...