Nieria

Regarding Outlaw rogue stat priority and rotation PvE

Sign in to follow this  

12 posts in this topic

Hi! So upon viewing the Outlaw rogue stat priority, I'm a bit confused as to why Haste is the lowest stat for us. With Outlaw's heavy influence of RNG, there are times where saber slash won't proc a Pistol Shot, causing my dps to drop tremendously. With more haste to generate energy with for more saber slashes, resulting more Run Throughs. I feel this would benefit more for constant dps rather than stacking crit just because the crit isn't going to benefit me that much if I'm taking my sweet time building up combo points for a single Run Through. I think a stat priority of Vers>Haste>Crit>Mastery might be better, however I do not have the gear to test this out yet. 

Finally, I have both Quick Draw and Deeper Stratagem talented, and a problem I've ran into is having five combo points with a Pistol Shot proc, but not knowing if I should hold the proc and spend my current points, or use the proc while wasting that one extra combo point. The guide mentions that there isn't a big difference in dps regarding this, but I feel it can at least matter when in cleave/big aoe pulls since a six point Run Through does more than a five point in big pulls.

Any insight will be appreciated. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the second point, I would use the 5 CP Run Through then Pistol Shot. Reasoning being mostly that energy generation is relatively low for the time being, and it will be easier to not lose points than to generate more.

As you said though, your overall damage done won't change 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And as expected, Carrn came to my rescue with more information than I could hope to have on Rogues!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha both of your comments helped me out a lot! 

I've encountered a few other problems. First one being when bursting and there is an overabundance of energy, would it just be better to spam Saber Slash, Run Through, repeat while ignoring Pistol Shot procs with Quick Draw talented? Because of the Dreadblade ability, that extra combo points doesn't mean anything. I'm also curious how Blunderbuss would make it worth using Pistol Shot during this burst sequence, I don't have it yet to test it out.

Last question! Quick Draw or Ghostly Strike for Mythic dungeons? 

Again, thank you guys for the help! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Nieria said:

Haha both of your comments helped me out a lot! 

I've encountered a few other problems. First one being when bursting and there is an overabundance of energy, would it just be better to spam Saber Slash, Run Through, repeat while ignoring Pistol Shot procs with Quick Draw talented? Because of the Dreadblade ability, that extra combo points doesn't mean anything. I'm also curious how Blunderbuss would make it worth using Pistol Shot during this burst sequence, I don't have it yet to test it out.

Last question! Quick Draw or Ghostly Strike for Mythic dungeons? 

Again, thank you guys for the help! :)

Use the PS proc if you have 4CP or less, and use RT once you hit 5-6 like normal. Capping on energy at this point is pretty much expected, and isn't really a big deal. Just spam your buttons faster :P

For Mythics I would lean towards Quick Draw; the majority of the pulls in a dungeon are multiple mobs, and not having to use GS every single time you change targets will be a little more fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2016 at 0:08 PM, Nieria said:

When bursting there is an overabundance of energy, would it just be better to spam Sabre Slash, Run Through, repeat while ignoring Pistol Shot procs?

 

On 9/13/2016 at 0:55 PM, Carrn said:

Use the PS proc if you have 4CP or less, and use RT once you hit 5-6 like normal. Capping on energy at this point is pretty much expected, and isn't really a big deal.

Its pretty valid to use Sabre Slash over PS even when in procs in two situations since it does much less damage.

I am of the opinion that  During CoTDB + AR portion of bursting despite buffs that its not worth casting Pistol Shot since it does significantly less damage than Sabre Slash especially when you SS proc. My only doubt about thsi is that Pistol Shot has a very short animation relative to Sabre Slash so perhaps you get less Run Throughs out.

The second situation is when you have the Broadsides, one combo point from Ruthlessness and a Pistol Shot proc  I think that it could be a loss to cast the Pistol Shot into Sabre Slash and is better to cast Sabre Slash again and if you don't proc then use the Pistol Shot or to save it for when you refresh your Ghostly Strike if you keep getting procs.

This is of course until you unlock the Dreadblades talent Blunderbuss in which case it is certainly better to use that.

I'm interested in hearing other people opinions on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Xenon said:

 

Its pretty valid to use Sabre Slash over PS even when in procs in two situations since it does much less damage.

I am of the opinion that  During CoTDB + AR portion of bursting despite buffs that its not worth casting Pistol Shot since it does significantly less damage than Sabre Slash especially when you SS proc. My only doubt about thsi is that Pistol Shot has a very short animation relative to Sabre Slash so perhaps you get less Run Throughs out.

The second situation is when you have the Broadsides, one combo point from Ruthlessness and a Pistol Shot proc  I think that it could be a loss to cast the Pistol Shot into Sabre Slash and is better to cast Sabre Slash again and if you don't proc then use the Pistol Shot or to save it for when you refresh your Ghostly Strike if you keep getting procs.

This is of course until you unlock the Dreadblades talent Blunderbuss in which case it is certainly better to use that.

I'm interested in hearing other people opinions on this.

Not really sure that I understand what you're trying to say, but the idea is that you use PS when it won't cause you to overflow on CPs and you have a proc. If either one of those things is the case, you shouldn't be using PS - if it will cap you (ie: if you have 5 or 6 cp) you should use RT, and if you don't have a proc don't use PS

Even with AR up, energy isn't infinite, although it's ok to ignore the proc if you're already sitting on 90% for example

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2016 at 7:01 PM, Carrn said:

Not really sure that I understand what you're trying to say, but the idea is that you use PS when it won't cause you to overflow on CPs and you have a proc. If either one of those things is the case, you shouldn't be using PS - if it will cap you (ie: if you have 5 or 6 cp) you should use RT, and if you don't have a proc don't use PS

Even with AR up, energy isn't infinite, although it's ok to ignore the proc if you're already sitting on 90% for example

Okay I think you actually summarised what I was trying to say much better with the last line there, sorry for taking so long to reply I wasn't sure what to write.

However I have a new question about stat priority.
Using these stat weights for the current iLvL

  • Agi: 1
  • Vers: 0.61
  • Haste: 0.56
  • Crit: 0.55
  • Mastery: 0.49

is it better to use an item that has a higher value with worse stats?
In my case I'm not sure whether to pick between a ring with iLvL 850 with 786 crit & 1049 haste +a socket and an enchant for 300 vers or to use the other that has iLvL840 707 crit & 1061 + 150 vers with enchant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Xenon said:

Okay I think you actually summarised what I was trying to say much better with the last line there, sorry for taking so long to reply I wasn't sure what to write.

However I have a new question about stat priority.
Using these stat weights for the current iLvL

  • Agi: 1
  • Vers: 0.61
  • Haste: 0.56
  • Crit: 0.55
  • Mastery: 0.49

is it better to use an item that has a higher value with worse stats?
In my case I'm not sure whether to pick between a ring with iLvL 850 with 786 crit & 1049 haste +a socket and an enchant for 300 vers or to use the other that has iLvL840 707 crit & 1061 + 150 vers with enchant.

The general rule is that item level is always better, but lets look at how stat weights work.

Let's use 2 examples from Wowhead as examples:

Wristwraps of Broken TrustWristwraps of Broken Trust (I'll write WBT) andDragonspur WristguardsDragonspur Wristguards (I'll write DW)

WBT has 729 Agi, 288 Crit, and 445 Mastery. To find the value of this item, we first must find the value of those different stats, then add the values of each stat together.

  • 729 x 1 = 729
  • 288 x 0.55 = 158.4
  • 445 x 0.49 = 218.05
  • 729 + 158.4 + 218.05 = 1105.45

DW has 729 Agi, 509 Crit, and 225 Haste

  • 729 x 1 = 729
  • 509 x 0.55 = 279.95
  • 225 x 0.56 = 126
  • 729 + 279.95 + 126 = 1134.95

Using this method, we can see that DW is a better bracer than WBT. 

The same thing goes for items of different levels, although hopefully you can see that the value of Agility is significantly higher than the value of any other stat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Carrn said:

The general rule is that item level is always better, but lets look at how stat weights work.

Let's use 2 examples from Wowhead as examples:

Wristwraps of Broken TrustWristwraps of Broken Trust (I'll write WBT) andDragonspur WristguardsDragonspur Wristguards (I'll write DW)

WBT has 729 Agi, 288 Crit, and 445 Mastery. To find the value of this item, we first must find the value of those different stats, then add the values of each stat together.

  • 729 x 1 = 729
  • 288 x 0.55 = 158.4
  • 445 x 0.49 = 218.05
  • 729 + 158.4 + 218.05 = 1105.45

DW has 729 Agi, 509 Crit, and 225 Haste

  • 729 x 1 = 729
  • 509 x 0.55 = 279.95
  • 225 x 0.56 = 126
  • 729 + 279.95 + 126 = 1134.95

Using this method, we can see that DW is a better bracer than WBT. 

The same thing goes for items of different levels, although hopefully you can see that the value of Agility is significantly higher than the value of any other stat

This clarifies pretty much what I thought but was unsure of because with stats like Mastery and Crit stacking them makes their effects more apparent because of the proc chance associated with them. Going purely off stat weights it should be easy to pick determine the more effective piece of gear, thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Xenon said:

This clarifies pretty much what I thought but was unsure of because with stats like Mastery and Crit stacking them makes their effects more apparent because of the proc chance associated with them. Going purely off stat weights it should be easy to pick determine the more effective piece of gear, thanks again.

Yeah that sort of thing is already factored in when looking at stat weights.

It's a pretty complicated bit of math, but what basically happens is Simulations are run that checks the damage increase of one stat over another. If you're interested in the Math behind it, you should head over to Ravenholdt and check out Fierydemise's work. He and a number of other people on there do all kinds of math for Rogues of every spec, and it gets pretty interesting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Dredd
      <Return With Honor> H6/9 weekday 6pm-8:30p EST raid times. Tank and Sham/Priest heals needed. We also have a reward system where you can receive game time & game store items paid for by the guild. If interested pst me. Also visit us at returnwithhonor.shivtr.com
      Who Are We?
      Originally established in Tichondrius-US during the WoD expansion, Return With Honor is a guild lead by military veterans who are also veteran players of World of Warcraft. We offer great conversations, crude humor, active environment, and a home for individuals looking to be apart of a tight nit group. We also have a guild point system used by our members to earn great prizes like in-game items(gear, pets, mounts, etc) and game time. These points can be earned by staying active on our guild website, volunteering to assist the guild, and being involved in any guild groups.
      RAID SCHEDULE
      Alternating raid weeks
      (Varying days scheduled a month out)Tues, Friday, Sunday and Wed, Thu, Mon: 6:00PM-8:30PM EST
      We expect everyone to be prepared and ready to go 15 minutes before raid time (5:45PM EST) to start pulls at 6:00PM EST. We get Saturdays off every week.
      https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/emerald-dream/Return+With+Honor
      RATED BATTLEGROUNDS
      The RBG schedule varies on a week by week basis. Multiple groups will be formed to accommodate mostly everyone.
      Guild Events
      Guild Events are held every week with prizes for members to earn like high ilvl BOE gear, gold, pets, and mounts.
      If interested please contact Hoodxd or myself by in-game message or mail
      contact me at #ActionJack11202
    • By Treylawny
      <Trust> may be what you're looking for if you enjoy killing internet dragons with a group of like minded players! Currently we are 8/9 Heroic, soon to be stepping into Mythic ToS. We are recruiting to finish rounding out our raid team. <Trust> is located on the [US] Doomhammer/Baelgun pve servers, alliance side! Check us out!
       
      About Us:
      <Trust> is a recently formed guild, founded by a group of long time players that have been raiding together for a couple of years now. Founded out of a desire to continue raiding in a casual-progression manner, we work towards defeating mythic bosses. <Trust> is a raiding guild, first and foremost.
       
      Our Raids:
      <Trust> maintains a progression-oriented 2-day semi-casual raiding team. That's 'semi' as in we expect our team members to always prioritize life first; but not 'casual' as in we take downing bosses less seriously. We strive to maintain a balance of taking our progression raids seriously while having plenty of laughs along the way.
       
      Raid Schedule:
      Tuesday & Thursday: 5p – 8p server (8p – 11p eastern)
      Friday(optional): 5p – 8p server (8p – 11p eastern)
       
      Recruitment:
      <Trust> is looking for full time Resto Druid, Mages, Hunters, and Warlocks for our raid team. We are also open for good people to join as casual players, pvpers, with the option to join farm content or alt raids.
       
      More Info:
      Feel free to reach out to us:
      Recruitment Officer:
      In game - Treylawny
      Battletag - Treylawny#1813
       
      Guild Lead:
      In game – Oleic
      Battletag - Jarg#1591
       
      -OR-
       
      Website and Application: <Trust> (US)Doomhammer/Baelgun
      (The app is quick and painless as its used primarily to get your name to us quickly!)
       
      Discord is our way of communicating during raid; also used for casual chatting!
       
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Jade Rogue Deck List Guide.
    • By Akezhar
      So I just got my Rogue to 110 on Monday and plan on raiding soon. But  I am a bit unhappy about Vigor not being an option. Every guide I found put the other two talents above it. I really like playing with Vigor, this might just be because my gear is still kinda bad and messed up(850ish), but it feels a lot smoother with Vigor.
      So I wanted to know why excactly the other two are better and by how much. 
      Edit: Sub