FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
lordarcon

Food Legion, nom nom nom

So getting everything in order for raid time, food and potions are a bit of a brain tease for me.

Food:

Ok so tables give 200 main stat (Dex,Int,STR, ect)

‘Best food’ gives 375 secondary – Haste,Ver,Mast,Crit, extra dmg

So what’s technically better from a flat dps/healing standpoint? Boomkin aside, what is the most ‘optimal’ food to be packing come raid time?

Potions and prepot:

So I assume melee uses ‘Potion of Old War’ and ranged uses ‘potion of deadly grace’, even healers, prepot? I can’t see any other way of doing it.

Also tanks – not too sure you’ll require the unbending potion pre-pot, think they should go for old war too?

It most likely depends on your class, honestly, as well as the different weights between stats. If you want an exact answer for the food, sim your character and check the stat weights. Compare the weights to the stat number from the food and you'll see which is better.

If you want a simple answer, check the Consumables page of our guides. They list exactly which food, potions and runes each class should be using.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By knight85
      I just got my subscription for wow last night.
      and at the moment i'm trying to clear out the inventories of some characters from the starter edition so that i can start fresh using the old characters names.
      my only problem is that even with the 6 bank characters i've made. i'm running out of space.
      the majority of my items are are darkmoon firewaters and food items you can buy in darkmoon faire that i got from sealed darkmoon crates while farming for daggermaws during the last darkmoon faire.
      so i want to know if these items are actually worth anything on the auction house?
      the addon i have for the auction says they are but i dont know how reliable that is.
    • By Hyrelia
      I have a question for Arcane mages that I couldn't find existing guides mention on any website. In dungeons, mana is not typically an issue as a healer because you can just drink/eat in between packs, I mained a healer up until now so that mindset is just ingrained in me. As Arcane Mage, would the same principle apply? Is it optimal to just forgo the conserve part of the rotation and just burn as much as you sustainably can with every  pack, since you can just eat conjured food in between packs, or should you still do conserve/burn phases similar to what you'd do in a raid?
      Thanks.
    • By Crodnoces
      I have played a PvE Fury Warrior for about 2-years and am only an average player.  I recently got 4-pieces of Tier-17 equipment and decided, using Baleful gear and Profession crafted gear, to get my gear stats to the soft caps of CRIT=>25% and HAST=>11%.  When those soft caps were reached, every stat improvement remaining to me went to MAST.  That included anything that WAS NOT needed to maintain the above listed CRIT and HAST stat caps:  enchants, gems, food, flasks and potions.  My total damage and dps in dungeons and raids has gone up by 15% over the course of the last 7 weeks.  Blizzard seems to have made my stats SO COMPLICATED.  And Icy Veins needs to get with the program and update its advice.  My Fury Warrior is no longer CRIT, CRIT, CRIT.
    • By Valtix
      Is it ever worth using different food based on the encounter, or should we always be using Mastery? I say this because Haste is slightly better than Mastery for AoE situations iirc, so on constant AoE fights such as Iron Maidens I wonder if it'd be better to use the Haste food. Also Multistrike is marginally better than Mastery for pure single target, so same thing there with a fight like Gruul.
    • By Crodnoces
      I've got an ilvl 646 Destruction Warlock.  Ivy-Veins says that it's stats in decending order are:  Intellect, Mastery, Critical Strike, Haste, Multistrike, Versatility.  Ask Mr. Robot emphasizes gear/weapon enchants for Mastery.  When I eat Savage Feast or Feast of the Waters which Blizzard describes as "gainning 75 in your attuned stat", I get a 75 unit increase in Critical Strike.  My Crit goes from 14.39% to 15.18% while my Mastery remains at 52.58%.  Do other Warlocks have the same thing happening to them?