Damien

Aggro Freeze Mage Standard

26 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Aggro Freeze Mage Standard deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played 6 games, won 6 games. I love aggro mage.
[merged]
This deck is very effective. I played six games and I won six games. I forgotten how much I loved aggro mage

Edited by positiv2
merged

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump played this for a while at the end of last season, his YouTube has three or four vids of it. He plays it very well, getting to Legend with a 23-7 record so might help people learning the deck (the last vid is here).

If, like me, you haven't played much freeze mage before it takes quite a while to get the hang of. I tanked from about 1000th to 7000th (EU) while playing it last season. Was starting to get the hang of it but not ready to risk ladder progress with it yet. It's great fun to play though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2016 at 10:15 PM, Bozonik said:

Trump played this for a while at the end of last season, his YouTube has three or four vids of it. He plays it very well, getting to Legend with a 23-7 record so might help people learning the deck (the last vid is here).

If, like me, you haven't played much freeze mage before it takes quite a while to get the hang of. I tanked from about 1000th to 7000th (EU) while playing it last season. Was starting to get the hang of it but not ready to risk ladder progress with it yet. It's great fun to play though.

Thanks for linking that video, hopefully it can help those that are struggling!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd just like to mention something that is missing in the guide: Frost Nova can be used offensively to net you more minion damage even after you have lost the board. By freezing up your opponent's minions, you also prevent them from attacking into yours, so playing a turn like nova+apprentice/valet/etc can easily give you that extra bit of reach in a lot of situations. This has won me countless games with this deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2016 at 9:04 AM, Keizoku said:

Jesus H. Christ, the sooner Reno Jackson rotates out of standard, the better...

Do I sense a bit of salt? For real though, it's a nightmare vs. this deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JooBatanete said:

I'd just like to mention something that is missing in the guide: Frost Nova can be used offensively to net you more minion damage even after you have lost the board. By freezing up your opponent's minions, you also prevent them from attacking into yours, so playing a turn like nova+apprentice/valet/etc can easily give you that extra bit of reach in a lot of situations. This has won me countless games with this deck.

Interesting point. I imagine it would need to be added cautiously, in case people start wasting it to push damage that should otherwise be skipped on to prevent more damage in the long run. Will see what we can do anyway, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blainie said:

Do I sense a bit of salt?

 A whole sea of it; but let us just say the bottom of my heart opinion about that card isn't fit for publishing so I summarised!  :p

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had really bad luck with this deck, escpecially witht he doomsayer, I've had games in which I had everything ready, but the doomsayer is literally always the last card in my deck, i really don't know why but it sucks so bad for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really fun deck!  As said above, Trump has 3 videos showcasing this deck.  So if you are having trouble, watch him play and learn why he plays what and when.  It's a really good visual companion to this written guide I think.  So satisfying burning your opponent while they have an upper hand on the board and you take them from 26 to 0! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How to deal with the warrior decks? They gain SO much armor, the spells AND minions in this deck are simply not enough, or am I missing something? Just started playing this deck after watching trumps videos and reading the guide here, but so far I have 2 wins and 11 losses, brought me from rank 14 to 17. Of course playning the deck is not easy but I have the feeling that with the current meta it has a hard time due to massive armor warriors and reno decks. What do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guest Monsy said:

How to deal with the warrior decks? They gain SO much armor, the spells AND minions in this deck are simply not enough, or am I missing something? Just started playing this deck after watching trumps videos and reading the guide here, but so far I have 2 wins and 11 losses, brought me from rank 14 to 17. Of course playning the deck is not easy but I have the feeling that with the current meta it has a hard time due to massive armor warriors and reno decks. What do you think?

This deck struggles against reno decks and control warrior/priest decks. This makes freeze mage a suboptimal choice when it comes to decks in current meta - mage as whole is currently in a very bad shape, sadly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Against a deck with a lot of healing (priest or Reno), your win condition will be a one turn kill (thalanos, sorc apprentice, 2x frost bolt, 2x ice lance, 2x roaring torch for 32 dmg). 

In those cases use minions, fireballs, and forgotten torch to clear the board and chip away at their health until you have the damage in hand to get the one turn kill. 

An extra trick vs Reno warlock can be to keep cold light oracle in the mulligan. Since they almost always pass on turn one and life tap on turn two you can over draw them on turn 3 or 4 with the oracle. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JoJoBa said:

How is this deck fitting in the current meta? Like versus Reno, Jade and specially Pirate Warrior right now?

Not that well, sadly. You should still be able to reach good ranks with it, but don't expect anything wondrous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Guest Guestyes said:

Where could I fit Alextrasza in this deck? I feel she would help alot. 

In place of Coldlight Oracle, as you can't afford to run it in current meta. Most of the time it refills your opponent's hand as well, or it helps your opponent dig for Reno Jackson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone explain why Leeroy Jenkins is in this Deck ? and what does he have to do ?

Why is there no Frost Nova ? Is this Deck not too "squishy" without ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guest Guest Ferhat said:

Can someone explain why Leeroy Jenkins is in this Deck ? and what does he have to do ?

Why is there no Frost Nova ? Is this Deck not too "squishy" without ? 

Leeroy is merely an overcosted Fireball as the deck falls slightly short on damage without Ice Lance.   Frost Nova can be included but the deck functions fine without it, Primordial Glyph can function well in that role when needed.   In addition to this, the true aggro deck in the meta, Pirate Warrior, doesn't care too much about Frost Nova, at a time you will want to use it they will be using purely Weapons and Chargers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pesty said:

Leeroy is merely an overcosted Fireball as the deck falls slightly short on damage without Ice Lance.   Frost Nova can be included but the deck functions fine without it, Primordial Glyph can function well in that role when needed.   In addition to this, the true aggro deck in the meta, Pirate Warrior, doesn't care too much about Frost Nova, at a time you will want to use it they will be using purely Weapons and Chargers.

So is this deck worse than before Un'goro or does the new added cards balance that ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guest Guest Ferhat said:

So is this deck worse than before Un'goro or does the new added cards balance that ?

Worse is a relative term, every deck in the format lowered in power level due to the standard rotation.  However as Aggro Freeze Mage is performing better in the current meta than it was before the rotation, due to Arcanologist and Primordial Glyph being added to the set, but also thanks to Reno and Justicar rotating out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been having lots of success on the ladder with this deck.  Priests, Hunters, and Murloc Shaman are troublesome.  Taunt Warrior is very difficult with this deck.  And I've started to see more and more Hunters adding Flare making this a highly unfavorable matchup.

On the good side, outside of a perfect draw from Questing Rogue, this deck is almost an instant win against Rogue and Druid.  And I'm fairly certain it's impossible to lose to questing Mage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Aleco

      In episode two of "What's the Move?" Aleco discusses an open-ended situation which doesn't have a clear answer.
      In episode two of "What's the Move?" Aleco discusses an open-ended situation which doesn't have a clear answer.
      We kicked off this new series by analyzing a tricky situation which had only one optimal line of play. In episode two we'll take a look at a very different kind of situation, one where there might not be a perfect move at all.
      Please let us know in the comments what you would have done in this situation! One of the primary goals of this series is to foster improvement at Hearthstone by generating discussions. We would also love to hear your feedback on the video itself, as the series is still very new and has plenty room to improve on its format.
      - Aleco
    • By Stan

      In the latest Hearthstone update, Blizzard made adjustments to several cards. The patch is now live now on desktop and it should become available on mobile devices in the coming hours.
      Philosophy and reasons behind these changes can be found here.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Card Changes
      Innervate now reads: Gain 1 Mana Crystal this turn only. (Down from 2)
      Fiery War Axe now costs 3 mana.  (Up from 2)
      Hex now costs 4 mana. (Up from 3)
      Murloc Warleader now reads: Your other Murlocs have +2 Attack. (Down from +2 Attack, +1 Health)
      Spreading Plague now costs 6 mana. (Up from 5) 
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Halls of Valor Mythic+ dungeon guide.
    • By capimeista
      hello everyone,
      i feel like im doing way to low dmg in my hc raids could some of you take a look at my logs and see if im doing something wrong.
      i already know my legendary ice time isnt the best but i dont have another.
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dXFRr843LvBVNTpk/#type=damage-done&boss=-2&difficulty=0&source=5
      my thanks.
    • By Zadina

      A new Brawl has landed in the Tavern.
      Just like with the previous expansions, it's time to try out the deck recipes of Knights of the Frozen Throne in this week's Tavern Brawl. The archetypes for each deck recipe are the following:
      Druid: I guess the best name for this deck is Midrange Druid. It has Ultimate Infestation and Spreading Plague, so... PROFIT?! Deathrattle Hunter Elemental Mage Divine Shield Paladin Control Priest (you've probably seen variations of it in ladder) Jade Deathrattle Rogue Freeze Shaman Zoolock Control Warrior with Enrage minions This is a good opportunity to try out cards that you don't own. Good luck and have fun!