Mirror Image — Mage Card
Table of Contents
Mirror Image is a Mage-only spell. 2 copies of this card are given to you when you reach Level 4 with Mage. Later, when you reach Level 36 and 38 with that class, you get a golden version of this card. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Mirror Image is a card that can be effective in the right situation, but needs a deck that is built to take advantage of it. Simply casting a Mirror Image to delay your opponent will not improve the state of the board. To use Mirror Image effectively, you need to use it to hide important minions behind it, use it to synergise with Flamewaker or Archmage Antonidas, or have a specific game plan that involves stalling the game.
2. Constructed Play
Mirror Image is used in specific Mage decks to combo with cards like Flamewaker and Archmage Antonidas, or to aggressively protect early minions like Mana Wyrm to create a lot of pressure. It is also a strong tech choice against Warrior to protect your minions from the early threat of Fiery War Axe.
Mirror Image is a fairly poor card in Arena. You are unlikely to get strong synergies for it in your Arena draft, meaning that it will simply be destroyed for free by your opponent in most situations.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Aggro Secret Mage Deck
- Firebat's Aggro Elemental Mage Deck
- Cheap Tempo Mage Wild Deck
- Aggro Freeze Mage Deck
- Cheap Netherspite Mage Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Curator Mage Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Cheap Magic Mirror Mage Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Cheap Lady Naz'jar Mage Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Basic Giantfin Mage Deck (Normal Mode)
- Basic Lady Naz'jar Mage Deck (Normal Mode)
- Cheap Temple Escape Mage Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Cheap Zinaar Tempo Mage Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Basic Atramedes Mage Deck (Normal Mode)
- Mid-Budget Atramedes Freeze Mage Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Basic Emperor Thaurissan Mage Deck (Normal Mode)
- Check out What's Coming up in the Next Few Months
- Tavern Brawl: Pick a Hand, Any Hand
- HGG Cheer: Win a Card Back, Packs & Twitch Emotes
- BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, Goody Bag, Mobile App, More
- Special Event: Rise for Days of the Frozen Throne!
- September 2018 Ranked Play Season - On the Level
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #24
- Tavern Brawl: Double Deathrattler Battler - Standard
- Basic Shaman Deck
- Hearthstone Hunter Spells, Minions, and Weapons
- Malygos Rogue
- Puzzle Lab's Lethal Puzzles
- Arena Priest Tier Lists
- Monster Hunt Progress Thread
- Secret Paladin Wild