FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

T16 Warlock Style - Heroic & Mythic

Listen tonight if you want to hear me raging at my raid.  Apparently attacking mind-controlled players is above what they're responsible for.  Raiding is usually fun in my group - tonight, it will be hell until they get their shit together and kill Garrosh like they're supposed to.

If it makes you feel any better Zagam, We've downed garrosh 15 times so far. Last night we spent almost 3 hours wiping to him before we finally killed him, all due to people making simple stupid mistakes. Gary is a bitch to everyone, we're geared enough now that we carry 2 people, only get 1 star in the 1st phase, only 1 whirling in the 2nd phase and yet 1 person missing an interupt in the first transition, 1 person fucking up malice 2 or 4, etc. etc. garrosh isn't a fight you can outgear.

Yeah, it got so frustrating last night that I hearthed out during the engineer just to give my raid a big middle finger for not taking the fight seriously.  Right now, I'm putting a spreadsheet together that literally calculates everyone's damage to mind controlled people.  It's not going to be used as a carrot anymore - it's going to be used as a stick.  The worst person at mind control damage tonight will not get to roll on the mount.  I'll do that every week from here on out.  If you have the mount and are in last place, the next piece that is an upgrade for you gets disenchanted.  I think it's gotten to the point where we 1 shot Siegecrafter and 2 shot Paragons and people lose respect for the content.  Then instead of a 45 minute clear of the last 3 bosses, we wipe 18 times and spend 3 hours wiping to a boss we 2 shot the week before.  I'm a VERY nice guy to raid with when you do your job.  I'm your worst nightmare when you don't.  I go all Liam Neeson on your ass with logs - I will find your mistakes - I will find who did it - and I will call you out. 

I love my raid group - they're incredible.  But man, sometimes they need whipped into shape.  Then, when someone is having a bad night, others will overreach and overcompensate and try to do too much which snowballs other issues.  Being a raid leader of 10 is exhausting when things need corrected.  I can't wait to manage 20.

• Like 1

Heroic Garrosh is an interesting fight. So far I've only made it into the first transition but then again we only put an hour into tonight. We kept wiping due to not getting the adds interrupted. How are you guys doing it? We send me and a disc priest to the right side and I think I'm not killing the adds in time to avoid the casts.

Heroic Garrosh is an interesting fight. So far I've only made it into the first transition but then again we only put an hour into tonight. We kept wiping due to not getting the adds interrupted. How are you guys doing it? We send me and a disc priest to the right side and I think I'm not killing the adds in time to avoid the casts.

This is how we do it. This is doable even if you don't have a single proc.

As you enter the realm get your druid to Roar, otherwise use a speed boost. 

Drop RoF on one of the side packs as well as the middle pack as you run through. Pull your pack with RoF.

Conflag the closest add twice, then mouseover Havoc the left one. 

At this point you'll need to stun all 3 with shadowfury.

Chaos bolt the closest mob once, then the right (unhavoc'd) mob twice. Your disc priest (blood elf) can use arcane torrent here if that's what race s/he is.

Finish up with shadowburns if necessary and/or a single target Spell Lock on the closest add.

http://www.twitch.tv/liquidsteel/c/4116729

Just skip ahead by like a minute or so to the first transition. I get a decent proc so it goes quicker, sometime you will need to do a single target interrupt. I also went into the transition with less embers than normal due to BBoY procing before he pulled us in, resulting in not being able to shadowburn the last 2 adds.

We do 3 and 2 in the transition.  

I go in with 3+ embers and RoF, F&B double conflag, Stun, F&B Incin 1 or 2 times then shadowburn cleanup.  Sprint to back and Havoc back left, CB back right, CB front then F&B Conflag/Shadowburn cleanup.  I am grouped with Windwalker and Ele Sham.

The first pack was dieing too fast for Havoc which is why I moved to using it on the back group.

Quick question, I have the heroic bracers of Norushen (hit+ mastery), and yesterday i got heroic warforged ones from galakras (hit + crit). Are they better then the ones from norushen?

Quick question, I have the heroic bracers of Norushen (hit+ mastery), and yesterday i got heroic warforged ones from galakras (hit + crit). Are they better then the ones from norushen?

Nope^^. As example for Destro´s Chaosbolt you need 200 mastery rating for 1% more damage, with crit you would need 600 crit rating to gain the same damage. Most of this is also true for Affli and Demo, but these specs are a little bit different due to all the haste breakpoints, so haste and mastery are much closer for them.

The best ones are the Haste Mastery ones from Spoils.  Relatively minor difference, but you should almost never pass up a piece of gear with Mastery over one without Mastery.

The best ones are the Haste Mastery ones from Spoils.  Relatively minor difference, but you should almost never pass up a piece of gear with Mastery over one without Mastery.

I have a similar situation and had figured the extra ilvls trumped the mastery once reforging is said and done.  You would roll with the Hit/Mastery?  I ended up keeping the WF and banking the Mastery Ring.

Difference between HWF Hit/Crit ring from Protectors and H Hit/Mastery ring off Klaxxi

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=105443.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.140.2;104632.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.137.2

I have a similar situation and had figured the extra ilvls trumped the mastery once reforging is said and done.  You would roll with the Hit/Mastery?  I ended up keeping the WF and banking the Mastery Ring.

Difference between HWF Hit/Crit ring from Protectors and H Hit/Mastery ring off Klaxxi

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=105443.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.140.2;104632.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.137.2

I use the 567 Hit/Mastery ring over my 574 Hit/Crit ring.  If you want to math it out, you subtract the Intellect difference, add the Mastery difference, assign a weight to each, and math it.  Then you can justify which one you want to use.  To me, personally, I like Mastery on everything, mostly if it comes un-reforged.  The slight drop in Intellect (around 150) to pick up 450 Mastery is a no-brainer to me.  If it was a 580 Hit/Crit ring, things MIGHT be a little different.

The posts on this are a bit old so I'm not sure if anything has changed:

On H Sha, does singe/sear magic still remove the debuff without generating pride with or without Gift?  If so does it work with GoSac as well as the pet being active?

Got Gift?  No Pride upon dispelling. 

No Gift?  Pride upon dispelling.

This works for anyone you hit. 

GoSac gives you Cauterize, not Singe Magic.

Got Gift?  No Pride upon dispelling. 

No Gift?  Pride upon dispelling.

This works for anyone you hit. 

GoSac gives you Cauterize, not Singe Magic.

No, GoSac does give you Singe, unless they've changed that in the last couple months.

No, GoSac does give you Singe, unless they've changed that in the last couple months.

GoSac Imp gives Singe.

Imp gives Cauterise Master for Command Demon and Singe as a passive ability, auto casted on the player.

Fel imp gives Cauterise Master for Command Demon and Singe Magic as an additional ability (Mass Dispel).

Omnomnomnomnom^^

Kuchongs can be a pain, if they spawn directly on your spot.

Edited by check0790

Omnomnomnomnom^^

Kuchongs can be a pain, if they spawn directly on your spot.

Or don't look where you are disengaging :D

The posts on this are a bit old so I'm not sure if anything has changed:

On H Sha, does singe/sear magic still remove the debuff without generating pride with or without Gift?  If so does it work with GoSac as well as the pet being active?

GoSac and Sear Magic on Heroic Sha does NOT cause you to gain pride from dispelling, even when you do not have Gift.  Plus, it's only on a 10 second CD, so use liberally!

GoSac and Sear Magic on Heroic Sha does NOT cause you to gain pride from dispelling, even when you do not have Gift.  Plus, it's only on a 10 second CD, so use liberally!

I've had other experiences with it. I'm usually using it to dispell the first debuff that comes so I can cheese the gift just because I actually DO get pride from it.

I've had other experiences with it. I'm usually using it to dispell the first debuff that comes so I can cheese the gift just because I actually DO get pride from it.

Hmm, well I can't explain that. All I can say is I'm typically the top dispeller for that fight with no pride gained.