FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Deck Request Thread

4 hours ago, OroNerVoSo said:

Rogue quest miracle... could it exist :D ?

Absolutely. It's on our to-do list, but L0rinda is currently casting, so the work will resume next week if I recall correctly, and QA rogue is one of the deck that will be added.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cherubrock said:

I would love to see a Quest mage featuring secret synergy I've been tinkering with something like this

You will likely see a deck similar to yours added next week, once L0rinda finishes updating our high priority decks. Thanks for your suggestion!

• Haha 1

I don't know if its possible anymore, but a tempo/midrange warrior? I really liked how it was in vanilla, before it was extreme aggro or extreme control.

3 hours ago, Abelcain said:

I don't know if its possible anymore, but a tempo/midrange warrior? I really liked how it was in vanilla, before it was extreme aggro or extreme control.

It definitely is. Once our authors finish updating guides to the new format, it will likely be written unless the meta changes in a way that would make the archetype not viable anymore. Thanks for your suggestion!

New here, I currently am at my fifth day playing Hearthstone and am using your basic decks for all classes.  Could you post an updated basic deck for each class since the new update with possible KoFT and Classic upgrade paths? I know that these will be in Standard longer. Most decks have many cards from other Expansions, and since the only free packs we currently receive are Classic and KoFT, I think it would be helpful. Thank you.

I'll start with "Welcome to Icy Veins and Hearthstone :) "

I have no idea if they will update the decks but until then I suggest as long as your collection is not that huge just browse through it and look for cards you want to use. Look for simple improvements: Bloodfen Raptor is ok in a beast oriented Hunter deck otherwise you would do better with something like Faerie Dragon. Same stats for the same mana cost but with an additional ability.

Edited by Caldyrvan

17 minutes ago, Caldyrvan said:

I'll start with "Welcome to Icy Veins and Hearthstone :) "

I have no idea if they will update the decks but until then I suggest as long as your collection is not that huge just browse through it and look for cards you want to use. Look for simple improvements: Bloodfen Raptor is ok in a beast oriented Hunter deck otherwise you would do better with something like Faerie Dragon. Same stats for the same mana cost but with an additional ability.

Love this advice to a 5 day old HS-player: change your minions for better ones.

edit: I have an advice too. Pull legendaries!. Golden ones but normal ones are ok too.

Edited by Esthirel

2 minutes ago, Esthirel said:

Love this advice to a 5 day old HS-player: change your minions for better ones.

I have the feeling this is irony, or am I wrong?

• Like 1

yes its a joke of course. I think he doesn't know what to do for real but I like that you're giving him at least a direction.

He wants you to tell him all minions for a new deck. At least thats what i was looking for in the beginning.

Edited by Esthirel

I don't know his collection so I can suggest things for the deck he might not even have yet.

And I'm not a friend of "just give me the best deck possible, I don't want to think". Better to help a new player getting deeper into the complexity of the game and since I have no idea how much he already knows I thought a simple advice for the start can't hurt :)

• Like 1

Actually, I was thinking of others who come to the website. In the card swap section, there is nothing for the latest expansion. I would think that especially the Druid Basic Deck might be changed now that Innervate has been nerfed. I am not looking for someone to build me a deck, in fact I am planning to use only Basic, Classic, and KoFT cards to use so that I can get the maximum possible longevity on the decks I am using. As I like to play with all nine decks and am not planning on even trying for Legend for a while (do not have the time required), I just am having fun. Managed to go to Rank 19 today with only the Basic Priest Deck while finishing quests so I can get the card back. May try for 15 next month, but just having fun learning the classes.

Well it's ok to not be legend rank yet on day 5.  o O

Your confidence makes me curious. If you're an intelligent guy than my advice is to certainly give Rogue some (extra) attention. Rogue is rather complex but when played well it has the most potential of all classes if you ask me. Maybe you're a little fast by thinkning of Tier 1 strategy's like jade druid in your first week. On my 5th day I was happy I had my first deck that didn't get slaughtered in all matches. It was a hunter deck with a taunt theme haha. I was running , 2x defender of Argus2x Senjin Shieldmaster and had some surprise minons like stampeding kodo and a pair of Savannah Highmanes . The Highmanes' surprise was that they are stronger than other minions :) Most of the time they take the board  ;). 

Well good luck Malfurion . Look out for Skulking Geists and Nerubian Unravelers!

• Like 1

On 26. 9. 2017 at 1:11 AM, HSGuldan said:

New here, I currently am at my fifth day playing Hearthstone and am using your basic decks for all classes.  Could you post an updated basic deck for each class since the new update with possible KoFT and Classic upgrade paths? I know that these will be in Standard longer. Most decks have many cards from other Expansions, and since the only free packs we currently receive are Classic and KoFT, I think it would be helpful. Thank you.

Sadly, the list of KotFT cards that are improvements over the basic ones would be too huge, so listing all of them would take too much time. There isn't really a point in listing just a few cards either, so that means we will not be changing the basic decks until needed. You can always ask in the forums though!

On 26. 9. 2017 at 6:56 AM, HSGuldan said:

I would think that especially the Druid Basic Deck might be changed now that Innervate has been nerfed.

Our druid author has been away since the nerf, so no druid deck has been updated yet. An update should be coming later this week, hopefully later today.

Rotface isn't really good. Bad stats for very high mana cost generating minions you have no control of. But Mr. Hellscream is always great :) Anyway... I never know what to make of warrior, you play some face hitting or taunt/control deck, both totally boring imo.

Tempo Warrior has some potential for fun but doesn't last long.

I think the nature of the warrior class makes it hard to create something that's more enjoyable. Well, if you enjoy sitting behind your taunts and bore your opponent to death or like hitting the face without really interacting with your opponent warrior might be a thing for you :) Tempo Warrior lost a bit power since the nerf of Fiery War Axe but is still some fun. The standard decks for tempo warrior listed here are pretty fine.

Edited by Caldyrvan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Control warrior is what should be made from warrior. That this archetype cannot be played in current meta shows how the rotation cycles cripple Hearthstone. Warrior before the invention of standard was amazing: it answered everything you threw at it, was sort of hard to pilot and scary to play against. The fact that it builds up armor shows it's a control-ish class without being annoying like priest with it's "undo everything your opponent did" cards. Warrior was control with agression and surprising plays. Nowadays we have a weird pirate that makes us play warrior exactly the other way around and indeed it's not much fun anymore. Taunts are something warrior shouldn't be needing in my opinion. It should be the class that removes everything in an original and grotesque manner time after time and then win after its opponent played all his cards...

• Like 1

Is there any way to see older/previous versions of decks on this site? I have tried the wayback machine but they are only documented up until around WotOG and ONiK, after that there is no way to see what decks were present during say, the Kobolds and Catacombs meta, or if there is it is very sparse. Sorry if this is not possible or too much of a hassle.

Edited by Cloverleaf77

On 10/10/2019 at 12:41 PM, Cloverleaf77 said:

Is there any way to see older/previous versions of decks on this site? I have tried the wayback machine but they are only documented up until around WotOG and ONiK, after that there is no way to see what decks were present during say, the Kobolds and Catacombs meta, or if there is it is very sparse. Sorry if this is not possible or too much of a hassle.

Sadly not. For decks that are still present on the site, I can get you previous decklists for that deck, but for decks that have been removed since, I do not think it would be possible for me to do.

I never really created a deck from scratch because I always felt incompetent when coming up with a "Theme" for a Hearthstone deck but I think I have done it. 
I've really grown fond of the the card "Pogo Hopper" yet it was a difficult card for me to implement as a main theme/end game card. So I decided that I would have to build around the idea with another to create an endgame feel. In other words I have created a Rogue Burglary deck with the side quest goal of building up the strength and force power for the Pogo Hopper to be ready for end game and ruler of the board. 

When placing Pogo Hopper on the field up against players who know that the card is non threatening they kind of over look the whole deck in general and believe that this is a noob deck that someone just threw together. But with the help of  Youthful Brewmaster and Togwaggle's Scheme really puts a veil over Pogo Hopper. Thus making the deck a non noob deck. 

The only issue with the deck is getting Togwaggle's Scheme in the beginning of the match. I tried adding some draw a cards battlecry options to increase chances. So the deck has a 80% chance of winning - based on my own statistics.

Overall, I found it to be a fun deck and a total blast to mess around with players who have spent hundreds of dollars making these elite decks only to be crushed by a simple card like the Pogo Hopper.