FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Deck Request Thread

Hello Icy Veins community!

We have decided to create a thread where you can ask for decks that are not present on our site. 

All requests will be looked at by our amazing guide writers, and if they believe the deck would be a good addition to our site, they will make it into a full-blown guide! If not, you can still ask in the Rate/Improve my deck thread or create a stand-alone thread. 

You can suggest both standard and wild decks! Anything is worth considering, so feel free to suggest any deck, even a hunter or paladin one :P

4 hours ago, Strongpoint said:

I'd love to see a new zoo deck or two. I know that meta is bad for them but it is still my favourite archetype.

Do you have a specific subarchetype in mind?
The currently uploaded zoo decks have sadly no improvements from the MSoG set, which means the decks are pretty much up to date, even though they have Karazhan as their last expansion.

On 11.02.2017 at 10:41 AM, positiv2 said:

Do you have a specific subarchetype in mind?
The currently uploaded zoo decks have sadly no improvements from the MSoG set, which means the decks are pretty much up to date, even though they have Karazhan as their last expansion.

It may be too wacky  but I'd love to see some reno-kazakus zoo made by good players because I spent a lot of time trying to make such thing work and failed to go beyond rank 9 with my brews.

L0rinda said he will do Kazakus zoo and will broaden our C'Thun decks selection as well.
Unless an unexpected issues arises, or the nerf patch goes live sooner than expected, the decks should be ready within 2 weeks. 

16 hours ago, Keizoku said:

Hurray!

I just want to clarify at this point that although I will (and have already started) put a lot of time into these, you can't suddenly magic up a new meta deck. I'm classing these decks as "Theme decks" and will endeavour to make them strong enough for Rank 5. Sometimes there will be a nice surprise, for instance I think the Jade Rogue deck can go beyond Rank 5, but in general they will be fringe at best (otherwise they'd already have been listed :) )

The aim of "Theme decks" will be for people to be able to dust off their old decks and rank up with good play. If everyone's happy with that deal, and naming, then I'm good to go. Keep the feedback coming, positive2 is doing great work in helping things get done!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, L0rinda said:

I just want to clarify at this point that although I will (and have already started) put a lot of time into these, you can't suddenly magic up a new meta deck. I'm classing these decks as "Theme decks" and will endeavour to make them strong enough for Rank 5. Sometimes there will be a nice surprise, for instance I think the Jade Rogue deck can go beyond Rank 5, but in general they will be fringe at best (otherwise they'd already have been listed :) )

The aim of "Theme decks" will be for people to be able to dust off their old decks and rank up with good play. If everyone's happy with that deal, and naming, then I'm good to go. Keep the feedback coming, positive2 is doing great work in helping things get done!

Well said! I wanted to thank you very much for this possibility, to give users power to influence Icy Veins' deck selection, and I will make sure to ask for a few decks as well! :P

positive2

Am sad now :( 

2 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

Well said!

Am sad now :( 

I have no idea how that even happened. I was very aware not to do it, dammit, sorry.

The aim of "Theme decks" will be for people to be able to dust off their old decks and rank up with good play. If everyone's happy with that deal, and naming, then I'm good to go.

That's more than fine by me! If I want to push, I have Pirate Warrior for that (and I'm fed up with it!). What I'd like to see are more gimmicky decks à la DisguisedToast to have fun when questing in casual or playing ranked for fun when I have made rank 5 and I don't care for pushing anymore.

I've had alot of un with a deathrattle/jade golem hybrid rogue.

The idea came from Jade Swarmer and the potential to copy it's deathrattle to get even more value out of the golems in the late game.

I'd say it should contain at least:

N'Zoth, the Corruptor

Sylvanas Windrunner

Cairne Bloodhoof

Unearthed Raptor

Jade Swarmer

Brann Bronzebeard

Aya Blackpaw

and a bunch of jade cards ofc

It's definitely not a meta deck but incredibly fun to play. I havent been able to find the right combination of reaction/tech cards for it yet tho. (been playing with Gadgetzan Auctioneer aswell but my experience with it told me there's really no room for him)

I don't think we have any such deck in our lists currently. just adding my piece.

18 minutes ago, Shine said:

I've had alot of un with a deathrattle/jade golem hybrid rogue.

The idea came from Jade Swarmer and the potential to copy it's deathrattle to get even more value out of the golems in the late game.

I'd say it should contain at least:

N'Zoth, the Corruptor

Sylvanas Windrunner

Cairne Bloodhoof

Unearthed Raptor

Jade Swarmer

Brann Bronzebeard

Aya Blackpaw

and a bunch of jade cards ofc

It's definitely not a meta deck but incredibly fun to play. I havent been able to find the right combination of reaction/tech cards for it yet tho. (been playing with Gadgetzan Auctioneer aswell but my experience with it told me there's really no room for him)

I don't think we have any such deck in our lists currently. just adding my piece.

Don't forget Shadowcaster, card is insane in this deck, I know, I tried, with Aya Blackpaw especially and even Edwin VanCleef, it makes the deck slower, but significantly more powerful.

25 minutes ago, FanOfValeera said:

Don't forget Shadowcaster, card is insane in this deck, I know, I tried, with Aya Blackpaw especially and even Edwin VanCleef, it makes the deck slower, but significantly more powerful.

oh yeah, almost forgot. I just figured I'd give a few must haves at least. Shadowcaster definitely fits in that list.

2 hours ago, Shine said:

oh yeah, almost forgot. I just figured I'd give a few must haves at least. Shadowcaster definitely fits in that list.

I did look at the N'Zoth option, but felt that with such a fast meta I'd cut some of the slower stuff and give it a bit more early game.

On 2/13/2017 at 1:41 PM, Strongpoint said:

It may be too wacky  but I'd love to see some reno-kazakus zoo made by good players because I spent a lot of time trying to make such thing work and failed to go beyond rank 9 with my brews.

Deck is now up, and I'm very happy with it. (I'm not the type to always oversell my work). Should be enough for people to get to Rank 5 with, and has lots of fun interactions.

• Like 2

Two things I would like to see;

First is a rogue I saw several times recently, it is like an aggro murloc rogue. Not sure about the decklists though.

Second one is a Reno N'Zoth Hunter that I am having lots of fun with lately. I also run secrets, so the deck is quite abnormal,  but that is optional. However, N'Zoth Hunter could be good with cards like Highmane and Wolf.

I am not saying that these decks can reach legend, but rank 5 seems reachable.

1 hour ago, FanOfValeera said:

Two things I would like to see;

First is a rogue I saw several times recently, it is like an aggro murloc rogue. Not sure about the decklists though.

Second one is a Reno N'Zoth Hunter that I am having lots of fun with lately. I also run secrets, so the deck is quite abnormal,  but that is optional. However, N'Zoth Hunter could be good with cards like Highmane and Wolf.

I am not saying that these decks can reach legend, but rank 5 seems reachable.

N'Zoth Hunter will probably be done, but likely won't contain Reno. I've actually done quite a bit on the deck and found several weaknesses that meant I put it on the back burner. As to the Rogue deck, there's a very good chance I do the Murloc/Pirate decks in multiple classes, but I'm now at the point where the nerf to Small-Time Buccaneer is about a week away, and so those definitely won't come before that time.

Firebat played a Scavenging Hyena OTK/Combo deck recently on stream. I 'm not sure if that would be rank 5 achievable but if it fits the criteria it would be good to have a guide to try and reduce my terrible play when I have a go!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bigtimedwarfer said:

Firebat played a Scavenging Hyena OTK/Combo deck recently on stream.

You can try our aggro hunter if you want to try the combo out.

On 21.02.2017 at 2:19 AM, L0rinda said:

Deck is now up, and I'm very happy with it. (I'm not the type to always oversell my work). Should be enough for people to get to Rank 5 with, and has lots of fun interactions.

Love the pirate package here and question myself - why didn't I get this idea?

I definately agree that this deck is a rank 5 material if piloted well, in fact I intend to play this deck (minus Cairne because I have better uses for my dust)  to get final push to rank 5 this season and I am very interested how will it perform after the incoming nerf

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnnyZ said:

Can we make highlander elemental priest a thing?

Elemental priest is likely, highlander elemental priest is probably not. Just note that our authors are currently very busy, which means the deck will be deployed much later than it would be in the middle of "wait time" between expansions.
Thanks for the suggestion!

• Like 1