Starym

70 Million Players Achieved, Free Packs for All!

12 posts in this topic

lct2QxI.jpg

Well, it seems the good news just keeps rolling in for Blizzard, as Hearthstone has reached the 70 million player mark just a few days after Overwatch got to 30 million! There number of concurrent daily users has also reached a high point, but we didn't quite get a number on that one. In any case, to mark this impressive high water mark in the game's history everyone is getting three free card packs and all you have to do is log in!

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (source)

It’s a good thing that there’s always room for one more, because the tavern has now welcomed over 70 Million players! On top of that, with Journey to Un'Goro, Hearthstone had more players playing together on the same day—around the whole world—than at any point in its history!

The Next Round’s on US!

We’re humbled and grateful that so many players have chosen to join us for some Hearthstone fun. As our way of saying thanks, starting today through the end of May, everyone who logs in will receive three free Journey to Un’Goro card packs. Yup! Everyone! Even new players! Just log in to claim your bonus packs!

3Pack_HS_InBlog_EK_500x238.png

We look forward to sharing many more years of Hearthstone with you. Hold on to your mug, and let’s find out where the journey will take us, together!  

AYRLNZFG7ZCY1401477381322.png

I got a 2nd Steam Surger and 100 dust... Sounds about right.Brings my total to 2 legendaries for about 100 packs. Really thinking about quitting the game if my luck isn't better in the next expansion, since I can't stay even reasonably competitive as a free player with that rate.

I miss adventures already. Losing Rag and Sylv to "hall of fame" hurt too.

I was wondering where the hell those came from. My packs popped up while I was in the middle of something so I guess I missed the memo. 

3 hours ago, Laragon said:

I got a 2nd Steam Surger and 100 dust... Sounds about right.Brings my total to 2 legendaries for about 100 packs. Really thinking about quitting the game if my luck isn't better in the next expansion, since I can't stay even reasonably competitive as a free player with that rate.

I feel your pain bud, I have been a free player since the game first launched and I have only received 4 Legendary cards from opening packs, yeah 4 that's it, any others I own were crafted with dust, which also sucks complete ass as it takes me almost 1-2 months of earning gold to buy packs and crush the thousands of copies of the same darn cards to get enough dust to craft a 1 marginally competitive card that rng draws crap all over as it almost never sees the field of play, honestly I don't know what keeps me playing ether other then the addiction of maybe winning more then 1 game out of 30 against players who are obviously shelling out hundreds of real dollars to buy the best cards in the meta and crush the rankings with near unbeatable decks.

First pack was useful but simultaneously saddening.  Got my second Jeweled Macaw to improve my Midrange Hunter deck, although I also got a Crackling Razormaw...a day after I decided to craft my second one.  So 35 arcane dust lost there.  

Second pack was good, with some great elementals.  Still far away from playing a respectable Elemental Shaman, but it was a big step forward.  

And then, my third pack was the attachment.  Wow.  

As for the laments of being a free player, it's not so simple.  

I've been playing since March 30th and attained Rank 12 last month with a hilariously un-optimized Midrange Beast Hunter, while concentrating mostly on Arena, anyways.  (Where I average 3.5-4 wins) 

I did spend $4.99 on the Welcome Pack (10 classic packs plus one class-specific legendary), and might spend $20 at some point in the future for the One Night in Karazhan, but I certainly haven't spent hundreds of dollars and never will.  

Still, I attained a decent amount of dust, have 5 (all non-crafted) legendaries at present, and am increasingly getting more useful commons, rares, and even epics.  

Yeah, aside from Midrange Beast Hunter, I still need more cards to form other optimized decks.  But it's certainly attainable in a few more months, at most, and much easier than in a slew of other CCGs I've played.  

AmazingHearthstonePack.png

Edited by FinalSlayer

On 1. 5. 2017 at 9:31 PM, Laragon said:

Thats pretty weird. I play the game for about since the launch of GvG and i've got like a shit ton of either golden or worth keeping legendaries. Yes, i also had to disenchant a few (seriously blizz, why would  you print shitty legendaries? Ohhh, new legendary. Millhouse, thank you very much) 

You have to understand that blizzards employess want to be paid, servers eat money etc etc... We should be grateful that it is this much free

1 hour ago, Yamau said:

You have to understand that blizzards employess want to be paid, servers eat money etc etc... We should be grateful that it is this much free

This is one of the bigger lies in modern gaming. Very few games are "free" due to micro transactions that are essentially required to compete. Even on things that that aren't required people are often willing to spend way more than their fair share for a fancy skin (looking at you Magni). Some people drop hundreds on Heroes skins for a dozen of their favorites, so they are not hurting for money at all. WoW will always be a huge cash cow.

While Blizzard does one of the best jobs in the industry of keeping these open to the general public (Especially considering overwatch and heroes 2.0) to get to experience everything is very rarely free or takes an absurd amount of play time, and being there from the beginning because there is no reasonable catch-up tool. They are not at all hurting for money, and removing adventures in exchange for a 3rd expansion overall doesn't change their income potential, but it does hurt the free-mium player.

I am grateful for blizzard, they have almost always done right with their community. However, it doesn't mean we can get complacent in being heard if they are making small money grabs or even balance issues that seem like a mistake, especially with Activision being behind the scenes in recent years.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Yamau said:

Yes, Blizzard has just a profit margin of over 90% (high chance of it being over 95%) with Hearthstone. 400 Million in 2016, that is a net. profit of 360 Mio, more like 380 Mio.

Let us collect some money for Blizzard. Such a generous company! Pure charity.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2017 at 2:25 PM, Gnasha said:

was lucky enough to get the warrior quest Fire Plume's Heart from one of my three! And quest warrior is strong vs control, and OUTSTANDING against aggro!

Now that's a good pull. I love my taunt warrior deck!

• Like 1